What career for me?

bere bastianini

Hello, I would like you to see my map and say if it's possible for me to become a surgeon. At first, you have to excuse my lack of hability with english language.

As you can see my aries it's almost nonexistant, and my mars in 4th and in cancer it's a problem (which makes sextile with moon at first in taurus). Now, you can see the aspects of 7th house and my MC and NN (sagittarius), but I work with law and it's really not for me. My pluto at 8th in scorpio makes sextile with my sun, mercury (almost at 6th), jupiter (all in 7th and virgo) and neptune (in 11th) - with pisces rising. My chiron is in 6th in leo. my part of fortune in 7th at scorpio.

I searched and discover that I would fit in psychology, psychiatric (with a adore but I think I have to have a powerfull understand of life to help people's mind), but the trill of work in a o.r., be in charge of someone life, and be able to cure and help with my bare hands it's 100% love.

please help me understand all those aspects, or some how find another career, or specialty.

all my love to you,
Bere.

Attachments

• map.jpg
    map.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 54

Osamenor

Staff member
Re: Can I be a surgeon?

If you want a particular career, it's not incompatible with your birth chart. If it were, you wouldn't even dream of it.

Chiron in the sixth does suggest healer as a vocation. That could be a doctor, a nurse, a psychologist, a paramedic, a dentist, a massage therapist, an acupuncturist.... or a surgeon. Or anything in medical or healing arts. Chiron in myth was the original surgeon. The word "surgeon" is derived from his name. Alternatively, Chiron in the sixth could indicate significant health problems of your own, although you would know for yourself if that's the case. (And if you do have chronic health problems, that might be one reason you want to heal others.)

Cookbook astrology, particularly working from a traditional perspective, might say you need Aries highlighted and/or a "good" Mars placement to be a surgeon. Cancer is the sign of detriment for Mars, so Mars in Cancer is considered weaker. However, that in itself doesn't mean you can't be a surgeon. Your Mars is angular, being in the fourth house, which makes its energy easily accessible to you, and Mars in Cancer channels the "cut and slice" energy of Mars into healing. Venus in Libra (sign of its domicile) also suggests a healer: someone who wants to create more harmony.

Traditionally, Mars and Mercury are co-significators of physicians. Your Mercury has a great placement: domiciled, right on your DC, making it even more angular than Mars, and while it's cazimi (in the center of the sun), that could be a strengthening factor. Cazimi means "in the lap of the king." A cazimi planet is, in a sense, the power behind the throne of your chart. Do you have very steady hands? Good hand/eye coordination? Surgeons need that, and Mercury rules the hands.

And here's one more ace to turn over: your Mars is conjunct your south node--wide orb and out of sign, but close enough to tell us this is a karmic desire for you. A planet on your south node is suggestive of who/what you might have been in your past life(s) (if you believe in them). Mars could mean a surgeon. Cancer adds to the suggestion that the previous version of you was some kind of healer, and the Gemini placement of your south node suggests that you did something with your hands (Gemini rules hands).

That doesn't necessarily mean you should or need to become a surgeon in this lifetime, but does suggest where that desire might be coming from. Did you perhaps, in a previous life if not this one, know the thrill of being in charge of someone's life and able to save it with your bare hands?

Your south node ruler (Mercury) and your north node ruler (Jupiter) are conjunct. That tells us that this lifetime is a continuation for you, not a time to drastically change your path from previous. Again, that doesn't necessarily mean you would need the same kind of career as before, but if you had the same kind of career, it wouldn't be detrimental to your self development. And they're conjunct in Mercury's sign, not Jupiter's, which even more strongly indicates continuation.

But, the real answer to your question--"can I be a surgeon?"--depends on how easy it would be for you to retrain. I don't know where in the world you live or what the requirements are in your country... if you were American, I would suggest trying something like EMT training (EMT is the first step to being a paramedic here), joining a volunteer fire department, and/or a search and rescue team. That would give you a sense of how well you handle medical crises and the kind of pressures that surgeons would face. If you still want to be a surgeon after that, then go for it.

In some countries, though, once you've trained for a career, training for an entirely different one can be impossible or very difficult. Which is it in yours? Are there any options where you live that would be similar to what I suggested--search and rescue, paramedic training, that kind of thing?

ElenaJ

Yes, you could be a good surgeon, or do well in the medical field in general. The sun/mercury/jupiter conjunction also gives you a good mind, careful about details and also wanting to help others. There are lots of choices in medicine, not just surgery. As Osamenor says it depends on where you live and lots of other factors, for the schooling you can have. But definitely look into it.

bere bastianini

Thank you so much you guys, you don't how refreashing it is to read those words. it's really nice to start conversation with people who really understand astrology and not just see the aspects in separation of the map. (as it happened when I made a consultation).

Here in Brazil the process to become a doctor and a surgeon it's quite different, at first they don't analise your grades, you only make two tests to enter university, if you score you get in, if don't you can study and try again next year. So you enter specifically in medicine university for 6 years, and than you make another test (now they analise your grades and other things) and you make the residency, for general surgery for instance is 2 years, neurosurgery 5 years.

It's not impossible to enter, now that I understand a bit more of my debt and map I am very enthusiastic.

special thank to osamenor. you see, I have dreamed that I was perfoming a abortation but in my head was against the mother's will, it was so vivid, made me feel so self-conscious. I feel so guilty till now days.

so yes, I believe I have a really big karma to pay.

yes I have good hand/eye coordination, since a was little. I am doing a massage theraphy course, to really emerge into this world, and to face my limitations as I don't like when people touch me, and I am gonna say: I am a bit reserved to touch others.

Also, I don't know if it's karma but I constantly hurt my hand:, was burned, sewed, almost broke.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

Osamenor

Staff member

Also, I don't know if it's karma but I constantly hurt my hand:, was burned, sewed, almost broke.

Could be that, or it could be that you have such a strong Mercury and it's with your sun and your traditional chart ruler--which makes Mercury rather like a chart ruler in itself. Mercury rules the hands. So, if you have problems with your body--injury, illness--they have a good chance of showing up in an area ruled by Mercury.

It's also likely, with such a strong Mercury chart, that you're someone who uses your hands a lot. Everyone uses their hands, of course, but some people use them extra. That right there puts them at risk of injury. Accidents happen when you're doing something. If you're handling sharp tools and hot things, of course you'll get cuts and burns on your hands sooner or later.

You also have an angular Mars. That makes things like cuts and burns especially likely when Mars is transiting a crucial point in your chart. Combine that angular Mercury with an angular Mars, and you cut or burn your hand.

bere bastianini

osamar, using a little bit more of your knowledge, does pluto in 8th in sextil with mercury has an effect? or with the sun? I saw it represents something obscure, linked to death. can you explain a bit of that?
thanks. bere

Osamenor

Staff member

osamar, using a little bit more of your knowledge, does pluto in 8th in sextil with mercury has an effect? or with the sun? I saw it represents something obscure, linked to death. can you explain a bit of that?
thanks. bere

Everything in the chart has an effect, sooner or later, but "death" meanings don't always apply. Everyone has a few chart placements that can be linked to death, but you can only die once. Most of the time, if those planets are up, it's some other meaning that's playing out in your life. Since this thread is about a career question, death isn't relevant--unless you want to be a mortician!

bere bastianini

Help! law, medicine, music?

I already made a post asking if I had the bless from stars to be a surgeon. The truth is that I don't have any idea what to do with my life.

I work with law and have a good sense of justice, although surgeon cross my mind time to time, but sometimes I just wanna deep in on music, just create and listen.

Can you please read my map and help me!!!!!!! I beg of you.
If you have any idea, what it suits more I would take it.

kisses

excuse my english.

Attachments

• map.jpg
    map.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 30

Lottowinner3883

Chart lord neptune conjunct Uranus (technology).
Chart lord jupiter (publication) in 7th conjunct descendant along with sun (authority/spotlight) and mercury (communications).
Pluto in the 8th.
Emphasis on earth signs. Ever thought about business infotainment/TV show host? You could start your own Youtube channel talking about business news with special guests.