Mars Rx in Leo

DiDi

astrop86
it does give us the opportunity to make changes in either our behaviour or show us what we are doing wrong so that we can change it for the better.:sad: I guess sob sob......

Inside Out Orange

astrop86
it does give us the opportunity to make changes in either our behaviour or show us what we are doing wrong so that we can change it for the better.:sad: I guess sob sob......

I believe life is just meant to be a constant challenge to mature and evolve. Always feels like everybody else has it much better under control though ... :)

DiDi

life is a constant challenge and learning for sure
there are those that do deal with things differently, i know ive worked on this one myself, as in when you think differently you can change your outlook.
but i also believe some people have it pretty good to, i feel somethimes the world is out of wack.. too many people hurting and dying and so on and then there are those out there that have great jobs happy mariages and money to enjoy life, their problems to them seem big but in relation to others they are small...
so i think it goes back to our perseptions...
some people are strong some are not and some get up get knocked down then get up again... and some of us right now just dont have the energy to get up again... by the grace of god we will

Inside Out Orange

We're almost there ... just one week to go until it goes direct again on the 9th.

I feel like if I can get through March, the next two weeks in particular, perhaps life will pick up a little. Chiron opp Sun tomorrow followed by Neptune opp Sun on the 14th ... just have to keep breathing deep and plodding through each day ...

DiDi

This transit is crazy and i dont think ive been affected like this so dramatically from a transit before.. that i know of anyway :(

I had no idea at the time mars was stationary as i didnt know about plannets going into shadow periods and i was thinking mars in leo would be good for me and my ex.. How dumb was I??

But around 18th of october i got angry with not being treated right and sick of him going backwards in our relationship, usually i would just wait it out.. cause it would normally sort itself out.. but a week later i really gave it to him and it resulted in a slpit.. I instigated it by anger he didnt stop me.

since then i have been hopeless and cryed daily i went into despeair and sobed over the lost hope and trust of our relationship....
.... that was till lastnight.. nothing happened i still havent heard from him or seen him but im angry again... and i feel like "how dare you have treated me like that" How dare you not love me enought to fix this"
.........so it must be true that all i was to him was conveniance for 8 years.... I have all this hate for him...( its really suprising me) of course i still love him and wish he would be man enought to contact me, but he isnt and i hate him more for it... im so angry.....
I just looked at this thread again and read how mars in now back in 0.leo

Just the same position as it was 17/18th october when i started getting angry with him...
:surprised:how bizzar

R4VEN

I found this really comprehensive article on Mars Retrograde In Leo on Melanie Reinhart's website:

http://www.melaniereinhart.com/

The link may just take you to her homepage, and you have to look under `articles' to find the one written by her on Mars Rx. It is worth reading. For me, the whole marsRx `dance' has taken place within my 7th house, and includes natal Mercury, Sun and Pluto. The Rx point - 19 41' Leo - is very close to my 8th house cusp. To say this time has been illuminating would be a massive understatement.

C0rnholio

I had been feeling Mars trying to go back direct with a full force already as early as Thursday last week. I am driving like a maniac again, not being patient with slow drivers, I cussed out and flipped a bird to a security guard at the airport immediately after he upset me, without any waiting or hesitation, like it should be done. I sent a well-edited nastygram to my boss today. Destroyed and threw away a few things that got in my way. And I am horny too. I am getting a lot of things done every day. Life is normal again, life is good. :)

LionKing

Yea... lately I have been getting the Mars direct feeling... strange that it is on my natal Venus area. The ladies usually look at me quite a bit, but now it is even more than ever. I'm enjoying it.
V/r LionKing :w00t:

DiDi

thanks r4ven that was a great link to read...

ive noticed crazy drivers since the weekend and mistook the moon for being in aries, but it wasnt... but moon was conjunct mars...hmmmm

LIONking... R*O*A*R...:love:

Last edited:

divine g

Banned
Mars Retro has had me re-treating from the world, and thinking seriously of re-tiring from my music career. Mars stopped right on my natal Mars at 19leo, and has cooly "moonwalked" back to my Asc at 1leo.

I've even retreated from this forum, as things got pretty heated over a thread I started back around November, and I gave up and left. So it's been a good time to re-think how I express myself(leo), and re-view how others may view me.(1st)

It's interesting, Michael Jordan has Mars in Leo, and he says his championship drive comes from the fact that he hates losing.(Leo's pride). But I just heard there are alot of stories of him being an a-hole. So I've been re-flecting on my own habits and how ppl see me, and I'm coming to terms with the fact that I really have to re-fine my leadership skills. Actually, up until this retrograde, I never really saw myself as a leader(I'm a gemini, dont wanna grow up). But with Leo as my ascendant, I'm re-alizing ppl see me as a leader, so I have to get my **** together and start acting like one.

