Prematurely Gray Hair

graay ghost

It's happening. I'm only 24 and I've noticed a lot more gray hairs recently. I'm wondering if it's stress from current events or genetics or if there's just too much Capricorn and Aquarius in my chart. Or maybe there's a tough transit going on that I don't know about, I'm not sure. Are there any configurations that cause this sort of thing?

graay ghost

It might be a stress issue. You mentioned genetics though, is that something that actually runs in your family?

Dad had totally white hair by the time he was about 40. My brother is 30 and has a decent amount of grays, but for some reason they're mostly congregating around one temple and not the other. It looks a little odd.

conspiracy theorist

Dad had totally white hair by the time he was about 40. My brother is 30 and has a decent amount of grays, but for some reason they're mostly congregating around one temple and not the other. It looks a little odd.

Dye it?

So genes are confirmed apart of it. It might also have something to do with your temperament (astrology wise). Melancholy is prone to feeling negative emotions more acutely

Sweet Pea

Something to do with the way you metabolise or store copper which is shown by Venus. Put copper grey hair into google.

Frisiangal

My first grey hairs appeared at the age of 16. Was already in a meaningful long-term teenage relationship even at that age, yet which suddenly ended by mail post a few years later.Transit Saturn conjoined natal 11th house Pluto in Leo.
As they appeared, increasingly more grey hairs were pulled out regularly in the following years, yet I was still basically a brunette
Saturn rules hair, whilst Leo is associated with the mane. Natal Saturn is in Gemini. Its rules natal 5th and (traditional) 6th houses.

When sec. progr. Sun, ruler 12th house, exactly conjoined natal Saturn in 10th my father died. Circumstances brought ex-boyfriend (then beginning his mid-life crisis!), through his instigation, 'back from the dead'. With transits Saturn, Uranus, and Neptune all harshly aspecting my natal Sun, I was totally silver-white within 3 years. We gradually lost touch during my own Uranus opposition.
I have never forgotten the next door's then 4 year old little boy saying
"You're old", and then attempting to rectify it with, "You are not old; your hair is old!":smile:

My silver hair was like a cart horse's tail, thick and unmanageable to me.
Circumstances occured yet again when tr. Saturn's next round conjoined natal Pluto. Finalisation of what ever had been.
The thick white hair became thinner and more manageable.

From a personal point of view, there is no doubt in my mind that Saturn affects 'ageing' of the hair.
Possibly confirming what Sweet Pea wrote; I have Venus semi-square Saturn!

Osamenor

Staff member
Now I'm going to have to start digging into my chart, especially Saturn. My first noticeable gray hairs turned up when I was in my early-mid twenties. My sister also started getting them around that age, maybe late twenties for her. But neither of our parents had any noticeable gray until they were into their forties.

However, my gray hair didn't expand early. In my early forties, I still have the same amount of gray hair as I did 10-12 years ago. Just a couple of patches, but overall, I'm still brown haired.

Saturn rules my ascendant and is the traditional ruler of my second house, placed in the seventh.

wilsontc

Staff member
astrology only, to All

All,

Please only discuss astrology in the astrology section of the AW Forum. If you want to give healthy living advice, go to a health forum.

Back on topic,

Tim