Need a New Job – Time of Change?

Cypocryphy

Dear Community:

I'm looking for any insight into when I'll have a career change. I've decided to follow my heart and soul path and am geared to make a massive change. If you'd like additional information, I can provide it. But here are the charts that can help.

Attachments

• Solar Return plus Natal 2017.jpg
    Solar Return plus Natal 2017.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 25
  • Solar Return 2018.jpg
    Solar Return 2018.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 26
  • Natal, Prog, Tran.jpg
    Natal, Prog, Tran.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 21
  • Natal Prog Trans 2018.jpg
    Natal Prog Trans 2018.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 21
  • Natal plus Solar Arc 2018.jpg
    Natal plus Solar Arc 2018.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

Cypocryphy

I am bumping this up. I know there are some good astrologers skulking about in the shadows. haha. Just teasing. But I REALLY need help and a different perspective.

Take for example my solar return for 17/18; it's either that or 16/17 but the 12th houses align. Do you know what that has meant for me? I don't want to say because I am hoping that some astrologers will be general so I can be sure that they are pointed in the right direction, then I will provide details. I have added every chart possible except for traditional astrology. I might try to do that. But that would have to be from my own software, so it might be best for someone to use their own if that route is taken.

But I really need help. If you can tell me about what's happened in the last 12 months, then I know you'll be able to tell me about the future.

Attachments

• astro_2ata_cypocryphy.70744.29345.jpg
    astro_2ata_cypocryphy.70744.29345.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

muchacho

There will be a major shift next year starting June. Until just recently, you've been running your Venus-Venus Dasha (Venus as 8th lord located in 8th) for the last 3 years. It's a 1/1 combination centered around the 8th house. So that probably was a period full of trouble and things not working out. Interestingly, the day you bumped this thread your Venus-Sun Dasha started. Now, Sun being again located in your 8th, this means that probably not much will change. It's a 1/1 combination again, centered around the 8th house again. But in June next year your Venus-Moon Dasha will start, Moon being your 10th lord, located in the 10th and also located in the 1st in the D-10 chart. So you can expect a major shift there career wise. This will be a 3/11 combination which should turn out as rather productive and profitable.

Cypocryphy

There will be a major shift next year starting June. Until just recently, you've been running your Venus-Venus Dasha (Venus as 8th lord located in 8th) for the last 3 years. It's a 1/1 combination centered around the 8th house. So that probably was a period full of trouble and things not working out. Interestingly, the day you bumped this thread your Venus-Sun Dasha started. Now, Sun being again located in your 8th, this means that probably not much will change. It's a 1/1 combination again, centered around the 8th house again. But in June next year your Venus-Moon Dasha will start, Moon being your 10th lord, located in the 10th and also located in the 1st in the D-10 chart. So you can expect a major shift there career wise. This will be a 3/11 combination which should turn out as rather productive and profitable.

Thank you for taking the time Muchacho. I'm glad to see you are still around. I still haven't got around to learning (in the sense of putting it to good use) Vedic astrology, but I understand what you are saying.

That is interesting that on the day I bumped this chart my Venus-Sun Dasha began.

This is what I feared. I whole year. I cannot wait that long. I won't get into details but I'm too old for 80 hours of work a week and the responsibility that comes from this when not sleeping and not functioning at one's best. To make matters worse, my boss hates me (one of my bosses as I have four bosses all ranked you could say by how much interest he or she has in the company). The boss that hates me has the lowest amount of interest, approximately two percent; nevertheless, she is "a boss" and if she can't fire me as she's been trying to do, she's been spreading lies and doing other things that are questionably legal. That's one reason for needing to go. I have many but will spare you the "book."

I ran into some potential legal trouble back about a year ago, and that can be seen in my 2016/2017 SR chart, with the 12th house being extremely prominent. Now, however, with the 2018 SR, there's a change. Let me see ... I'm looking at progressions. My vacation/absence from work began two weeks from this date. That would make it the 12th of June. (P.S. I didn't make it out unscathed by Neptune reinforcing my Neptune/Sun opposition as I succumbed to smoking cigarettes once this new job started, so drugs entered the picture after a long hiatus, a 15 to 20 year hiatus as I'd go to the gym everyday.)

I'm looking at my progressed charts actually. So this break started on the 12th of June. At that time, Saturn formed a sesqi-square to my MC and transiting Jupiter opposed my natal Jupiter. Let me check on the date that perfected. That was June 18th. Right in the middle. Saturn is retrograde and will come back around to form the same aspect November 18th to form the same aspect. I will either leave around that time or be let go. Jupiter opposed natal Jupiter previously, May 29th; which is likely when I decided no more of this job. Jupiter does this again, going redirect on the 22nd of August.

My progressed chart has planets loading my 8th. On the 28th of May, Jupiter formed a semisquare with my progressed MC. It does this again in August, on the 27th. In my natal chart, Jupiter hits my natal MC right in the middle of Saturn's retrograde movement, forming a square. This is September 27th.

My Sun is not involved in a lot of this. In the beginning of May, my progressed moon opposed my natal MC. So there's some changes in store.

I haven't looked so far ahead as you have but on a cursory view, I can see indications of changes in that area.

The question is can I make it that long? I don't think I can. :sad:

Anyway, thank you for your help

Osamenor

Staff member
Not being Vedic, I don't know dashas. I trust muchacho does.

From a Western (modern) perspective, your current transits and solar return look like a powder keg waiting to explode. You want change. Badly. Some details that bring that up:

- Uranus opposition happening in SR H10/H4, natal H12/H6. Everyone wants change when their Uranus opposition hits. If they don't, if they keep trying to cling to the status quo, that's one way to get a big time midlife crisis.

- North node on natal Mars, while transiting Mars is getting ready to retrograde, refracting from opposition to natal Mars, and progressed Mars is in H10. Seems like some energy in career field, and a sense of really champing at the bit.

- Solar arc Uranus in opposition to natal Sun. Could be a desire for change in who you are, or believe you are... but then, SA Uranus is also conjunct natal Neptune. Perhaps you really don't know what kind of change you want, or have visions and ideals of change that aren't realistic.

But, it seems to me that the real impetus for change is coming from a desire to turn more attention to home, personal life, family, or just plain inner life. Mars is retrograding in your third house, suggesting slowdown and redo in that area. Progressed moon just crossed your IC, which means the fourth house part of your life really needs attention. You mentioned not being able to sustain 80 hour weeks anymore.

Realistically, to change careers, you have to start setting things in motion before you actually make the switch. What ideas do you have for a new career?What have you done so far to set the stage for a career change?

All this "need a change now!" energy could be put into efforts to make a change. Perhaps it will take about a year to really get going with a new career, but that doesn't mean you can't start change now.

Cypocryphy

Osamenor (just dawned on me that that's Latin for little bear); anyway, congratulations on your promotion but, more importantly, thank you for the reply. :happy: So you think that it'll be a year, too?

From a Western (modern) perspective, your current transits and solar return look like a powder keg waiting to explode. You want change. Badly. Some details that bring that up:

- Uranus opposition happening in SR H10/H4, natal H12/H6. Everyone wants change when their Uranus opposition hits. If they don't, if they keep trying to cling to the status quo, that's one way to get a big time midlife crisis.

Yeah. This is kind of a midlife crisis. I've been trying to survive at the expense of my inner happiness. I want to do what I dreamed of doing and what I went and spent so much money on education for: environmental law. I am meant to be doing that.

- North node on natal Mars, while transiting Mars is getting ready to retrograde, refracting from opposition to natal Mars, and progressed Mars is in H10. Seems like some energy in career field, and a sense of really champing at the bit.

Yes. This is what I feel like. I feel like I'm getting stuck in an area of law that I never wanted to practice. And I don't care for half the people there. And one in particular is psychotic. Will spend her nights scheming on how to make mine sleepless. I'm not exaggerating. It's time to follow my dream or my path---they are one and the same.

- Solar arc Uranus in opposition to natal Sun. Could be a desire for change in who you are, or believe you are... but then, SA Uranus is also conjunct natal Neptune. Perhaps you really don't know what kind of change you want, or have visions and ideals of change that aren't realistic.

Yes. Neptune and following my dream. I think that's what it signifies.

But, it seems to me that the real impetus for change is coming from a desire to turn more attention to home, personal life, family, or just plain inner life.

Yeah. That's out the window. Impossible to have a normal life. This is not good for my girlfriend. I have to find a way to make it work, and I can only see that happeninng by getting a better job that I'd be happy with.

Mars is retrogading in your third house, suggesting slowdown and redo in that area. Progressed moon just crossed your IC, which means the fourth house part of your life really needs attention. You mentioned not being able to sustain 80 hour weeks anymore.

Yeah. It's not realistic. No one can do that indefinitely. My home life is changing and for the worse so long as this continues.

Realistically, to change careers, you have to start setting things in motion before you actually make the switch. What ideas do you have for a new career?What have you done so far to set the stage for a career change?

I have started. I've refreshed that area of the law and looked at anew, with the changes in regulations. I spent a week doing this, relearning in a sense. But I know this stuff already. Just rusty.

All this "need a change now!" energy could be put into efforts to make a change. Perhaps it will take about a year to really get going with a new career, but that doesn't mean you can't start change now.

Yeah. But do you see a change sooner than this? I can't imagine a whole year. I'm not changing careers so to speak, just an area of practice. What about my current solar return? That looks promising. Doesn't it?

Also, when do you think I got this current job? Massive points if you can find that. :wink:

Thank you so much for this! You and Muchacho. Thank you :happy:

Osamenor

Staff member
Osamenor (just dawned on me that that's Latin for little bear);)
Spanish, actually, and it's the name of a particular little bear. My avatar shows which little bear that is. Everyone north of the equator can see her if they look up. ;)
anyway, congratulations on your promotion but, more importantly, thank you for the reply. :happy: So you think that it'll be a year, too?
I don't have any specific sense of how long it will take. I see the motive here. Muchacho interpreted the timing. I don't speak Vedic, which is the language he's speaking, so I can't debate it on his terms.

Yeah. But do you see a change sooner than this? I can't imagine a whole year. I'm not changing careers so to speak, just an area of practice. What about my current solar return? That looks promising. Doesn't it?
I don't do much predictive astrology. I can't confidently say when. But, to hazard a guess, based on your recent solar return, I think your job change might be in the bag already. It's just a matter of talking to the right people and uncovering the opportunity that's right under your nose.

Here's why I say that: you have a lot going on in the SR first house, including moon. That suggests an emotional focus on starting something new. I'm not so sure about how to interpret those first house planets though: all malefics, and all retrograde or about to be. Perhaps that indicates a bit of delay, or something you need to do before the change can move forward. Brushing up your expertise seems right.

There's also a suggestion here that you don't have to do it all by yourself. Lots of seventh house theme in this SR chart: partnership is up for you, and it's big. I'm especially noting your SR Part of Fortune on natal DC, conjunct natal Jupiter. Seems like a partner's resources could be your salvation here.

How serious are you and your girlfriend? Is this a new relationship? Or is it a longterm one, the kind where you're practically married, just not legally? Or anything in between?

Since you're in a relationship, that's the first thing that comes to mind with these partnership indicators. Of course, it could also mean some other kind of partner.

kshantaram

Premium Member
hope observations help adapt and integrate as relevant,
do share-discuss ground feedbacks :

sat these 4-5m retro towards sag opp sun-venus analytical gemini 8th,
tending to distant lands, sun lord 10th for career-recognition,
sun 8th career issues in life, analytical research aptitudes, pharma etc;
family-finances-health-relationship-career under great stress these months;

sat 2.5 yr transit cap opp moon-sat cancer 9th,
cancer-moon inimical-malefic for scorpio asc,
luck-edu-father-travels-health under great emotional stress-delays;
prone to heart-lungs-circulatory health issues;
sat 2nd tending to distant lands,
sat 3rd good for initiative-progress-change in general;
but sun-moon/sat opp causing great stress;
observe fast sat evenings taking milk-fruits or as per custom;
natal sat cancer debilated aspect aries 6th for health-employment;

rahu NNode now 1.5yr transit mars leo 9th,
and later transit moon-sat cancer 9th trine natal rahu debilated scorpio asc,
tending to foreign travels, toxic heart-stomach-lung inflammations;
mars lord 6th for health-employment, mars 9th technical aptitudes,
spirituality through service of mankind;

may wear brown hessonite over pendant for debilated natal rahu;
avoid excessive occult indulgence;

ketu separative SNode transit acq 3rd, seeking change/transfer, accident prone;
pain-injury-surgery arms-shoulders-ears-legs-sciatica etc.
prayers to Christ, offer red flowers at the alter at home thurs evenings;

jup sooner now direct scorpio-rahu asc for research-occult-forensic-alchemy aptitudes,
trine aspect own pisces 5th for luck-edu-romance-children-advisory position;
trine elevated aspect moon-sat cancer 9th for luck-edu-father-travels;
prayers to saint of your faith, offer yellow flowers fri evenings;

natal jup-mer-ketu taurus 7th, aptitudes for poetry, hotel management, banking, cuisine, dentistry, etc;
creative and energetic, extra stubborn; pain-injury-surgery abdominals-liver-dental etc;

sat-ketu-rahu transits seeking change, distant lands and travels;
transit sat opp sun-moon under great stress,
hope jup transit scorpio trine cancer-pisces soothens once direct sooner now;

do ack and share salient pointwise feedbacks, wishing well,

kshantaram

Last edited:

PatAstro

Dear Community:

I'm looking for any insight into when I'll have a career change. I've decided to follow my heart and soul path and am geared to make a massive change. If you'd like additional information, I can provide it. But here are the charts that can help.

Well you don't have to wait. You should do now.
It isn't in progression or transit chart or solar chart.
It is in the natal chart.

You are meant to do the environment law.

Uranus is transiting through your 6th house, means to go ahead because
you know, Uranus represents sudden change and freedom/independent...
Break free from that horrible workplace...

muchacho

Thank you for taking the time Muchacho. I'm glad to see you are still around. I still haven't got around to learning (in the sense of putting it to good use) Vedic astrology, but I understand what you are saying.

That is interesting that on the day I bumped this chart my Venus-Sun Dasha began.

This is what I feared. I whole year. I cannot wait that long. I won't get into details but I'm too old for 80 hours of work a week and the responsibility that comes from this when not sleeping and not functioning at one's best. To make matters worse, my boss hates me (one of my bosses as I have four bosses all ranked you could say by how much interest he or she has in the company). The boss that hates me has the lowest amount of interest, approximately two percent; nevertheless, she is "a boss" and if she can't fire me as she's been trying to do, she's been spreading lies and doing other things that are questionably legal. That's one reason for needing to go. I have many but will spare you the "book."

I ran into some potential legal trouble back about a year ago, and that can be seen in my 2016/2017 SR chart, with the 12th house being extremely prominent. Now, however, with the 2018 SR, there's a change. Let me see ... I'm looking at progressions. My vacation/absence from work began two weeks from this date. That would make it the 12th of June. (P.S. I didn't make it out unscathed by Neptune reinforcing my Neptune/Sun opposition as I succumbed to smoking cigarettes once this new job started, so drugs entered the picture after a long hiatus, a 15 to 20 year hiatus as I'd go to the gym everyday.)

I'm looking at my progressed charts actually. So this break started on the 12th of June. At that time, Saturn formed a sesqi-square to my MC and transiting Jupiter opposed my natal Jupiter. Let me check on the date that perfected. That was June 18th. Right in the middle. Saturn is retrograde and will come back around to form the same aspect November 18th to form the same aspect. I will either leave around that time or be let go. Jupiter opposed natal Jupiter previously, May 29th; which is likely when I decided no more of this job. Jupiter does this again, going redirect on the 22nd of August.

My progressed chart has planets loading my 8th. On the 28th of May, Jupiter formed a semisquare with my progressed MC. It does this again in August, on the 27th. In my natal chart, Jupiter hits my natal MC right in the middle of Saturn's retrograde movement, forming a square. This is September 27th.