Lately, I'm re-viewing, re-visiting, and re-living my past romances, which is what this rx period involves. I actually had a terrible terrible ugly end to my last relationship mid-January. My Mars just wouldnt let her past transgressions go. Right around the time it went stationary in Dec, I did something nice for her, and she turned around and stabbed me in the back. Long story short, I've been having to re-evaluate what I want in romance, and whether I should waste time dating someone who I wouldn't have kids with(5th-Leo loves to pro-create). This retrograde is a great time to take a step back and see where we all went wrong in matters of the heart. My ex made some stupid mistakes, but the epically asinine decisions she made right after Mars went retrograde took the cake. She was progressing along just fine for a couple of months before that, but she re-verted, and re-lapsed back to the same "bs" that made us break up in the first place.

So, use this retrograde/stationary period to stop,and re-view what you've done wrong in love affairs,child-rearing,creative-work,etc, and make sure not to re-peat the same mistakes. And for all those hot-headed Mars-ruled ppl who feel like things are going too slow, trust me, you'll be thankful for this little bit of time to take care of the all the little details you need to get right before you go rushing off into battle without the necessary armor.

ps I underlined all the words that start with re- to help everyone focus on the keys to unlocking the meaning behind this retrograde. To Raven, thanks for that article, one line stood out that I'm finally putting into action is to "Relinquish fruitless striving". That's a great motto for everyone now, as Leo's bit of narcissm seems to be taking over even the most avg ppl.

pps Oh yea, the ex, (whose Sun has progressed from compassionate Pisces to hotheaded, all-about me Aries), has rushed off in all her vanity to try and be a model. Perfect example of fruitless striving bc she's been drinking, partying, clubbing, and bar-hopping since last March. So needless to say, it's taken a toll on her looks, and it's a shame bc we broke up over her drinking(how sad is that?). If she ever gets off the self-centered ego trip she's been on, she'll realize she didnt hurt me with all her drinking, she hurt herself. And Im probably the only one who'll have the heart to tell her that her drinking has made her face look terrible, but she doesnt wanna listen so guess she'll have to learn the hard way (sigh.there goes my mars again. Word to the wise, don't ever break a Mars in Leo's heart, or try to seek revenge on him..Playing games with his heart is like going against Jordan, you will most certainly lose..)

Last edited:

R4VEN

Thanks for your post, divine g. I enjoyed it immensely. In particular, I enjoyed your ability to re-think, re-view and re-evaluate, and especially to take re-sponsibility for what is yours, and to leave others to their own fantasies. Your general tone has done a total turn-around from some of your eaarlier posts of a few months ago. This is a good thing I think.

I have found this time to be tremendously maturing - for myself as well as a lot of other people who are close to me. My eldest son has his natal Mars at 19 41' in Leo - the exact point at which Mars went Rx, and the Rx point of 0 17' in Leo is only 3' inside his 12th house cusp. He has made leaps and bounds during this time - all of it without the help of astrology. The theme of this Rx time for him has been `if I don't do it, then no-one will do it for me'. Much of what he has achieved is about self-acceptance, which I think is another way of describing what you were saying, divine.

Nexus7

There have been some Moments with the Mars retro. The best were before the weeks before and during Christmas/new year, with that Mars stationary square natal Mars. Just a crazy timetable, and in the end, well....irritating. Merc retro and transiting Sun to Saturn do not normally leave me feeling neurotic about flights booked, but as this one involved a Jupiter square Jupiter too, somehow I know it would not be plain sailing this time. Or rather, plain flying. Well, my flight was cancelled, the next was delayed, no-one told us anything, finally we went to a different airport and at 3 in the morning, there were no busses or trains.....

I saw a horrible student before Christmas who had forgotten we were supposed to behaving a lesson and over the Christmas period and turned the 'conversation only' lesson into an anti-feminist debate in which I somehow seemed to get cast as an arrogant Western Bigmouth. I wonder what Mars transits they were having too.....Over the break there were then endless harrassing emails from the school that sent me to take various Papers yesterday, switching the dealine meanwhile. Not long off the plane I found queues in her office a mile long and dirty looks. I was told the 'they were asking for a replacement.' There was a delightful little altercation in which she offered to show me the door and called my general state of well-being into question, but I just wanted to...tenderly shake her and wish her lots of love and wonderful.....karma for her prosperous future with her school and exemplarary methods of handling new staff. I wonder if her middle name was Hitler, or Stalin, or maybe, even Irma Grese.

Luckily, Not Everyone is Like That. Mars has been on all four of Ebertin's Big Four midpoints recently, but so far, the only real adversary in the last week, luckily, was a cold.

divine g

Banned
Thanks Raven, I got such a good laugh reading your imitation of me, I had to re-read it :lol:

if I don't do it, then no-one will do it for me'.
You're totally right, I'm learning to depend totally on myself, without complaining or expecting help from anyone else. Mars is actually moving through the 12th house of my progressed chart, so I've really been having to face my unconscious demons by myself, and have won some pretty tough battles recently. I guess it's no coincidence that I'm back on the forum as Mars slows down and starts gearing up to move forward again. I love the 12th house, there are definitely many secrets about life hidden there.

As for Mars in Leo, it can be pretty fiery and agressive, being a fire planet in a fire sign so I've become self-aware and realized I definitely needed to cool down for a while. I'm also the eldest son, and also got a bit of a tough love kick in the butt from my mom recently. I kind of had to go through spiritual boot camp, so to speak, what with Mars ruling soldiers and masculinity, so...I've had to "man up", not just in a superficial 1st house way, but deep deep down in that 12th house of mine that only I can really access.

So, your son and I have some things in common, my n.Mars is 19deg11'.
Luckily I have Saturn right behind it at 24degrees, so usually my temper is held in check, but it tends to build up frustration and comes out even more forcefully when I lose it. It has its pluses and minuses, but it definitely keeps ppl from messing with me :) All in all, Mars in Leo is a "man's man" so kudoes to you, you're lucky to have one for a son

Last edited:

R4VEN

Thanks Raven, I got such a good laugh reading your imitation of me, I had to re-read it :lol:
Just happy that I can still entertain another!!! (that's my Merc in Leo)
It has its pluses and minuses, but it definitely keeps ppl from messing with me :) All in all, Mars in Leo is a "man's man" so kudoes to you, you're lucky to have one for a son
There were times when I did not think that at all - our respective Leo energies clashed horribly.

Yes, my son is a man's man, and is very capable of taking care of himself in a tricky situation. His natal Mars is in 12th, so some Father Issues there, which he has dealt with very well. He was an appalling teenager, but is a delightful man, I'm proud to say.

Gwenyhfair

Mars rules my fifth house.

Never ever has there been such a "desert" in my life concerning all this house rules.

No joy, romance, fun :pinched:

5House generally ruled by leo, my mars in aqua. D-Oh!

When mars opposition mars is exact I felt like dying, and one more to go. Althou the first hit in autumn was worst...?

vanila

I was wondering ....when Mars goes direct ..is it going to be better time for sports, and for loоsing weight...because I'm on a diet now...and just waiting the weather to become better....to start with jogging...:unsure:
T Mars is in my 7th house.....in natal is in 6th conjunct Sun Cancer.....may be it will help me :smile:

I'm not sure about the effect on me...while retrograde....:whistling:

Good luck to all with Mars direct..... :smile::smile:

LionKing

Devine G when you mentioned Michael Jordan it reminded me of a conversation I had with a friend a few days back about Mr. Jordan. Recently Michael Jordan has become a percentage owner of Charlotte Bobcats.

I don't know how much attention any of my fellow astrologers made according to the timing of the anouncement of his percent ownership, but it was a curious note. If you went back a few days, the Sun was cazimi with Jupiter. Coincident on the timing? Hmm... it'll make you think on who gives Mr. Jordan advice.

Just a thought.
V/r LionKing

Inside Out Orange

But around 18th of october i got angry with not being treated right and sick of him going backwards in our relationship, usually i would just wait it out.. cause it would normally sort itself out.. but a week later i really gave it to him and it resulted in a slpit.. I instigated it by anger he didnt stop me.

since then i have been hopeless and cryed daily i went into despeair and sobed over the lost hope and trust of our relationship....
.... that was till lastnight.. nothing happened i still havent heard from him or seen him but im angry again... and i feel like "how dare you have treated me like that" How dare you not love me enought to fix this"
.........so it must be true that all i was to him was conveniance for 8 years....

Interesting because that's similar to my ex- and I, except I'm the him! Our split happened during the two weeks before your split. I've said elsewhere that the trigger came out of nowhere, a real surprise to me. Looking back it's hard to see any warnings signs but there were one or subtle ones. I did try to talk to her, but she kept saying she was angry and needed space to think about things. In my heart I saw it as an fait accompli that we would be splitting up. If at any time she had said "What's your opinion?" or "We need to talk about this" or "I'm not sure about us" I would have been trying to keep us together. But she didn't and I thought she was running away from me feeling overwhelmed by life.

I did contact her after about a month and we did email a few times but she never, ever enquired about how I was. She never initiated any contact between us. I've never been a pushy person and my natural instinct is to back away when I'm rejected. I really felt she was shutting me out and couldn't handle even thinking about me. I thought that by keeping in regular but not too close contact things might rekindle. They never did. She's now met someone else and while I'd like to remain friends, it just seems more difficult than ever.

Perhaps I could have done nothing but it's only in the last few weeks that I've come to realise that I needed to reach out to her even more than I did when things first triggered off. That I didn't help her to feel safe about what had happened between us. I guess that's my moral of the story, men don't always realise that they need to make that move. I've learned the hard way and lost someone I cared about. I don't say it's the same for your boyfriend as only you know what type of person he is, and how those kinds of situation have played out in the past.

siren1111

Well,, we have 9+ days to go now. I haven't had those faint hints of energies increasing yet.. but I did go through enough RE to last me another year. Rethinking, Revision, Recreate. My health is slowing coming to balance and that's a good sign. Now, Mars will give us that fire to get new projects off the ground, look for a new job, have better success with the romance, and in just about every aspect of it. If you are a Leo, double that! So, let's go! I cant wait.