Recent Cancer diagnosis and Pregnancy question

Maxie

Hello all,

I was wondering if any of you lovely people would offer any insight into my Horray question: Should I delay my hysterectomy to try and have a baby?

Here is some background info;

I was recently unexpectedly diagnosed with ovarian cancer in one of my ovaries. I was lucky in the sense the diagnosis came only after the removal of what appeared to be a large normal looking ovarian cyst. So as yet it is stage one cancer.

I am 41 and don't have any children (I just thought there was time, with lots of older women having children late in our generation).
After the Cancer news, I was so shocked and even though the consultant said the minimum we would do is to remove the infected ovary, i agreed to a full hysterectomy out of fear of C and loosing my life.

Obviously i have discussed this with doctors and they say they can only advise me. CT scans show it has not yet spread but CT cant be 100% accurate. My Partner wants me to put my health first yet i wonder if there is a chance to have the infected ovary removed and then have IVF and a baby or it the risk just too big. I only ask for your honest opinions on the chart.

To me, I am the moon in baron Sag, Pregnancy is Mars also in 1st degree in baron Gemini.There is an Opposition (going against) and it is also separating.

Me ( the moon) only has one applying aspect to Saturn ruler of the 7th and 8th. So does that mean my life and partner are more important right now.

I have already thought about surrogacy, using either his sperm or my egg and sperm if I have time to do this before the op.

Thank you

Attachments

• Astro.jpg
    Astro.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 41

IleneK

Premium Member
Hi, Maxie.

I am sorry to hear about this.

With you/Moon separating from Mars, ruler of the 5th, the prospect for carrying your own child may have passed. The later rising point suggests that on some level, at least, you already know it.

Moon, as the unfolding of the matter, applying in exact aspect to Saturn points to obstacles regarding the specific question of delaying surgery to try to have a baby. So I would not choose that option..

Your doctors can advise you if the use or stimulation of hormones for IVF may worsen your cancer. I would rely on their advice in terms of the safest path you can take.

Maxie

Hi.

Thank you for taking the time to answer my question. I really appreciate it.
Tomorrow I have a meeting with the consultant to discuss options with risks further and also about freezing eggs with partners sperm. Thanks again

Maxie

Update:

Today following a consultation With consultant. I have learnt that the only reason they suggested a full hysterectomy (removal of womb, tubes and ovaries) was that they assumed as I agreed to to initial surgery I had no interest I having children. He (the consultant) told me that removing or not removing my womb will have no impact on my prognosis. 🤞🏻😁

So I have been referred to a fertility hospital W where my options will be discussed further and more in depth.

I may not have many things. But I so believe in hope. It may not be possible for me. Yet I now I will have explores all options.

Thanks again xx