Uranian Family Signatures

Kitchy

Banned
Do you and other family members have Uranus in the same house?

Last edited:

anjelik

My mom and I both have Uranus in the 10th house. They don't make any other similar aspects. Hers trines her Sun and mine squares mine. I am most like my mother than my father though in terms of overall personality.

Kitchy

Banned
I posted this thread a while back, thanks for responding Anjelik! Interesting about being in 10th of you and your mom. How do you see that in relation to the mom/dad 4th / 10th axis for Uranus?

My son, his father and I all share a Uranus retro in 1st of our charts. Interesting to add - My mother, son and I share a Saturn Capricorn, too.

I would have to say that the Uranus retro in all of us bares itself the same way in 1st. We have and have had similar dealings in life with responsibilities, or expectations, by our family of how we were supposed to turn out vs. how we turned out. There was never a following of a path or direction of our parents or family's that we didn't walk in another direction from, sometimes to revisit it just so we knew we could walk away again. - it has pretty much for all three of us turned out to be all about our own discoveries and shattering the molds.

We all tended to dress in that super casual "Gotta Be Me" way - no pretense of looking our best for others. But we have been considered 'good looking' people in spite of it. We all three share the notion that "dressing up" is equal to "work uniform"... ;p

I suppose the blessing in all of it, given my separation many years back from my son's father (my son was 2 at the time - he's 27 now) is that we maintained a friendly shared parenting relationship through his life - and my son seemed to adapt pretty well to it all. Both me and my son's father - were raised in divorced homes and our mom's wore the pants in the family. Gender role bends.

There were countless times in son's growing when his dad and dad's girlfriend, me and my mate (s) would attend school functions, performances, events, BBQ's, dinners at home, etc., as a group together in good friendly Uranian spirit that didn't embarrass or make my son uncomfortable. He has become a very communal person himself. His father and I were never married. His father has never married. I got married late in life - 1st time at age 54. I hope to see him marry someday, but I don't imagine it will be for a couple few more decades, if at all.

Last edited:

anjelik

I posted this thread a while back, thanks for responding Anjelik! Interesting about being in 10th of you and your mom. How do you see that in relation to the mom/dad 4th / 10th axis for Uranus?

My son, his father and I all share a Uranus retro in 1st of our charts. Interesting to add - My mother, son and I share a Saturn Capricorn, too.

I would have to say that the Uranus retro in all of us bares itself the same way in 1st. We have and have had similar dealings in life with responsibilities, or expectations, by our family of how we were supposed to turn out vs. how we turned out. There was never a following of a path or direction of our parents or family's that we didn't walk in another direction from, sometimes to revisit it just so we knew we could walk away again. - it has pretty much for all three of us turned out to be all about our own discoveries and shattering the molds.

We all tended to dress in that super casual "Gotta Be Me" way - no pretense of looking our best for others. But we have been considered 'good looking' people in spite of it. We all three share the notion that "dressing up" is equal to "work uniform"... ;p

I suppose the blessing in all of it, given my separation many years back from my son's father (my son was 2 at the time - he's 27 now) is that we maintained a friendly shared parenting relationship through his life - and my son seemed to adapt pretty well to it all. Both me and my son's father - were raised in divorced homes and our mom's wore the pants in the family. Gender role bends.

There were countless times in son's growing when his dad and dad's girlfriend, me and my mate (s) would attend school functions, performances, events, BBQ's, dinners at home, etc., as a group together in good friendly Uranian spirit that didn't embarrass or make my son uncomfortable. He has become a very communal person himself. His father and I were never married. His father has never married. I got married late in life - 1st time at age 54. I hope to see him marry someday, but I don't imagine it will be for a couple few more decades, if at all.

Maybe we are the only two people on the board with Uranian family signatures then!

Hmmm trying to think of how I see my mom/dad in relation to Uranus. It's funny you ask because in my own natal I have Uranus/Moon opposition, so I have always had a 4/10 opposition. My parents were high school sweethearts and have been together over 40 years, so I see them as two people that need each other in order to survive even though they have had some major ups and downs. I do see the obvious differences between them. My mom is definitely more erratic than my father. He is pretty steadfast and we call him "the professional chiller." My husband likes to joke that he aspires to be like my dad one day. My mom is a little nutty and all over the place - she is super neurotic and always concerned about helping others. My dad is quite the opposite and always tells her to relax. There are times through my teens where I felt they were fighting a bit and told them they should get divorced, but they never did and they are still together. They are kind of like Frank and Marie from Everybody Loves Raymond. :lol:

My parents were fun people when I was growing up and we always had parties in the house. Christmas Eve and Christmas Day was always really fun and every year we would have a huge party at the end of the summer where all of our family, friends and basically the entire neighbourhood would come. My dad's 40th birthday stands out in my mind (I was 9) because all of the adults stole my MC Hammer tape and started dancing in formation to Hammer Time. The video of it is quite hilarious and I think the fact that my parents always made sure to have fun that I feel the same way about my adult life. I could never imagine being boring, even when I do have children of my own.

In terms of dressing - my parents, like your family are also both good looking people, but always keep it casual. My mom HATES dressing up. I have only seen her in heels on special events like weddings, etc. Same with my dad and I guess the rest of the family. Actually, none of us like to dress up, but we dress "smart casual" as my husband would say. Even in my own home when we have friends come over for dinner they come quite casual, but if we go to another friend's house for dinner the same people are dressed up. I guess they just know my husband and I don't see the need to dress up. We find it restricting! I am a jeans and t-shirt kind of girl 100% and I hate having to put on a pencil skirt and heels (I actually wear flats all day until I have a meeting, that is how much I hate wearing them) to go to work every day. As soon as I walk in the door the first thing I do is go upstairs and put on some yoga pants or pjs. It's like, "time to take off the costume." Oddly, I am probably the most pretentious one in my family and I used to call myself a pubber and not a clubber when I was in my 20s.
how we were supposed to turn out vs. how we turned out.

This resonates with me pretty deeply. It is something I personally have struggled with my entire life. I wrote a blog entry about this about 10 years ago and I can't say that much has changed. I think having a Uranus/Moon opposition between 10 and 4 makes me feel a push/pull between what I want and what I should want. I don't know if I will ever feel content. I often wonder if others do or if it's just a charade. I guess some people truly do feel content. In terms of career, my mother never really had a stable career and switched jobs quite regularly. She was always doing some variation of service - like when my sister was a baby she ran a childcare business out of our home. When we became older she started her own catering business and then about 10 years ago she began taking care of an elderly woman and was basically like her aid. I always said my mom should have been a nurse since she is very caring and selfless (Sun in Pisces in the 6th house). She also has a grand water trine between her Sun (6), Mars (2) and Uranus (10). My dad had a stable career for 25 years in the NYC fire department before he retired.

I have always connected more strongly to my mother than my father, although my father and I have other similarities in our charts, such as an Aqua Mercury and and Air moon (Aqua) - so we get each other and kind of don't get my mom when she gets super emotional (Cancer Moon). I don't know why I find it difficult to connect with my father. My sister has a good relationship with him and we joke that I am mom's favourite and she is dad's. It's probably true in some respect and my sister once cried to my mom a few years ago saying that she loved me more than her. I know my dad favours my sister, so I wouldn't get upset about it. It's just the way life is.. it doesn't mean he doesn't love me too.

In terms of Saturn, my mom, sister and dad all have Saturn conjunct the AC and I do not. My mom has it in the 1st and my sister in the 12th - their orb is much tighter than my dad's who has a 10 degree orb in the 12th house. I can say that my mother does look older than my father and my sister, although almost a decade younger than me looks older than me (I do look quite young for my age. People are usually surprised to learn I'm 34). My dad is a very good looking older man - maybe that is Saturn coming to play. But to be honest, he was always very handsome. I should add that both of my parents have Libra risings and I have a Cap rising at 26 degrees and my sister has an Aqua rising at 2 degrees, so both Saturn ruled!

