More then one sign in house

Shuter

Hi people,

does someone knows how to interpret the influence of a sign that is completly closed in one house. Like I have Aquarius at ASC, and Pisces and Aries are part of the dirst house too, without been on the cusp. The second house starts in Taurus. I could not find any interpretations for this.

Thank you very much for advices.

Hi people,

does someone knows how to interpret the influence of a sign that is completly closed in one house. Like I have Aquarius at ASC, and Pisces and Aries are part of the dirst house too, without been on the cusp. The second house starts in Taurus. I could not find any interpretations for this.

Thank you very much for advices.

sounds like its intercepted, which is something that modern astrologer do using placidus house system which is the default on astro.com which we highly recommend for getting a free chart.

I use Equal house system and intercepted houses/signs simply cannot happen, so it's much simpler....:biggrin:

Shuter

I use Campanus and Placidus, the second one is much worser in this :) But i think Campanus fits far more in divination as Placidus, so I have to deal with this intercepted signs somehow ..

JUPITERASC

I use Campanus and Placidus, the second one is much worser in this :) But i think Campanus fits far more in divination as Placidus, so I have to deal with this intercepted signs somehow ..
Not necessarily Shuter - because there is an alternative :smile: In no other area of astrology is there so much mess and confusion than in the area of the so-called "houses". There are at least twenty or thirty different house systems or means of dividing the so-called "birthchart" into twelve segments of life activity. It is a good idea to thoroughly read and process this information and understand that the house position of your natal planets as well as the cusps of your natal chart are entirely dependent on the house system chosen :smile: explanatory article http://www.librarising.com/astrology/misc/wholesignhouses.html To experiment with viewing your natal chart using any one of the fourteen most popular different house systems available on astro.com choose extended chart selection page on which there are options for house system choice. Clicking on the tiny triangle next to 'default' on the house systems select box, shows a drop down menu of the fourteen different house systems available and Whole Signs is one of those :smile:

on this forum dr. farr, an astrologer who has several decades of experience, explains the difference between houses and house cusps and in doing so, provides excellent reasons in favour of using Whole Sign houses. dr. farr not only gives advice based on personal experience but also accompanies that advice with some useful historical detail (source: http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum...510#post310510 )
Cusps: Today (and for the past thousand years or so) we define cusps as "borders" (coasts), but that is not the original meaning of the word "cusp": it means "point" such as cuspal teeth (bicuspids) and the point of a sword

- so originally the term cusp meant the "point" of something, and in astrology originally the "cusp" of the house meant its "point";

now, when quadrant systems were developed, this "point" of the house came to mean its "beginning", which later came to mean its "border", ie, the "border" between one house and the other.

And later astrology also began using these "borders" (cusps) for various prognostic applications (Charles Carter came to believe that, for timing of events, the "cusps" of the Campanus house system gave the best results, among the various quadrant house systems)

But now notice this: in whole sign the cusps are NOT the 0 degree "borders" of sign/houses at all, and never were so regarded! In whole sign, the "cusp" retained its original meaning, not as a "border" but rather as A POINT - and that POINT (cusp) for EACH house, was the sensitive point of that house, viz, the sensitive point in whole sign houses - each house - that is the "cusp" of each house-is a direct projection from the ascending degree.
Example:
-the ascending degree of a chart is 18 Taurus: what are the house cusps (sensitive points, original meaning of the word "cusp") in the whole sign houses of this chart?
Cusp of 1st house = 18 Taurus
Cusp of 2nd house = 18 Gemini
Cusp of 3rd house = 18 Cancer
Cusp of 4th house = 18 Leo
Cusp of 5th house = 18 Virgo
Cusp of 6th house = 18 Libra
Cusp of 7th house = 18 Scorpio
Cusp of 8th house = 18 Sagittarius
Cusp of 9th house = 18 Capricorn
Cusp of 10th house = 18 Aquarius
Cusp of 11th house = 18 Pisces
Cusp of 12th house = 18 Aries

Now it is these "cusps" (sensitive degrees, original meaning of the word "cusp" as a "point") that are (and were) used for progressions, timing of events, etc, and the fact is that they work for these purposes, quite well (in expert hands)

Whole sign does not use the BORDERS between houses (always 0 degree of any sign) for anything, but it DOES use "cusps" (points in the house, projected from the exact ascending degree) for timing (and other) delineative purposes.

Whole sign suddenly vanished (both in the West and in Vedic astrology) during the same period of time-ie, late 8th to early 9th century-this sudden disappearance suggests a sudden turn in astrological thinking and practices, rather than a gradual supplanting of a less effective traditional method (whole sign) by a new and more effective method (rheotrius/alchabitius in the West, and the closely related to whole sign Equal house, in Vedic astrology)

For me, there is only 1 reason I switched to whole sign - it worked better (FOR ME) I could care less if it were the oldest house system (which it is) or whether it was invented by Badda Bing at Barney's Beanery in Bayonne, 10 years ago: only things I consider are:
-does it seem to make sense?
-does it "taste good" to me (ie, does it "feel right" to me)
-and, if yes to the above, does it work (producing delineations and predicitions) better than what I have previously been doing?

Well, whole sign did all that, for me, so I switched; but I am not going to try to convince anyone of anything about it, except for beginners-to you who might just be starting out, I would say: try whole sign first, and see how well it might work for you...
and also
True enough that all of the quadrant house systems# give pretty similar results, except in the extreme latitudes where more pronounced differences are often noted. I'll add, also, that Equal house often is quite close in results, to the various quadrant systems.

Whole sign, however, often gives significant differences from the quadrant systems...so, every artist will have to decide for themselves;

I used Placidus for 35 years (!!), and with good results; then I switched to Whole sign (for the past 13 years), and got - FOR ME - what I believe to be even better results...

*quadrant house systems, in order of historical origination:
Porphyry
Alchabitius (more accurately Rhetorius/Alchabitius)
Campanus
Regiomontanus
Placidus
Koch
...various mid to late 20th century modifications, such as topocentric, etc

on this forum dr. farr, an astrologer who has several decades of experience, explains the difference between houses and house cusps and in doing so, provides excellent reasons in favour of using Whole Sign houses. dr. farr not only gives advice based on personal experience but also accompanies that advice with some useful historical detail

there are *several* astrologers on here that have *decades* over experience.....:rightful:

I use Equal House system (where each cusp is same as Ascendant) and am a modern astrologer. Lots of newcomers come into Astrology/forums and get a free chart from www.astro.com and the default ‘house system’ used is Placidus and think that’s just the norm and all there is……..BUT that is just the tip of the iceberg. You can change the default on astro.com in Extended Chart selection to Equal house and a few others if you wish to experiment…..

Within the mainstream here on AW of placidus/equal houses (the default on astro is placidus) only difference being some planets may move from one house to another thereby altering it's interpretation and it's 'only' with research will you find which planets 'fit you' in which houses. So my advice, do two charts, research any planets that move houses and see which you identity with - simple

When certain members start spamming (again) their own favourite views on house systems, it sets other members off in defence of their own. It's NOT pretty but I'm sure you'll find one that suits you....