Intelligence in a chart

love-thinking

I have been looking at legendary scientists or just those that are said to have a high IQ, this is what I have found.

3rd house mercury in gemini or aquarius.
eg thomas edison and nikola tesla has a third house mercury
thomas edison mercury in aquarius and nikola tesla mercury in gemini

Ung Yong Kim has mercury in aquarius

Mercury conjunct saturn
I know I was surprised too, but a lot of them seem to have this aspect.
eg Nikola Tesla, Albert Einstein, Ung Yong Kim(said to have the highest IQ in the world-has a lot of achievements at an early age)
Isaac Newton has the square between mercury and saturn. Stephen Hawking has the trine.

This one I was really surprised because of the fact that capricorn is not always a sign associated with intelligence. But then again saturn is the co-ruler of aquarius and also this could mean that they have the ability to discipline their minds to actually learn, unlike gemini and aquarius energies that activate curiosity and progressive ideas.

Mercury in aspect to uranus-which is no surprise there.
eg Stephen Hawking, Ung Yong Kim, Benjamin Yantanyahu(said to have a high IQ, Albert Einstein had the inconjunction. Thomas Edison who did not have mercury in aspect to uranus, had mercury in aquarius.

There also seems to be 3rd house and 10th house activity. Which comes to no surprise(3rd house being the house of gemini and 10th house being the house of careers -and many of them are in 'smart' fields)

10th house mercury-albert einstein. Benjamin Netanyahu. (including him does not convey my thoughts and opinions about the israel-palestine issue-so I don't want to hear comments about that-this is not political)

Mercury also aspects the ascendent or the sun.

I have observed actors and actresses said to have a high IQ-they didn't have these markers-reason for that could be because they didn't enter scientific or revolutionary fields.

So to sum it off, I think whatever aspects the mercury influence the way you think or learn. However, unless you have 10th house mercury energies, or even prominant aspects from mercury to sun, ascendent, you will not be KNOWN for your intelligence or become a famous scientist/mathematician

For those of you that have mercury with saturn, uranus, and with whatever else planet, one of your goals in this life time here is to learn how to learn effectively in regards to that planet.

For example, mercury-uranus-learn to apply what you learned to the real world-and form ideas of how this knowledge can be used, be creative with it. Maybe convey and teach the content to others in a very eccentric ways with interesting imaginary stories related to the content.

Mercury-mars-application, hands on, how you actually apply the information that you learnt.

Mercury-neptune, make a story, us imagination to form a story that relates to the content/information
or roleplay ;)

Merury-saturn-plan how you are going to study, repeatedly memorize the content that you must know, but also form connections to words that will help you remember things better. Also learn how to discriminate and undergo the process of elimination when you need to like in the case of multiple choice questions.

katydid

Great OP.

I think it makes total sense there is a connection to Saturn and Mercury in many iconic genius charts.

Saturn gives the Mercury the ability to make ideas work in the real world. It grounds them and makes them built prototypes and see if they actually work with Earth's laws. :alien:

Michael

Legendary Arab scientist Al Biruni (link to chart) has a strong Mercury, but I wonder if his Sun near the ascendant means more.

I think both Sun and Mercury represent intelligence.

ProudFrog

I am not fond of astrology, it is more I have my doubts about its veracity, without the intention of offending. But I like to inquire about any subject and what I know about this matter after seeing many "natal charts" I have determined that intelligence itself is high iq and so on, is reflected mostly through oppositions with neptune to mercury having aspects to Mars in mercury or a mercury in Aries. This after reviewing many natal charts, then we could also say that an urano or a Pluto in house 3 also intensifies the native's intelligence from my point of view. What do you think?

greybeard

"High intelligence" (IQ) does not always manifest as high intelligence. Other psychological factors influence its expression.

Moon-Mercury together symbolize "mind". If they are not in balance, "intelligence" may find it difficult to shine through.

