Scorpios and the psychology of revenge

deanna

Why do Scorpios or those with a heavy influence of Scorpio in their charts may sometimes use revenge?

I am not seeking to discuss that revenge is wrong or evil. I am not trying to start a negative thread since revenge maybe inappropriate behavior.

I am using this thread to “Ask a Scorpio” and discuss/reveal their thought process about revenge. (that is if you Scorpios out there are willing to open up and share a little):)

Open questions:

What is your definition of revenge?

When is revenge appropriate/necessary?

When is revenge not appropriate/necessary?

What do you think should be to the end result of revenge? What is the goal?

Other thoughts or input on the subject of revenge?

Thank-you for your time and discussion.

-De

Last edited:

gaer

One person's revenge is another person's justice.

People who feel threatened or insecure try to make themselves feel bigger by making other people feel smaller.

I don't believe that Scorpio indicates a greater tendency towards revenge.

In a chart that shows that a person is vindictive, Scorpio may indicate the WAY a person goes about getting revenge. To me it's more a matter of style! ;)

Erickaf

I am a scorpio.:(
What is your definition of revenge?
What the dictionary states, I go with that lol.

When is revenge appropriate/necessary?
ALL Scorpios have a vindictive side. In my case its appropiate when they have humiliated us in way way, take something from us, betrayed us, lied to. Nothing petty

What do you think should be to the end result of revenge? What is the goal?
I feel better when they have felt what I felt.
I want them to regret whatever they did to me.

Other thoughts or input on the subject of revenge?
With my aquarius moon I should be less jealous, vindicative & less possessive. Be more nonchalant about things, I used to be like this when I was in college. But I guess its true what they say we feel our sun sign more when we get older. In my case its true. I am becoming more emotional.
My friend who is a scorpio also, her ex-fiance left her for someone else. She was crushed. She wanted to get revenge somehow but then studied her ex's and g.f.'s composite chart and got so much comfort that their composite chart was a "big old fat mess", this according to her brought her 'peace'. :D This to her was a kind of revenge. I don't want to ruin it for her and tell her that 'hey its just a composite chart' lol.

I will add that revenge is bad. lol. And I dont think a lot of scorpios actually do it. i am sure they think it :)

Last edited:

enigmas

Scorpio seems to understand the darker side of human nature

Shining ray, this is absolutely right! If I have to choose one sentence to describe us I would choose this one. All answears are lieing in this sentence.

memento mori

As someone who has a great deal of scorpios in her life, and has venus and pluto in scorpio, i must say....

it's definitly eye for an eye. if not even more brutal. i think twice vefore doing something against sco... it's that saying "dont wound the king if u cant kill him"... i didnt mind taking revenge or helping my close ones get even. im drawn to the darkness. self destruction. jealousy.

Sometimes it's enough just too see the flaws of the person who wronged u and to hv power over them. Don't need the actual revenge, just the knowlidge that u could if u wanted to

just yesterday i had a clash with a scorpio who has neptune, venus, sun, juno,lilith, vertex in scorpio. it was brutal. but i gues after those clashes, there's just truth left between u, so its worth the pain. im lucky that this one specimen is spiritual, and not too vendictive.

deanna

Wonderful discussion.

Many many thanks to everyone’s incredable insight.

Revenge can also be positive motivational force:

Example: The boss who is very difficult or unfair towards an employee. That employee is motivated to work hard to leave the department to a better job in the company, positioning themselves so that they eventually become the manger of that manager that did them wrong.

[FONT=&quot]The form of the revenge maybe lies with the evolution form of the Scorpio between the Scorpion, Eagle and [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Phoenix[/FONT][FONT=&quot].

