Why is Scorpio willing to give everything up for lover despite their cynical nature?

Darth MI

Scorpio is considered the most cynical sign of the zodiac. The sign is infamous for outright not believing in many social norms and established institutions in particular religion, government, and country. The sign is so skeptical that not only do they tend to be paranoid about even friendly people at work and school, they are even skeptical enough to keep a close eye on the actions of relatives.

Yet I noted the Scorpio personality is considered easily among the most romantic of the zodiac (probably tied with Pisces, if not at the very least easily the 2nd place). In fact even though Pisces is often considered the most romantic per say, Scorpio is considered the most passionate lover.

A thing I notice with real life people with strong Scorpio influences is that if they decide you are their target of love, not only are they willing to go so far to chase you, I notice in their attempts to run after their love they lose whatever cynicism and pessimism that they built up as a shell against the outside world.

In fact once they "gain the heart of their lovers" or at least get close enough, I noted Scorpios will believe whatever their supposed target of love says and are even willing to commit acts of crime and even violence because their lover says "a neighbor next door is stalking her" or "his ex stole his bank account". WITHOUT bothering to at least glimpse the incidents from multiple PoVs and see the whole story.

In fact in their chasing of their lust, Scorpios often even remain totally ignorant of the complete dangers that may come in the relationship such as possible outcasting from family or the partner may be a scumbag only pretending to be nice. Often they even may (against the common sense and realistic worldview the sign is often praised for) often "make a pretty suit of clothes on their partner and love that suit" instead of loving who the person actually is (to paraphrase Scarlett O'Hara from Gone With the Wind).

In addition even after repeated rejections or the revelation the relationship can't continue for whatever reasons, Scorpios stubbornly chase their lovers often at the detriment of their own physical health just to finally win the heart of their object of love. Even endangering the welfare of their family and get this even betraying their country just to resume chasing their romance.

I am Scorpio/Plutonian dominant and I once been through all I described their. A lot of Scorpio/Plutonian influenced or Scorpio Venus people I know often fit several of the above tendencies and its only if they have a Strong Cancer, Capricorn, Fire, Earth, 10th/4th house, and/or (especially) Saturnine influence in their chart did they not match the described romantic tendencies I typed or they stopped themselves from getting too far. In fact I would have actually done even more extreme executions of these unhealthy romantic tendencies if I didn't have some strong Capricorn, 4th house, and Saturnine influences in my chart (and trust me even with these, when I was younger I was already willing to even betray my country for a stupid ***** who I barely even knew).

To put fictional examples, Scarlett O'Hara (who is considered the embodiment of the Scorpio girl) pretty much had a story revolving around the Scorpio romantic nature in Gone With the Wind. Just take a read at it and not only will you see her as truly Scorpio at the core but she pretty much fit everything I described. READ IT and you will understand what I am saying here.

Also William Wallace as portrayed in Bravehart and Max Rockatansky from Mad Max both portray restrained versions of several of the above tendencies. Alcyione from Magic Knight Rayearth betrayed her master and was willing to kill 3 innocent teen girls just to please the man she loved, Zagato (even though she already knew Zagato loved another woman). Zagato himself is even far worse, willing to sacrifice his home planet Cephiro (though to be far, his case was far more selfless than Alcyione as his lover Emerald was targeted for assassination and had already sacrificed so much for Cephiro that it was unfair that she had to die as her duty as ruler of the planet).

Why is Scorpio like this? I definitely agree with questioning institutions like religion and keeping an eye on people even your relatives (as I was backstabbed by a sibling and I witnessed relatives repetitively backstabbing my parents). But to suddenly throw everything up for a woman or man who may not only not love but also is a cruel and selfish *****? Especially since you barely know the guy/gal but you are willing to believe every word she says to the point you're idiotically allowed her to manipulate you into doing her desired criminal acts and give her all your bank account?

I just find it ridiculous a sign as cynical and pragmatic as Scorpio would be so gullible to believe a woman's words and do her biddings without second thoughts and how far they are willing to go to chase a romance towards someone they barely know despite their reputation of being rugged individualists who only look out for themselves a la libertarian mindset.

Last edited:

tikana

easy answer

it is all or nothing
we dont do anything half *** (ohh wait i did 18 weeks of a useless class....barely passed the class LOL just did enough work to pass .. i coudl care less what is going on i that zoo)

yes brain says Leave.. heart doesn't let go .. scorpio chooses heart vs logic.

willow123

Haha, I have sun/venus/uranus all conjunct in scorpio so I can relate to the obsessive part of what you just described. I’m definitely not willing to hurt anyone except myself though... The simplest answer that I can offer is the rush I feel when I meet someone who makes me feel strong enough where I see a possibility of love. It’s so rare for me to feel that for someone and I don’t want to let it go if I find it... hence the obsessiveness and the ignoring the obvious. Love transforms, maybe that’s the pull.

junoisuppose

Like tikana says the "all or nothing" aspect. They'll give it their all. You don't know that something isn't going to work out or that someone isn't going to love you until you've given it your all (1st house pluto talking here).
Also Scorpio is a fixed sign, making them somewhat stubborn, once they're in they're not going to leave lightly or quickly.

Monk

Premium Member
Hi Darth MI,

One thing, Passion, Scorpio's are full of it, perhaps link below will help:-

http://www.thesaurus.com/browse/passion

Hell i'm not even Scorpio, but Leo, but i'm Scorpio rising with Pluto on M.C.

And yes Pluto is only a planetoid now, but it gives a kick like no other bigger objects, don't mess with Pluto, or else you will get a boiled bunny, please note i jest in humour!

CAREFREE

I have : Moon, venus, merc,jupiter the north node and pluto in scorpio.

I always focus on one person. And give it my all. but you have to understand that just because someone is a scorpio sun they might not be like this. Ive tested it. She had an aqua. moon. SO she didint like it....i was giving her something that she didint deserve and all that ****....the thing is Everyone deserves the best. I hate when someone says they dont deserve something...
But I learned that in order to get love I need to keep these feelings down. Scorpios have a rly. hard love life indeed. Ive never meet a girl that likes me for me :D so i might be considered a freak. We dwell,dwell and dwell on everything bad that happens to us. And it boils to a poisonous level. I even reject love sometimes, because I dont feel good in a relationship. I just dont feel good. Knowing that I will give everything and the person just wont. Or even leave me. It takes courage to love like we can......

Im a libra sun but still.... my 5th house is packed by scorpio....

Kite

A scorpion and a frog meet on the bank of a stream and the
scorpion asks the frog to carry him across on its back. The
frog asks, "How do I know you won't sting me?" The scorpion
says, "Because if I do, I will die too."

The frog is satisfied, and they set out, but in midstream,
the scorpion stings the frog. The frog feels the onset of
paralysis and starts to sink, knowing they both will drown,
but has just enough time to gasp "Why?"

Replies the scorpion: "Its my nature..."

Buff18

A scorpion and a frog meet on the bank of a stream and the
scorpion asks the frog to carry him across on its back. The
frog asks, "How do I know you won't sting me?" The scorpion
says, "Because if I do, I will die too."

The frog is satisfied, and they set out, but in midstream,
the scorpion stings the frog. The frog feels the onset of
paralysis and starts to sink, knowing they both will drown,
but has just enough time to gasp "Why?"

Replies the scorpion: "Its my nature..."

That is so true..

Monk

Premium Member
Scorpio, and Pluto can come out two ways, you can try to heal or do boil the bunny acts, as shown below:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XykEnBpyfr4

I can be brutal but polite in analysis of debate, sorry!

But i investigate the dark side, that doesn't make me a edgy person, obviously truth for me at least can be polite but brutal!

Obviously it was good for me that i investigate the Golden Ratio, i don't think many that have such a Scorpio/Karma influence would have been as sane as me, this influence creates vivid imagination and passions, as i got older i learned to deal with it by humour!

Obviousy i have an upside down Pentagram on my chart, many of Scorpio influence would not been able to deal with it, with Karma ("IMAGINATION"), and i'm not self obsorbed, i spin out to give information, my dark side is passive writing and humour, many that have Scorpio influences must have good edgy humour!

I don't have nasty stuff my Mars is in Piscis!

Link below:-

http://www.mauricefernandez.com/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2&t=1989

Large planetary aspects are hard, and confuse astrologers, even when they are minor aspects like quintiles and bi-quintiles, hell they become huge when you have studied the GOLDEN RATIO all your life!

Bunraku

My dog is a Scorpio and she pulls on the leash. She's a sweet girl though , she pees if she sees someone new because she gets excited (even after all that socialing)

tikana

My dog is a Scorpio and she pulls on the leash. She's a sweet girl though , she pees if she sees someone new because she gets excited (even after all that socialing)

my 5 year old gsd jumps into jacuzzi and takes bubble baths!!!
taurus!!!

astralrabbit

Account Closed
For us Plutonian influenced characters; Sub-consciously, It is the pain that we seek which seemingly helps to purify the waste from our ideas so that we can experience true love; which is unconditional of course. To give all, knowing that there is more to this experience than what we witness with our 5 senses, effectively drives our desires utilizing behaviors that most people would not consider of pragmatic or rational mind-set. The lower vibrational energies of the sign most often is created or experienced by the Plutonian individual so that a level of oneness with pain and torment can ensue; so that they can become cogniznat of the higher vibrational energy and actively become the essence of that one supreme healing energy. To love so deeply is truth, to experience that awareness of such truth, is in essence, divine liberation~

CAREFREE

easy answer

it is all or nothing
we dont do anything half *** (ohh wait i did 18 weeks of a useless class....barely passed the class LOL just did enough work to pass .. i coudl care less what is going on i that zoo)

yes brain says Leave.. heart doesn't let go .. scorpio chooses heart vs logic.

You are right Tikana. And I think we can also be misunderstood a lot. Few friend, few lovers, few can take us.... at least from my exp.

Aquamarine

Gosh I wish this was true of Scorpio, the one scorpio that I've known very intimately has moon, Venus, Mercury, and Pluto in Scorpio is the most unbending and cynical person I've ever met.
He's always claimed to love me but he's not once ever contacted me first in three years of knowing him.
It could be true and if it is I would say because Scorpio is a transformative sign and they are looking for something to take all their cynicism and disdain for mankind and change it.
I remember my Scorpio saying that what he used to love best about me was the entirely naive way I loved him. He says he wished I loved him that way again and yet he did everything he could to destroy my innocence (Aries here).

I really think they yearn to be proved wrong :love::love::love:
I don't think it's easy for them to live with such a deep understanding of the vileness in humans.

tikana

You are right Tikana. And I think we can also be misunderstood a lot. Few friend, few lovers, few can take us.... at least from my exp.

lol ppl misunderstand me 9 out of 10
my merc conj uranus . uranus conj sun are not mking any easier on them
so i tend to **** ppl off when i am not even intending to achieve that effect, so tech speaking i dont have to work hard at all at p*ssing them off.. then they get pissed when there is no intent and then i sit back and laugh.

therefore, everyone thinks the best of his/her own depravity

Last edited: