Genius Aspects

Maggy

This is my father's chart. He was a walking encyclopedia and became a certified chiropractor in the early 50s when it was a still a black art. During WWII he earned the Silver Star for valor, one level below the Medal of Honor.

I did an internet search re aspects of genius and he met most of the criteria. I miss him.

Feedback appreciated, thank you.

P.S. Didn't have his birth time, so I used 12:00 p.m.

Attachments

• dad.jpg
    dad.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 89

Krewster

Yeah, we don't have our parents' times-of-births....

but if your Dad was born @ noon, his Merc would enjoy one of those 72-144-72 triangles w the Moon and Mars (IQ-indicative).

and anytime of that day his Merc still enjoys the 72 to Mars (superior eye-hand coordination among others).

Maggy

Superior eye-hand coordination, absolutely. His hobby was hand-crafting gun stocks inlaid with mother of pearl. Beautiful work.

Devoured crossword puzzle books well into his 80s. Always licked his finger before turning the page. :)

I'm new to astrology and fascinated. Thank you, Krewster.

StillOne

Very cool chart and story to boot! It's great to see a chart of someone as successful as him. It's cool to see the Quintiles and BiQuintile between some of his personals. :joyful:

Last edited:

Maggy

I'm new to Quintile and Bi-Quintiles. And it's fascinating.

Just reviewed the chart of my former boyfriend, a medical physician, with 4 BQ and and 3 Qs in his chart. 85% was required to pass his boards. So he answers 85% and gets them all right. That's confidence!

Maggy

Yeah, we don't have our parents' times-of-births....

but if your Dad was born @ noon, his Merc would enjoy one of those 72-144-72 triangles w the Moon and Mars (IQ-indicative).

and anytime of that day his Merc still enjoys the 72 to Mars (superior eye-hand coordination among others).

Eye-hand coordination. Forgot to mention that he was an expert marksman. He had a trophy almist as tall as me! What an incredible guy!

Krewster

Seven 5 denominatored aspects...(your ex)....that's in the league of Einstein's chart (if you're just counting personal planet participating aspects)...;)

The single quintile (Merc-Sat in my chart) was what got me started on the minors; discovering it after too many decades of majors-only astrology, it immediately filled a hole in my own astro-self-labeling. Make sure you don't go too wide to "create" more of these beauties than really exist (e.g., 2.24 degrees max, but beyond 1.30 or so, the effect will be diminished).

and then, one step-at-a-time, the other denominators were explored with similar correlative results.

Last edited:

Maggy

Hi Krewster,
Actually, I found those 'beauties' on his Astrodienst chart grid. Don't know his I.Q., but an animated emphatic nurse from the hospital told me he was a gift from God. Shall I post his chart?

Don't feel bad, mine isn't fancy either: 4th Cap Moon bQ Pluto in Leo (11th). 10th Cancer Venus Q Virgo AC.

Why do some astrologers consider these minor aspects?

Maggy

It's been said there's a 'thin line' between genius and insanity. Einstein son was institutionalized with schizophrenia. My X's brother, a physicist, was institutionalized with schizophrenia. He said his brother was smart than him. Makes you wonder how many 'beauties' are in his chart.

I'm new to Quintiles. And there's not much on the internet.

Krewster

Yes, quintile and other minors material on the net tends to use vague words;

thus, requiring more initial, kick-starting motivation to go-it-alone (by observing them in familiars' charts, over-and-over-and-over, until patterns of correlation to behavior/experience become clearer).

but after you get your first couple of "ah-ah" moments (from familiars' charts), the motivation seems self-perpetuating.

thelivingsky

It's been said there's a 'thin line' between genius and insanity.

This has been proven to be a myth if you measure genius by traditional IQ. However there certainly are many kinds of intelligence or genius that would not be measured on those scales. I read the research that shows no correlation between very high IQ and psychiatric disorders when I did my masters Degree in Education of the Gifted and Talented. Ther is so much variation in what one considers "genius" I think it's very hard to isolate just a few indicators. Someone could have a very high IQ but a poor memory for details and facts. Someone else might have just an above average IQ but a great memory which would impress many people. I tend to see genius as someone who is smart but also inventive. Sometimes genius manifests as result of a passion and talent for just one discipline, yet other times the person is more of a "big-picture" thinker and sees connections between apparently disparate disciplines.

I love this quote : "Fools ignore complexity. Pragmatists suffer it. Some can avoid it. Geniuses remove it." (Alan Perlis, Epigrams in Programming.) yet here i am trying to be an astrologer which is a discipline of intense complexity!

I have seen that Jupiter conjunct or in aspect to Uranus gives significant gifts and talents and in air or fire or cadent houses would often manifest as intellectual talents. Mercury added to the complex by aspect would enhance it. I knew someone with that conjunction in Cancer on his ASC and he is a amazing, talented salesperson. Mercury well aspected by more than one outer planet . Galilleo's mercury is in tight aspect to almost everything in his chart.

But i have seen a great variety in charts of really smart and talented people.

Musical talent shows up usually with Jupiter in flowing aspect to the Moon. Mozart has Moon conj. Pluto sextile Jupiter

Osamenor

Staff member
I notice that your dad's chart has a locomotive pattern--the planets spread out among several continuous signs with the majority of signs and houses occupied by at least one planet. Chart patterns in which the planets are well scattered through signs and houses tend to indicate a person with lots of different interests, the kind who likes having their fingers in multiple pies, who tends to know a lot about lots of different things. That's one possible definition of a genius.

I would also think that a strong Uranian signature would be included in the genius picture somehow. Since we don't have your father's birth time, that might be a detail missing from this picture. If the accurate birth time put Uranus on, say, his AC or MC, that would be a strong Uranian signature.

1magu1t1on_13

funny you should describe him as a "walking encyclopedia", that's an apt result of having mars quintile to mercury if i ever heard one.

mars=walking/encyclopedia=mercury

cool

edit: actually, your father has a Quintilian triangle between Mercury, the Moon and Mars, which is fairly uncommon especially when between the personal planets in a natal chart. my best friend who passed had this same aspect-pattern, and he was single-handedly the most intelligent, yet aloof person i have ever known...

Last edited: