Mars Rx in Leo

siren1111

"...but chiefly the state of my relationships with the world itself"

Yes, this seems to be a common theme. I had to clean house badly. But in friendship, personal relationships and living spaces. None of this were matching my energy. So, all the low energy people were dumped, all the one-sided bulls&%$ stopped, and I moved out. So, yes, my physical surroundings have changed and the company has definitely changed. It was traumatic in some cases, but much warranted. And how can you let the new people in when this sad old energy is around. So, I now say, "Yes, The Tower card(Tarot) wants to fall. Let her fall, and clear away all the dead weight"! The feeling of liberation is at hand.

C0rnholio

Guys, I am getting very horny again. I like it very much. Mars is now accelerating in the right direction. It is still speeding backwards, but accelerating forward (if you remember your high school physics). I think the speed and acceleration of the planets are also important, not just their position and direction of motion.

Inside Out Orange

Guys, I am getting very horny again. I like it very much. Mars is now accelerating in the right direction. It is still speeding backwards, but accelerating forward (if you remember your high school physics). I think the speed and acceleration of the planets are also important, not just their position and direction of motion.

I remember the high school physics but I need you to explain your point more clearly for me.

As we know retrograde planets are always actually moving forwards they just appear to go backwards. But the current Mars still has some way to go before it becomes stationery at 0Leo in early March.

Looking at the ephemeris it still seems to take about 3 days to cover 1 degree of Leo, the same speed it was covering them in January. It seems to me that it'll be another 2 weeks before it reaches 2Leo and begins to take a longer time to make the transition back to forwards motion.

That said, I am beginning to find a bit of a return for the urges ... :)

C0rnholio

I remember the high school physics but I need you to explain your point more clearly for me.
Acceleration is the derivative (the speed of change) of speed. Mars has been accelerating in the reverse direction for a long time since some time last fall, perhaps October. It slowed down and stopped in December and then went back, while still continuing accelerating in the direction opposite to its normal movement. This continued until about now. While it is still moving backwards, it is now accelerating forward. It will continue accelerating in the forward direction until it reached a constant forward speed. Then it will probably start decelerating again. Physics, or Dynamics to be exact.

I also wonder when the planet is more powerful -- when it is moving faster than average, or when it is moving slower than average? Like the typical Sun hanger-ons Mercury and Venus. On average they move at the speed of the Sun, but sometimes they move faster and sometimes they move slower.

.... Maybe it's the speed of the planets that matters. Now Mars is finally moving fast, but in the reverse direction!

Inside Out Orange

I'm fascinated and intrigued by this ... but my Mercury in Virgo is also needing precision!

- Firstly I assume we're talking about the 'apparent' motion rather than actual motion.
- Secondly I assume Mars itself has a constant speed of orbit around the Sun.

Now ... looking back a year ago to Feb 09 ... Mars was covering 47 mins per day ... it took just 38 days to go through Aquarius ... and by the time it entered Pisces on Mar 14th ... it was still covering 47 mins per day which suggest that is its top speed!

Into Aries on April 22nd still covering 47 mins per day.
Into Taurus on Jun 1st .. but now only covering 45 mins per day.
Into Gemini on Jul 12th ... now 42 mins per day.
Into Cancer on Aug 25th ... now 38 mins per day.
Into Leo on Oct 17th ... now 30 mins per day .
By Nov 1st ... Mars was covering 26 mins per day in Leo.
By Dec 1st ... it was 13 mins per day.
Until Dec 22nd when Mars was stationery.

So now in retrograde motion it began to accelerate (backwards).
On Jan 1st ... it was covering 10 mins per day.
On Jan 11th .. it covered 17 mins.
On Jan 21st ... it covered 23 mins.
On Jan 26th ... it covered 24 mins.
On Jan 31st ... it covered 24 mins.
On Feb 1st ... it covered 23mins.
On Feb 6th ... it covered 22mins.
On Feb 11th ... it'll cover 20mins.
On Feb 16th ... it'll cover 16mins.

So I think I'm with you now ...
- we've seen Mars at a constant speed of 47 mins per day from last February until June.
- Then it decelerated (moved slower each day) over the 2nd half of the year until it reached stationery motion in December.
- Then as it went retrograde it accelerated up to 24 mins per day (going backwards).
- And now it's beginning to decelerate in readiness for going stationery to be followed by forward motion and acceleration back up to top speed again.

Last edited:

C0rnholio

- Firstly I assume we're talking about the 'apparent' motion rather than actual motion.
- Secondly I assume Mars itself has a constant speed of orbit around the Sun.
Yes, correct. And thank you for digging up the details.

If the speed of the planets indeed does matter (in addition to the direction of travel), then I am thinking this may also extrapolate to the progressed planets. My natal Mars in Aries used to be aggressive, over-active, sometimes violent, destroying everything that gets in its way Mars. Now, recently I noticed that if is more calm, self-absorbed, and not that aggressive anymore. I checked my progressions and discovered that it only moved by 11 degrees over the 36 years of my life. In a few years it will soon stop and will start retrograding in Taurus. That Mars had been in Taurus since my age of 5, so being in Taurus itself can't explain that it is not as aggressive anymore. The upcoming retrograde is what I think is happening with it.

Inside Out Orange

Another interesting point ... I'd never really looked at my progressions in detail but ... my Mars was retrograde in Aquarius when I was born. It went back to forward motion when I was 20, will be accelerating for the rest of my life, and is just this year returning to the point it was when I was born. In total this far into my 38 years of life it has so far only travelled 5 degrees! I don't have a clue whether any of that is relevant :)

siren1111

God, I cannot wait for Mars to go direct! I've been sick, at home, feeling so low energy, and that's not a good way to feel! MARS go forward soon!

Moradiva

But the current Mars still has some way to go before it becomes stationery at 0Leo in early March.
My vertex is at 0 Leo in the 8th. Mars (my Sun ruler) sits on my ASC. It rules my 5th & co-rules my 4th...Should I expect anything?

Also, since Mars went retrograde, I've had more male interaction. (which is good bc I am female :wink:).

LeadLeftHand

Hello, how are all you Leos on the board doing? Mars in Leo from October 15 was quite nice and busy, busy until around December 20th. Now I see Mars has been Retrograde, and I have Mars in Leo naturally in my chart so I feel the delay. I was let go Dec. 20(interesting, right?) and am now looking for a part -time job. I have to work out everyday to keep my energy popping, and I don't feel inclined to be social either.

How do all of you Leos keep the fire and enthusiasm spark going from now until Mars goes direct??

Hello Leos

I have absolutely nothing in Leo, loads in Aquarius, but I was let go also from work on 14th December and moved house 4 days later.

Mars is going through my 8th so thats digging up loads of things for me to sort through, not very social either, and Mars stations direct on my vertex.. :pouty:

hi guys
mars rx conjunct my moon on the mc.... opp venus on the ic:pouty:
My boss turned from loveing my work to interviewing for my job in front of me saying it was just to see" whats out there " the staff all had somethng to say to him about it and he dropped it.
then mid january he deceded to be so abusive towards me i would walk.. which i did! (not going to stay where im not wanted) typical mc moon in leo.
I feel really low and washed up quite honestly, loosing my relationhips and haveing no closeure with that along with now being very poor, haveing my daughter move in with me to help her out.. has caused my peacefull home to now be a noisy messy wreck.. so its like ive lost my haven from the world.. I have no where to run!

Im not going to blame mars on all that but, Im not enjoying the transit
Three people:pouty:

I was sacked also. My Sun isn't even Leo.

DiDi

Thats really bad news LeadLeftHand
I wonder when mars goes direct again it will majically return all we have lost..:unsure:

Kerrie

Mars turns direct on my Jupiter in my 4th. I am really interested to see what happens? As it turns direct around my bday its also conjunct my Jupiter in my solar return. So I think this might be special... well going retro it caused problems, maybe turning the right way will fix everything? Heres to hoping! :biggrin:

Inside Out Orange

Some good description and discussion on the Mars retrograde over here ... http://www.astrologycom.com/marsret.html

Interestingly it says although forward motion resumes on March 10th, it's not until it gets back to its station (the point where it began retrograde motion 19Leo42) on May 17th that the effects of retrograde motion will stop.

And some graphics of how retrograde motion occurs here ... http://www.astrologycom.com/retroframe.html

Reyka

Hi all, I am not a Leo; my Moon is in Leo (10°) in the V House, though.
I was wondering if any of you are experiencing the same as me regarding interaction with Aquariuses lately, and if what's happening can be ascribed to this Retrograde Mars...
I keep clashing with the Aquariuses I know these days, and it's not something I was looking for! It comes out of nowhere- the more they are friends with me, the more they hurt with what they come up with, or the way they approach me. It's weird.

I used to love love love Aquariuses in general, but now I feel I should take a break from them? :unsure:

tsquare

Mars Rx

http://www.lynnkoiner.com/astrology-articles/mars-retrograde-2009-2010

http://www.cafeastrology.com/marsretrograde.html

Well....
I'm tired....​

~10 Mar 2010 12:50 pm 00°
leo.gif
18'
mars.gif
Stationary Direct~

Amy Vir Sn Ari Mn Pis Ris

My natal Mars is retrograde in Pisces 22 degrees when I have Pisces rising 18 degrees. Maybe it's because my Mars is backing into my rising but
I have a lot of energy.....but I don't ever want to expend it alone....I'll be able to keep up with the most active person if with folks but tend to be a homebody if alone. I also have Venus in Cancer tho so that would account for some of that.

How do I know how fast my Mars was when I was born? Where do you find that out?

And I also have Mercury in Virgo and like a nice detailed outline response that I can quickly pick up. lol. But I also know I don't always get what I want either. :biggrin:

Amy Vir Sn Ari Mn Pis Ris

Hi all, I am not a Leo; my Moon is in Leo (10°) in the V House, though.
I was wondering if any of you are experiencing the same as me regarding interaction with Aquariuses lately, and if what's happening can be ascribed to this Retrograde Mars...
I keep clashing with the Aquariuses I know these days, and it's not something I was looking for! It comes out of nowhere- the more they are friends with me, the more they hurt with what they come up with, or the way they approach me. It's weird.

I used to love love love Aquariuses in general, but now I feel I should take a break from them? :unsure:

Wonder how this retrograde would affect a Leo Sun with Aquarius moon then?

DiDi

hi, Reyka and Amy Vir Sn Ari Mn Pis Ris

iam aquarius sun merc and venus is on the ic and opposed 5 deg leo moon on the mc.

I think my behaviour has been moody to those im closest to and people i keep at a distance im my normal self maybe even nicer... Its a facade im angry with life right now but i have split from my long term love and my job i loved..

I think we aquarians unless conflicet with asertive plannets and/or placements usually put up with a lot in life, we are happy to stand back, but I feel with the mars retro iam sick of being the doormat and putting up with the usual **** from people... and well thats why iu have no love or my job now becuase i just couldnt put up with it anymore.

when personalities are strong.. people get use to it.
but when they are not strong and they become strong... some people dont like it.

thats only my perception guys..

I m finding that the leo moon on the mc wants recognition and wont be treated less than what i deserve.. my venus on the ic well im not sure im feeling that aspect.. hope life is a bit erractic with my daughter staying for a while and im allways moondy cause its not clean and peacefull anymore but thats about all.

astrop86

From cafeastrology, we see that:

17 Oct 2009 01:41 am 00°
leo.gif
18'
mars.gif
Enters Rx Zone​
20 Dec 2009 08:30 am 19°
leo.gif
42'Rx
mars.gif
Stationary Retrograde​
10 Mar 2010 12:50 pm 00°
leo.gif
18'
mars.gif
Stationary Direct​
17 May 2010 06:46 am 19°
leo.gif
42'
mars.gif
Leaves Rx Zone​

Natally, I've got a Leo Merc in the 11th house at 00°37'36" and a Leo Sun in the 12th house at 19°29'44" and personally, I cannot wait for this thing to be over with.

I am constantly tired, where I'm rarely able to be productive, especially during the day. I'm sleeping at least eight to ten hours with frequent naps through the day, where I used to only need about six hours of sleep. My thinking is often distracted more so than usual and I'm almost having a mini-quarter life crisis where my passion and enthusiasm for many of my hobbies and my work / school is just ... missing. I'm finding myself more argumentative and a bit touchy significantly more than usual.

Do I really have to make it to the end of May to get through this? Not cool.