Progressed Composite chart is it used?

Jovee1982

Before posting any questions, I always start off by saying, I am new. I would say in the medium stages of learning. I have an understanding of it and learning more and more. My question today is about Progressed Composite charts, is there such thing? is it something used by people to determine the course of a relationship? how long does the progression last since it is only temporary? I am sorry if my questions sound silly. I have attached a progressed composite chart for reference as well. I do want to thank any one that chooses to commit as I have been receiving great advise and insight on this forum and I greatly appreciate everyone ! It is through you that I am understanding astrology more and more, by the answers given. I wish I was as skilled and advanced as some of you. I tried looking at charts and I am not as fluent as I would love to be. I hope to lend my insight to some people on here as well, once I am able too. :biggrin:

Attachments

• composite progressed chart.jpg
    composite progressed chart.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 25

ElenaJ

You have to back up a few steps first.
What is a composite chart? It is created from the midpoints of the two natal charts involved. And it refers specifically to how the relationship between the two charts manifests itself. It is a relationship chart.
So, if the natal charts are progressed, which gives us a picture of how the two persons are progressing, we can then re-calculate the composite from the progressed charts to show where the relationship is at that point in time.
However, just as the progressed natal needs a reference point to the natal chart, so the progressed relationship chart needs a reference to both the basic composite and the natal charts. The progressed composite on it's own, I think is very generic and limited in the information it can give.
If you tell me, for example, "It's not far from here", without telling me from where to where, it's information that I can't really use. I need a reference point, I need to put it into context. Otherwise it is just information for its own sake.
Just posting one chart really doesn't have much meaning. It is a tool, and it has value when used for the analysis of a relationship and the individuals that compose the relationship.
The progressed composite on its own is detached from a concrete reality.
In your chart the moon is trine Venus. What does that mean? How are moon and Venus positioned and aspected in the natal charts? A midpoint can be calculated between the moons of the two natal charts, but we don't know here if the moons were in easy or difficult aspect. The midpoint of two moons squaring each other is one type of energy, the midpoint of two moons in trine is quite different. So when we combine the moon midpoint with other midpoints in a composite, how does that relate to the original charts? If the natal moons are in square, the Venuses in opposition, and together they form a T-square, then the progressed composite moon trine Venus will show a moment in time with a softening but not perfection of these two energies. Because their starting points are stressed.
On the other hand, if the natal moons are trine, and one sits on the Venus of the other person, and the two Venuses are in sextile, it's a lovely aspect, and if when progressed becomes a moon/venus trine, we have a relationship with a great love that is reaching a culmination.
How long does it last? It lasts for the period for which the progression is calculated.
In summary, the progressed composite is a tool, and can give further insight into a relationship, when in reference to the original natal charts.
There is more, but for the moment, I hope this is a clear explanation to start with.

Last edited:

Jovee1982

It definitely does! I am getting so much information from the internet searches and I think your right. I am bouncing all over the place, I start with one thing then i read something else and I am like “Oh, what’s that?” Lol literally like a toddler bumping into everything. Thank as always I value your input.

ElenaJ

Want to take at look at a real case?
Here is a synastry chart of two sisters-in-law. Question is, do they get along?
In one natal we see the moon conjunct a serious Saturn, very self-controlled and responsible. The other has a sun/moon opposition squaring mars, inwardly unsettled and apt to be rash, irritable, with anger issues. Saturn in wide orb completes a grand cross, so there are also problems relating to duty, responsibility, also issues with low self-confidence.
We see the two mars in exact square between them, which tells us there is a lot of friction between the two. Also a pluto/saturn conjunction, so the controlling behaviour of the first sets off the grand cross of the second woman. Quite explosive.
In the composite the first thing that jumps out is the moon/mars conjunct in the 3rd of communications, near the cusp of the 4th of home. This reflects what we already saw in the synastry chart. In addition, the conjunction is square Uranus, again explosive. On the descendent of the relationship we find Neptune, in trine to the moon/mars, so they try to put on a good face (illusion, deception) for us to see.
How are they handling this relationship today? The progressed composite shows sun/mercury/venus conjunct, so they are being friendly, but unpredictable Uranus is exactly on the sun, so they need lots of room and freedom for it to work. The moon/neptune conjunct refers to a certain emotional deception between the two, they pretend, and they use the transformation power and generosity of the pluto/jupiter conjunction to help them. The moons nodes exactly on the Ascendent/desc axis all square the pluto/jupiter, reinforcing the power issues between them.
So, do they get along?
Based on the synastry and composite, no. Based on the progressed composite, no but they are working on a semblance of it.
In case you haven't guessed, the charts are Meghan and Kate's.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-12-26 at 10.30.03 copia.jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-12-26 at 10.30.03 copia.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 21
  • Screen Shot 2018-12-26 at 10.41.52 copia.jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-12-26 at 10.41.52 copia.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 16
  • Screen Shot 2018-12-26 at 10.45.48 copia.jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-12-26 at 10.45.48 copia.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 20

Jovee1982

Want to take at look at a real case?
Here is a synastry chart of two sisters-in-law. Question is, do they get along?
In one natal we see the moon conjunct a serious Saturn, very self-controlled and responsible. The other has a sun/moon opposition squaring mars, inwardly unsettled and apt to be rash, irritable, with anger issues. Saturn in wide orb completes a grand cross, so there are also problems relating to duty, responsibility, also issues with low self-confidence.
We see the two mars in exact square between them, which tells us there is a lot of friction between the two. Also a pluto/saturn conjunction, so the controlling behaviour of the first sets off the grand cross of the second woman. Quite explosive.
In the composite the first thing that jumps out is the moon/mars conjunct in the 3rd of communications, near the cusp of the 4th of home. This reflects what we already saw in the synastry chart. In addition, the conjunction is square Uranus, again explosive. On the descendent of the relationship we find Neptune, in trine to the moon/mars, so they try to put on a good face (illusion, deception) for us to see.
How are they handling this relationship today? The progressed composite shows sun/mercury/venus conjunct, so they are being friendly, but unpredictable Uranus is exactly on the sun, so they need lots of room and freedom for it to work. The moon/neptune conjunct refers to a certain emotional deception between the two, they pretend, and they use the transformation power and generosity of the pluto/jupiter conjunction to help them. The moons nodes exactly on the Ascendent/desc axis all square the pluto/jupiter, reinforcing the power issues between them.
So, do they get along?
Based on the synastry and composite, no. Based on the progressed composite, no but they are working on a semblance of it.
In case you haven't guessed, the charts are Meghan and Kate's.

You are Amazing !!! 😮👌🙌🏼. I am going to use this as a learning tool, the way you dissected this chart and in a way that made sense was great. I totally understand what you meant in the previous post now. Thank you so so much.