Can I do business job?

waybread

Turksish Girl, something has recently unsettled you greatly. Do you mind saying what it is??

Who says you're not successful???

Also there are many careers in medicine that are not the typical hands-on physician. Working for an agency/ministry of Public Health, for example.

Please keep in mind that everyone, notably medical students, interns, and residents, live in a highly competitive environment surrounded by big egos who can be brutal with students or doctors whom they see as of lesser status. All doctors goof up on something-- and all doctors goof up several times throughout the course of a year.

The best advice is to keep your head on your shoulders, back to the wall, and feet on the ground.

Steady on!!

Last edited:

aquarius7000

If medical career is good for me,then why i am not successful?
How do you define successful? Let us have that out first.

As Goldstein-Jacobson says, Saturn in the 6th house brings a lot of work and little appreciation.

Could that be the case you feel so dissatisfied?

Going by your chart, I do feel you are in the right field and it could be that this is just a passing phase, or at least I hope that for your sake.

waybread

I agree, A7000. I note, too, that the 12th house rules hospitals, and Turkish Girl's moon is in the 12th.

But there are a number of careers for which a MD degree would be helpful, such as hospital administration.

I have a good friend who is a MD and qualified pediatrician. He recognized early in his career that he wasn't temperamentally suited for a regular medical practice, but he was hired by his state's Department of Public Health, and recently retired at a very senior level.

Research and health insurance are additional directions for someone with a medical school degree.

turkish girl

Turksish Girl, something has recently unsettled you greatly. Do you mind saying what it is??

Who says you're not successful???

Also there are many careers in medicine that are not the typical hands-on physician. Working for an agency/ministry of Public Health, for example.

Please keep in mind that everyone, notably medical students, interns, and residents, live in a highly competitive environment surrounded by big egos who can be brutal with students or doctors whom they see as of lesser status. All doctors goof up on something-- and all doctors goof up several times throughout the course of a year.

The best advice is to keep your head on your shoulders, back to the wall, and feet on the ground.

Steady on!!

I say I am not successful.I never got high grades at medical school.My exams points were average.For taking really high points you should be real nerd and asocial.I realised that this is not the life what I want.Spending my most beautiful younger years like that...Between books,at libraries,surrounded by other boring nerds.Envying for others who spends good time,partying ,having holiday while I study so hard.What I will get at the end???

Waybread I really appreciate you that you sincerely writing to me like a sweet mom who worries about her daughter.I am mot crazy yet(I may become soon)so I will finish my studies but later I dont know what to do.

turkish girl

How do you define successful? Let us have that out first.

As Goldstein-Jacobson says, Saturn in the 6th house brings a lot of work and little appreciation.

Could that be the case you feel so dissatisfied?

Going by your chart, I do feel you are in the right field and it could be that this is just a passing phase, or at least I hope that for your sake.

While comparing myself to others,my degres from exams and all.I don't think I will be a good doctor either .This appreciate thing,hell I have never appreciated by my family,why should I care other's appreciation?I already don't care this stuff.

aquarius7000

I say I am not successful.I never got high grades at medical school.My exams points were average.For taking really high points you should be real nerd and asocial.I realised that this is not the life what I want.Spending my most beautiful younger years like that...Between books,at libraries,surrounded by other boring nerds.Envying for others who spends good time,partying ,having holiday while I study so hard.What I will get at the end???...
I don't understand you, Turkish Girl. I mean your story above clearly tells me that it was your choice alone to be satisfied with your average grades. You decided not to put in too much effort. But then why are you so dissatisfied now? I would have understood had you put in a lot of effort, perhaps got good grades, but not find a well-paid job or something.

Also, the medical field is not the right one to want success in terms of money at least.

I am not sure, but I don't really see any problem here. If you don't like what you do, then try getting yourself a certification in something else, do some vocational training in some other field, or something. Change your field.

waybread

I say I am not successful.I never got high grades at medical school.My exams points were average.For taking really high points you should be real nerd and asocial.I realised that this is not the life what I want.Spending my most beautiful younger years like that...Between books,at libraries,surrounded by other boring nerds.Envying for others who spends good time,partying ,having holiday while I study so hard.What I will get at the end???

