Why Can't I Be Consistent?!

surrealsuburb123

I've just been having a lot of trouble focusing on things. I've started to lose my willpower and I don't feel like the person I should be or was. I guess I've just been tired? I mean, there has been a tendency of lethargy with me... but it's so frustrating. :confused: :unsure:

I natally have a Mars in Taurus and I believe that played a prominent figure in earlier years. I had so much willpower, and even though I was slow, I got things down with my own intense focus. But where has it all gone now? These past few years have been difficult for me. In school I used to get straight A's all year, but now, even though I'm among the top of my class, I still have few of those dreaded B's. :annoyed: It's just because the lack of effort, I figure.

I've been spending way too much time planning, dreaming, and thinking of the future while I have not been doing what I should be doing to get to the future. I'm in my freshman year of high school, but I feel that college is not far away at all.

I've noticed that I've been having emotional fickleness. It's like a pattern! If the beginning of my day is awful, then sometime later something good will happen or I just end up shifting into pure joy (and vice versa). I'm not sure how to live in the Now.

Although, this quote resonates well with me:

"If you are depressed, you are living in the past.
If you are anxious, you are living in the future.
If you are at peace, you are living in the present."

Perhaps it's just a matter of patience?

But anyway....

I'm wondering if this is due to natal placements or certain progressions or transits?

I've attached my Progressed Chart, My Natal Chart, and my Transits Chart.

Thank you for reading. :smile:

Surreal

Attachments

• Progressed Chart.jpg
    Progressed Chart.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 59
  • natal c.jpg
    natal c.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 41
  • Transits.jpg
    Transits.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 36

Moog

It's a Saturn thing. Your Saturn has no capacity to exert itself.

Saturn is the planet that helps us 'stick with it'.

For one thing, it's highly combust. Perhaps the core issue with a lack of consistency is a lack of confidence, in either your ability to be consistent (which you consciously recognise), or the results to be attained through it.

I have a similarly troubled Saturn. I'm always drifting off focus, and losing sight of my targets.

I have a theory that consciousness of our issues can help us correct them. A deep understanding of the function of the planet can help one develop a systematised solution, a kind of consciousness prosthesis.

'Raising' consciousness is the core of meditation practices, and it is known by the sages, and now the scientists, that meditation can alleviate and even cure many ills.

I'll leave the emotional component, since my time is limited.

Vista

Hello,
Your birth time of 3:00am, is this a guesstimate? It appears to be an approximation that was rounded off. Most people aren't born exactly on the hour. What you are explaining doesn't seem to match with the transits. In other words, I am not seeing an apparent reason for the vacillation of your emotions and energies which leads me to believe this is not the correct birth time. It makes all the difference in the world to be accurate with the time as it can completely change your rising sign and the planetary placement inside the house all of which would have a completely different interpretation.

I've just been having a lot of trouble focusing on things. I've started to lose my willpower and I don't feel like the person I should be or was. I guess I've just been tired? I mean, there has been a tendency of lethargy with me... but it's so frustrating. :confused: :unsure:

I natally have a Mars in Taurus and I believe that played a prominent figure in earlier years. I had so much willpower, and even though I was slow, I got things down with my own intense focus. But where has it all gone now? These past few years have been difficult for me. In school I used to get straight A's all year, but now, even though I'm among the top of my class, I still have few of those dreaded B's. :annoyed: It's just because the lack of effort, I figure.

I've been spending way too much time planning, dreaming, and thinking of the future while I have not been doing what I should be doing to get to the future. I'm in my freshman year of high school, but I feel that college is not far away at all.

I've noticed that I've been having emotional fickleness. It's like a pattern! If the beginning of my day is awful, then sometime later something good will happen or I just end up shifting into pure joy (and vice versa). I'm not sure how to live in the Now.

Although, this quote resonates well with me:

"If you are depressed, you are living in the past.
If you are anxious, you are living in the future.
If you are at peace, you are living in the present."

Perhaps it's just a matter of patience?

But anyway....

I'm wondering if this is due to natal placements or certain progressions or transits?

I've attached my Progressed Chart, My Natal Chart, and my Transits Chart.

Thank you for reading. :smile:

Surreal

wilsontc

Staff member
Neptune, to surreal

surreal,

You said:
I've just been having a lot of trouble focusing on things. I've started to lose my willpower and I don't feel like the person I should be or was.

Transiting (moving planets in the sky) Neptune :)neptune: confusion) is on your Ascendant (self), indicating a time of personal confusion. This is a LONG transit, so it's best to get used to this new feeling. Practicing meditation can help to steady the "confused" feeling.

