Can we look at astrology from a scientific point of view?

david starling

Yes, I've seen you made mention of your theory before on the forum. I don't think that astrology is where the level of causality resides. So personally, I am quicker to rule out naturalistic theories than the others. (Planets cause phenomena). I'm agnostic to all other theories at this point.

Sun, Moon, planets, especially the Earth in our case, are all participants in the Matrix. As are we, since we each have a magnetic field of our own.

david starling

I believe the supposedly unalterable "Laws of Nature" are subject to change, depending on our relationship to the Matrix. That would include the Law of Gravity.

conspiracy theorist

I don't say hard No's to things I have never investigated or looked into deeply. I don't believe my current level of knowledge & understanding of the world is broad and deep enough to rule out anything which might bump up against the mass conception of reality. I am open to physical levitation being something observable by our sense, although I have never seen it, and the accounts I have read on it sound negative or dubious. I've also encountered occult theories on why physical levitation is possible; I've just never seen it demonstrated, nor have I ran any tests or gotten to a level of "attainment" which would make that a possibility for me.

Are you proposing that your theory is able to explain how levitation may be possible?

david starling

I don't say hard No's to things I have never investigated or looked into deeply. I don't believe my current level of knowledge & understanding of the world is broad and deep enough to rule out anything which might bump up against the mass conception of reality. I am open to physical levitation being something observable by our sense, although I have never seen it, and the accounts I have read on it sound negative or dubious. I've also encountered occult theories on why physical levitation is possible; I've just never seen it demonstrated, nor have I ran any tests or gotten to a level of "attainment" which would make that a possibility for me.

Are you proposing that your theory is able to explain how levitation may be possible?

Yes, with other "paranormal" abilities included.

david starling

Do you know of anyone or have observed levitation occurring in your life? I have one instance of "hard" telepathy where a piece of music was communicated to another person in the room, inadvertently.

To break the Law of Gravity, it's not necessary to levitate. Only to alter one's weight, by even a small amount relative to a balance scale. Ever had days when you felt lighter or heavier than others? Running, jumping, climbing, are all affected by weight. Is it all about muscle strength versus Gravity as a constant, or are these abilities affected by our interactions with the Matrix?

conspiracy theorist

Why would you rule out material considerations before you started looking for non-material or paranormal considerations? Especially with weight fluctuations on a day-to-day basis, there are more down to earth reasons that you'd consider first. Especially when the weight differences are minuscule.

david starling

Why would you rule out material considerations before you started looking for non-material or paranormal considerations? Especially with weight fluctuations on a day-to-day basis, there are more down to earth reasons that you'd consider first. Especially when the weight differences are minuscule.

If one were standing on a well-calibrated balance-scale, not moving, and by mental power alone were able to change one's weight by just one ounce, it would knock the current theory of Gravity into a cocked hat.

david starling

In its current form, modern materialistic science is much like a religion, in that it insists that the "Laws of the Universe" are not to be violated. Scientist-priests, in their laboratory-temples, performing the ritual of the scientific method, resulting in entirely materialistic "miracles of Modern science" are following the pattern of the orthodox religions that believe in the laws of God.

JUPITERASC

In its current form, modern materialistic science is much like a religion, in that it insists that the "Laws of the Universe" are not to be violated. Scientist-priests, in their laboratory-temples, performing the ritual of the scientific method, resulting in entirely materialistic "miracles of Modern science" are following the pattern of the orthodox religions that believe in the laws of God.
Let's listen to a famous scientist explanation of the scientific method :smile:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KmimDq4cSU
.....how we would look for a new law.
First, we guess it
Then we compute the consequences of the guess
to see what, if this is right, if this law we guess is right,
to see what it would imply

and then

we compare the computation results to nature

or

we compare to experiment

or experience
compare it directly with observations to see if it works.

If it disagrees with experiment, it’s WRONG.
In that simple statement is the key to science.
It doesn’t make any difference how beautiful your guess is, it doesn’t matter how smart you are
who made the guess, or what his name is
If it disagrees with experiment, it’s wrong.
That’s all there is to it.