SCP11

Merury-saturn-plan how you are going to study, repeatedly memorize the content that you must know, but also form connections to words that will help you remember things better. Also learn how to discriminate and undergo the process of elimination when you need to like in the case of multiple choice questions.

I have mercury loosely conjunct saturn in aries, i like to understand the most basic components that make something so that i can understand anything that comes out of it, but sometimes this takes time and when teachers would teach something in school to simply memorise or learn without explaining the basic structure, i'd hate it! I had a foreign language teacher for example, who didn't teach us how to sentence structure, all the most basic words, the rules for spelling, so i couldn't understand how to do anything! I'd also hate it when there was no method to the way we were being taught something, like, organise yourselves man! xD

For studying for school exams, i'd enjoy drawing things out into diagrams, i can't just be writing a bunch of words.

Capricorn is the sign of my third house, so saturn being it's ruler too makes sense, since capricorn is associated with the skeleton, it likes to understand the structure of things, and i have the asteroid Pallas there too.

Overall however, a lot of these logical type intelligences get offset by other types e.g. i have a lot of significant water placements

greybeard

The "IQ" sort of "intelligence" is too limited, and too much influenced by other psychological traits to be of much value in measuring likelihood of success in life.

Ak95

Hello to everybody.
I am really surprised to read that information about the aspects of Mercury. I was wondering one afternoon which are the classical aspects in the ASTRO chart which indicate intelligence and landed in your page by chance. My astrological aspects are abundant in mercury (mercury - uranus, mercury - saturn, mercury Mars, mercury - ascendant and mercury - pluto). I also have a 10th house in Mercury. I never considered myself a really "intelligent" person, but I have to say that I developed interests in my youth that were not typical for other people at my age. On the other hand, I think that intelligence is also a broad term that needs to be broken down to specific criteria, since there are many different types of intelligence. But at the end of the day, knowing this information really doesn't change anything :D (sorry if there are any mistakes, English is not my first language).

starsRus

Hi my son is very intelligent almost 17 , he is a rebel though at times . Aced adult IQ test at 12. Left school with top marks in triple science despite never revising and constantly being sent out of class for arguing with his teachers. He get away with it as the head teacher had his back!

Mercury dominant chart with no water apart from Pisces ascendant , which worries me!?
Mercury in Virgo in 6th house opp ascendant
Mercury square Saturn
Mercury square Pluto
Mercury trine Moon

Also sun ☀️ conjunct mars in Leo also 6th house opposite Uranus . Extremely critical! He displays random blurts of OCD . Like I’d come home one day he’d be outside hoovering windows. Or on top of kitchen cupboards scrubbing them . Telling me how dirty my home was , although it wasn’t. When he wasn’t cleaning he was busy making a big ole mess ! 😂😂😂

Last edited:

Ekonomist13

I've been researching intelligence and personality tests for quite some time.

There are many various sorts of intelligence, so we should define some of them and map them to certain signs/elements/modalities.

Howard Gardener mentions 9 types of intelligence, however to map them to zodiac signs, we would need to invent 3 more, or combine the 9 to leave only 4 or 3 (depending on our wish to analyze elements or modalities).

Types of intelligence according to Gardener:

1. Naturalist (nature smart)
2. Musical (sound smart)
3. Logical-mathematical (number/reasoning smart)
4. Existential (life smart)
5. Interpersonal (people smart)
6. Bodily-kinesthetic (body smart)
7. Linguistic (word smart)
8. Intra-personal (self smart)
9. Spatial (picture smart)

However, due to our limitations and some of the common factors in above mentioned types of intelligence, if I was to research this topic I'd have as follows:

1. Logical-mathematical (number-reasoning) would combine with musical and naturalist, reasons being, maths is just a language to describe nature, and music has its' core in frequencies, that is, numbers and their multipliers.

2. Emotional (EQ, interpersonal, intrapersonal) - would cover the interpersonal, intrapersonal and linguistic (how do you imagine influencing people if you can't express yourself properly?)

and

3. Kinetic (including existential, bodily-kinesthetic and spatial due to their shared properties of geometry and palpability) would cover the rest.

If such a division of intelligence is taken into account, one would intuitively map it like this:

1. Standard IQ (numerical and stuff) are reserved for mutable signs (pisces,even though they use the analytics most often while analyzing other people's emotions, they're often found analyzing credit risks in some banks, virgo, gemini, sag)

2. EQ is reserved for Libra, Cap, Aries and Cancer as they most depend on their interpersonal skills (Aries, Libra) and intrapersonal (Cap, Cancer).

and

3. Kinetic is reserved for Scorpio (the hypersexual muscular type), Aquarius (due to being on the move and very...superficial, Taurus (you wouldn't say?) and Leo, who sleep a lot so they could regenerate their estethics and energy.

Of course, this is just a generalization, but probably the most precise one including only three types of inteliigence. The combinations of our planets and houses makes you a more versatile and less predictable person. So if you for example, 5 fixed, 5 cardinal and only 3 mutables in your natal chart, it's best to consider your intelligence to shine in inter/intrapersonal relations and kinestethics (you place bigger priority on estethics, simetry and excercise).

As one of my goals in life, I would like to expand this analysis with a scientific experiment set up in order to try and prove the underyling patterns regarding zodiac and their intelligence types, mainly because I've given up on mapping their personalities with their zodiac signs in a statistically significant way. While your personalities tend to change over time, some more than other, your intelligence skillset is one that can only be improved over time, and you're less likely to develop one you're not meant to on a competitive, career or success making, scale.

So I would like to use this opportunity to invite researchers interested in collaboration to PM me, as I have it all set up in my head, but could always use some help to make it faster and more precise, as well as less biased.

Last edited:

Ekonomist13

Intelligence is less important than actually knowing how your brain works to use the intelligence that you have.

You can use an IQ test(Stanford Binet or Wechsler, or Gardner's work) and it will give intelligence, but it won't help you in understanding how the brain works to be successful or not.

The Myers-Briggs is not an intelligence test, but its far more useful in determining how we use the intelligence that we have.

That kind of learning requires much more.

Intelligence is exactly how your brain works. What you're referring to is "smartness, knowledge", you've combined it with different personalities and that's too wide to even talk about it while trying to generalize, IMO.

If you don't believe me, try to imagine a 4-D cube, and when you realize you can't, you'll see some people are just born with different ways their brain works - different types of intelligence.

Personally, I still can't imagine a 4-d cube but I can make a model of it, because I've learned how. So knowledge can be learned, but intelligence, hardly, if at all.

At the same time, personalities change in the same way you change your diet, location or surrounding people. So it's pretty hard to map certain personalities, which tend to change, with different intelligence types, which can only be excercised or not.

Not to mention there's the factor of motivation. Try to nail any of the intelligence tests without enjoying the questions asked in them and let me know what your score was. So if you're interested in something, it's probably because that's connected to the way your brain works.

Remember, everything in this universe obeys the "least action law", that is, will follow the path which requires the least amount of energy.

Last edited:

petosiris

Banned
The "IQ" sort of "intelligence" is too limited, and too much influenced by other psychological traits to be of much value in measuring likelihood of success in life.

Are you sure that you are talking about the most successful psychometric factor so far invented for measuring likelihood of success in life?

AJ Astrology

So to sum it off, I think whatever aspects the mercury influence the way you think or learn. However, unless you have 10th house mercury energies, or even prominant aspects from mercury to sun, ascendent, you will not be KNOWN for your intelligence or become a famous scientist/mathematician

Hi love-thinking,

That's not true at all.

Robert Oppenheimer has H12 Taurus Sun and Mercury with Mercury separated from Sun by 20 degrees. MC ruler Jupiter is in Aries H11 and Saturn is in Aquarius H9.

Oppenheimer is well known globally, since he developed uranium and plutonium fission weapons for the US, two of which were used on Japan.

Oniket Vivlioflos

I have been looking at legendary scientists or just those that are said to have a high IQ, this is what I have found.

3rd house mercury in gemini or aquarius.
eg thomas edison and nikola tesla has a third house mercury
thomas edison mercury in aquarius and nikola tesla mercury in gemini

Ung Yong Kim has mercury in aquarius

Mercury conjunct saturn
I know I was surprised too, but a lot of them seem to have this aspect.
eg Nikola Tesla, Albert Einstein, Ung Yong Kim(said to have the highest IQ in the world-has a lot of achievements at an early age)
Isaac Newton has the square between mercury and saturn. Stephen Hawking has the trine.

This one I was really surprised because of the fact that capricorn is not always a sign associated with intelligence. But then again saturn is the co-ruler of aquarius and also this could mean that they have the ability to discipline their minds to actually learn, unlike gemini and aquarius energies that activate curiosity and progressive ideas.

Mercury in aspect to uranus-which is no surprise there.
eg Stephen Hawking, Ung Yong Kim, Benjamin Yantanyahu(said to have a high IQ, Albert Einstein had the inconjunction. Thomas Edison who did not have mercury in aspect to uranus, had mercury in aquarius.

There also seems to be 3rd house and 10th house activity. Which comes to no surprise(3rd house being the house of gemini and 10th house being the house of careers -and many of them are in 'smart' fields)

10th house mercury-albert einstein. Benjamin Netanyahu. (including him does not convey my thoughts and opinions about the israel-palestine issue-so I don't want to hear comments about that-this is not political)

Mercury also aspects the ascendent or the sun.

I have observed actors and actresses said to have a high IQ-they didn't have these markers-reason for that could be because they didn't enter scientific or revolutionary fields.

For those of you that have mercury with saturn, uranus, and with whatever else planet, one of your goals in this life time here is to learn how to learn effectively in regards to that planet.

For example, mercury-uranus-learn to apply what you learned to the real world-and form ideas of how this knowledge can be used, be creative with it. Maybe convey and teach the content to others in a very eccentric ways with interesting imaginary stories related to the content.

Mercury-mars-application, hands on, how you actually apply the information that you learnt.

Mercury-neptune, make a story, us imagination to form a story that relates to the content/information
or roleplay ;)

I've my Mercury in Capricorn in 4th house .
my Mercury aspects:
Mercury trine Saturn orb -2°44'
Sun conjunction Mercury orb +8°29'
Mercury trine Jupiter orb +4°36'
Mercury conjunction Neptune orb +8°33'

Your views?

Harmelia

I think you have to have a very large study to conclude much using aspects between planets. I have 11 Mensa level IQ charts, and none of them have Mercury square, trine, or conjunct Saturn. There is one opposition.

I'm interested in Mars-Mercury relationships for intelligence signatures. In my Mensa group, 2 have Mars conjunct Mercury, 1 trine, 1 square and no oppositions.

What's interesting is the nodal axes. Of the 11 charts, 3 people have Gemini-Sag axis; 4 people have a Virgo-Pisces axis; 3 Libra-Aries - with all SN in Libra; and one Taurus-Scorpio. The Libra south nodes is VERY INTERESTING to me. One Libra SN has Venus conjunct Uranus. Another has Venus in the same sign as Uranus (Sag); and the third has Venus in Capricorn in the 11th.

Anyway, it is an interesting topic. I hope to collect more Mensa charts to study it further. I haven't yet done a formal study.

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

I think you have to have a very large study to conclude much using aspects between planets. I have 11 Mensa level IQ charts, and none of them have Mercury square, trine, or conjunct Saturn. There is one opposition.

I'm interested in Mars-Mercury relationships for intelligence signatures. In my Mensa group, 2 have Mars conjunct Mercury, 1 trine, 1 square and no oppositions.

What's interesting is the nodal axes. Of the 11 charts, 3 people have Gemini-Sag axis; 4 people have a Virgo-Pisces axis; 3 Libra-Aries - with all SN in Libra; and one Taurus-Scorpio. The Libra south nodes is VERY INTERESTING to me. One Libra SN has Venus conjunct Uranus. Another has Venus in the same sign as Uranus (Sag); and the third has Venus in Capricorn in the 11th.

Anyway, it is an interesting topic. I hope to collect more Mensa charts to study it further. I haven't yet done a formal study.
https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1012609#post1012609

41. Mind
Moon and Mercury predominate mind

Saturn powerful makes them lovers of the body, strong-minded, deep thinkers, austere, of single purpose, laborious, dictatorial, ready to punish, lovers of property, avaricious, violent, amassing treasure, and jealous, Saturn inoperative makes them sordid, ignorant, indifferent, mean-minded, malignant, cowardly, diffident, evil-speakers, solitary, tearful, shameless, superstitious, fond of toil, unfeeling, devisers of plots against their friends, gloomy, and taking no care of the body

Saturn and Jupiter powerful make them good, respectful to elders, sedate, noble-minded, helpful, critical, fond of possessions, magnanimous, generous, of good intentions, lovers of their friends, gentle, patient, and wise, Saturn and Jupiter inoperative make them uncultured, easily frightened, mad, superstitious, suspicious, hating their own children, friendless, hiding within doors, without judgement, knavishly foolish, venomous, hypocritical, ineffective, unambitious, prone to change their minds, faithless, stern, solitary, cautious, but nevertheless foolish, and submissive to abuse

Saturn and Mars powerful make them neither good nor bad, industrious, outspoken, nuisances, cowardly braggarts, harsh in conduct, pitiless, contemptuous, rough, contentious, rash, deceitful, tenacious of anger, unmoved by pleading, tyrannical, grasping, fond of strife, malignant, active, impatient, blustering, boastful, injurious, unjust, not to be despised, inflexible, busy-bodies, but at the same time adroit and practical, not to be overborne by rivals, and generally successful with achieving their ends, Saturn and Mars inoperative make them robbers, pirates, adulterous, takers of base profits, submissive to disgraceful treatment, godless, without affection, insulting, crafty, thieves, perjurers, murderers, evildoers, homicides, poisoners, impious, and utterly depraved

Saturn and Venus powerful make them haters of women, lovers of antiquity, solitary, unpleasant to meet, unambitious, hating the beautiful, envious, stern in social relations, not companionable, of fixed opinions, prophetic, given to the practice of religious rites, mystics, religious addicts, but dignified and reverent, modest, philosophical, faithful in marriage, self-controlled, calculating, cautious, quick to take offence, and easily led by jealousy to be suspicious of their wives, Saturn and Venus inoperative make them loose, lascivious, the doers of base acts, undiscriminating and unclean in sexual relations, impure, deceivers of women and particularly their own kin, unsound, censorious, depraved, hating the beautiful, fault-finders, evil-speakers, drunken, servile, lawless in sexual relations both active and passive, both natural and unnatural, and willing to seek them with those barred by age, position, or law, or with animals, impious, faithless, deriding mysteries and sacred rites, slanderous, poisoners, and rogues who will stop at nothing

Saturn and Mercury powerful make them meddlers, inquisitive, inquirers into matters of law and custom, fond of the art of medicine, mystics, partakers in secret rites, miracle-workers, cheaters, living only for the day, facile, able to direct business, shrewd and bitter, accurate, sober, friendly, fond of practical affairs, and capable of gaining their ends, Saturn and Mercury inoperative make them frivolous talkers, malignant, given to toil, hating their own kin, harsh and fond of torment, gloomy, night-prowlers, layers of ambushes, traitors, unsympathetic, thieves, forgers, magicians, poisoners, unscrupulous, unfortunate, and usually unsuccessful

Jupiter powerful makes them magnanimous, generous, god-fearing, honourable, pleasure-loving, kind, magnificent, liberal, just, high-minded, dignified, minding their own business, affectionate, compassionate, fond of discussion, helpful, and with qualities of leadership, Jupiter inoperative makes them similar, but with difference in the direction of greater humility, less conspicuousness and poorer judgement, for instead of magnanimity, they are endowed with prodigality, instead of reverence, with superstition, instead of modesty, with cowardice, instead of dignity, with conceit, instead of kindness, with foolish simplicity, instead of the love of beauty, with love of pleasure, instead of high-mindedness, with stupidity, instead of liberality, with indifference, and the like

Jupiter and Mars powerful make them rough, pugnacious, military, managerial, restless, unruly, ardent, reckless, practical, outspoken, critical, effective, contentious, commanding, respectable, given to plotting, virile, fond of victory, and magnanimous, ambitious, passionate, judicious, and successful, Jupiter and Mars inoperative make them insolent, undiscriminating, savage, seditious, contentious, implacable, stubborn, slanderous, conceited, avaricious, rapacious, light and quickly changeable, readily changing their minds, unstable, untrustworthy, of poor judgement, unfeeling, active, querulous, prodigal, gossipy, and those who are in all ways uneven and easily excited

Jupiter and Venus powerful make them pure, pleasure-loving, lovers of the beautiful, of children, of spectacles, and of the arts, singers, fond of those who reared them, of good character, fond of learning, beneficent, compassionate, guileless, religious, wise, prone to athletic training, fond of competition, affectionate, charming in dignified way, and magnanimous, fair, charitable, of good judgement, moderate and decorous in matters of love, fond of their kinsfolk, pious, just, seekers after glory, and generally gentlemanly, Jupiter and Venus inoperative make them luxurious, fond of the dance, soft-livers, effeminate, lavish in expenditure, evil in relations with women, erotic, lascivious, lecherous, slanderous, and adulterous, lovers of ornament, rather soft, lazy, profligate, given to fault-finding, passionate, the adorners of their persons, womanly minded, infatuated by religious rites, panderers, frequenters of the mysteries, trustworthy however and not rascally, but gracious, easy of approach, and cheerful, and those who are inclined to liberality in misfortune

Jupiter and Mercury powerful make them learned, geometricians, mathematicians, poets, orators, fond of discussion, gifted, sober, intelligent, good in counsel, statesmen, benefactors, managers, good-natured, generous, lovers of the mob, shrewd, successful, leaders, reverent, religious, well brought up, affectionate, lovers of their own kin, philosophical, skilful in business, and dignified, Jupiter and Mercury make them simple, garrulous, prone to make mistakes, contemptible, those who are fanatical and religious enthusiasts, speakers of folly, inclined to bitterness, pretenders to wisdom, fools, boasters, students, magicians, somewhat deranged, but well informed and of good memory, teachers, and those who are pure in their desires

Mars powerful makes them noble, commanding, military, versatile, powerful, venturesome, rash, unruly, indifferent, keen, headstrong, contemptuous, tyrannical, active, spirited, easily angered, and with qualities of leadership, Mars inoperative makes them savage, insolent, bloodthirsty, the makers of disturbances, spendthrifts, loud-mouthed, quick-fisted, impetuous, drunken, rapacious, evil-doers, pitiless, unsettled, mad, haters of their own kin, and impious

Mars and Venus powerful make them pleasing, cheerful, friendly, soft-living, happy, playful, and graceful, fond of the dance, erotic, artistic, imitative, pleasure-loving, able to secure themselves property, masculine, given to misconduct in matters of love, but still successful, circumspect, and sensible, difficult to convict and discreet, passionate for both young men and young women, and spendthrifts, quick-tempered, and jealous, Mars and Venus inoperative make them leering, liars, lascivious, profligate, indifferent, slanderous, adulterous, insolent, deceivers, seducers of those both in their own families and in those of others, at the same time keen and insatiate of pleasure, the corrupters of women and maidens, venturesome, ardent, unruly, treacherous, perjurers, easily influenced and of unsound mind, fond of adornment, disposed to base practices, and shameless