Waybread I really appreciate you that you sincerely writing to me like a sweet mom who worries about her daughter.I am mot crazy yet(I may become
soon)so I will finish my studies but later I dont know what to do.

Try to calm yourself, Turkish Girl. Something seems to have upset you recently, but being in an upset state of mind is not a sound place from which to make a rational decision for your future.

"Average" grades are fine. You just need to pass your courses, get into a decent internship/residency and pass your board exams. Then if you don't want hands-on patient care for a career, think about hospital administration, a career in a government public health agency, the health insurance industry, or medical research. These are fields for which a MD degree will be a major asset, if not a requirement.

A physician has so much capacity to do good for people. You don't have to graduate at the top of your class to help people who are literally dying for want of adequate medical care in under-served areas.

Please consider that people your age who are spending their lives "partying, having holiday" are either independently wealthy, or else they are not building a basis for a solid career.

I have a daughter, actually; and thanks to some good doctors in the foreign country where she is now living, she was able to avoid a hysterectomy at age 33. (She was operated on to remove baseball-size fibroids that she had stoically tried to ignore.)

So let me put it to you. Would you rather drop out of medical school so that you could party tonight and and lie on a tropical beach next week? Or would you rather save lives, heal the sick and injured, and do something profoundly meaningful to other people?

I may have mentioned this before in our previous interactions, but a 6th-12th house axis (which you have) has been called a "serve or suffer" lifetime. (I have this axis, as well.) The 6th house is the house of one's health and illnesses, but in modern astrology it is also the house of service to other people. The 12th is the "house of self undoing," which perhaps works best with a commitment to altruism. It also rules people who are shut-in, as in hospitals and other medical institutions.

Ah, well. You've heard this proverb?

"God says, 'Do what you will, and pay the price."

turkish girl

Try to calm yourself, Turkish Girl. Something seems to have upset you recently, but being in an upset state of mind is not a sound place from which to make a rational decision for your future.

"Average" grades are fine. You just need to pass your courses, get into a decent internship/residency and pass your board exams. Then if you don't want hands-on patient care for a career, think about hospital administration, a career in a government public health agency, the health insurance industry, or medical research. These are fields for which a MD degree will be a major asset, if not a requirement.

A physician has so much capacity to do good for people. You don't have to graduate at the top of your class to help people who are literally dying for want of adequate medical care in under-served areas.

Please consider that people your age who are spending their lives "partying, having holiday" are either independently wealthy, or else they are not building a basis for a solid career.

I have a daughter, actually; and thanks to some good doctors in the foreign country where she is now living, she was able to avoid a hysterectomy at age 33. (She was operated on to remove baseball-size fibroids that she had stoically tried to ignore.)

So let me put it to you. Would you rather drop out of medical school so that you could party tonight and and lie on a tropical beach next week? Or would you rather save lives, heal the sick and injured, and do something profoundly meaningful to other people?

I may have mentioned this before in our previous interactions, but a 6th-12th house axis (which you have) has been called a "serve or suffer" lifetime. (I have this axis, as well.) The 6th house is the house of one's health and illnesses, but in modern astrology it is also the house of service to other people. The 12th is the "house of self undoing," which perhaps works best with a commitment to altruism. It also rules people who are shut-in, as in hospitals and other medical institutions.

Ah, well. You've heard this proverb?

"God says, 'Do what you will, and pay the price."

Waybread:smile:,you are one of the best astrologers i have met so far.Not just by reading my chart.How you sense my feelings through texting,i am just surprised.

Also as an answer of aquarius's reply.

I do not think ''success=money''.I am not money minded person,how can i be as a stellium in 6th with heavily aquarius impact.I just lost my motivation and drive on this sector.

After aquarius's post i felt i do sound like a little kid who complains.Maybe i should tell the whole story which i really don't like telling.I have worked at ER for a long period as part of my studies.I can say that there was not a day without fight.It was like all problematic people of turkey just came to our hospital.Between patient's relatives,between other co workers,everyone was fighting.They think doctors-nurses don't get along but i can say nurses are the most nicest people who helped me there me without losing my mind.I was scolded by senior assistant doctor in front of many people,he just did it because he was angry to another thing.And there was really no mistake of mine.Regarding patient's...ohh they consider themselves as doctors.They judging my prescbribe,they judge if i am doing correct,they even swore a nurse in front of me.A man to walked up to me to hit because he considered i did not give him correct treatment,what he knows about treatments and all?Probably nothing!

There were drug users,drunk guys,histeric women and all.But even normal people too,they had no respect to us even though we were there for dealing with their health problems.

At the end i got abused.

I was not that pessimistic before,i mean i hope i was not.When i entered school i mean,i was happy that i would be a scientist or something something.But now I don't want to use even my finger for those all stupid people.

This business topic i opened,because i thought it would suit my characther.I do not want to work under someone.I do not want to see people'e face and i do not want to hear from other people because of their taxes i get my salary.Business job seemed like i would be the boss and would not give any **** sh*t if they tried to manipulate me.And all my sacrifices ,since 8 years(also half of high school years) all my life has spent between books.I just did not deserve that kind of treatment of people!This is why i said what i will get at the end.I got these results.

Maybe as you said waybread,i should just avoid from hands-on patient care.Because i lost my love for people.

turkish girl

I don't understand you, Turkish Girl. I mean your story above clearly tells me that it was your choice alone to be satisfied with your average grades. You decided not to put in too much effort. But then why are you so dissatisfied now? I would have understood had you put in a lot of effort, perhaps got good grades, but not find a well-paid job or something.

Also, the medical field is not the right one to want success in terms of money at least.

I am not sure, but I don't really see any problem here. If you don't like what you do, then try getting yourself a certification in something else, do some vocational training in some other field, or something. Change your field.

I have replied your question in the reply of waybread's,thanks for reading my chart.

waybread

Turkish Girl, thanks for your kind reply. In hindsight I thought I had stepped forward too far, and that I shouldn't have lectured you. If you feel this way, I apologize.

I am really sorry that you had such a rough time in ER. To keep your cool when everyone else around you is going crazy is really commendable. You don't have to look back fondly on those times, but please give yourself credit for the good work that you did. I think that a young woman in a traditionally male-oriented society would have an extra-tough time in these circumstances, so please take credit for being on the front lines of change for the better.

A personal anecdote, if I might.

I might mention that my father was a doctor with a specialty in internal medicine, which was a lot like having a family practice. He died many years ago, and medicine has changed a lot since then, but I recall him mentioning times when the medical team tried as hard as they could, but the patient died anyway. He did his internship in the poorest neighborhoods of a major city. Back when doctors did house calls, the telephone would ring in the middle of the night, and he would have to leave home to attend some emergency. Planned family outings would get cancelled because he was on-call. He did hospital rounds twice a day, and was not home a lot.

But I also remember all the cards and gifts that his patients sent to our house at Christmas time, some of them specifically because they thought he had saved their lives.

Because he thought it would be good training for me, I also had a summer job as a nurse's aid in the hospital. I was a college-bound middle-class girl, but was at the utter bottom of the hospital social ladder. I emptied bed pans and held the emesis basins for vomiting patients. Sometimes I got yelled at by patients and treated discourteously by the head nurse on my ward-- who never left the nursing station.

I also know about the strongly hierarchical nature of medical schools and hospitals, and that the top surgeons' egos trample over those whom they consider to be beneath them. I know residents have rotations that deny them a night's sleep so badly that they mistrust their ability to behave normally, let alone to make life and death decisions.

So I know that medicine is not an easy life, although it can be rewarding. I can see that this life isn't for everyone. There will be days when the patient dies, when the senior doctor scolds his underlings, when the patients are abusive, and you are ready to cry and quit medicine altogether. But there will also be those days when the nurses support you, you solve a difficult diagnosis, and when the patients thank you for healing them.

My impression of your horoscope is that medicine is a good career for you. As I mentioned several times, you can parlay a MD qualification into careers that do not involve patient care. Or possibly a specialty like dermatology or pathology where you don't have the pressure of critical care.

With your Leo moon, your pride has taken a terrible beating recently. (I have this placement, as well, and I really dislike being disrespected.) But know, also, that we Leo moons have the power to find the kernels of joy in life at its worst, and to share that optimism with other people. You have a bigger heart than those nasty people who didn't mind their manners. So you can afford to be calm in the face of all kinds of turmoil.

With all good wishes for your journey, W.