My Sun is not involved in a lot of this. In the beginning of May, my progressed moon opposed my natal MC. So there's some changes in store.

I haven't looked so far ahead as you have but on a cursory view, I can see indications of changes in that area.

The question is can I make it that long? I don't think I can. :sad:

Anyway, thank you for your help
Well, honestly, I don't think you need astrological advice. From my perspective all your issues can be solved rather 'easily' because they all basically boil down to just one core issue: you rely too much on (physical) action. But this requires a drastic change in perspective and general approach to life. If you're interested, let me know. I can give you some specific suggestions.

The different Dasha periods with their main periods and sub periods are similar to the chapter and sub-chapter headings of a book. In this case it's the book of your life. So different Dashas usually mean different orientations. When a new Dasha starts, that usually means you begin a new chapter in your life. And it's worth paying attention to what kind of focus each Dasha suggests. If a Dasha period would center around the 10th house, then that would be a time where your mind would naturally be occupied with thoughts of career and advancement. Now, if you should decide during that period to join a spiritual group in order to find yourself, then you are going against the natural flow of events, it will require a lot of discipline and therefore you will probably have a miserable time with no success whatsoever. In your case, the 8th house, that would actually be a good time to take a step back and examine your deeper motivations and beliefs and see if they are in alignment with who you really are. Introspection should come easily and naturally during that period of time. Now, if you should decide that this is the time to advance your career because it's about time that you make some progress, then you can do that, but you will go against the natural flow of events again and everything will require twice as much effort and discipline and probably won't pay off either. Such is the influence of Dashas. There's a time for everything. And currently, it's not the time to advance your career. That time hasn't come yet. But it is coming soon. And when it has come, everything will be easy, it won't require effort or discipline. Now, this doesn't mean that you cannot make progress now, it just means that it won't be easy. Currently other activities are a lot easier.

So from the non-astrological perspective as well as from the astrological perspective there is some re-orientation in order.

Last edited:

Osamenor

Staff member
Well, honestly, I don't think you need astrological advice. From my perspective all your issues can be solved rather 'easily' because they all basically boil down to just one core issue: you rely too much on (physical) action. But this requires a drastic change in perspective and general approach to life. If you're interested, let me know. I can give you some specific suggestions.

The different Dasha periods with their main periods and sub periods are similar to the chapter and sub-chapter headings of a book. In this case it's the book of your life. So different Dashas usually mean different orientations. When a new Dasha starts, that usually means you begin a new chapter in your life. And it's worth paying attention to what kind of focus each Dasha suggests. If a Dasha period would center around the 10th house, then that would be a time where your mind would naturally be occupied with thoughts of career and advancement. Now, if you should decide during that period to join a spiritual group in order to find yourself, then you are going against the natural flow of events, it will require a lot of discipline and therefore you will probably have a miserable time with no success whatsoever. In your case, the 8th house, that would actually be a good time to take a step back and examine your deeper motivations and beliefs and see if they are in alignment with who you really are. Introspection should come easily and naturally during that period of time. Now, if you should decide that this is the time to advance your career because it's about time that you make some progress, then you can do that, but you will go against the natural flow of events again and everything will require twice as much effort and discipline and probably won't pay off either. Such is the influence of Dashas. There's a time for everything. And currently, it's not the time to advance your career. That time hasn't come yet. But it is coming soon. And when it has come, everything will be easy, it won't require effort or discipline. Now, this doesn't mean that you cannot make progress now, it just means that it won't be easy. Currently other activities are a lot easier.

So from the non-astrological perspective as well as from the astrological perspective there is some re-orientation in order.
Based on this excellent post by muchacho, I'm seeing more in my interpretation, and tweaking it a bit:
Here's why I say that: you have a lot going on in the SR first house, including moon. That suggests an emotional focus on starting something new. I'm not so sure about how to interpret those first house planets though: all malefics, and all retrograde or about to be. Perhaps that indicates a bit of delay, or something you need to do before the change can move forward. Brushing up your expertise seems right.
Moon conjunct Pluto suggests an emotional need to go deep, and explore the hidden things that may have been getting in your way. What drives you to act and not take a break? What's fueled your workaholic lifestyle?

Law is notorious for long hours and no work/life balance. People who enter that field are usually people who give short shrift to their personal lives. Working in the law field exacerbates that tendency, but it was typically there in the first place.

Perhaps what's already in the bag is that it would go so much easier for you if you gave some time and space to yourself, to learn what you really need.

Cypocryphy

This is starting to make sense because it sounds realistic. Holy moly. That's a long time to be in this dog **** job I'm in. :sad:

Cypocryphy

Based on this excellent post by muchacho, I'm seeing more in my interpretation, and tweaking it a bit:

Moon conjunct Pluto suggests an emotional need to go deep, and explore the hidden things that may have been getting in your way. What drives you to act and not take a break? What's fueled your workaholic lifestyle?

Law is notorious for long hours and no work/life balance. People who enter that field are usually people who give short shrift to their personal lives. Working in the law field exacerbates that tendency, but it was typically there in the first place.

Perhaps what's already in the bag is that it would go so much easier for you if you gave some time and space to yourself, to learn what you really need.

Yeah. I always go deep. I just need timing. Time for change. I need a way out. This is sad :sad: I know exactly what I want to do. It's just getting there and when.

Cypocryphy

hope observations help adapt and integrate as relevant,
do share-discuss ground feedbacks :

sat these 4-5m retro towards sag opp sun-venus analytical gemini 8th,
tending to distant lands, sun lord 10th for career-recognition,
sun 8th career issues in life, analytical research aptitudes, pharma etc;
family-finances-health-relationship-career under great stress these months;

sat 2.5 yr transit cap opp moon-sat cancer 9th,
cancer-moon inimical-malefic for scorpio asc,
luck-edu-father-travels-health under great emotional stress-delays;
prone to heart-lungs-circulatory health issues;
sat 2nd tending to distant lands,
sat 3rd good for initiative-progress-change in general;
but sun-moon/sat opp causing great stress;
observe fast sat evenings taking milk-fruits or as per custom;
natal sat cancer debilated aspect aries 6th for health-employment;

rahu NNode now 1.5yr transit mars leo 9th,
and later transit moon-sat cancer 9th trine natal rahu debilated scorpio asc,
tending to foreign travels, toxic heart-stomach-lung inflammations;
mars lord 6th for health-employment, mars 9th technical aptitudes,
spirituality through service of mankind;

may wear brown hessonite over pendant for debilated natal rahu;
avoid excessive occult indulgence;

ketu separative SNode transit acq 3rd, seeking change/transfer, accident prone;
pain-injury-surgery arms-shoulders-ears-legs-sciatica etc.
prayers to Christ, offer red flowers at the alter at home thurs evenings;

jup sooner now direct scorpio-rahu asc for research-occult-forensic-alchemy aptitudes,
trine aspect own pisces 5th for luck-edu-romance-children-advisory position;
trine elevated aspect moon-sat cancer 9th for luck-edu-father-travels;
prayers to saint of your faith, offer yellow flowers fri evenings;

natal jup-mer-ketu taurus 7th, aptitudes for poetry, hotel management, banking, cuisine, dentistry, etc;
creative and energetic, extra stubborn; pain-injury-surgery abdominals-liver-dental etc;

sat-ketu-rahu transits seeking change, distant lands and travels;
transit sat opp sun-moon under great stress,
hope jup transit scorpio trine cancer-pisces soothens once direct sooner now;

do ack and share salient pointwise feedbacks, wishing well,

kshantaram

I'll have to parse this out when I have more time. And hindsight might serve you better. So I will come back to this. But do you have a sense of timing for career change?

Very much appreciated as always good friend.

Cypocryphy

By the way, they are punishing me by giving me double the amount of work. Yeah. I'm being punished for taking a medical leave of absence. What do you think about that? What a piece of &%$#$ place. I need out ...

Cypocryphy

I can only see between August and September. That's what I see. But it's not strong. Not like what the charts looked like when I got this job. :mad: