Should I renew the lease now or wait for another discount?

hildegard

Hello,

I have to renew my lease or find another apartment for the next school year. I have to renew the lease until the 28th of february if I want to live in the apartment I am living in right now.

The property changed hands and now is owned by another company. Initially they offered a rate which is around $40 higher than what I am paying right now. I waited and didn't renew the lease in the hope that they will offer a discount. And they did. They are offering $40 discount as long as I renew the lease until this sunday (16th of February).

I was wondering if they would offer a higher discount rate later in this month? Should I accept this rate or should I wait in the hope that they will offer a higher discount? I am really confused about what to do. At one hand I am really hesitant about losing the $40 discount I already have. On the other hand I would feel really angry if I accept this rate and if they offer a higher discount later.

Some may think the amount is trivial but as a grad student with a very tight budget it is not trivial to me :)

Here's the chat.

Thank you :)

Attachments

• lease.JPG
    lease.JPG
    107.3 KB · Views: 33

hildegard

Hi,
I renewed the lease. I didn't take the risk.

They didn't offer any new discount. Not that I know of at least. But you cannot really trust them. They said there will be absolutely no discounts and then they offered $40 discount to me.