How Aquarians relate to other zodiac signs

unique_astrology

I don't have sexual predations ...

The last part of my post was purposely outrageous in order to elicit a response from you. I have posted numerous times (on this site and others) that I do not believe there are astrological signatures for anything. Thankfully or there would be multiples of the world's most infamous people of all stripes. The points I posted about in your chart are also in the charts of others in the world and not all, if even any, of you are predators.

There are less than 6 hours of difference between Neil Diamond's birth time and mine and we have had very different lives with the largest different chart body placement being that of the Moon - making all aspects between planets and the Sun in our charts virtually the same except for those using the Moon's.

But you have not answered which birth time is correct.

Last edited:

ashriia

The last part of my post was purposely outrageous in order to elicit a response from you. I have posted numerous times (on this site and others) that I do not believe there are astrological signatures for anything.

Im glad you pointed out the midpoint. Motivated me to pull up the chart to have a look even if you dont believe in signatures, i sure do. And i spend too much time researching them.

Mars is retrograde in the chart however.
Looks like more related to thinking or speech with saturn also around.

waybread

Unique_Astrology, I would put it that there are astrological signatures in nativities, but they don't work 100% of the time. Some (like professional boxers having Mars square Pluto) are so weak that they don't belong in astrology. Others (like sun opposite Pluto people having a dysfunctional relationship with their father) show up a lot, but not 100%. I view signatures more like a statistical measure: usually but not always.

And then we deal with so many variables. Typically two planets in aspect don't stand alone, but get pinged by something else. Then does it matter what is the orb? If there's a fixed star in the mix? It gets pretty crazy-making. Which is why in a chart-reading I'd rather say something like, "People with your aspect often feel like....."

Your work is so much more precise than mine, so I don't discount the likelihood that at the level at which you analyse charts, some of the cruder popular delineations would just disappear.

Lykenized, I certainly wasn't trying to set you off. On a public forum,even a post directed at one individual is always available and open to all to read or to respond to if they wish. Also, I qualified my statements about Aqua-suns by noting that a lot of water in the chart would make a difference. Which is why opening up a chart to include additional factors is so important to understanding what makes people tick.

I recall a thread about Aquarius suns a few years back at Astrodienst, where a lot of us chimed in. Many recalled an experience (that I had as a child in about the 3rd grade) of desperately wanting friends and to fit into a small group, but developing the strategy of aloofness when this didn't work out so well. When this was clearly going badly, I decided that my self-esteem was worth something (or however a 3rd-grader would have put it) and developed what I now see as the gifts of solitude. This kind of independence has been really helpful on many occasions. However, I think Aquarian independence would be developed at different ages and stages for different people.

I've been married for a long time, so obviously I think cuddles are great. When other people are really inconsistent, such that I no longer know where I stand with them, I try to be cordial to them, but just not to depend upon them.

Last edited:

Lykanized

Lykenized, I certainly wasn't trying to set you off. On a public forum,even a post directed at one individual is always available and open to all to read or to respond to if they wish. Also, I qualified my statements about Aqua-suns by noting that a lot of water in the chart would make a difference. Which is why opening up a chart to include additional factors is so important to understanding what makes people tick.

I recall a thread about Aquarius suns a few years back at Astrodienst, where a lot of us chimed in. Many recalled an experience (that I had as a child in about the 3rd grade) of desperately wanting friends and to fit into a small group, but developing the strategy of aloofness when this didn't work out so well. When this was clearly going badly, I decided that my self-esteem was worth something (or however a 3rd-grader would have put it) and developed what I now see as the gifts of solitude. This kind of independence has been really helpful on many occasions. However, I think Aquarian independence would be developed at different ages and stages for different people.

I've been married for a long time, so obviously I think cuddles are great. When other people are really inconsistent, such that I no longer know where I stand with them, I try to be cordial to them, but just not to depend upon them.
It didn't set me off I just really didn't understand the point you were trying to make when I was doing exactly the same thing the OP was doing

I don't think viewing things elementally is gonna yield the most accurate of analyses. I myself am heavy water-Earth but I'm not necessarily a warm person. I'm more still waters run deep. I love people and am a humanitarian, but I'm not an openly warm person and have a hard time expressing my deep love, and that's very much in contrast with the Aquarian who always demanded snuggles who was actually very fire and Aqua based rather than water based

I'm very aloof myself as well as independent but I don't think it's really a good thing. I need to anchor myself in people more. I can be much too cut off from people. So elements can be very very misleading

In all, I really just don't see why you were telling ME to look into whole charts when the OP themselves wasn't doing that