[/FONT] -De

Last edited:

enigmas

do not forget that socpio people can be enormuous spiritual people, helaers and aslo can be real devils! And again bouth of them are so similar...people are saying: there is a thin line betwen love and hate...I can say something similar for scorpio people
You know...higher or low level...

deanna

Some ideas on the thought process behind it:

Its not:

Ill show you! (Leave that to the fire signs. Scorpio don’t prove themselves to anyone)

or

You need to be taught a lesson! (Leave that to the air signs. Scorpios feel that others need to figure it out for themselves)

As we know years can pass before revenge is taken. The Scorpion does not even need to see the results or reaction when it occurs. Just the knowledge of some form of revenge has occured is all they need sometimes.

True thoughts from a Scorpio:

Erickaf said:
I feel better when they have felt what I felt.
Thus is the action/reaction of a water sign in Pluto.

Last edited:

Shadowflash

Hi Deanna,

And hello to Everyone here; nice to meet you. Though I've monitored this forum occasionally this is my first post...

...and being such a Plutonian soul, of course, no surprise this is the thread that would finally pull me in... *grin* For anyone interested, my birth data is as follows: 11/16/1956, 10:47 PM, South Haven, Michigan USA...

Revenge, eh? Here's my thoughts.

The way I understand Pluto, Scorpio's ruler, is that it governs the entire realm of anything we would describe as "power" vis-a-vis the realm of "control" and the whole process of discovering the difference between the two within our experience. While we all have our own unique definitions for those words, I think we would all agree they are bantered about fairly casually and are often seen as interchangeable. Thus the need for Pluto's
notably nongentle tutoring. LOL.

And yes, I'll preface all this by noting that I'm coming from what could be called an *organically spiritual* orientation; one that believes and acknowledges that we are all here to *grow* soul-wise, and to, in our own perfect timing and style of doing so, come around to engaging the type of self-awareness lessons defined by such differentiations as those between power and control.

To take a feeling of hurt or humiliation or of being dissed, and shape that feeling into a *bullet* of sorts, to then be flung back to the person that hurt came from...my loose definition of "revenge"...will never, ever accomplish anything *but* ensuring that that same bullet will return to the one flinging it. The illusion that by managing some sort of "retaliation" for being hurt, we are somehow affirming our Control of the situation...of our pain at being treated so...is wholly understandable, in human-emotional terms, but in Bigger-Picture (what we might call wholistic or spiritual) terms, no matter how rationalized or justified or self-righteous we might *feel* in offering "retaliation or revenge," of its very nature that can never, EVER actually comprise a stance of *true Power*. The realm of True Power lives entirely outside the scope of "polarities," of the unconscious-human reflex of trying to "gain control" via the eternal boomerang of one-up-manship. That cause/effect chain that never, ever goes anywhere but into a downward spiral of unconscious violence. Buddhists define that True Power realm in one way; other angles of spirituality define it in their own respective ways; but the core as I've discerned it could be simply called "The Only Way to Win is Not to Play."

So in brief...although I have enormous empathy (and a great deal of experiential mileage under my belt) for the whole predicament we're speaking of...like, oh, what to DO with all that intensity of feeling, if we're not gonna reactively fling it back at someone in hurt or anger; those gnarly little details...LOL...I do not believe that, ultimately, revenge or retailiation is *ever* "justified," except within the lessermost aspects of our nature; again, ultimately, it will only serve to Return and smack us upside our own heads... Just FWIW...

Love, S.

deanna

Greetings Shadowflash !

Many warm welcomes on your first post to this forum!

Thank-you for joining and giving great insight to your thoughts on this subject.

Shadowflash said:
..no matter how rationalized or justified or self-righteous we might *feel* in offering "retaliation or revenge," of its very nature that can never, EVER actually comprise a stance of *true Power*.
How wonderfully said!

-De

gaer

Erickaf said:
I am a scorpio.:(
I have to ask you and other people here a very important question: What is "a Scorpio"?

If you are going by Sun-sign astrology, that means that you have Sun in Scorpio.

But you could also be talking about Scorpio Moon, Scorpio ascendant, or several planets in Scorpio. :)

gaer

enigmas said:
I have stelij in scorpio...moon/rx mercury/uran...there is also saturn

p.s. but this is due to sidreal
Doesn't that mean that most of these planets would be in another sign using the tropical zodiac?

memento mori

yop. my scorpio planets are in libra using sidereal. try it out, it was fun for me. i actually wish that the sidereal is my tropical chart :D

autumnleaf

I have Venus, Mercury, Sun and Neptune in Scorpio. As a kid, revenge was best served with physical violence. I learned, while still a kid, that violence doesn't solve anything. It only made things worse for me. Over the years I have slowly learned the art of not reacting right away, which is extremely difficult for me. When someone is pushy, in my face, rude, they want their own way, I know that given enough time, and rope, they will trip themselves up. I don't have to manipulate a thing. I've learned to use my intuition. I can see exactly how something will play itself out if I just sit back and watch and not try to make something happen to them. So instead of wasting my time and energy trying to help out a negative person who won't listen anyway. I let them have their way and get my satisfaction/revenge by watching them fall exactly as I intuitively foresaw.

gaer

autumnleaf said:
I have Venus, Mercury, Sun and Neptune in Scorpio.
I have Mercury and Mars in Scorpio, and Uranus in Cancer, which adds to the water. (Also, for those who use it, Chiron in Scorpio).

I really relate to what you say below:
As a kid, revenge was best served with physical violence. I learned, while still a kid, that violence doesn't solve anything. It only made things worse for me.
I did this as a kid too. I have Mars square Pluto. When I wasn't swinging, I was too quick with my mouth, and I wasn't big, so sometimes I wonder how I lived to the age of 18 without getting killed!
Over the years I have slowly learned the art of not reacting right away, which is extremely difficult for me. When someone is pushy, in my face, rude, they want their own way, I know that given enough time, and rope, they will trip themselves up. I don't have to manipulate a thing. I've learned to use my intuition.
THAT is the great Scorpio strength, knowing more about others than they know about "us". I'm not a revengeful person. Doing things that are mean, even if justified, poisons me. But I will do what I need to do to protect myself and others. So I know about weaknesses, and it's something automatic.
I can see exactly how something will play itself out if I just sit back and watch and not try to make something happen to them. So instead of wasting my time and energy trying to help out a negative person who won't listen anyway. I let them have their way and get my satisfaction/revenge by watching them fall exactly as I intuitively foresaw.
:)

Again, it's all a matter of semantics. I call it JUSTICE when people get exactly what they deserve!

Shadowflash

Er...not sure if I've got this Forum's structure for posting down yet; looks like everything's chronological, and that to respond to Deanna's post specifically I'd just have to post "in line" and assume she'll see it...yes?

Thank you so much for your kind words and warm welcome, Deanna! Don't have a lot of time to indulge in reading as much as I'd like to, here; sure seems like many different and wise angles of experience are represented and it'll be nice to take it all in, as I'm able...

Namaste!

autumnleaf

gaer said:
I have Mercury and Mars in Scorpio, and Uranus in Cancer, which adds to the water. (Also, for those who use it, Chiron in Scorpio).

I really relate to what you say below:

I did this as a kid too. I have Mars square Pluto. When I wasn't swinging, I was too quick with my mouth, and I wasn't big, so sometimes I wonder how I lived to the age of 18 without getting killed!

THAT is the great Scorpio strength, knowing more about others than they know about "us". I'm not a revengeful person. Doing things that are mean, even if justified, poisons me. But I will do what I need to do to protect myself and others. So I know about weaknesses, and it's something automatic.

:)

Again, it's all a matter of semantics. I call it JUSTICE when people get exactly what they deserve!

I can so relate to what you just said. :rotflmao: I don't know how I've lived as long as I have either. I have a mouth and I tend to speak before I think, hence foot-in-mouth syndrome. :eek: You're **** right it's justice when people get what they deserve! ;)

I have Mars sesquisquare Pluto, 3rd and 11th houses. This is one of those aspects I would have to read up on to see how it may color things for me. I was told long ago that this is one of those "lesser aspects" that gets overridden by a stronger one so they don't count. So I never bothered to check them out, but I will now coz I'm curious. :69: