Nakshatras-- Ashlesha

Lykanized

Has anyone here engaged with the concept of nakshatras? It's a vedic concept and as such is quite ruthless and won't sugarcoat. I haven't heard the word thrown around AstroC, which is curious to me

So far I've only delved into applying it to my tropical chart which I do understand could be considered sacrilegious, but my natal sun nakshatra is Ashlesha, a nakshatra I've been researching and find a strong connection to. Represented by the naga or the serpent, it's known to be calculated and driven by polarities. The Ashlesha person may either be one of light, or of darkness. Of enlightenment, or of projection and bad karma. It's associated with kundalini, strongly spiritual. Ruled by Mercury, this would make me a Cancerian with extreme Mercurial energy which makes a lot of sense for me

In a meditation not too long ago, an image of a large cobra came to me and I understood this was a symbol of spiritual projection of sort for me and something for me to 'wear' spiritually, which I do if I'm planning on engaging in particular rituals that demand it. Learning I was an Ashlesha native was actually quite an aha moment for me because it's a very intense nakshatra and I've had my dealing with darkness and light with the necessity of very consciously choosing the path of light and enlightenment. There's a sexuality to the sign as well and an energy of being coiled and presumably ready to attack in a calculated fashion when necessary. These are traits I have in my own self when faced with the need for self protection

Still, I understand I don't grasp vedic astrology. I'm an astrology novice as it is and one who has dabbled across the disciplines. I will admit i'm fully comfortable taking concepts that resonate with me and fitting them into different frameworks such as using nakshatras with tropical astrology, but I also do know and understand that would invite some criticism from others

Does anyone far more well acquainted with Vedic have any insight into Ashlesha that may be beneficial for me to know as an Ashlesha sun?

Thirdteenth

Has anyone here engaged with the concept of nakshatras? It's a vedic concept and as such is quite ruthless and won't sugarcoat. I haven't heard the word thrown around AstroC, which is curious to me

So far I've only delved into applying it to my tropical chart which I do understand could be considered sacrilegious, but my natal sun nakshatra is Ashlesha, a nakshatra I've been researching and find a strong connection to. Represented by the naga or the serpent, it's known to be calculated and driven by polarities. The Ashlesha person may either be one of light, or of darkness. Of enlightenment, or of projection and bad karma. It's associated with kundalini, strongly spiritual. Ruled by Mercury, this would make me a Cancerian with extreme Mercurial energy which makes a lot of sense for me

In a meditation not too long ago, an image of a large cobra came to me and I understood this was a symbol of spiritual projection of sort for me and something for me to 'wear' spiritually, which I do if I'm planning on engaging in particular rituals that demand it. Learning I was an Ashlesha native was actually quite an aha moment for me because it's a very intense nakshatra and I've had my dealing with darkness and light with the necessity of very consciously choosing the path of light and enlightenment. There's a sexuality to the sign as well and an energy of being coiled and presumably ready to attack in a calculated fashion when necessary. These are traits I have in my own self when faced with the need for self protection

Still, I understand I don't grasp vedic astrology. I'm an astrology novice as it is and one who has dabbled across the disciplines. I will admit i'm fully comfortable taking concepts that resonate with me and fitting them into different frameworks such as using nakshatras with tropical astrology, but I also do know and understand that would invite some criticism from others

Does anyone far more well acquainted with Vedic have any insight into Ashlesha that may be beneficial for me to know as an Ashlesha sun?

Hello Lykanized :joyful: The Nakshatras is a fascinating study I must say that comes from Vedic Astrology. I find it to be really accurate, the Nakshatra part of it for sure. There is YouTuber that goes by the name Claire Nakti, and she’s covered the sign of Ashlesha and fairly got in-depth on the people of this Nakshatra. She demonstrated this in a really stimulating way. Here’s a direct link to the Ashlesha video, if you were interested: https://youtu.be/HMO2a3tN1W8

bluerosepetals

I have my Mars in Ashlesha and opposite Mercury, and I can partially relate to what you're saying, although those traits come up in me when angered. I can be ruthless when I'm angry... vengeful and calculated as well, which is not my usual behavior per say. What is your Lunar Nakshatra and Asc Nakshatra? Those two are also important to get the full picture, especially Lunar Nakshatra.

Ashlesha usually gets a lot of slack... but I would recommend you to check out Kapiel's videos about Ashlesha on Youtube, it sounds less... fatalistic?