Will I ever be successful as an artist?

princess-slap

Hey guys,

I'm pursuing a career in filmmaking and in hopes of becoming a director.
Attached is my chart

Please let me know if you need to know anything else!

Thanks,
- M

Last edited:

theV

Saturn/Neptune is the combo for film director. Look where the midpoint of Saturn/Neptune falls. Leo MC is indication of working in film industry, show business, acting, stage..etc.

Can you cast me in one of your film?

Jadi

Neptune and Uranus sextile your Sun which is also the ruler of your Midheaven.
Jupiter, the ruler of the second house is in the eleventh, trining your seventh house Moon.

I would say, go for it.

princess-slap

Saturn/Neptune is the combo for film director. Look where the midpoint of Saturn/Neptune falls. Leo MC is indication of working in film industry, show business, acting, stage..etc.

Can you cast me in one of your film?

Well I just attached an actual chart. I hope that clears up everything.
Does it still look like I'd make a name for myself?

AppLeo

You've got Sun conjunct Pluto in the first house--definitely a strong placement for a director.

You have Moon opposite Mercury. This is really good. Directors or writers usually have mercury moon aspects. Mercury is in Sagittarius, which isn't comfortable for Mercury, but it creates super smart individuals. Especially with the Moon in Gemini opposing Mercury. You'll have very creative and adaptable movie directing stuff.

Since this is an opposition you'll stuggle with like writing and driecting in a way where--you'll be too analytical about you're directing. You're directing may be too logical sucking all the emotion out. The movie will fall flat. OR, it could go completely opposite where you include way too many scenes or emotions in your movie that just don't add to the story. You identify too much with the movie including scenes that are not needed.

But you'll find this balance. All opositions demand balance.

The ruler of your MC is the Sun because Leo is there. And that's super good because Leos are all about movies and glamor and **** like that. The Sun, like I said, is in the first house. That scorpio and pluto Sun will make you deep and a very strong director. Scorpios are like some of the most powerful people in world. So you have leadership abilities.

The ruler of your 11th house is Mercury. The 11th is like our hopes and wishes and what we contribute to the community and also gain to the self. So this Mercury Moon aspect comes into play. This is what's going to strengthen your career.

I think filmmaking would be a superb career choice for you.

princess-slap

You've got Sun conjunct Pluto in the first house--definitely a strong placement for a director.

You have Moon opposite Mercury. This is really good. Directors or writers usually have mercury moon aspects. Mercury is in Sagittarius, which isn't comfortable for Mercury, but it creates super smart individuals. Especially with the Moon in Gemini opposing Mercury. You'll have very creative and adaptable movie directing stuff.

Since this is an opposition you'll stuggle with like writing and driecting in a way where--you'll be too analytical about you're directing. You're directing may be too logical sucking all the emotion out. The movie will fall flat. OR, it could go completely opposite where you include way too many scenes or emotions in your movie that just don't add to the story. You identify too much with the movie including scenes that are not needed.

But you'll find this balance. All opositions demand balance.

The ruler of your MC is the Sun because Leo is there. And that's super good because Leos are all about movies and glamor and **** like that. The Sun, like I said, is in the first house. That scorpio and pluto Sun will make you deep and a very strong director. Scorpios are like some of the most powerful people in world. So you have leadership abilities.

The ruler of your 11th house is Mercury. The 11th is like our hopes and wishes and what we contribute to the community and also gain to the self. So this Mercury Moon aspect comes into play. This is what's going to strengthen your career.

I think filmmaking would be a superb career choice for you.

That is crazy! In a good way I guess. And you're right about me over analyzing. I did that for my short film. I deleted many of the shots that I took!
I'm really afraid about creating a flop even though I'm creative(?). I'm not confident that I can always find a balance. Sounds difficult to me.

What is it that you mean when you say "super smart"?

I can see myself as a good leader. But very controlling, picky, and protective. Throughout my studies I've only worked by myself or with one other person. I want to keep my creativity to myself. That sounds stuck up but I have trust issues. Another reason why I like going solo or with one of the most trustworthy people in my life is because I know they wouldn't take my criticism personally. They know that I'm a perfectionist.

How is it that my 11th house will strengthen my career?

Sorry for all the questions! But I really appreciate your expert analysis 😺

AppLeo

That is crazy! In a good way I guess. And you're right about me over analyzing. I did that for my short film. I deleted many of the shots that I took!
I'm really afraid about creating a flop even though I'm creative(?). I'm not confident that I can always find a balance. Sounds difficult to me.

Through trial and error in your directing you'll find a way.

What is it that you mean when you say "super smart"?

Well, I don't know if you're a genius. However, I've found that people who have Mercury placements in the signs Gemini, Virgo, Sagittarius, Aquarius, and Pisces to be the smartest. They're all mutable signs, except Aquarius. Mutable signs are concerned with accumulating information and are quite adaptable. Mercury in these signs only makes sense because Mercury (the mind) is usually perceived as strong or powerful when the mind is good remembering or taking in information. Aquarius is the only fixed sign, but it's a fixed AIR sign so it's still concerned with knowledge and information.

So Mercury in Sagittarius is good.

I can see myself as a good leader. But very controlling, picky, and protective. Throughout my studies I've only worked by myself or with one other person. I want to keep my creativity to myself. That sounds stuck up but I have trust issues. Another reason why I like going solo or with one of the most trustworthy people in my life is because I know they wouldn't take my criticism personally. They know that I'm a perfectionist.

