Transiting North Node Conjunct Natal Sun

Jlynn

Premium Member
Hello everyone,

I was wondering if my transiting NN, conjunct Natal (Leo) Sun, will have any effect on me? I was told my ego may become unbearable to those around me.

Thank you :biggrin::):):)

miquar

Hi. I'm not sure why you were told that. If you are fortunate, you will experience something under this transit - perhaps an awareness or opportunity will arise that has something do with feeding your Leo Sun in a way you haven't before. It could be an interesting time, especially if the (true) north lunar node hangs around close to your Sun for a couple of months (it seems to just about stop for a two month period about twice a year). Use the time to get in touch with this part of you in a healthy way - feel that solar radiance flowing out of you and let it speak to you - move you. If you just immediately act on any surge of enthusiasm you may miss something important.

Best wishes

Miquar

Jlynn

Premium Member
I have been ill for awhile... right after I joined this site, so I haven't been very active. I noticed the last few days I have been feeling better, new treatments, and just feeling more energized. I looked at my transits to see if anything was going on that may have assisted in my feeling better. I have some pretty harsh transits going on, but I noticed the NN is roughly at 9.17 degrees... My natal Leo Sun, 1.51 degrees. I don't know if this wide conj. has anything to do with my feeling better. I hope it doesn't make things worse as it draws closer to my sun. Transiting Mars is on my AC, opposite my Sun... which also means, transiting Uranus is square my Natal Sun. Maybe I'm just fighting harder?

Jlynn

Premium Member
Are you a Vedic Astrologer? I have heard there are exact conjunctions, close conjunctions, and wide conjunctions. When do you begin to feel a close conjunction? Around 2-3 degrees? I've read where certain astrologers believe wide conjunctions are anywhere from 6-10 degrees.

I don't think you'll be feeling it while the conjunction is that wide.

rahu

Banned
hi Jlynn

you have your Jupiter/Uranus midpoint conjunct your sun exactly to 2 arc seconds so when the node transits your sun you could expect to be in a very excitable mental state. there may be major changes in your life involving relationships or changes in the workplace. this can also be a mind expansion vibration so your might take interest in a new ideas or subjects.
it could be travel but whatever occurs you are in for a expansion of your mind.
with moon conjunct the node and square to Uranus , you already have very strong astral/psychic abilities. very likely you have vivid and prophetic dreams and you intuitions are always on the money.
though with the pluto/Jupiter midpoint conjunct your sun also, you might have more sudden and mysterious health problems.
actually as you have mentioned your current health problems, it seems that your life is characterized by robust health punctuated by sudden and serious health issues.
rahu

HYS

Many astrologers would say that the Nodes cast no rays but from experience I can say their aspects can be felt. That's why we have included the North Node transit interpretations in to our Personalized Daily Horoscope, together with Lilith (that usualy is also considered rayless).

In general the effect is simmilar to Jupiter's transit, but with important differences. While Jupiter stimulates hopes, whishes and can lead to "dreaming the transit out", the Node is usualy felt as a social event, social connection or something connected to people around the person.

Jlynn

Premium Member
Thank you Rahu,

When the NN finally conjuncts my Sun, I hope it will be a positive experience. There is a possibility of a relationship change. I will be traveling, and my mother may be coming to live with me during this time. As for work, I have a few projects planned in the future. I have no doubt, it will be a very excitable time. As for my intuition, yes, it is usually spot on. Dreams can be vivid, and have re-lived a few of them. With all these squares and conjunctions involving, Mars, Uranus, natal sun and the NN, all my plans may change, especially if it affects my health drastically. Yes, there have been moments when I have had great health and suddenly I would get hit with an illness… All this verified by doctors, and often not explainable. Anyway, thank you again Rahu… Always a pleasure to get your opinion and expertise involving the North Node.

hi Jlynn

you have your Jupiter/Uranus midpoint conjunct your sun exactly to 2 arc seconds so when the node transits your sun you could expect to be in a very excitable mental state. there may be major changes in your life involving relationships or changes in the workplace. this can also be a mind expansion vibration so your might take interest in a new ideas or subjects.
it could be travel but whatever occurs you are in for a expansion of your mind.
with moon conjunct the node and square to Uranus , you already have very strong astral/psychic abilities. very likely you have vivid and prophetic dreams and you intuitions are always on the money.
though with the pluto/Jupiter midpoint conjunct your sun also, you might have more sudden and mysterious health problems.
actually as you have mentioned your current health problems, it seems that your life is characterized by robust health punctuated by sudden and serious health issues.
rahu

Jlynn

Premium Member
I know I felt the transiting NN when it was in conjunction with my natal Pluto and Uranus and opposite natal Saturn. It was a terrible life lesson I wish never to repeat.

Thank you for the link. I signed-up... Never knew the website existed. It really goes into more depth, and with active midpoint calculation. It really narrows things down. Are you the creator?

Many astrologers would say that the Nodes cast no rays but from experience I can say their aspects can be felt. That's why we have included the North Node transit interpretations in to our Personalized Daily Horoscope, together with Lilith (that usualy is also considered rayless).

Very good examples and comparison of the two... I know they can both magnify. I read somewhere Jupiter is more beneficial and Rahu was all about the ego, but they never felt that way to me. I do believe they both present opportunities, both good and not so good.

In general the effect is simmilar to Jupiter's transit, but with important differences. While Jupiter stimulates hopes, whishes and can lead to "dreaming the transit out", the Node is usualy felt as a social event, social connection or something connected to people around the person.

Somna7H

Banned
Talking about Ego ?
My Ego becoming smaller day by day.

Transiting NN will soon conjunct my natal Sun then Mercury and then NN.
I have Sun in Cancer 3rd house near 26°, Mercury 18° and NN 13°.

Last edited:

miquar

Hi Jlynn. I'm what people call a Western astrologer. I don't know anything about Vedic astrology. I think two or three degrees is a much more realistic orb to work with. With transits to midpoints, half a degree seems to be about right.

Best wishes

Miquar

Hi. I'm not sure why you were told that. If you are fortunate, you will experience something under this transit - perhaps an awareness or opportunity will arise that has something do with feeding your Leo Sun in a way you haven't before. It could be an interesting time, especially if the (true) north lunar node hangs around close to your Sun for a couple of months (it seems to just about stop for a two month period about twice a year). Use the time to get in touch with this part of you in a healthy way - feel that solar radiance flowing out of you and let it speak to you - move you. If you just immediately act on any surge of enthusiasm you may miss something important.

Best wishes

Miquar

I found this forum googling "transiting north node conjunct sun" and decided to join!

My NN is now about 2 degrees conjunct and will be exact on March 20 (well, within 03 arcseconds) and continues on until April 1, when it will remain about 2 degrees.

This description fits how I'm feeling at the moment. I knew something was going on in my transits and almost missed it, as I usually only look at personal planets, sometimes Jupiter and Saturn.

Thanks for this!