Romantic or Plutonic? THat's the question!

jenluvsblackcat

Hey all,

I've been wondering about one of my older male friends and his feelings for me. I know we are fond of eachother, but I'm wondering if it's a romantic love or a plutonic love that he is feeling for me.
So my official question is... Does my guy pal have romantic feelings for me, or are they more plutonic in nature?

Thanks to all who give it a shot.

jenluvsblackcat

The ascendant is late? Doesn't that mean that it will be unlikely for anything to change? But it is in Gemini...meaning a duality of some sort. I don't know! That's why I'm asking you guys!!!! ;p

freedomlover

Just curious, is he older than you? a father figure or authority figure? an instructor perhaps? I say this because the AC is in Gemini, could be you - a student. And the other is in Sag, sign of the teacher/instructor. Also due to the Capricorn placements.

Also do you mean "Plutonic", as in the unhealthy, obsessive kind? or "Platonic", meaning "just good friends"?

Don't know what, if any, this will answer with the question - could be though. I'm just wondering if it is as it looks to me from the chart.

Hope that made sense. LOL

jenluvsblackcat

OMG....

Haha. This guy was my college professor (SOREhearted...where you be girl?)
And I did mean PLATONIC...opps. But then again, Freudian slip. It is an intense friendship (from my end) that I share with this guy. I know he is fond of me...but in what way? Does he love/like me as a daughter? Or is his mind thinking more of a taboo lover? OOO. I will not be unhappy with either answer...I just want the truth.

Thanks Freedomlover!
J

Wave

Hi,

I think that he has more of a fatherly feelings for you.

Your significator Mercury is in an applying conjunction to Sun (his secondary significator) and both of them are in the sign of Capricorn. Capricorn is ruled by Saturn and in this chart Saturn is retrograde, in Leo and in the 4th house. I do not know about your family background but Saturn (the ruler of Capricorn in the 8th house) is in the house of roots, family (4th)...

His primary significator is Jupiter and it is in an essential dignity - Saggitarius and in the 7th house - I would say he does have some fatherly feelings for you (we can see that from his secondary significator) but he is a college/university professor (if I get it right) and he knows that these feelings should stay hidden and he should not succumb to them.

In this chart Capricorn is in the 8th house - the house of sex - so maybe some sexual relationship has crossed his mind.

I think you should keep you feet on the ground, think of him as someone who does have some fatherly feelings for you, maybe his imagination was running wild from time to time BUT he knows about his position (Jupiter in Saggitarius in the 7th house) and therefore he is not the one who is going to make some move to change this situation. (Mercury is a faster moving planet than Sun - in this relationship you are the one who is more eager to enter this relationship, he is thinking more rationally.)

My advice is think of him as someone who has some fatherly/platonic feelings for you.

Wave.

jenluvsblackcat

hi Wave!

Thanks for interpreting the chart! I thought you would like to know that this older man and I are no longer in a "student/teacher" relationship...in fact, we have been close friends for 2 years outside of school. I don't know if that might change your answer, but it might be beneficial to know. Therefore, he doesn't have the restraint of the school, but maybe more of a personal restraint because he might feel that he would offend me if he did anything to suggest a sexual interest. Just my 2 cents. I still prefer an outside perspective...so thank you!

YAY!
Jen

Wave

Hi,

I might be wrong with my interpretation, I hope someone else will add some few lines to this horary chart also, keep him as a friend and when you will know for sure what his feelings are than "act and do things accordingly"...(Z.N.Hurston)

Wave.

jenluvsblackcat

Update:

As it turns out, I'm leaving my home in about a week to move to another city. So I'm allowing my circle of friends to ask me 'ONE QUESTION' before I go and begin school in another state. I gave this very option to my older male friend. He is still thinking about a question to ask. All of my other friends have asked silly questions...and they didn't take much time to figure out what to ask. I wonder what my older friend has on his mind?

Just thought an update would be nice.

Summery Joy

jenluvsblackcat said:
(SOREhearted...where you be girl?)

Right here, Jen, with a little blast from the past for ya
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2216

When I first got that old question of yours, I didn't have much info about your situation with the guy. Now that I'm much, much more informed, I think I will try to find an answer to your new question based on the old chart when you first decided to ask the question.