Confusedly,

Tim

AllanBeau

Looking at your chart I agree with wilsontc Its Neptune transiting your first house. Neptune is the planet of illusion, delusion, creativity and divine inspiration. Its transiting the 1st house of self. Your first impressions, the mask that you put on for others to see. The psychical appearance.

This transit is going to make you question a lot of things about yourself. You will need to become aware of who you are and what you want. Where you stand along your peers. You might feel distant from others. Your sense of reality is not as strong and clear-cut during this period of your life, particularly regarding yourself. A lot of fantasy and day dreaming comes with this transit. Mundane concerns are too boring, too dull to grab your attention.

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
Albert Einstein

When this transit goes over your Venus in Pisces you will start dreaming and fantasizing about the perfect relationship. But your affection might be towards the wrong people.

This transit isn't going away over-night. It will be with you till your college days. Stop worrying about the future. Enjoy the fruits of today. Don't take yourself so seriously. Your a freshmen in High School. Enjoy your youth. Have a fun time discovering yourself, fall in love. B's and A's don't show character they don't make you a better person ether. Understanding and relating to others maters.

IleneK

Premium Member
It's a Saturn thing. Your Saturn has no capacity to exert itself.

Saturn is the planet that helps us 'stick with it'.

For one thing, it's highly combust. Perhaps the core issue with a lack of consistency is a lack of confidence, in either your ability to be consistent (which you consciously recognise), or the results to be attained through it.

Please ignore my previous post, Moog and all. I read the wrong chart.

Last edited:

surrealsuburb123

Your birth time of 3:00am, is this a guesstimate? It appears to be an approximation that was rounded off.

Well, it's on my birth certificate. It's probably a 2 or 3 minutes off, though. I'm not sure if the doctor tried to get the time to the absolute exact. I'm pretty sure I'm an Aquarius rising. But I'm not sure how the difference of a few minutes might significantly affect the transit? What do you think might explain some of these feelings?

@Vista

@IleneK

Please ignore my previous post, Moog and all. I read the wrong chart.

Oh, I didn't see the previous post. :pinched: What did it say?

@AllanBeau

Stop worrying about the future. Enjoy the fruits of today.

I have enormous pressure from my family about the future, as well as the fact that I'm rather unhappy right now. I know worrying about what will happen years away can be unproductive if I'm not in the "now" mindset, but I look at the future as hope and I get excited when I dream about how it could all be. My family expects a lot out of me, and I do too, so I worry that if I don't initiate certain things earlier on it will be too late.

But yes, I am strongly feeling the effects of Neptune. :crying:
I can't be consistent with my self-image. There have been some benefits though. How long does this transit last? Isn't it about 10 or 12 years?
Also, does its effects change as I grow older? I am a teenager now, and I can understand that Neptune can blur some perceptions and add confusion, but can't age have a factor in the way certain things are felt? How will it manifest when I am in my college years? :pouty:

Are there any other factors in the chart that may indicate some feelings of inadequacy or anxiousness? I don't really know where to look for the effects of Saturn in the chart.

But thank you all for your insight! :happy: Now that I realized Neptune is playing a role, it clears a lot up.

IleneK

Premium Member
Aww, pity. A response to my comments would make me feel less like chopped liver around here.

Well, for the record, I liked your take on Saturn in its fall and combust. And I agreed with your other observations, as I often tend to view things similarly to you.

It's just that I took the progressed chart to be her natal and so wrote a comment about Saturn not being combust....which it is, so I decided to delete it.:biggrin:

I always appreciate your comments.

Moog

Well, for the record, I liked your take on Saturn in its fall and combust. And I agreed with your other observations, as I often tend to view things similarly to you.

It's just that I took the progressed chart to be her natal and so wrote a comment about Saturn not being combust....which it is, so I decided to delete it.:biggrin:

I always appreciate your comments.

Thanks Ilene, glad someone's on a similar page to me. :smile:

surrealsuburb123

@Moog
Aww, pity. A response to my comments would make me feel less like chopped liver around here.

Woah, no! I really like your posts! :surprised: I was going to ask you about what it meant when a planet is combust, but I didn't want to make that post too lengthy. I'm interested in your Vedic views. :happy:

Moog

@Moog

Woah, no! I really like your posts! :surprised: I was going to ask you about what it meant when a planet is combust, but I didn't want to make that post too lengthy. I'm interested in your Vedic views. :happy:

Sorry, I just had a nice run of posts totally ignored. My apologies. :eek: <-- don't know what this guy is up to, but he looks sheepish to me

Combustion is when a planet is very close to the sun, symbolically 'burnt'. The planet loses functionality.

The superior planets (Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, and potentially, Uranus, Neptune and Pluto) are always hurt by being combust. There are slightly different rules for the inferior planets (Mercury and Venus), they are a bit more complicated.