Mars and Mercury powerful make them the leaders of armies, skilful, vigorous, active, not to be despised, resourceful and inventive, sophistic, painstaking, rascally, talkative, pugnacious, tricky, unstable, systematic workers, practising evil arts, keen-witted, deceitful, hypocritical, insidious, of bad character, meddlers, but nevertheless successful and capable of keeping contract and faith with persons like themselves and generally injurious to their enemies and helpful to their friends, Mars and Mercury inoperative make them spendthrifts, avaricious, savage, venturesome, daring, prone to change their minds, excitable, easily aroused, liars, thieves, impious, perjurers, ready to take the offensive, seditious, kindlers of fires, creators of disturbances, insolent, pirates, burglars, murderers, forgers, villains, wizards, magicians, sorcerers, and homicides

Venus powerful makes them pleasant, good, luxurious, eloquent, neat, cheerful, fond of dancing, eager for beauty, haters of evil, lovers of the arts, fond of spectacles, decorous, healthy, dreamers of pleasant dreams, affectionate, beneficent, compassionate, kind, fastidious, easily conciliated, successful, and charming, Venus inoperative makes them careless, erotic, effeminate, womanish, timid, indifferent, depraved, censorious, insignificant, and meriting reproach

Venus and Mercury powerful make them artistic, philosophical, gifted with understanding, poets, lovers of the arts, lovers of beauty, talented, of worthy character, seekers after enjoyment, those who are luxurious, happy, fond of friends, pious, sagacious, resourceful, intelligent, successful, quick to learn, self-taught, seekers after the best, the imitators of beauty, eloquent and pleasing in speech, commanding affection, of well-ordered character, earnest, fond of athletics, upright, of good judgement, magnanimous, restrained in their relations with women, but more passionate for boys, and jealous, Venus and Mercury inoperative make them pugnacious, resourceful, unstable, evil-speakers, of bad intentions, deceivers, agitators, liars, slanderers, perjurers, thorough rascals, plotters, faithless, unreliable, adulterous, the corrupters of women and children, adorners of their persons, rather effeminate, malicious in censure and in gossip, garrulous, villains, those who are sometimes feigning such acts, sometimes performing them in earnest, lending themselves to base acts and performing them, and subjected to all sorts of base treatment

Mercury powerful makes them wise, shrewd, thoughtful, learned, inventive, experienced, good calculators, inquirers into nature, speculative, gifted, emulous, beneficent, prudent, those who are good at conjecture, mathematicians, partakers in mysteries, and successful in attaining their ends, Mercury inoperative makes them utter rascals, precipitate, forgetful, impetuous, fickle, prone to change their minds, foolish rogues, undiscriminating, unstable, undependable, avaricious, unjust, witless, sinful, and generally unsteady in judgement and inclined to evil deeds

Sun powerful and configured with the predominators makes them more successful, honourable, distinguished, just, and religious, when inoperative and not configured with the predominators, it makes them less successful, more toilsome, more savage, more obstinate, and with harder lives

Moon increasing gives greater natural endowments, renown, firmness, and frankness, when it is decreasing, it gives greater sluggishness and dullness, less fixity of purpose, greater cautiousness, and less renown, within 15° of the nodes, it gives greater keenness, activity, and excitability, and within 15° of the bendings, it gives greater versatility, resourcefulness, and capacity for change

Moon and Mercury powerful and configured with their predominators make the nativities open, unimpeded, spontaneous, and effective, when they are inoperative and not configured with their predominators, they render them obscure, indistinct, imperfect, and ineffective in action

Moon in first quarter and morning additive planets make them liberal, simple, self-willed, strong, noble, keen, and open, Moon in second quarter and morning subtractive planets make them firm, calculating, patient, of good memory, intelligent, magnanimous, accomplishing what they desire, inflexible, robust, rough, not readily deceived, critical, practical, prone to inflict punishment, and those who are gifted with understanding, Moon in third quarter and evening subtractive planets make them easily changed, unstable, weak, unable to bear labour, emotional, humble, cowardly, deceitful, bullying, dull and slow-witted, and hard to arouse, Moon in fourth quarter and evening additive planets make them noble and wise, but with mediocre memory, not painstaking nor fond of labour, but investigators of hidden things and seekers after the unknown, magicians, adepts in the mysteries, the makers of instruments and machines, astrologers, philosophers, and the like

Aries, Cancer, Libra and Capricorn make minds that are fitted for dealing with the people, fond of turbulence and political activity, glory-seeking, religious, noble, mobile, inquisitive, inventive, good at conjecture, and fitted for astrology, Taurus, Leo, Scorpio and Aquarius make them hard, just, unaffected by flattery, persistent, firm, intelligent, patient, industrious, stern, self-controlled, tenacious of grudges, and extortionate, contentious, ambitious, factious, grasping, and inflexible, Gemini, Virgo, Sagittarius and Pisces make them complex, changeable, hard to apprehend, light, unstable, fickle, amorous, versatile, fond of music, lazy, and those who are easily acquisitive

Mars predominates the affairs of males, Venus predominates the affairs of females, Saturn makes cautiousness, hesitancy and frigidity, Jupiter makes decorum, restraint and modesty, Mars makes promiscuity, unrestraint and disgrace, Venus makes elegance, desire and beauty, Mercury makes notoriety, versatility and foresight, Saturn with Mars and Venus make impurity and abuse, when the predominators are powerful, they indicate distinguished individuals, when they are operative, they indicate moderate positions, and when they are inoperative, they indicate low positions

Predominators of the mind without configuration with each other and the Hour-Marker while in assembly, tetragon and diameter with maleficent planets cause diseases of the mind, particularly when the maleficent planets are powerful or in complete configurations, when beneficent planets are not configured with predominators, they cause incurable and conspicuous insanity, but when Jupiter and Venus are configured, diseases are latent, obscure, and mitigated, particularly when they are powerful or in complete configurations, they bring about treatment by medicine and the aid of good physicians, predominators of Moon and Mercury indicate diseases, Saturn and Mars cause early onset as morning and eastern planets, and later onset as evening and western planets

Saturn causes depressive disorders, anxiety disorders and sleep disorders
Jupiter causes dissociative disorders, addictive disorders and personality disorders
Mars causes disruptive disorders, impulse-control disorders and conduct disorders
Venus causes somatic disorders, sexual disorders and paraphilic disorders
Mercury causes neurodevelopmental disorders, psychotic disorders and neurocognitive disorders

Sun and Moon made masculine cause males to exceed in the natural qualities, and females in the unnatural qualities, when Mars and Venus are made masculine, males become addicted to natural intercourse, insatiate, adulterous, and ready on every occasion for base and lawless acts of sexual passion, while females become lustful for unnatural congresses and cast inviting glances of the eye, when one planet is made masculine, they do these things secretly and not openly, but when the two planets are made masculine, without reserve, so that sometimes they marry their women

Sun and Moon made feminine cause females to exceed in the natural qualities, and males in the unnatural qualities, when Mars and Venus are made feminine, females become depraved, lustful, and adulterous, with the result that they may be dealt with in the natural manner on any occasion and by any one soever, and so that they refuse no sexual act, though it be base or unlawful, while males become effeminate and unsound with respect to unnatural congresses, when one planet is made feminine, they do these things secretly and not openly, but when the two planets are made feminine, their shamelessness is outright and frank, so that they submit to general abuse and to every baseness until they are stamped with the reproach and insult that attend such usages