How the natal chart reflects my life

Gilly

Hello guys, this is my first post here. I'm 27 years old guy. The reason why I got interested in astrology was because I've been very unlucky with relationships so far (zero tbh). I'm living in Thailand for 5 years now. And hopes to go to Japan next year for my PhD.
I'm actually concerned about two things in my life. Financial stability and relationships.

I just started experiencing the life of a working man but soon going to throw it away for another 3-4 years of rigorous studies.
Do I have a clear plan of my future ? Not much, I like experiencing different cultures, that's the main reason why I'll go to Japan.

Speaking of relationships, I'm a foreveralone guy. Yes, I stay in Thailand :p.
No dates, not even a kiss. It feels like it's never happening. It's so easy for everyone else but not for me.

I feel like I'm only advancing in a certain area of my life. The other areas feel void and bounded in chains that I can't get myself off of them.

It would be really nice if you can share some of your thoughts on my chart.

Thanks

Attachments

• Inkedastro_w2gw_adrian.25226.154245_LI.jpg
    Inkedastro_w2gw_adrian.25226.154245_LI.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 39

waybread

Welcome to the forum.

I won't bore you with happy-ever-after stories of late bloomers, but many people fit into this category.

I assume you're heterosexual. If not, most of what I say here would still apply, but just think of Venus as the object of your affections, and the moon as mom and your emotional nature. Substitute "gay man" for what I say about women. You also want brains as well as beauty. Fair enough, but are you in a field that doesn't attract a lot of women?

The planet Venus rules love, affection, and women in a general way. More particularly, the 7th house concerns committed relationships, and with the sign of Libra on your 7th house cusp, Venus (planetary ruler of Libra) has a lot to say about your relationships.

The moon is another ruler of women.

Venus looks stressed in your chart. Is it possible that you obsess (Pluto in the 7th) about relationships inside your imagination, to the point where it interferes with your ability to really enjoy the company of a woman who interests you?

With Venus in Leo, your dream girl might be truly glamorous. To the point where, you don't take a second look at a Plain Jane who might be very compatible and loving.

Then I would see you as a workaholic. (Sun quintile Saturn and Pluto.) You're very dedicated to achieving your career goals, to the point where, without a date or a GF, it's simply easier and more justifiable to spend more time on your studies, or to bring work home from the office.

Your chart has a big focus on the 5th house. One of its meanings is recreation and leisure activities. So I wonder if you have some kind of recreational activity that takes up a lot of your time and interest-- but just doesn't get you out in circulation.

I would encourage you to pause and really think through: how do you see women? As some kind of different species? Or as friends, co-workers, and fellow students? I think the best relationships have an element of friendship to them: where he and she are best friends, in addition to the romance.

Have you tried a reputable on-line dating service?

Do you put yourself in situations where you are likely to meet people?

Finally, with that exalted moon in the first house, your mother probably had a big influence on your development. If she did/did not encourage you to date and be social, that would have a big impact on your life now.

Last edited:

Gilly

Thank you for your comment. I answered some of your questions below.

Welcome to the forum.

I won't bore you with happy-ever-after stories of late bloomers, but many people fit into this category.

I assume you're heterosexual. If not, most of what I say here would still apply, but just think of Venus as the object of your affections, and the moon as mom and your emotional nature. Substitute "gay man" for what I say about women. You also want brains as well as beauty. Fair enough, but are you in a field that doesn't attract a lot of women?

Yes, I'm straight. I studied engineering and in the future it'll be about satellites. Not the ideal field to find girls haha

The planet Venus rules love, affection, and women in a general way. More particularly, the 7th house concerns committed relationships, and with the sign of Libra on your 7th house cusp, Venus (planetary ruler of Libra) has a lot to say about your relationships.

The moon is another ruler of women.

Venus looks stressed in your chart. Is it possible that you obsess (Pluto in the 7th) about relationships inside your imagination, to the point where it interferes with your ability to really enjoy the company of a woman who interests you?

With Venus in Leo, your dream girl might be truly glamorous. To the point where, you don't take a second look at a Plain Jane who might be very compatible and loving.

Since I have very few female friends, I do become too obsessed when a girl interests me but it happens rarely. In my undergrad days I had a crush on a Chinese girl. (It didn't work out anyway) And it took me almost 2 years to get her off of my head. Didn't even bat an eye on another girl at that time. I like to have company with girls but I find it difficult to make female friends. Approaching a woman and starting a conversation is not my thing.
And I get attracted to good looking girls, with my approach style it doesn't help at all.

Then I would see you as a workaholic. (Sun quintile Saturn and Pluto.) You're very dedicated to achieving your career goals, to the point where, without a date or a GF, it's simply easier and more justifiable to spend more time on your studies, or to bring work home from the office.

Your chart has a big focus on the 5th house. One of its meanings is recreation and leisure activities. So I wonder if you have some kind of recreational activity that takes up a lot of your time and interest-- but just doesn't get you out in circulation.

I'm a workaholic but not at the extreme end. I don't particularly study always, when I was in university I studied at the last minute but yet got away with good results . I always liked to spend the time alone. Was not into partying or student union stuff. It was like not my circus not my monkeys. I had a circle of few close friends and I spent rest of my time with them.

Not really, I got into photography for a few years now, and a little bit of hiking with my friends. It doesn't take much of my time though. Nowadays I get back from work, workout then watch some movies/music and repeat.

I would encourage you to pause and really think through: how do you see women? As some kind of different species? Or as friends, co-workers, and fellow students? I think the best relationships have an element of friendship to them: where he and she are best friends, in addition to the romance.

I see them as friends. However I have this thought in mind that they are tender and need to be careful with them. May be I look more emotional with them instead of carefree and fun looking.

Have you tried a reputable on-line dating service?

Tried quite a bit. These days I'm using Tinder+ . Then again my expectations are high, and I guess their's the same. Here in TH I think girls mainly look for fair, model like westerners. My looks certainly doesn't help with that.

Do you put yourself in situations where you are likely to meet people?

Started clubbing in the weekends. It's not my thing though. I go to malls and stuff in the weekends as well.

Finally, with that exalted moon in the first house, your mother probably had a big influence on your development. If she did/did not encourage you to date and be social, that would have a big impact on your life now.

When I was really young my father was working in another country, so she brought me up alone. She didn't had much money those days so she had to go through a lot.

waybread

Gilly, thanks for the feedback.

I'm puzzled by a lack of 5th house manifestations: one's children, recreation & leisure. (Flirting, sex-for-fun, and other non-serious love affairs belong here, as well; under the "recreation" department.) A serious committed relationship belongs to the 7th house. The sun gives your identity or sense of self. In what area of life would you say you feel most like your authentic self? Would it be really meaningful to you to become a father?

Are you sure your birth time is correct? Alternatively, some people's lives match up better with a different house system, called whole signs. But this would put your current 5th house planets into the 6th and 7th houses. The 6th also has two primary meanings: illness & health, and the principle of service. Does either of these resonate with you more?

But assuming the Astrodienst default house system, Placidus, works for you, perhaps you could find some compatible recreational/leisure activities in the university where you are studying for your doctorate. They probably have an outdoor recreation club that sponsors weekend hiking, climbing, &c trips, which should be a great way to meet women. (Notably the ones who aren't so fragile.) Ditto for something like a film society. If you are of an Asian background yourself, there may be something like an Asian student society, &c.

There is also something to be said for waiting till the right one comes along.

Gilly

The flirting, sex or non serious love affairs are non-existent until now.
I'm more like a laid back kind of guy who loves to listen to others. I feel at east the most when travelling. Things like nature, mountains, hiking are the stuff that I love the most. The feeling of freedom is very precious to me. That's one reason why I didn't want to start working right away after my bachelors. I didn't want to be constrained by someone else.
I feel like I still lack identity. When I was young like 10 years old I got seriously ill and had spent like 2 months in a hospital. I had some problem with my nerves system and it took few years to completely get back to my old self. I think that loss of time hasn't caught up to me yet. Since then I've become more reserved. Once I started my university I slowly started to change but still I feel like that I haven't been able to truly become myself yet. It might be due to fact that I compare myself with my friends who are engineers and hard working people who've achieved a lot in the past few years.

edited -: About becoming a father : At this time I don't think about being a father. As mentioned above I have a self regret for not being able to do the things I should have done/experienced in the past 7-8 years. May be that's why I wants to marry a much younger girl than I am. I want to live in the youth though I'm already getting close to the middle ages. If I have a child someday, I'd want him to experience the things i couldn't at a much younger age. I want him to learn more about the world/arts/ human society more than school education. At the end of the way we all will somehow able to earn a living, but a good perception of the world is hard to get without proper nurturing.

Yes, my birth time is correct. I'm a Sri Lankan. My parents' generation believe in the astrology a lot. I got the time of my birth from the astrological chart that they have gotten from an astrologer after my birth.

Yes, I'm thinking about that kind of clubs too. Like hiking, trekking and photography and archery (something I wanted to try when go there). I'm going to be the first non Japanese student in their faculty and I think I'm going to get a lot of attention after enrolling their. I'll probably be one of the very few south Asians in my university. I guess it'll have lots of pros and cons.

Thanks a lot for your reply again. I really appreciate it.

Last edited:

Gilly

Since you are only looking for tips, could you be more specific about the kinds of tips you are actually looking for?

I'm looking for tips in two areas.

Financial status : I thought that by 30 I'd be able have a good job with few years of experience and a comfortable lifestyle but now it is like I'll be stuck with studies at least till 31 and won't have a job until then. My expectations of life and reality are way off. I wanted to achieve certain things as a youth but now I've failed. Am I supposed to achieve my goals later in life? I feel like I'll always regret it even if I get them later in life.

Relationships : When I'll have some favorable time for relationships. Not just marriage but even for a casual relationship. I don't see any luck in that area yet even though I'm already 27.

waybread

Good luck, Gilly. I incorrectly assumed you'd be attending university in an English heritage country, but I think the basic principles apply in Japan.

Please post again when you've climbed Mr. Fuji!