Sorry I wrote so much, I just realised how much I kind of went a little off track!

Last edited:

Kitchy

Banned
Anjelik -

That is a great narrative about your family. I enjoyed reading that very much. I love the MC hammer story, especially. I love your writing style - I think we have similarities in our writing style ~ writing like we talk in conversation, story telling.

It sounds like you had a very active and social 4th house family life with Uranus located there.

Was your dad a firefighter? That stood out to me - if you use 10th for dad - head of household pants-wearer - I can see how the Uranus influence in 4th could leave an imprint - "will dad come home tonight......?" The element of surprise that exists - the knowledge that it is always possible for sudden upheavals or upsets.

I always wonder about the inter-family planetary signatures in astrology - is it accidental or by design - like DNA, genetic coding or something else?

anjelik

Anjelik -

That is a great narrative about your family. I enjoyed reading that very much. I love the MC hammer story, especially. I love your writing style - I think we have similarities in our writing style ~ writing like we talk in conversation, story telling.

It sounds like you had a very active and social 4th house family life with Uranus located there.

Was your dad a firefighter? That stood out to me - if you use 10th for dad - head of household pants-wearer - I can see how the Uranus influence in 4th could leave an imprint - "will dad come home tonight......?" The element of surprise that exists - the knowledge that it is always possible for sudden upheavals or upsets.

I always wonder about the inter-family planetary signatures in astrology - is it accidental or by design - like DNA, genetic coding or something else?

I like your posts as well, that is why I decided to join in!

Yes, my dad was a firefighter in a very bad neighbourhood so he definitely saw a lot of action and did save a lot of lives. When I was a kid I went to work with my dad once and drove in the truck (probably illegal, but whatever haha) - I remember the sirens being SO LOUD and all of the kids on the street laughing because they pulled the firebox when there was no fire. I remember my dad's friend yelling at them and told me they were bad boys. I think my expectation of relationships and having space is due to the set up my parents had. My dad would sometimes not come home for two days because of overtime and my mom would be alone with my sister and I. My mom said she liked having her own time, so it worked for them, so when my dad retired she said to him, "why are you always here???" (jokingly obviously). I have had a lot of long distance relationships and I wonder if this is because I don't view a relationship as two people having to do everything together. But yes, there would be times my mom would worry, especially after 9/11 since we didn't hear from him for a few days.

Going back to your original post. Why do you think you chose to get married so late? I know to some people marriage doesn't matter and to be honest, it realistically shouldn't because a legal contract doesn't guarantee happiness or faithfulness. But I just wonder after 54 years, what made you decide that you finally wanted to bind yourself to someone?

I also wonder that about charts and families. I wonder when my husband and I go to have children, what will their Sun sign be? Would it be tied to our Suns/Moons somehow? What else will we have similar? My husband and his mom have the same moon sign and his dad and sister have the same moon sign.

Kitchy

Banned
I like your posts as well, that is why I decided to join in!

Yes, my dad was a firefighter in a very bad neighbourhood so he definitely saw a lot of action and did save a lot of lives. When I was a kid I went to work with my dad once and drove in the truck (probably illegal, but whatever haha) - I remember the sirens being SO LOUD and all of the kids on the street laughing because they pulled the firebox when there was no fire. I remember my dad's friend yelling at them and told me they were bad boys. I think my expectation of relationships and having space is due to the set up my parents had. My dad would sometimes not come home for two days because of overtime and my mom would be alone with my sister and I. My mom said she liked having her own time, so it worked for them, so when my dad retired she said to him, "why are you always here???" (jokingly obviously). I have had a lot of long distance relationships and I wonder if this is because I don't view a relationship as two people having to do everything together. But yes, there would be times my mom would worry, especially after 9/11 since we didn't hear from him for a few days.

Going back to your original post. Why do you think you chose to get married so late? I know to some people marriage doesn't matter and to be honest, it realistically shouldn't because a legal contract doesn't guarantee happiness or faithfulness. But I just wonder after 54 years, what made you decide that you finally wanted to bind yourself to someone?

I also wonder that about charts and families. I wonder when my husband and I go to have children, what will their Sun sign be? Would it be tied to our Suns/Moons somehow? What else will we have similar? My husband and his mom have the same moon sign and his dad and sister have the same moon sign.

Several factors go into this question....

I grew up in 60s-70's - watching all the old t.v. shows where marriage was an institution. Always seemed like serious business to me, even at a young age.

I grew up in an extended family of matriarchs - maternal side of family, primary upbringing experiences. Uranus in 1st, and Uranus/Saturn ruled Sun in 7th, and Uranus/Sun MR

I never grew up learning to be dependent on man/men, I guess. Women ran the show around me, and men always seemed to be the biggest problems for all of them. Grandmother married 7 times (yes!) Mom married 3 times and older sister married 2 times. A general conflict in my t.v. show training and what occurred in my home life. Marriage is supposed to be for a lifetime. (I still believe that - 'til death do us part'.) At 20, lifetime seemed like an awful looooooong time. :andy:

I had 3 long term relationships in 30 years, I planned to marry each one of them, but could never bring myself to seal the deal. I was 50 when I met my husband. We were neighbors. He had a past, I had a past - we both understood that. Neither of us were married before - no bad marriage baggage and both at an age (he was 45 at the time) where we would decide yea or nay in permanence. We fell in love over time and when we chose to tie the knot, it was because we saw the same thing at the end of the road. Maybe that's why I walked away from the earlier relationships before getting married. He was the first man I loved that didn't start out with being "in love" - that neptune crepe that kills relationships.

He was the first man offered me a fenced yard and was still willing to leave the gate open. My Saturn/Uranus ruled Sun in 7th was finally pleased and in agreement, I guess.

Uranus is the planet of divorce. Yet, when Uranus is strong in natal, s/he can be married to mate forever, once that need for freedom has been met

Last edited:

anjelik

Several factors go into this question....

I grew up in 60s-70's - watching all the old t.v. shows where marriage was an institution. Always seemed like serious business to me, even at a young age.

I grew up in an extended family of matriarchs - maternal side of family, primary upbringing experiences. Uranus in 1st, and Uranus/Saturn ruled Sun in 7th, and Uranus/Sun MR

I never grew up learning to be dependent on man/men, I guess. Women ran the show around me, and men always seemed to be the biggest problems for all of them. Grandmother married 7 times (yes!) Mom married 3 times and older sister married 2 times. A general conflict in my t.v. show training and what occurred in my home life. Marriage is supposed to be for a lifetime. (I still believe that - 'til death do us part'.) At 20, lifetime seemed like an awful looooooong time. :andy:

I had 3 long term relationships in 30 years, I planned to marry each one of them, but could never bring myself to seal the deal. I was 50 when I met my husband. We were neighbors. He had a past, I had a past - we both understood that. Neither of us were married before - no bad marriage baggage and both at an age (he was 45 at the time) where we would decide yea or nay in permanence. We fell in love over time and when we chose to tie the knot, it was because we saw the same thing at the end of the road. Maybe that's why I walked away from the earlier relationships before getting married. He was the first man I loved that didn't start out with being "in love" - that neptune crepe that kills relationships.

He was the first man offered me a fenced yard and was still willing to leave the gate open. My Saturn/Uranus ruled Sun in 7th was finally pleased and in agreement, I guess.

