Saturn Return & Death

LostinPhilly

Hi all,

Something really bizarre has been happening over the past weeks since my Saturn Return kicked off March 20th.

This all started with me buying three pets (fishes) for the first time. They died after a day or so. From that point onwards, I've been constantly anxious (shivers from my head/neck/back all day long which I never experienced before).

Then, I was supposed to have an interview for a job, but the lady kept rescheduling because her husband had some health issues and she needed to be with him.

A week later, I heard someone else from work had a death in the family.

Last week I woke up only to realize my necklace that I've had for many years as protection broke during the night (not sure it has anything to do with anything).

Yesterday, I started thinking of this colleague which had been made redundant a year ago. We haven't been in contact since they left the company, so I checked his LinkedIn last night out of sudden curiosity. Today, I found out he passed way this weekend!

Again, today, I also found out someone else lost their father.

I have Saturn in the 7th and quite frankly, this is very worrying to me. These strange shivers and death news. I'm starting to get scared.

Is death a huge part of the Saturn Return?

Osamenor

Staff member
It probably isn't always, but the seventh house is other people in your life. When Saturn is transiting your seventh, it stands to reason that the Saturn symbolism will be turning up for people in your life. Not only because you have Saturn in your house of others, but the people we draw into our lives very often have key chart placements in our seventh house. So when Saturn transits your seventh, they get a Saturn transit to whatever they have in that part of the zodiac. If you have Saturn in the seventh, you get that Saturn transit to your seventh during your Saturn return.

I also have natal Saturn in the seventh, and during the period of my Saturn return, my boyfriend at the time suddenly lost his mother.

Your fish all dying quickly might just be a coincidence. Fish are notoriously hard to keep alive, and highly sensitive to changes in their environment. It's extremely common for them to die soon after being bought. The sudden change in environment might do them in. And, most people who buy pet fish are not experts at caring for them, which often results in doing something wrong without having any idea (they tend to have highly specific needs around their water - how alkaline is is, temperature, mineral content, etc, which most people don't know about). And, fish in pet stores are seldom cared for adequately. Add all those factors together, and you've got a high chance of your fish dying on you. The rest of it, though, does sound like Saturn is up.

Last edited:

CapAquaPis

If a person has a Capricorn DC, but their mother has a Capricorn AC, the two will have a parents-and-children pattern in dire straits and difficult situations together. I with a 17' 33" Cap DC was born with mild or high-functioning autism while my mother with a 1' Cap DC (cusp with Sag) has developed diseases and health problems not related to her aging. Our saturn placements are in Virgo (she was 28 years old when she had me in Feb. 15, 1980 -her b-day is Apr 29, 1951) and Capricorn is the ruling sign of Saturn. And what about placements of Saturn was in the OP's and Osameanor's 7th - does it matter what sign it is?

AquaMoonChild

It was a year before my saturn return when it was in scorpio in the 3rd that I lost my pregnancy at 17wks, got pregnant again, lost my mom then gave birth to my daughter. All within a year. My natal saturn is in sag in the 3rd. I was also at the end of my pluto in 4th house transit and in the beginning to middle of uranus transiting my 8th house and conjuct my north node. My friend died and came back to life after spending her 20s in the hospital constantly getting brain surgery. After they gave her a liver transplant she is in the hospital less. Uranus was conjunct her nn as well in aries. Saturn return happens around 28 to 30 and I don't hear everyone dealing with death but usually big things happen be it divorce, marriage, giving birth, death.

LostinPhilly

I really cannot make this up at this stage.

I was scheduled to have my driving test next week and today, I received an email saying the test is cancelled due to "bereavement".

Something really is up these days.

I'm scared of what's next quite frankly.

Osamenor

Staff member
What's next is probably no more and no less than what's now. You're seeing lots of people experience bereavements. But it's all happening to others instead of you.

I don't think anyone's about to die who wouldn't have anyway, just because you're having your Saturn return in your seventh house. All that means is that you're suddenly finding yourself in the middle of that particular kind of human experience - experiencing death. There's a season for everything. This happens to be your season to experience others losing loved ones, and come to terms with what that means for you.

Edited to add: I'm coming into my second Saturn opposition now. Last year, Saturn crossed my AC, and at my solar return, I had Saturn and Pluto and Mars lined up in my SR seventh house/natal first. The first few months after my solar return, I saw a lot of heavy stuff happening to people around me. A close friend's mother died - on my birthday, in fact - and my brother had a traumatic event a couple of months later, and two older women I'm friends with both had major surgery between 3 and 7 months after my birthday, and one of my aunts died in that same time frame. And just recently, another close friend told me that her sister has stage 4 cancer.

I'd also seen more deaths than usual within the six months before my solar return: two friends, neither of them much older than me, died suddenly, and a cousin of mine who'd been battling cancer for years succumbed to it (not unexpected in the cousin's case, but the deaths of the friends were completely unexpected).

It's probably not just Saturn energy you're dealing with. Saturn is applying conjunction to Pluto now - which is also transiting your seventh - so you're dealing with Pluto energy in the same place. That's something I didn't have going on at my Saturn return.

Last edited:

LostinPhilly

What's next is probably no more and no less than what's now. You're seeing lots of people experience bereavements. But it's all happening to others instead of you.

I don't think anyone's about to die who wouldn't have anyway, just because you're having your Saturn return in your seventh house. All that means is that you're suddenly finding yourself in the middle of that particular kind of human experience - experiencing death. There's a season for everything. This happens to be your season to experience others losing loved ones, and come to terms with what that means for you.

Well, my fear is that it's showing me that someone close to me is to soon pass way. I know life is a circle of seasons, but this is something I've never experienced before.

Osamenor

Staff member
Well, my fear is that it's showing me that someone close to me is to soon pass way. I know life is a circle of seasons, but this is something I've never experienced before.

If anyone close to you does pass away, they were going to anyway. You will have that experience in your lifetime, sooner or later. Yes, it may be coming soon. Or not. But the best thing you can do is work with that fear. Don't try to fight it, and don't try to say it won't happen. Maybe it won't, at least not that soon, but the fear is worse than the actual event.

That's a Saturn kind of lesson right there.

greybeard

I am 77 years old..had a couple Saturn returns and ain't dead yet...though it won't be long now.

Fear. That's the fly in the ointment. It paralyzes.

I'm not in jail, and I'm not the guest of honor at a funeral. I think it must be a good day.

What are you afraid of? Your own death? You won't even notice it, should it come along today.

I am watching a robin sitting on my backyard faucet. She just took a bath and is arranging her feathers. Enjoying life while she has it. What a novel idea.

I will leave you with the words of Roger Miller, that singer of silly songs:

"You can't roller skate in a buffalo herd,
But you can be happy if you've a mind to."

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

I am 77 years old

..had a couple Saturn returns and ain't dead yet
...though it won't be long now.

I'm not in jail, and I'm not the guest of honor at a funeral.

I think it must be a good day.

What are you afraid of?

Your own death?

You won't even notice it, should it come along today.

I am watching a robin sitting on my backyard faucet.
robin-in-song-istock-00002645780.jpg

She just took a bath and is arranging her feathers.
Enjoying life while she has it.

What a novel idea.

Well said :smile:

LostinPhilly

I am 77 years old..had a couple Saturn returns and ain't dead yet...though it won't be long now.

I'm not in jail, and I'm not the guest of honor at a funeral. I think it must be a good day.

What are you afraid of? Your own death? You won't even notice it, should it come along today.

I am watching a robin sitting on my backyard faucet. She just took a bath and is arranging her feathers. Enjoying life while she has it. What a novel idea.

I'm not afraid of my own death. I'm mostly afraid of someone I care about passing away.

LostinPhilly

Edited to add: I'm coming into my second Saturn opposition now. Last year, Saturn crossed my AC, and at my solar return, I had Saturn and Pluto and Mars lined up in my SR seventh house/natal first. The first few months after my solar return, I saw a lot of heavy stuff happening to people around me. A close friend's mother died - on my birthday, in fact - and my brother had a traumatic event a couple of months later, and two older women I'm friends with both had major surgery between 3 and 7 months after my birthday, and one of my aunts died in that same time frame. And just recently, another close friend told me that her sister has stage 4 cancer.

I'd also seen more deaths than usual within the six months before my solar return: two friends, neither of them much older than me, died suddenly, and a cousin of mine who'd been battling cancer for years succumbed to it (not unexpected in the cousin's case, but the deaths of the friends were completely unexpected).

It's probably not just Saturn energy you're dealing with. Saturn is applying conjunction to Pluto now - which is also transiting your seventh - so you're dealing with Pluto energy in the same place. That's something I didn't have going on at my Saturn return.

I have Saturn sextile Pluto at the moment, not sure if it had anything to do with this.

Luckily, today was the only day this week I didn't hear about a death related matter.

JUPITERASC

Hi all,

Something really bizarre has been happening over the past weeks since my Saturn Return kicked off March 20th.

This all started with me buying three pets (fishes) for the first time. They died after a day or so. From that point onwards, I've been constantly anxious (shivers from my head/neck/back all day long which I never experienced before).

Then, I was supposed to have an interview for a job, but the lady kept rescheduling because her husband had some health issues and she needed to be with him.

A week later, I heard someone else from work had a death in the family.

Last week I woke up only to realize my necklace that I've had for many years as protection broke during the night (not sure it has anything to do with anything).

Yesterday, I started thinking of this colleague which had been made redundant a year ago. We haven't been in contact since they left the company, so I checked his LinkedIn last night out of sudden curiosity. Today, I found out he passed way this weekend!

Again, today, I also found out someone else lost their father.

I have Saturn in the 7th and quite frankly, this is very worrying to me. These strange shivers and death news. I'm starting to get scared.

Is death a huge part of the Saturn Return?
Death "is a huge part of" Life :smile:
two sides of the same coin
another perspective on your experience
is
that you are fortunate to
for the past thirty years
not have experienced many "death related matters"

LostinPhilly

Death "is a huge part of" Life :smile:
two sides of the same coin
another perspective on your experience
is
that you are fortunate to
for the past thirty years
not have experienced many "death related matters"

I guess so, but this is why these experiences are frightening me a little.

I'm scared that I am now entering a new phase of my life where deaths will start to happen.

These things ineviatbly happen, but still.

There's another colleague of mine who is undergoing her Saturn Return and she's not experiencing this (probably due to the placement). She has had a series of health issues thus leading to her spending her money on recovery when she was already putting herself into debt for fancy trips and clothes. She's also undergoing issues with her job.

It depends on the placement I guess.

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

I guess so,

but this is why these experiences are frightening me a little.
I'm scared that I am now entering a new phase of my life where deaths will start to happen.
These things ineviatbly happen, but still.
it's unlikely that there were no "death related matters"
during the past thirty years of your life :smile:
for example
pets probably died
or
people at the workplace of various family members died
but no one told you
obviously
deaths have been happening all the time
you have simply not been aware of those deaths

Osamenor

Staff member
I have Saturn sextile Pluto at the moment, not sure if it had anything to do with this.

Not by transit, unless you mean transiting Saturn sextiling your natal Pluto. What I meant was that transiting Saturn is applying conjunction to transiting Pluto, and this is happening right over your natal Saturn.