Using midpoints to predict relationship problems (or happiness)

Tryalchemy

Hi, i've been studying midpoints and I have various books on interpretation (Ebertin). I use midpoints to try and see when there might be problems in my relationship based on my partners planet hitting an exact midpoint of mine and vice versa. I was just wondering in terms of prediction with midpoints, if, for example, his Venus= my Moon/Mars, would I interpret this as the positive description for the midpoint combination since Venus is generally a harmonious influence? And for example, if his Saturn = my Moon/Neptune, would I interpret this as the negative description for such combination, since Saturn would cause separations or limitations and generally would signify more negative events to occur? Basically, Venus, Jupiter, Moon, Sun hitting any midpoints would be predicted as the positive planetary description and Mars, Saturn being the negative description. Last, would Uranus, Neptune, and Pluto likely contibute to a mixed outcome in prediction? Such as it could manifest either good or bad?

Thank you so much in advance!

katydid

Those are good questions.

I love midpoints. They blow my mind because of their complexity and their purity of truth.

Let's take your first example:

if, for example, his Venus= my Moon/Mars, would I interpret this as the positive description for the midpoint combination since Venus is generally a harmonious influence ?

Moon/Mars= Venus

I think the answer to your question depends upon the aspects being made and the signs they are placed in.

Let's say his Moon/Mars is an opposition. Moon in Cap opposed Mars in Cancer.

If your Venus was at the midpoint in Aries, then it might not feel like it was a generally harmonious experience.

Your Venus would feel the emotional turbulence of his internal struggle and there might be a push/pull effect within the relationship.

So even though the Venus is a harmonious energy. it might not be able to over ride a stressful aspect between Moon/Mars.

But take that same triad, Moon/Mars=Venus, with Venus at the midpoint of a Moon/Mars trine, and it would be very harmonious and create a positive flow.:love:

So you need to take into account how the midpoint is formed.

Totally different energy if the Moon/Mars is conjunct and the Venus is in the middle. That may create a stressful situation and cause anxiety and conflict not harmony. :bandit:

Depending upon house. sign and other aspects of course.

katydid

"And for example, if his Saturn = my Moon/Neptune, would I interpret this as the negative description for such combination, since Saturn would cause separations or limitations and generally would signify more negative events to occur?"

Moon/Neptune=Saturn

Again, much depends upon the aspects/signs and houses.

Let's say that you have Moon conjunct Neptune in the 12th in Sag.

If his Saturn was wedged between your tight Moon/Neptune conjunction, that might be a good thing for you.

He might become a grounding influence and help you focus and be more realistic.

But maybe you have Moon in Virgo square Neptune in Sag. And his Saturn semi squares both from the 3rd house. It might become an annoyance and an aggravating influence and you might have trouble communicating with each other.

You may even resort to keeping secrets or telling little lies to try and keep the peace?

ElenaJ

Katydid, those are very good points. I've started studying midpoint too and their influence, and your point about where the planets are, and in what aspect, is very helpful. A midpoint can be formed from a negative aspect or from a positive one. I hadn't been considering that. Thanks

Tryalchemy

Oh man, I did that for a few of them and it left me even more baffled! I have such a difficult time with midpoints due to the variables involved. I have a couple of random midpoint books and they all seem to be vastly different in analysis except for when it
comes to various "sickness" points.

Whats even more complicated in using them in synastry is the whole "personal" interaction between two charts. For example, my relationship is wonderfully harmonious and love-oriented when Saturn or Pluto are involved in the 5th and 7th! Especially Saturn with Venus! It's ridiculous almost, because the second the sun and venus get together or make a lovely trine, the most horrific energy comes between he and I!

I have been keeping tabs on whether my predictive interpretations have been accurate and i've noticed that the negative ones don't seem to manifest as badly as I anticipate. Perhaps I subconsciously prepare for the worst (being the type who must know everything in advance haha).

I wish there was more usage of midpoints in synastry, we would all benefit from testing different methods and seeing what patterns occur!

love-thinking

Hi, i've been studying midpoints and I have various books on interpretation (Ebertin). I use midpoints to try and see when there might be problems in my relationship based on my partners planet hitting an exact midpoint of mine and vice versa. I was just wondering in terms of prediction with midpoints, if, for example, his Venus= my Moon/Mars, would I interpret this as the positive description for the midpoint combination since Venus is generally a harmonious influence? And for example, if his Saturn = my Moon/Neptune, would I interpret this as the negative description for such combination, since Saturn would cause separations or limitations and generally would signify more negative events to occur? Basically, Venus, Jupiter, Moon, Sun hitting any midpoints would be predicted as the positive planetary description and Mars, Saturn being the negative description. Last, would Uranus, Neptune, and Pluto likely contibute to a mixed outcome in prediction? Such as it could manifest either good or bad?

Thank you so much in advance!

I'll give you some insight on neptune as I have personal experience. Recently, my ex returned. Neptune is transiting my sun/moon midpoint in pisces, conjunct saturn which is also there, my natal moon is also progressed there right now.

Pluto is also conjunct through transit my natal mars(also my 7th house ruler). My mars and venus is also conjunct through progression.

I don't know who he is. I think he may be married with a company which he is hiding from me. (for more than one reason). He won't add me on any social media, and also thinks of me as a person I'm extremely different from.
I had pined for him and had not been in a relationship for two years and he returned to wine about some BS about him thinking I cheated and how now he has trust issues.

I didn't cheat, I merely gave the impression I might cheat if he didn't stop making me feel insecure and clearly that didn't work out for me. Anyways the point is we don't know one another even though we are deeply attached and I may even say he's the single person I've been most intimate with since my mother's womb so(don't know about him). I find out something he hides everyday so.

Other than that, I seem to only attract men with spouses, or men seem to be interested in me only when they have girlfriends. It's as if dirty little secret is what I'm meant to play. Even with this man I love, I simply feel like he wants to use me and reap the benefits of being a "friend." So that's neptune for you, deception, confusion, projection and personas that are made, not real, codependency, mistresses and a ****** up version of unconditional love.