Uranus is the planet of divorce. Yet, when Uranus is strong in natal, s/he can be married to mate forever, once that need for freedom has been met

Wow, your grandma was married 7 times?! Well, to be fair if you think about it, it's kind of like having 7 boyfriends. They kind of rushed into things back then based on what I understand. I could see how having your mom and grandma being married so many times may have put you off to marriage. I had a boyfriend who I thought I was going to marry (thank goodness we didn't!) - and we went to look at rings, the whole 9 and one day he said to me, "I don't think I ever want to get married." I was in complete shock, but it occurred to me that his father was going through his third divorce and it was messy. It just turned him off to the idea of marriage at that point. It's been 6 years since we broke up and I think he finally just got into a relationship.

I got married at 33 and I felt that was about right. I had a boyfriend when I was 21 who was in the military and when he graduated college to become an officer he eluded to us getting married and I said to him that I was so young and I always pictured myself getting married at 28. If I had married him, my life would have turned out so differently. I wouldn't have my career, I wouldn't have traveled or had many experiences and I wouldn't have met all of the people that I have met in different places around the world. I often wonder if people who marry in their early 20s secretly regret it, or if they don't know any better. My husband was 37, so we both sowed our oats. I did the out drinking until 4am on a Tuesday thing. Now I'm happy to just relax and be low key and build a life with someone.

I agree with Neptune. I am so glad I don't have any of it in my chart affecting my personal planets. My husband has it big time (squares his Sun, Mercury and Venus) - which kind of works in my favour because I think he romanticises me and the relationship at times. But he also doesn't see a lot of things clearly at times and is a bit of an escapist in terms of things he doesn't want to confront. I am the realist. We do have Venus sextile Neptune in our composite, which is nice.. but no squares, thank goodness!

Kitchy

Banned
Anjelik -

My grandmother was a hopeless romantic. Married early and often. She married my mom's dad in 1927 and my mom was born in 1929. She divorced my mom's dad in 1933 for infidelity on his part. She married 6 times after that. My mom's dad married once after that - for 34 years. His 2nd wife died in 1966 and during that period, my mom's parents had their first great grandchild born and there was a family reunion in 1967. My grandmother, who was again single, showed up for the occasion, and she and my grandfather 'hooked up' and they remarried that same year - and stayed married through his death and subsequently hers, for the next 40 years.

Your question got me thinking and usually, music comes to mind - a song for every occasion in astrology for Uranus.

Let's Get Married
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6tSZYJrkS0

Forever and Ever Amen
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgJXbIP83A8

anjelik

Anjelik -

My grandmother was a hopeless romantic. Married early and often. She married my mom's dad in 1927 and my mom was born in 1929. She divorced my mom's dad in 1933 for infidelity on his part. She married 6 times after that. My mom's dad married once after that - for 34 years. His 2nd wife died in 1966 and during that period, my mom's parents had their first great grandchild born and there was a family reunion in 1967. My grandmother, who was again single, showed up for the occasion, and she and my grandfather 'hooked up' and they remarried that same year - and stayed married through his death and subsequently hers, for the next 40 years.

Your question got me thinking and usually, music comes to mind - a song for every occasion in astrology for Uranus.

Let's Get Married
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6tSZYJrkS0

Forever and Ever Amen
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgJXbIP83A8

Wow, that's a crazy story. That is like that movie with Meryl Streep, Steve Martin and Alec Baldwin (It's Complicated) - she ends up with her ex-husband again... but not after 6 husbands lol. Did your grandma have Neptune square Venus? I find my friends with that aspect as usual suckers for romance and end up getting duped by the person they end up being with and heart broken subsequently.

Haha I love it. It's like the two different ways people approach marriage.

I love music and we always had it on growing up. I always turn off the TV when we eat dinner and play some music or when I'm cleaning the house, cooking, whatever. My taste is really eclectic too. I can go from listening to jazz to punk rock within an hour.

Kitchy

Banned
my grandmother had moon-neptune opposition - moon cap and neptune cancer. 1910.

my son is moon cancer in 7th opposite saturn, neptune & uranus in 1st and sun venus square to neptune from 4th.

He is a professional jazz musician, 27, an unintentional heartbreaker so far :crying:

His jazz music is his venus uranus neptune all the way to me.

this is one of his original compositions - showing his roots in ways more than one....butterfly or liar?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_OvqI59wvE

anjelik

my grandmother had moon-neptune opposition - moon cap and neptune cancer. 1910.

my son is moon cancer in 7th opposite saturn, neptune & uranus in 1st and sun venus square to neptune from 4th.

He is a professional jazz musician, 27, an unintentional heartbreaker so far :crying:

His jazz music is his venus uranus neptune all the way to me.

this is one of his original compositions - showing his roots in ways more than one....butterfly or liar?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_OvqI59wvE

Wow, I really like that. I would definitely go see them play. I really like jazz - it's grown on me as I've gotten older. If you asked me 15 years ago I would have been like "jazz is for old people!!" Haha but maybe I've just learned to appreciate how much of themselves a Jamss musician puts into their music. I will have to play this for my husband when he gets home from work. He will love it too! Not sure which instrument your son plays but they're all really talented.

Kitchy

Banned
too funny -

the uranian family signatures unite here....

jazz bores the **** out of me 99% of time.

remember where i wrote about uranians will walk away of what is expected?

my son's dad - a history guitar player and drummer of the past british and R&B music of 60's.

i'm more 70's & 80's rock and pop and soul

our kid chose Jazz.

Uranian signatures in family - "I will never be defined by where I came from" ???

anjelik

too funny -

the uranian family signatures unite here....

jazz bores the **** out of me 99% of time.

remember where i wrote about uranians will walk away of what is expected?

my son's dad - a history guitar player and drummer of the past british and R&B music of 60's.

i'm more 70's & 80's rock and pop and soul

our kid chose Jazz.

Uranian signatures in family - "I will never be defined by where I came from" ???

I agree with the Uranian signature of going against the grain. Like when I was 18 and came home with a massive tattoo and my dad laughed in my face and told me I would regret that (he was right). I will never forget where I come from though. I will always remember that I came from working class roots and everything I have is because my parents did their best to provide for us and push my sister and I to do better. I don't like when I see people treat waiters/waitresses/store clerks/whatever with disrespect. No one is beneath you and people who act that way make me really angry. But I digress! I've always been the one to throw my parents a curveball. My sister, not so much. She never got in trouble, never rebelled but yet to my mom I am still the golden child when I definitely defied my parents every step of the way.

I only like jazz if it's upbeat like that and has some heavy guitar. I don't like stuff that makes you want to snooze. I guess that's why I gravitated towards punk in my youth. I like the fast tempo, the angst/soul in their voices and also loved how they either didn't give a f^ck about what anyone thought and sang what they wanted and didn't care who they offended (or actually wanted to offend).

You know what is interesting to me about Uranus is that when I see people with a strong Uranus in their charts is normally makes sense to me, especially if I know them. My husband is one person who has Uranus in the 7th square his Moon in the 12th - which makes sense to me because he can be unpredictably moody. But he has a grand water trine between Uranus (7), Sun (12) and Mars (5) and I can't see that play out at all. He had a long term relationship for 10 years before he met me, which I would think would be unusual for someone with his chart. He is someone that looks for stability and doesn't like change as much as I do. I wonder if he's just not reaching his full potential because that aspect tends to make people kind of lazy? He is very charming and he gets away with things that blow my mind.

Humanitarian

I have Uranus in 10th house, and my dad has Uranus in 11th house, but near the 10th house cusp, and we both love metal music, unlike other Christian neighbours, and we loves science, too. My dad and my paternal grandmother has a complicated relationship with each other, while me and my mom has some bad connections with each other, too.