Is he attracted to me?

misskitty

Ok, my hats off to you guys who have gotten so good at horary. This is by far the most difficult thing I've had to learn in astrology! I will give it another shot.

Ok, there is a guy at work who I am attracted to, but the attraction is a bit mysterious to me because he is not my usual type! But I am attracted nevertheless. We hung out a few days ago, and I found out that he is a good kisser. :) I can't really tell what his feelings for me are, though. I am coming out of a relationship where I was very heartbroken, so he may be apprehensive. I am too!

I used him as the 5th house because I am not ready for anything serious, and really I am just ecstatic knowing I can be attracted to someone after getting my heart stomped on. LOL So I am interested, but not for anything serious at this point. The question I asked was "Is he attracted to me as much as I am attracted to him?"

So I am the Moon, and I ALWAYS get confused when a significator is the Moon because I thought the Moon was supposed to be events. Either way, I am the Moon on the cusp of his 3rd house, going into the 4th. The Moon is conjunct Mars and applying, correct? If I am going into his 4th, does this mean he is interested in something more serious?

He is in my 8th house of sex. :D Also, the PoF is in my 12th. Does this reflect the mysterious quality of the attraction for me?

Saturn is applying an aspect to Mars (or vice-versa I guess). So does this mean that even if he is attracted, he will put on the brakes because he is leery of me (knowing I am just coming out of heartbreak). Or is this aspect to saturn a good thing?

That is the most I have been able to get from the chart, as I am still struggling with the idea of mutual reception and dignities. But am I on the right track elsewhere?

Isheattracted.gif

Last edited:

FleetingDasein

I think you should use the 7th house for this. 5th house is seldom used fo these kind of questions. I would look at the Moon and Saturn.

You are the Moon in Aquarius, Saturn's domicile. I think he likes you very much.

The moon is applying to Mars, the significator for younger men. Moon is also applying to Mercury, the ruler of Virgo. Saturn is in Virgo. You might tell him how you feel.

I'm thinking someone more experienced has to provide a better interpretation.

I still think he does like you.

Last edited:

misskitty

Olivia said:
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that while the snogging might have given you back some of your confidence, and will help you feel like a desirable woman again (Venus), you're likely to find someone rather more interesting than this bloke in the near future (Jupiter).

Thank you for clearing up some of the receptions for me! I am hoping this will click one day.

As for this guy, I have an instinct that you are right. I don't have that fated feeling like he is "the one" or anything, but I do have fun with him. As for him not being that into me, it relieves my mind a little bit because I certainly don't want to hurt anyone! As long as it is mutual admiration, then that is great. I am patiently waiting to get over the heartbreak I felt from the Virgo. The meeting someone in the future that is more interesting peaks my curiosity, because I visited a tarot card reader recently and she said the same thing!

FleetingDasein said:
You are the Moon in Aquarius, Saturn's domicile. I think he likes you very much.

I will be happy if that is true, because I think what the chart says is that we have a mutual liking for each other but it won't be anything heavy or serious and it again looks like that is a mutual thing.

Last edited:

misskitty

I see that lots of people have peeked in on my thread, so since this Pisces is a little hard for me to read, I would appreciate any other views on what this horary might indicate! I have two possiblities from above... he's not as into me as I am him, or he really likes me. :confused:

Olivia is right though, he has done some good already! :p

misskitty

I always promise to do updates when you guys help me with a horary, and I have an update for this one!

I found out that he is indeed attracted to me as much as I am attracted to him. We have become a sort of friends-with-benefits. :p That part of the relationship is going extraordinarily well. As for the romantic side, I have no idea where that is headed. But I am having fun for now and I am sure it is mutual. :) I'm pretty sure he just wants to take things very slow as well, and since we both just came out of serious relationships that is the perfect arrangement.

Thanks guys!

wintersprite1

Premium Member
With the Moon (your sig) in the 8th house.... his turned 2nd.... I would really stress to keep an eye on your pocketbook. This could turn out costly for you.

Here is to hoping it was all prejitters and anxiety instead,
TK

misskitty

Thank you wintersprite, I will. I have been warned that because trNeptune is just leaving my 7th (where I was hurt badly) and now conj my natal Mars in the 8th, that I have to be especially careful of new relationships.I am defintely heading into it with my eyes open. It is actually a little difficult to get to know each other on a deep level right now because I think we are both leery of getting hurt. But we do enjoy each others company and that is all it's about right now. The sexual relationship has a healing feeling to it right now. It's wierd.

I defintely don't have any extra money to give him anyway, I'm a starving student. :)

Is it possible that the 8th/2nd house represents my reticence and illuminates possible issues of self-worth with him? Saturn is conjunct his Moon natally, and from what I understand that can create self-doubt, especially in new situations.

Last edited:

barbh

Account Closed

I think its the other way around. Moon in Aquarius means the querent is in the rulership and the triplicity of Saturn, the dude. She really, really likes the dude. How does he feel about her? Saturn is not in any of the dignities of the moon. Zilcho. Which I do not understand because misskitty has said that he said that he's into her. Head scratcher.

What's the dude about? He's in the rulership and exaltation of Mercury. He is all about Mercury. Who or what is Mercury? Its posited in his 2nd house...rules his 6th and his 9th. I don't know. Money maybe. Or another woman. You yourself are in the terms of Mercury, so Mercury does have some power in this situation. Mercury does rule your 12th house, and the part of fortune is there. Something or someone that is hidden from you.
He is Saturn retro in the 3rd house. Very weak position for him. Not a lot to offer, as misskitty was saying. Misskitty herself is in the angst-ridden 8th house. All the planets are in the 8th house. I don't like that particular placement. The 8th is the house of loss. Which makes sense since misskitty is not over the grief of her last love.

If we wanted to use Venus as your co-ruler here (aka Frawley), then Saturn is only in the face, and the fall of Venus. Not so hot. That says he is barely tolerating you. Venus also rules his 5th of sex, so could be he just likes the sex part of it all.:D The ruler of his sex house, Venus, is in the rulership of your sex house, Mars. So, he likes your sex, but not necessarily you. Mars, the ruler of your sex house, is in the rulership of Saturn, him. You like him as much or more than the sex with him.
I'd say be careful. Check out the Sabian symbol for the Moon

10 Aquarius: A popularity that proves ephemeral.

That pretty much answers the question doesn't it?
He's just not that into you, despite his protestations that he is. He is into the sex though obviously. (well duh)

barbh :)

Last edited:

misskitty

Well, I'll be honest with you barb, I have kept a lot of emotional distance from him since I don't know what his real feelings are. I do have a fear that he is only in it for the sex, but then... so am I sort of. :p

I do like him a lot (as the chart shows), but I am wary because we are extremely physical with each other and he doesn't really ask me probing questions to get at who I really am, and doesn't really like to give away too much about himself either. He is a Pisces. I am trying to figure out if it's just the way he is, or if he just doesn't want to get too close too soon, or if as you said- he's just not that into me! I don't know at this point.

When you say barely tolerating me, do you mean I annoy him? I would be mortified if that were the case.

I guess I should just come right out and ask him what this is all about next time we get together. It is a dangerous emotional position for me because I am still grieving, as you said. That transiting Neptune can be a real %*$&, it's just finishing with my 7th house. I just don't think I have the strength for romance right now. :( I was hurt pretty badly this last time. I was thinking that we were both just having fun, but it is not that way if he is barely "tolerating" me as a person. As I said, I would be mortified to find that out. :(

One more question... if we use Venus as my co-ruler, and I am in his turned 4th house, then I was previously thinking that was a good sign that it was about a little more than sex. I thought it at least meant he felt 'at home' with me?

Last edited:

rogue_red

Hey there, the 4th house in horary usually signifies the end of the matter. This could mean that the situation will not progress beyond what it is.
Please be careful sweety.

rogue

misskitty

Okay. I was hoping after a year of getting hurt in relationships that this one would just be about fun, but it doesn't sound like that is going to be the case. :( I will keep my eyes open and let you guys know when any of this stuff manifests.

misskitty

>>Its posited in his 2nd house...rules his 6th and his 9th. I don't know. Money maybe. Or another woman. You yourself are in the terms of Mercury, so Mercury does have some power in this situation. <<

Okay guys, bear with me here please! I have been going over this chart trying to understand it because I really do want to believe in horary, but this one is just not making any sense.

Alright... the question I asked was "is he attracted to me?" It should show a 'yes' to my question, even if the outcome of the realtionship doesn't look so good (due to the Moon condition, the nodes, etc). The relationship went physical shortly after I asked this question. Whether he has any deep feelings or not isn't as relevant to my original question, what is relevant is that the guy can't keep his hands off me when we are together (and that is mutual). ;) So I am just really scratching my head at why this doesn't reflect in the chart.

But the chart should have shown that he is attracted because even in worse case scenario that he is using me (something I am still closely watching out for) he is still physically attracted.

I am back to thinking that due to the nature of the question I should have stuck with using the 5th house since I wasn't asking about anything long-term. I had seen this done on other sites. Is this not correct?

Sorry to revist this, but I'm using this to try to understand horary a little better. I would appreciate it if anyone could shed light! It seems like this chart is completely off and I am confused.

Last edited:

Serendipity

This goes back to my question in horary technique.....here's a case where the quesited is applying to the Ascendant. How would this affect the reading?

misskitty

thank you both for pointing out the Asc sextile, I knew there had to be something in the chart that showed the attraction. Although still conflicted about even using him as the 7th. I can accept the negative reading for the outcome (and promise to be cautious!) but I'd had proof that he was at least attracted. :p

misskitty

I know absolutely nothing about almutens so I am going to have to do some research, but thanks so much for posting this. There is still so much I have yet to learn about horary, I never imagined it would be so complex! :)

Last edited:

barbh

Account Closed
But the chart should have shown that he is attracted because even in worse case scenario that he is using me (something I am still closely watching out for) he is still physically attracted.

If we use the Sun as his co ruler and Venus as yours, he is definitely greatly attracted to you physically. Venus and the Sun (aka frawley) can be used to rule the physical animal side of the man or woman....not to be confused with their true significators though. Because the Sun, his animal side, is in the exaltation of Venus, your animal side, he's attracted to you...he definitely wants to play with your toys! Venus in Aries is in the exaltation of the Sun...you are greatly attracted to him physically too! Because his true significator and yours do not have good reception...its saying he's attracted to you physically, and vice versa, but that's it!

barbh:)

misskitty

Got it! That makes sense, thanks barb. :)

On a side note, it is baffling to me that two people with this much chemistry and good synastry will not connect mentally as well, but that is a post for the relationship board. :p

misskitty

barbh said:
Because the Sun, his animal side, is in the exaltation of Venus, your animal side, he's attracted to you...he definitely wants to play with your toys! Venus in Aries is in the exaltation of the Sun...you are greatly attracted to him physically too! Because his true significator and yours do not have good reception...its saying he's attracted to you physically, and vice versa, but that's it!

barbh:)

Barbh, you have no idea how right you were!! You hit the nail on the head on this one.

It has come to light in the past week or so that he has some pretty serious committment and intimacy issues. Issues that I do not have the time nor energy to invest. BUT we still get along great physically, and I see no reason not to keep him as a friend even though I know this relationship more than likely will never get off of the ground. He is not my Mr. Right, but he can be Mr. Right Now. :p

Olivia, or anyone else who can answer, in your post (I think it has since been deleted) you said that the condition of Jupiter means that I will meet someone more interesting. I was curious about the time frame. It looks like my significator is 2 degrees away from conjuncting Jupiter, and since it is happening in the 8th house then I can project the time frame to mean possibly in the next couple of months? I am still attempting to understand horary, but I am not sure I will ever have anything but a superficial understanding. It just doesn't seem to be clicking. :confused: Am I picking up on what you saw?

On another note, it is good that this won't be serious and may just be about fun. I still have a lot of personal growth to do before I will be ready to have a serious relationship again. So I feel good about it!

Last edited: