Does Sun represent the man and Venus the woman in relationship Horary charts?

greybeard

Yes , you are. The 5th is "illicit love affairs", i.e., sex outside of wedlock. Mistresses and gigolos live in the 5th.

This means Mars rules Lover Boy. Mars and Jupiter are trine, but Mars heads off into Virgo, a new and different energy field. So how will you interpret that?

ChildOfVenus

Yes , you are. The 5th is "illicit love affairs", i.e., sex outside of wedlock. Mistresses and gigolos live in the 5th.

This means Mars rules Lover Boy. Mars and Jupiter are trine, but Mars heads off into Virgo, a new and different energy field. So how will you interpret that?

So you’re saying that’s a no then I get it I guess I’ll just wait to see what happens then.

ChildOfVenus

But there is a trine from Mars to the Moon so what does that mean? If there is a separating conjunction between the two sigs. But then it makes an applying aspect to the Moon?

ChildOfVenus

No offence was taken by me, ChildofVenus, I think I understand what you are referring to.
You give a link where in fact it says, "Besides the main significators, Lilly tells us to consider the Sun as a general significator for the man and Venus as a general significator for the woman.".
That first word "Besides" is very important.
If the main significators are not coming together or have no relationship to each other, then the sun or Venus cannot override this. They won't flip the answer, but can give us insight into the why or who. They cannot stand alone, though.
Ok I understand now and is it the case that the 5th house should be used for the person you are asking about when it comes to sex? I’ve read different things about this. Some stating that the 7th house should still be used. But if this person is just a friend shouldn’t they be represented by the 11th house?

ElenaJ

If we go back to step one on this thread, ChildofVenus writes about her "friend" being angry and "seeing each other again." , which is not necessarily romantic.
Then we move onto "Ok, so I asked if we would be sexually involved".
Just to point out that the houses in these sentences are shifting, and like Greybeard wrote, this is basic to interpreting the chart, so this presents a big problem.
Last week by coincidence two people sent me almost the identical chart, for completely two different queries, and there were two completely different answers. From basically the same chart, because the questions touched different houses.
With reference to ChildofVenus' chart, a friend would be the 11th house. Venus is the ruler of the 11th, inconjunct the ascendent ruler so not connecting there, and approaching an opposition to cold Saturn. So the answer would be no. Moon from the ascendent separates from easy trine with mercury to an inconjunct with separative Uranus confirming the negative.
"Would we be sexually involved?". This is a different question.
So here the "other" is 7th, and we look for connections between 7 and ascendent but also 5 (love affairs) and 8 (querent's sex). Now we have 7th ruler mercury approaching a conjunction with 5th ruler mars, in the querent's 8th house of sex. Mars moves towards a trine with retrograde Jupiter. So the answer to this question would be yes.
So you see, the precision of the question, and understanding what the question is, would be the first step to interpreting the chart. And this is so important.
Assigning the significators is essential, and if you don't get that right, the answer will be skewered. And the significators are assigned according to the houses involved in the question asked.

ChildOfVenus

If we go back to step one on this thread, ChildofVenus writes about her "friend" being angry and "seeing each other again." , which is not necessarily romantic.
Then we move onto "Ok, so I asked if we would be sexually involved".
Just to point out that the houses in these sentences are shifting, and like Greybeard wrote, this is basic to interpreting the chart, so this presents a big problem.
Last week by coincidence two people sent me almost the identical chart, for completely two different queries, and there were two completely different answers. From basically the same chart, because the questions touched different houses.
With reference to ChildofVenus' chart, a friend would be the 11th house. Venus is the ruler of the 11th, inconjunct the ascendent ruler so not connecting there, and approaching an opposition to cold Saturn. So the answer would be no. Moon from the ascendent separates from easy trine with mercury to an inconjunct with separative Uranus confirming the negative.
"Would we be sexually involved?". This is a different question.
So here the "other" is 7th, and we look for connections between 7 and ascendent but also 5 (love affairs) and 8 (querent's sex). Now we have 7th ruler mercury approaching a conjunction with 5th ruler mars, in the querent's 8th house of sex. Mars moves towards a trine with retrograde Jupiter. So the answer to this question would be yes.
So you see, the precision of the question, and understanding what the question is, would be the first step to interpreting the chart. And this is so important.
Assigning the significators is essential, and if you don't get that right, the answer will be skewered. And the significators are assigned according to the houses involved in the question asked.
So he’s not angry with me and we won’t see each other again. But we will have sex again? How? If we won’t see each other?

greybeard

I do not accept a question from a client unless and until I understand the question.

Here we have a muddled question...5, 7, 8, 11. How can a muddled question produce a useful answer?

Last edited:

ChildOfVenus

The only thing I don't understand is how can two people have sex without seeing each other. But I apologize for the miscommunication. In all honestly, I should have just asked whether or not we would ever be sexually involved again because that's what I really wanted to know. I have my answer now so thanks.

greybeard

Muddled thinking, muddled life.

The purpose of horary astrology is not "to answer questions", but to provide sound guidance as we meet life's important situations.

I really don't think having sex with Charlie ranks as important, but it could be.

greybeard

I didn't say No. I asked how you would interpret that.

Look at Jupiter, which is You.
He is doubly dignified (rising, in domicile) but retrograde. Mars applies to the trine (9°) from 9th. How will we interpret that?

Last edited:

ChildOfVenus

You get 1 Question per chart...plus other questions that proceed from the original question.

Ok, so what does it mean when both of the sigs for the querent is in the same house that the question is about? For example, with this chart, I asked whether or not my friend and I would talk again. The ASC is in Scorpio so that means I'm Pluto and she's Mercury in the 9th house. Both of my sigs are in the 3rd house which is Pluto and the Moon.

Attachments

• talk.jpg
    talk.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 23

ChildOfVenus

Muddled thinking, muddled life.

The purpose of horary astrology is not "to answer questions", but to provide sound guidance as we meet life's important situations.

I really don't think having sex with Charlie ranks as important, but it could be.

Sorry, I agree it's not THAT important but I do like sex I don't know why. I don't have a heavy 5th house but I do have a heavy 8th house with Mercury there. I think about sex a lot enough if I don't do it lol.

greybeard

In natal charts I use the 8th for "sex and sexuality". Also vital in analyzing sexuality are Venus, Mars and Pluto.

To the 5th I reserve "lovers and love affairs".

I don't know why you like sex. Maybe you should consult a psychiatrist.

ChildOfVenus

In natal charts I use the 8th for "sex and sexuality". Also vital in analyzing sexuality are Venus, Mars and Pluto.

To the 5th I reserve "lovers and love affairs".

I don't know why you like sex. Maybe you should consult a psychiatrist.

Just because I like sex doesn’t mean I’m crazy. That’s part of being a human being. The 8th house is about sex, transformation, rebirth etc.

ChildOfVenus

I didn't say No. I asked how you would interpret that.

Look at Jupiter, which is You.
He is doubly dignified (rising, in domicile) but retrograde. Mars applies to the trine (9°) from 9th. How will we interpret that?

I said no because I read somewhere that if the sign changes before it make an aspect it means no.

ElenaJ

You get 1 Question per chart...plus other questions that proceed from the original question.

Exactly.
A horary in effect is the birth of a question in your mind. The moment when a question pops into your head, is the birth of that idea, and in the chart for that moment we can see the answer to the question.
If you have another question, you won't find the answer in the previous chart, unless, as Greybeard says, it's a question that is a result of or related to the first question.
Otherwise, you could ask one question in your life, and just continue looking at it for answers to endless questions, for years! But it doesn't work that way.

And, very important, as was written earlier, the question has to be clearly stated, so that the houses and the significators can be identified correctly.
Otherwise, it won't be a true answer, and it will be useless to the person who asked.