Look, all I'm doing here is writing about how I as a Cancer get on with Aquarians I've met just like the Aquarian in the OP is doing with various other signs. They didn't bother to analyze the rest of the charts of the people in their examples, so I'm not either. My experiences are as valid as the OPs even without looking into the rest of the charts. So I really don't understand your point

To me, Aquarians just come off as wishy washy, nonsensical, and not knowing what they want. That's exactly the same kind of analysis the OP gave to various other signs. It's a given that this is all on a sun sign basis. That's the precedent the OP set, not me

For the third time, my sun and Merc are in the 11th house so I'm willing to accept I probably have some of those characteristics of Aquarians myself

Last edited:

david starling

The last part of my post was purposely outrageous in order to elicit a response from you. I have posted numerous times (on this site and others) that I do not believe there are astrological signatures for anything. Thankfully or there would be multiples of the world's most infamous people of all stripes. The points I posted about in your chart are also in the charts of others in the world and not all, if even any, of you are predators.

There are less than 6 hours of difference between Neil Diamond's birth time and mine and we have had very different lives with the largest different chart body placement being that of the Moon - making all aspects between planets and the Sun in our charts virtually the same except for those using the Moon's.

But you have not answered which birth time is correct.

But six hours changes the Houses about 90 degrees. And, the Asc is a crucial significator. Still, the outside environmental influence IS incredibly important. That can open and close the doors of opportunity.

unique_astrology

With signatures every member of all multiple births (and all babies born on the same day) should have the same lives in many ways. Hello. Ted Bundy.

waybread

It didn't set me off I just really didn't understand the point you were trying to make when I was doing exactly the same thing the OP was doing

I don't think viewing things elementally is gonna yield the most accurate of analyses. I myself am heavy water-Earth but I'm not necessarily a warm person. I'm more still waters run deep. I love people and am a humanitarian, but I'm not an openly warm person and have a hard time expressing my deep love, and that's very much in contrast with the Aquarian who always demanded snuggles who was actually very fire and Aqua based rather than water based

I'm very aloof myself as well as independent but I don't think it's really a good thing. I need to anchor myself in people more. I can be much too cut off from people. So elements can be very very misleading

In all, I really just don't see why you were telling ME to look into whole charts when the OP themselves wasn't doing that

Look, all I'm doing here is writing about how I as a Cancer get on with Aquarians I've met just like the Aquarian in the OP is doing with various other signs. They didn't bother to analyze the rest of the charts of the people in their examples, so I'm not either. My experiences are as valid as the OPs even without looking into the rest of the charts. So I really don't understand your point

To me, Aquarians just come off as wishy washy, nonsensical, and not knowing what they want. That's exactly the same kind of analysis the OP gave to various other signs. It's a given that this is all on a sun sign basis. That's the precedent the OP set, not me

For the third time, my sun and Merc are in the 11th house so I'm willing to accept I probably have some of those characteristics of Aquarians myself

OK, OK. I don't get why you take my posts so personally. I could just as easily have addressed my posts to CapAquaPisces, but you seemed to be more unhappy about how you interpret people via sun signs. Perhaps I was mistaken, but ultimately, does it matter whom I addressed? CAP or anybody can read and respond to my same posts. It doesn't matter if I address you or anybody else on this thread, with the points I was making.

Re: Aquarius and the 11th house somehow being interchangeable.

I've been studying astrology for 28 years, and have been interacting on this and another forum for 11 years, but no doubt I still have lots to learn.

But one thing I can tell you is that the modern popular conflation of signs and houses by-the-numbers is a poor idea, except in certain circumstances like medical astrology. Aquarius=the 11th house gets downright crazy-making, once you start working with the actual sign(s) in your 11th house and house cusp rulers. So no, having a tenanted 11th house confers no insights into the sign of Aquarius. Your actual 11th house sign(s) and planets will, however, say a lot about your friendships and hopes and wishes for the future.

Again (to whomever is reading) staying with sun signs as the be-all and end-all of personality limits how far one can advance astrologically; and thus how far one can use astrology to understand other people. Each of us is so much more than an "Aquarian" or a "Cancer," and a whole-chart analysis shows this.

In a relationship, sun signs alone are not very helpful because even if people have their suns in "compatible" signs, you really need a solid trine or sextile-- by degrees-- for actual sun compatibility. Otherwise, if the suns are really out-of-orb you can end up with a stressful semi- or sesqui-square in synastry.

Of course, sun signs are really important. They indicate one's identity or sense of self. If another person just cannot get one's own sense of self, it's hard to sustain a committed relationship (unless the composite chart is super-strong, notwithstanding.)

The elements have been used in astrology since ancient times. They've withstood the test of time in horoscope readings for 2000 years, so no need for me to justify them. Please note that water and earth do not in and of themselves connote personal warmth. Scorpio is a water sign and Capricorn is an earth sign, for example. And while Scorpio is known for intensity and neither is seen as a warm, fuzzy sign.

It's important not to misunderstand what the elements tell us before concluding they don't work. What they show us is a kind of motivation, or as Stephen Arroyo put it, what is very real to different people.

Also, with people who have had a tough childhood or a lot of hard knocks in life, each sign has a kind of coping strategy. Cancer can hide behind its shell, the Lion can retreat to its den to lick its wounds. Pisces can resort to a martyr complex, or want to be the universal saviour of damaged people. And so on.

Of course, it's always possible that anyone with any sun sign can be immature, insensitive, confused, rude, lonely, and so on. With over 600 million Aquarians on the planet, Mr. Cuddles may not have been exactly representative.

Lykanized

The other thing I notice about Aquarians is that they're a lot more sensitive than they let on. On the surface, they seem aloof, but internally, they're squishy as hell. Since Cancers are very perceptive and intuitive, it strains a relationship when we can see such truths and will act accordingly to them, but the Aquarian is in denial
Cancers are very much the opposite where we seem more sensitive than we actually are. Since we deal with the emotional tides of the moon and ocean daily, we're very strong emotional creatures

waybread

Lykenized, there is no need to get aggressive and hostile. My advice to people who dislike my posts is simply not to read them. So feel free to take your own advice.

My information is more valuable than you realize. I don't claim credit for it, incidentally. It's a distillation of many years of horoscope reading and study of some well-known astrologers, like it or not. Hopefully it will be helpful to anyone else participating on this thread.

Best wishes, W.

Lykanized

And about elements... It's just very superficial to associate water signs with being cuddly and whatever. That was my point. When I mentioned how the Aquarian was needy and cuddly, you mentioned water. That's superficial. He also wasn't a very watery guy so you were also wrong. Water isn't about being needy and cuddly. It's a lot deeper than that and a water sign may come off just as aloof as you imagine Aquarians coming off(which I also rarely find to be the case)

Water runs much deeper than that. Like I notice with many Aquarian artists they may be original, but their work lacks depth or soul or unless there's water, or spark or spirit unless there's fire. But generally, it's just lacking in depth

Last edited:

unique_astrology

... I'm not gonna assume you're replying to someone else or the ******* Bobadook or something lol

Pray tell, what is a "******* Bobadook"?

Bob

Attachments

• a chart.jpg
    a chart.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 42

Syrus

Banned
I said this many times before in the forum I belonged to in the last 6.5 years, Im a sun and moon Aquarius, and not exactly sure which sign I relate to the best or the most.

With Aries, some astrologers said it's a good match, Aquarians like powerful self-confident alpha people, but Aries are easily prone to anger and temper.

Aries are powerful self-confident alpha people though. While they have a temper, they tend to move on quickly and not hold grudges. It's pretty lit to see in action.

Osamenor

Staff member
All,

This is an astrology thread, not a chat thread. Stick to astrology only. I've deleted MANY non-astrological posts from this thread. A good number of them also violated our rule to keep it PG.

Astrology only, appropriately,
Osamenor

david starling

I'd say, Aquarians relate honestly and openly, whether they're being friendly, antagonistic, or neutral.
Some similarity to how Sagittarius relates, minus the blunt, insightful criticisms.

Last edited:

Lykanized

Lykenized, there is no need to get aggressive and hostile. My advice to people who dislike my posts is simply not to read them. So feel free to take your own advice.

My information is more valuable than you realize. I don't claim credit for it, incidentally. It's a distillation of many years of horoscope reading and study of some well-known astrologers, like it or not. Hopefully it will be helpful to anyone else participating on this thread.

Best wishes, W.
Since it was deleted for some reason, take your own advice and also, if you have issues with people talking sun sign astrology, be more rational and address the OP, not me. Thanks. Just helping you make more sense in the future

Since you addressed me, I'd have to say you took my post personally but that's not my problem

david starling

Since it was deleted for some reason, take your own advice and also, if you have issues with people talking sun sign astrology, be more rational and address the OP, not me. Thanks. Just helping you make more sense in the future

Since you addressed me, I'd have to say you took my post personally but that's not my problem

Can one be "Aquarian" from the Asc or Moon placements? Or, Sun only?

Lykanized

I honestly have no idea of her placements but can't really guess why she'd address me personally rather than the OP if she wasn't Aquarian somehow