Transiting Pluto is destroying me.... help?

melissamarie

Transiting Pluto is almost exactly conjunct (0°03 orb) my MC and Sun (both at 14°), and Saturn (at 16°). It's also in opposition with my natal Chiron. With my stellium in the 10th, it's not too far away from Mercury, Neptune, and Uranus.

In addition to that, transiting Uranus is having its fair share of fun torturing me, too. It squares my MC, Sun, Neptune, and Chiron, and opposes my Vertex.

I'm not sure how relevant quincunxes are in transits (I'm still learning, forgive me), but transiting Jupiter is at exact 0.00° quincunx to my natal Saturn.

There's a bunch of stuff going on right now and I feel completely overwhelmed.

Does anyone have any input? I feel like my brain is going to explode.

Attachments

• melissa.gif
    melissa.gif
    52.9 KB · Views: 78

waybread

If it's any consolation, these "abnormal" feelings are "normal" for major Pluto transits. A hard Pluto aspect to your sun gets at everything you've thought about yourself for years. It has been described as feeling "stripped of your skin."

Pluto rules a regenerative cycle, where things that you thought were very real either vanish despite your best efforts, or else they begin to seem shallow, futile, and meaningless. It can feel like you are metaphorically dying inside; or that everything around you that once seemed important is now gone. This is the "death" part of the underworld god's circular time. You may feel dormant, or like cocooning by yourself for a while. But if you deliberately let go of anything metaphorically dead and dying in your life, you can help to give birth to whatever is next and new in your life ahead.

Pluto is the energy of the Phoenix, who is burned in the fire, then rises from the ashes. It is the energy of the seasons, where late autumn's death of vegetation and stasis of winter is followed by rebirth in the spring. The old dies so that something new can take its place.

For the past few years, up in the heavens, Uranus and Pluto have been squaring each other, so Uranus is in the mix for you, as well. Uranus rules sudden change, be it for better or worse. It can feel like the great disruptor or the great liberator, depending upon how open we are to change.

With your Capricorn and Aries placements plus Chiron in Cancer, you (and others born around your birth date) are getting a huge does of the stressful Uranus-Pluto square.

Help is on the way, but the main thing is to work constructively with your chart just now.

(to be continued.)

waybread

melissamarie, can you tell us something about yourself? A "blind" chart reading is always difficult to do accurately.

To look at your chart in a general way, just now Pluto may give you a difficult time with your career (or career aspirations if you are a student.) Maybe a field that you thought you liked suddenly seems worthless, despite all the effort you put into it. Sometimes good and steady workers get fired under this transit, or else something massive like a factory closure takes place, throwing them and hundreds of people out of work.

The MC also shows your public image: the face that the world sees for what you've accomplished, not simply your unique outward personality and body. With this transit, you may feel like your reputation is suffering; or however you've defined yourself to the world either blows up in your face or becomes a kind of cruel joke.

With the Chiron opposition, this will hurt. A lot.

But if we look at Pluto's "wheel of fortune" eventually turning right-side up again, maybe a career dead-end can actually liberate the person to pursue what she's dreamed of, but never thought she could have.

Just for example, your chart shows that you have a lot of administrative ability, and would probably even make a good engineer; yet your primary focus is on the 9th house of mind-expanding activities like overseas travel, higher education, and developing a life philosophy.

So I would ask, are you using your considerable administrative abilities or pursuing a plan to get to such a career through higher education? Had you thought of combining your talents with expertise in the travel industry, international relations, or trade?

That Aries moon in the 12th makes me think of a woman warrior-- who is a prisoner of war! She needs to get out and fight a few battles to test her mettle. If we look at your moon, I wonder if you are able to be as independent and courageous (Aries, trine Mars) as you would like; and whether you are exercising positive 12th house meanings. Not sequestering yourself away (although Pluto will promote such desires) but perhaps volunteering with people less fortunate than yourself, as the 12th rules people in hospitals, prisons, and institutions.

With your angles involved, now may also be a time when living arrangements that once seemed secure are vanishing.

Given that life is dumping a huge load of planetary stressors on you just now, I recommend the following:

1. If you have a bunch of psychological stuff buried that seems to be bubbling up just now, it is a good time (for anyone) to engage in some psychotherapy with a good clinical psychologist. If you would find this helpful, your family doctor can give you a referral (or campus counseling services if you are a student on a big campus.)

2. As you see things "dead" or "dying" in your life, this is a good time to end them. Don't wait, but take the lead. Maybe it's unsupportive friends, a bad-news boyfriend, a dead-end job, or an unworkable home situation. If any of your logistics don't work, such as personal finance or a cluttered bedroom, now it the time to work on a budget or throw out any unwanted/unused material belongings. The universe notices when we take small steps to help ourselves.

3. Keep a diary, writer's notebook, dream journal, or sketch pad active. Pluto is a planet of the sub-conscious, so this is a good time to have a creative outlet. Don't be shocked by what comes out-- you are doing this on paper so that you don't attract further negativity in your real life.

4. Try to stay grounded. With spring following winter, this is a good time to take walks in nature, start some gardening, or start a gem collection. With that Aries-Capricorn combination, if you can take up rock-climbing or spend time in rocky places, you might find them to be therapeutic. The earth element is strong in your chart, so you should find contact with your leading element to be helpful.

5. Read books or watch films that speak to your "inner Pluto." The poem and film Invictus come to mind.

With so many planets in Capricorn, you have enormous staying power-- yet too often, this virtue can become a vice. Sometimes Capricorn needs to let go of an unsupportive circumstance so that she can move on. Pluto will be with you for a while, as it moves through your Capricorn planets, so now is the time to consider how it asks you to let go of who you are now, so that you can blossom into who you can become. If you are at all spiritual, this is the energy of Let Go and Let God.

The process isn't pretty, but you will emerge as a much stronger, more experienced person in middle age through getting this difficult transit over while you are still relatively young.

Last edited:

melissamarie

I've been a model since I was 16. I moved to Los Angeles on my own, and have just "made it work". There's been times where I didn't know how I could pay the bills but at the last minute, I got a lucky break. My mother is a selfish woman and my dad was a harsh disciplinarian. I wasn't nurtured as a child and was a pretty sad child. Does that have a relation to Chiron being on the IC?

Lately I've been noticing that my dreams have been becoming even more frequent (lucid dreams, too). And my intuition (my mother has also told me that I'm an Empath) is even stronger. It's hard to explain, but for instance, having a conversation with someone I just met and mentioning a specific thing in passing and having them say "woah, I didn't tell you that...."

It's funny how you mention earth and rocks. I've been gardening (started getting into it roughly a year ago), nearly every day. I'm actually writing this post from my garden patio. I'm also working with a lot of stones (like Quartz), that I mined with another Capricorn friend. We've been making beautiful jewelry with it.

I've always struggled with indecisiveness. Especially in my career. Even if someone asks what I want for dinner I never can just decide, I always say, "you pick". I feel like even when I became a model it wasn't necessarily because it was my dream to be one, but because I was tall and lanky and it was repeatedly suggested to me that I should pursue it. I don't know if it is caused by my Moon quincunx Pluto, as I've heard that that specific can make someone "submissive", in a way. From what I've gathered, that it is an aspect that reflects disproportionate emotional or psychological transformation, oftentimes resulting in depression (which I have struggled with for as long as I remember).

I knew I wasn't going to be able to model forever. Turning 25 freaked me out in the sense that I just have no idea where to go next, and no one is telling me which path to follow. I have several talents, mainly in the creative realm (singing, writing, playing an instrument, crafts, etc), but most of those really don't generate the income that would allow my Capricorn self to feel secure. I also am enamored by the human mind, so psychology is a field of interest. Going to school for a psychology degree has been an idea but I simply don't have the funds to be able to do it.

Last edited:

melissamarie

Linking a thread that brings into question whether or not Pluto is relevant ignores and potentially insults the OP who clearly in presenting her question accepts the influence of Pluto in her chart.

I appreciate your concern and can understand your worry, but I found the thread to be insightful, even if just understanding how other aspects besides a quincunx can affect a mother/daughter relationship.

My mother has beyond numerous characteristics of narcissistic personality disorder, and I'm quite positive her mother does, as well. I had planned on posting their charts on that thread sometime today.

Edit: Excuse my mistake, I had been reading another thread on Pluto/Moon aspects viewable here and how they relate to conflict in mother/daughter relationships. My initial reply above was in response to that thread, not the one linked by JUPITERASC, so it's irrelevant in this context.

Last edited:

sasa62

I've been a model since I was 16. I moved to Los Angeles on my own, and have just "made it work". There's been times where I didn't know how I could pay the bills but at the last minute, I got a lucky break. My mother is a selfish woman and my dad was a harsh disciplinarian. I wasn't nurtured as a child and was a pretty sad child. Does that have a relation to Chiron being on the IC?

Lately I've been noticing that my dreams have been becoming even more frequent (lucid dreams, too). And my intuition (my mother has also told me that I'm an Empath) is even stronger. It's hard to explain, but for instance, having a conversation with someone I just met and mentioning a specific thing in passing and having them say "woah, I didn't tell you that...."

It's funny how you mention earth and rocks. I've been gardening (started getting into it roughly a year ago), nearly every day. I'm actually writing this post from my garden patio. I'm also working with a lot of stones (like Quartz), that I mined with another Capricorn friend. We've been making beautiful jewelry with it.

I've always struggled with indecisiveness. Especially in my career. Even if someone asks what I want for dinner I never can just decide, I always say, "you pick". I feel like even when I became a model it wasn't necessarily because it was my dream to be one, but because I was tall and lanky and it was repeatedly suggested to me that I should pursue it. I don't know if it is caused by my Moon quincunx Pluto, as I've heard that that specific can make someone "submissive", in a way. From what I've gathered, that it is an aspect that reflects disproportionate emotional or psychological transformation, oftentimes resulting in depression (which I have struggled with for as long as I remember).

I knew I wasn't going to be able to model forever. Turning 25 freaked me out in the sense that I just have no idea where to go next, and no one is telling me which path to follow. I have several talents, mainly in the creative realm (singing, writing, playing an instrument, crafts, etc), but most of those really don't generate the income that would allow my Capricorn self to feel secure. I also am enamored by the human mind, so psychology is a field of interest. Going to school for a psychology degree has been an idea but I simply don't have the funds to be able to do it.

Your intuition, insufficient presence of the father in your development, your creativity, your indecision, ie search of their own identity - all this is Ne 0 So

So this transit Pl at So is very difficult and indicate a change of their own identity

This can also be related to your father or situation in your house, maybe not right now because the period of action of the transit rather long and continues to transit through your Mo which will also mean a complete change on an emotional level and a complete change of your own home in 2016 / 2017

In this period may appear "dark" types or "the powerful" people around you, so it is important to keep an eye on the people around you and avoiding interference with dangerous people.... including police...

Rely on your intuition. It would be good to try as many of its abilities, and after 36 years of life knew exactly who finally your goal in your life ...

Change the current goals is certainly one of the results of this period ...

Keep an eye on the skin and joints, the fluid in the body, and the immune system, which has been disturbed by the last year or two

good luck

sorry for my english...

waybread

melissamarie, if you are still getting modeling work, that's fine for now-- but just be ready for it to change as it has been. But the reason is so that you can move on to what is next in your life.

You mention an authoritarian father. That is one reading of Saturn conjunct your sun MC. Perhaps a more empowering reading for you as an adult is how you will become your own authority. Or how you can use your authority in a constructive way for people who look up to you.

Just to cite a possible example, you might transition from being the model in front of the camera to taking on a managerial or production role.

Pluto in your 7th house can be a therapeutic placement for working with other people in a one-on-one relationship, such through being a counselor or psychologist.

This is a time of major change for you. If something is "dying" in your life, let it go so that something new can take its place.

Kannon

Melissa,

The purpose of Pluto is not to destroy, but to empower. But some renovation of our life patterns may first involve some destruction, like taking out a wall in order to open up space in a home to make a larger room. That can mean uncomfortable changes that shake things up and leave us feeling a bit insecure, as if we've lost the balance we normally maintain from experiencing far less change.

Uranus's purpose is also not negative, but shakes things up in such a way to get us out of self-limiting ruts.

See my article summarizing Uranus & Pluto transits ... Uranus & Pluto in personal growth
https://kannonmcafee.wordpress.com/2015/02/04/uranus-pluto-in-personal-growth/

Read the parts about Pluto transiting Sun & Moon and see what insights you have. Same for Uranus. Remember each type of transit/progression contains potential purpose.

lazarusx

As usual waybread nailed it.

I was born a year before you melissa, but i'm also dealing with transiting Pluto. It's in opposition to my Sun and Chiron, and it's transiting through my 8th house.

My life capsized towards the end of last year, an entire lifestyle i was living came to a sudden and dramatic end when i was forced to move back to my home country because of financial and planning mis-management. I was reduced back to nothing.. i'm still struggling with it.

I realize i barley have the energy to begin anything new.. i feel like all i can do is get by on the absolute minimum, my Sun is in the second house so my identity is tied up with my values and they are been heavily challenged and broken down now by Pluto.. all i can do is let it happen.

And i would suggest the same for you, the more you resist the harder the process will be.

StillOne

Love the timing of this thread! There's been a lot of discussion on Pluto here on the forum. IMO, with how much attention Pluto has been getting, it only reinforces how important this Planet is. All one needs to do is to also take a look around globally with the Pluto Uranus square to see it's effects.

I empathize with you as I'm sharing a major Pluto transit as well. Pluto is currently conjunct my Descendant and I am witnessing my relationships undergoing transformation. It really is incredible as I'm re-evaluating every single one of my relationships and realizing that I need to meet new people.

I think a lot has already been mentioned as far as your transit is concerned. I'd say it's an extremely important time for you. As far as any recommendations, I'd suggest being extra observant at this time and to keep your mind open. If the usual way isn't working any more explore how you can evolve and transform into a higher version of yourself.

At this time, I also think it's important to take extra care of yourself. Be mindful, eat well and consider taking time to reflect (meditate?)

Looking at your chart, I have a lot of ideas. With the ruler of the 5th conjunct your MC, have you considered turning 5th house themes into a career? Creativity, hobbies, etc.

Last edited:

sasa62

I should add ...
person as you are now, and person after 2017 will be two completely different person

Those are the Pl transformation, where one person needs to "die", that can be
"born" a new person

Andrea_

If you think that is a headache, don't worry! take a look at what I have in my chart: until 37 y old or something, I am going through a continuous Pluto transit.
This is because I have a bowl type chart and Pluto is my cutting planet in the 1st degree of Saggi. He already transited my Jupiter/Sun in the 12th and is now playing around my Asc-mars-merc conjunction (that's on the Vega-Sirius line) At 14-18 degrees Cappy. After that there come Neptune and Uranus in late C degrees, Juno, Moon and Venus is early Aqua, PoF and Saturn in Pisces. (though you aren't far from this example either)
Everything while I get a fair share of squares from uranus in aries as well.
The perk about this is that Pluto also touches every midpoint (a lot of them happened to be already occupied).
The single ones that escape are MC &NN... right? Haha, nope. because in delineation Pluto parallel Saturn, MC & NN & they parallel each other, though this has a different interpretation than the transit ;)

I don't even want to start about what happened and still happens around me, among which a huge inner need to balance the mundane and the spiritual life with all its components from being aware of my own actions and thoughts to delving into astrology and other branches.

So in relation to your question, the way i feel about Pluto is that he is not there to destroy anything. In fact, the point is that the Universe isn't trying to destroy anyone either (unless of course you ultimately ask for it through your actions) Things are always in motion and expanding, and the hardest of tests is that of consolidation, durability, and the power of regenerating after a storm which can be done through having deep roots. This is something that Pluto (and Saturn) teach. But before creating those roots you need to have a clean soil and awarness of what is real or worth doing in our society or not. There are a lot of things going on generally, a bit of turmoil and a deep pit humans should rather avoid, but on a personal level you might find that your career choice might not appeal to you anymore, or that you need to make some changes so that your environment won't hinder or hurt you and your health in the long run... and yet from what you said at 25 it is already harder to find jobs in this area so it's not that bad that this pluto came near the end of a normal cycle. (You probably expected the modelling life not to bo too long)
What you have to do is do not keep clinging to old habbits and ways of thinking when it also feels like you have to renew them.
A good choice might imply working in an office/w documents or indeed law/psychology, something to make you feel responsible of something else (people here already gave some nice advice) Indeed, you might find such a job more fulfilling in the end in spite of what you had to give up more or less. A bussiness, an institution... the psychological area might help you approach life with a more compassionate attitude. Or what about foreign languages? You never know... Pluto is also about unchaining. You might have a good time with creativity. (Personally, all my notebooks are full of drawings and sketches, though I've always painted). A good parallel to the moral of The Devil tarot card can be made: the people depicted in it are chained but the chains are actually big enough for them to simply shake them off. It's internal (and metaphoric of course): What they are bound by are their own fears and belief that they are limited. No matter what the situation you always have choices and the ability to rise step by step or even in a leap sometimes

Last edited:

muchacho

Transiting Pluto is almost exactly conjunct (0°03 orb) my MC and Sun (both at 14°), and Saturn (at 16°). It's also in opposition with my natal Chiron. With my stellium in the 10th, it's not too far away from Mercury, Neptune, and Uranus.

In addition to that, transiting Uranus is having its fair share of fun torturing me, too. It squares my MC, Sun, Neptune, and Chiron, and opposes my Vertex.

I'm not sure how relevant quincunxes are in transits (I'm still learning, forgive me), but transiting Jupiter is at exact 0.00° quincunx to my natal Saturn.

There's a bunch of stuff going on right now and I feel completely overwhelmed.

Does anyone have any input? I feel like my brain is going to explode.
In a most neutral way of speaking, Pluto is about re-assessing, re-evaluating and subsequently throwing out what is not useful anymore to make room for what has developed/evolved since in order to blend better with what is real and actual, and to live a more authentic life. It's basically about cleansing on different levels which can happen consciously or unconsciously. Pluto is about existential questions that touch on the very foundations of your life, life in general.

Usually Pluto gets a bad rep and the effects of Pluto are seen mostly in a negative light. That doesn't have to be so. How it will affect your life and your general state of being, especially your moods and your general outlook on life, depends on how conscious and aware you are. You can see yourself as a victim of circumstances or the creator of circumstances. You can look at old doors closing or new doors opening. What you do with your conscious thought will make all the difference.

So, Pluto transiting MC (career) and Sun (Self), is about your direction in life and the core of your being.

kbell

One thing I've found as pluto has been transiting my sun, mercury, and venus and AC, north node, and mars in earlier life is to just let it go. It will destroy all that's not good for you, but it'll build you up into something better. When it was transiting my sun a few years ago I really found myself. Now it is transiting my venus and I left a relationship that was not good for me. Now I have found true love. My only advice is to not fight it. It stinks, but it knows what's best for you.