The peculiarity of a Libra Ascendant

Eight

This is a really old post. Anyway, I found it by acident and for some reason I feel like answering.

I have all my chart reversed, asc in Libra. I feel that every area of my life is functioning in the opposite way it should. for example, in the 7th house usually known for partenership or marrige house (correct me if I'm wrong) I tend to act as an Aries would do, I'm not sure why I do that, I'm just pushed to be assertive, always right and ready to fight for my opinion (almost like a competition), while with my friends I work the other way.

I have Leo in the 11th house (usually known as the house of friends and hopes), being reversed I behave as a Leo would, I want to be the center of attention and want to give love and be loved (which as you know, not always works that way so I tend to give a lot of love to be adored and end up hurting myself for the attetion I'm not getting, It's never enough)

Of course I could explain every house from this point of view but I think I've made my point. It's a good think I know myself so well. My partner hates how I treat my friends better than him, I just can't help.. of course I love him better.

Last edited:

nyangeloxo

I have this same placement as well and I absolutely love it !
With friends I naturally love being the center of attention, in social situations I happily float around with ease, etc.
Its a great flow, opposites working together to produce an authentically balanced energy.

hebrewlaborer

Account Closed
I have this too. It seems the general lesson that we have to face with Libra Ascendant is balancing everything. With the houses switched with their ruling signs, we can take either option, either road, either mode of behaviour. We can be the Aries or the Libra, the Taurus or the Scorpio, etc, because we have Libra in the house of Aries, Scorpio in the house of Taurus, Capricorn in the house of Cancer, etc. We have a unique ability to blend, balance and merge the qualities and tools of both signs.

For example, with Capricorn in the 4th house, we are Capricorn personalities in our homes and families. With Cancer in the 10th house, we are Cancerian personalities in our careers and our professional lives. With Aries in the 7th, we need independence in relationships and we need a partner who keeps the energy and passion of the relationship alive - we don't do well with passive types, we NEED Aries/Mars/Scorpio type people.

It's important for us in particular to remember that the sign is "what" and the house is "where" - this rule applies to every chart.
So Libra is diplomacy, beauty, peacekeeper, justice, balance, and it's in the 1st house - so the mask is a diplomatic and beautiful peacekeeping one - but the person is actually whatever is behind that mask. The mask isn't the person themselves. That's my idea of the Ascendant/1st house anyway.

Aries is independence, passion, courage, determination, ambition. In the 7th, we need passionate relationships. We are also ambitious about our relationships and sometimes our courage comes from other people.

waybread

This is an interesting interpretation, but please keep in mind that signs and houses do not mean the same thing. There are a few specific types of astrology where signs and houses are made co-equal, but the modern tendency to equate them totally for any and all interpretations is really unhelpful. A sign shows how or in what manner a planet operates. A house shows where or in what domain of life a planet operatures. With an untenanted house, we look at the planet ruling the sign on the house cusp.

For example, my daughter has Libra rising. With Aries on her 7th house cusp, she has a boyfriend who seems very Aries to me. To the extent that this might reflect her own inner nature, we'd have to look at the situation of Mars in the chart.

twistandshout

As you know, the first house indicates your body and outward personality. Somebody with Pisces or Virgo rising is unlikely to come across in an Arian or martial fashion.

I feel like this disregards the priorities these signs place as well, which ultimately is why they align with these specific houses.

Aries is more than just a sign of aggression or martial thinking. It's also the first sign of the zodiac which lines up pretty nicely with the First house as being your "First Impression" on people. It's also a very "Me" focused sign, focused on the self and how the self presents. Regardless of what sign is on that cusp, all it does is translate what that "Me" and "First Impression" is.

For someone with a Libra Ascendant, that first impression can be strange and odd (speaking as someone with a Libra Ascendant). Aries is about "Me" while Libra is very much about "We" or "Me in relationship to We". I've noticed after getting into astrology that myself and other people with Libra Ascendants tend to have people project very intensely onto them what it is that they want and see from the person. After all, Libra is a sign of balance, of connecting with the people immediately around you and, ultimately, seeming Likeable and, well, easy to digest. Unfortunately the problem with having that part of you be focused on the "We" first, is that people automatically cling onto the "We", translate it to "Me (Them)" and you (Libra Ascendant) can become rather lost in that definition of We in relationship to Me.

If this all sounds confusing and overly complicated then welcome to the life of a Libra Ascendant :lol:

Aries on the seventh is interesting. I first learned about the balance between the houses as how they relate to each other and how the signs balance each other. Aries and Libra sit in opposition because they find the other methods of tact in connecting with the Other to be harmful. Aries is aggressive in its connecting because Libra is too passive. Libra is pious in how it connects because Aries is too, well, obnoxious. The first often times can be seen how we present ourselves to others because we automatically assume that other people lack the quality presented in the first house. It's why the Seventh house is associated with Marriage (and also secret enemies) because the line between love and hate can be VERY thin, and marriage is typically a union of two entirely separate functioning people who bring different things to the table in order to create a new sense of balance.

So while, for example, someone with a Libra Ascendant may come off as overly nice and friendly because they assume other people lack the tact for interacting in a pleasing way, they are also often times drawn to people who can be aggressive and direct because they inhabit traits that may not come naturally to them.

At any rate, this system of chart set up that connects sign rulership to houses is often associated with how that house prioritizes a specific aspect of self/life and it's relationship to the external world. Signs don't need to fall in line with that sign rulership for the system to still work. It often times gives a deeper insight to how that person actually sees the world and chooses to relate to it by looking at that natural house rulership in association with the natal sign placement.

craft94

i
an interesting thing about the aries-libra axis is that they are both cardinal and they are both determined and ambitious to get their way- the style might be different, but the results are pretty much the same. aries act in a more direct and self-agrandized way. libra is more comfortable being indirect and and modest. both ways work.

Not a Libra Ascendant. Libra Sun here. But I've been referred to as "a passive alpha." In class for example, doing group work, I generally tend to let others take the lead but when no one does (which is actually quite often the case), I'm the one who takes charge.

Anyway, what I find most interesting about the Libra Ascendant house system is the nodes. If you have North Node in Scorpio, for instance, it'll be in you 2nd house, Sagittarius - 3rd, Capricorn - 4th etc. I've read that having your nodes in reverse houses means that you need to find a balance between the opposite signs - which works well with a Libra Asc.

Last edited:

Pluto Rising

This is a really old post. Anyway, I found it by acident and for some reason I feel like answering.

I have all my chart reversed, asc in Libra. I feel that every area of my life is functioning in the opposite way it should. for example, in the 7th house usually known for partenership or marrige house (correct me if I'm wrong) I tend to act as an Aries would do, I'm not sure why I do that, I'm just pushed to be assertive, always right and ready to fight for my opinion (almost like a competition), while with my friends I work the other way.

I have Leo in the 11th house (usually known as the house of friends and hopes), being reversed I behave as a Leo would, I want to be the center of attention and want to give love and be loved (which as you know, not always works that way so I tend to give a lot of love to be adored and end up hurting myself for the attetion I'm not getting, It's never enough)

Of course I could explain every house from this point of view but I think I've made my point. It's a good think I know myself so well. My partner hates how I treat my friends better than him, I just can't help.. of course I love him better.

This is similar to how my libra ascendant plays out as well. I wish there was more info about this.

I'm also curious about how the planet dignities play out with a libra ascendant. For me any planet that may be in domicile or exalted by sign is also in fall or detriment by house and vice versa. For example my Jupiter is detrimented in Virgo yet is exalted in the 12th house. This applies to several planets in my chart, which is one more way the libra ascendant is "balancing" things out.

Hkk

Account Closed
Came across this thread and find it very interesting.

These people in this thread may not come on this site any longer however they are right in saying there is not much info around the reverse for libra ascendants.

I’m a libra ascendant and I have always had that push pull balance energy to be assertive and be nice. Also how I’m attracted to the alpha males however as I’m growing getting older and seeing it in a mature perspective- along with life experiences!!! I’m going more towards the intellectual rather than the muscle. Don’t get me wrong, a bit of muscle would be great! However it’s more about intellect and how the man treats a lady and his views on women in general.

I think the libra ascendant has to grow to get their balance and it doesn’t come naturally until they get some life experience. I’m early libra ascendant and would be interesting to see/hear others views about this especially the libra ascendant

Hkk

Account Closed
My leo is in 11th,opposite it’s natural house 5th. Cancer is in 10th but never felt that nurturing energy within me in my career. Feel more leo energy in that field. Wanting to reach the top. But I suppose the cap sun does that too

LeilaLala

I identify with this post so much as Ive got leo moon in the 11th house and I feel so crushed when i don’t feel recognized or appreciated by my friends… I delve into the “why am I like this everybody hates me I need to change”. It’s good you know yourself well, sometimes I think I am a stranger to myself as I am often surprised by my feelings. Anyway, your comment makes me feel so seen 😊🙏

AstrologyMangalBhawan

Libra is an important zodiac sign in astrology and its ascendant is especially considered. Ascendant is given great importance in astrology as it influences a person's personality and direction of life. These are some of the characteristics of people with Libra ascendant.

Balanced Personality: People with Libra ascendant are balanced and intelligent. They look for balance and harmony in their life. They act in their life with fairness and sensitivity.

Cooperative: People with Libra ascendant are social and friendly. They like to work together with their companions and try to move forward together in the group.

Gentleness: People with Libra ascendant are very gentle and friendly. There is a sense of gentleness and politeness in their conversation which helps them in building good relations with others.

Propensity for beauty: People with Libra ascendant are very beautiful and dedicated. They have a flair for beauty and art and have the ability to understand and feel beauty in their lives.

Sensitivity: People with Libra ascendant are quite sensitive and are able to understand the feelings of others. They take care of the feelings of the people around them and try to understand them.

With all these characteristics, people with Libra ascendant are on a permanent search for balance and harmony in life. They need to make continuous efforts to strengthen their social and family relationships. Libra ascendant people are also very easygoing and hardworking at work and have the strength to face any difficulty to reach their goals.

Thus, by studying the special qualities of a person with Libra ascendant, we can understand their personality and understand the process of balance and prosperity in their life. It can be an interesting and wonderful experience that can help us towards increasing our confidence through astrology and personal growth.