The Sun in the first house indicates that you like to do things on your own terms. The stuck up trust issues thing is probably from the Scorpio placement. The first house is the house of Aries and self. So whether or not people are there, you are always working on your own terms. You are the leader no matter what. But I will say that the Sun in the first house lesson is learning to work with others. You may need help along the way.

How is it that my 11th house will strengthen my career?

The MC or 10th House represents your career or life's work. The 11th House shows what you give to the community when you do this work. The lord of the 11th is Mercury. This means that aspects to Mercury, and in this case the Moon, is going to be brought to life in your career. You will be showing people your mind (Mercury) and emotional mind (Moon) by creating wonderful films. Not just any films, but great films.

Hopefully that makes sense.

Sorry for all the questions! But I really appreciate your expert analysis ��

Haha thanks, but I'm no expert :whistling:

Last edited:

princess-slap

Through trial and error in your directing you'll find a way.

Well, I don't know if you're a genius. However, I've found that people who have Mercury placements in the signs Gemini, Virgo, Sagittarius, Aquarius, and Pisces to be the smartest. They're all mutable signs, except Aquarius. Mutable signs are concerned with accumulating information and are quite adaptable. Mercury in these signs only makes sense because Mercury (the mind) is usually perceived as strong or powerful when the mind is good remembering or taking in information. Aquarius is the only fixed sign, but it's a fixed AIR sign so it's still concerned with knowledge and information.

So Mercury in Sagittarius is good.

The Sun in the first house indicates that you like to do things on your own terms. The stuck up trust issues thing is probably from the Scorpio placement. The first house is the house of Aries and self. So whether or not people are there, you are always working on your own terms. You are the leader no matter what. But I will say that the Sun in the first house lesson is learning to work with others. You may need help along the way.

The MC or 10th House represents your career or life's work. The 11th House shows what you give to the community when you do this work. The lord of the 11th is Mercury. This means that aspects to Mercury, and in this case the Moon, is going to be brought to life in your career. You will be showing people your mind (Mercury) and emotional mind (Moon) by creating wonderful films. Not just any films, but great films.

Hopefully that makes sense.

Haha thanks, but I'm no expert :whistling:

I don't think your explanation could get any clearer than that! Thanks so much!
Trial and error definitely has been my learning style. It is a pain in the *** but I won't learn without f****** up first. This counts for everything I do in life, big or small. So I feel retarded compared to other people.

I'm not a genius haha. I have shi*** memory. I suck at math, reading, and writing compared to my peers. I'm slow, like I just mentioned, but I react quickly whenever someone disrespects me - I have a temper and have no problem with confrontation. However people don't generally think I have this kind of aggression because I'm usually friendly, sociable but introverted.

I can relate to the adaptability part though. Throughout my life until recently my personality and style constantly changed so quickly because of past experiences with people I interact with. I grew up fast because I chose to do so and with ease. My entire childhood I was able to adapt to strict family rules. I was the "good" kid. Once I got to college I experienced everything I could without going out of my way. But I learned quickly that it was just a phase. Then I focused on the more important aspects of my life and I can tell you I've been through a lot, but i survived. It seems to me that I'm the rebel within my whole side of the family, but I'm able to make them somewhat proud. But not proud enough to show me off because what I study is not "smart" enough.

I'm sure that later on I will struggle working with people. I would want to work on a project that would come from my own visionary so it'd be difficult to take in opposing opinions if I don't need the help.

I probably shouldn't take astrology too seriously believing in every single reading. But I can't help but feel delighted when you say "great films"

Last edited:

Horus

James Cameron springs to mind! :biggrin: His is in Leo.

Many of his films involve atomic bombs (ruled by Pluto), or he likes to go deep (Abyss, Titanic) , in fact he's made a couple dozen dives on the Titanic, the Nazi battleship Bismarck (which is even deeper than the Titanic) and explored the Mariana's Trench, deepest crack in the earth!

So PBS, if you find yourself making films that involve nuclear weapons, volcanoes, and deep, dark places -now you know why! :tongue:

Of course Scorpio, along with the Moon straddling the 8th, would be drawn to those things too, as well as death, trauma, horror, and anything dark and underworldish. :rightful::bandit::ninja:
Save
Save

princess-slap

James Cameron springs to mind! :biggrin: His is in Leo.

Many of his films involve atomic bombs (ruled by Pluto), or he likes to go deep (Abyss, Titanic) , in fact he's made a couple dozen dives on the Titanic, the Nazi battleship Bismarck (which is even deeper than the Titanic) and explored the Mariana's Trench, deepest crack in the earth!

So PBS, if you find yourself making films that involve nuclear weapons, volcanoes, and deep, dark places -now you know why! :tongue:

Of course Scorpio, along with the Moon straddling the 8th, would be drawn to those things too, as well as death, trauma, horror, and anything dark and underworldish. :rightful::bandit::ninja:
Save
Save

I'm not a fan of James Cameron... I would not include anything military-related... But my niche definitely reflects on nature. A few of my favorite genres are sci-fi and fantasy too. So I could see myself working with deep and dark places.
I'd be mainly a horror and thriller filmmaker though. You're right about me liking dark and morbid stuff!

Horus

I'm not a fan of James Cameron... I would not include anything military-related... But my niche definitely reflects on nature. A few of my favorite genres are sci-fi and fantasy too. So I could see myself working with deep and dark places.
I'd be mainly a horror and thriller filmmaker though. You're right about me liking dark and morbid stuff!

Sci-fi and fantasy and nature are my faves too. Horror and dark crime thrillers, not so much anymore. I had my fill of that when I was a teen, about 500 of them, mostly low budget, of course! Hatchet for a Honeymoon? Monster Dog, anyone? :lol: