Case study. Mother abandoned daughter at three months.

Munch

This is the synastry of my biological mother and me. I do not have her time of birth so of course the scope of study is limited.

My biological mother had one other child while with my father (though rumor has it my brother is my half brother because apparently he's not dad's child) before I came along. They had a significant age difference (10 years) and he was a raging out of control a-hole. I actually kinda understand from that perspective why she left.

The thing that bothered me and still sometimes in my 'woe is me' moments is that she left so quickly after I was born. This made me think that there was something in our synastry that triggered her need to get out.

Anyway, I like having the opportunity to study unique sort of situations like this and thought maybe someone else might find this useful to add to their data base and maybe I can find some indicators in our synastry that might show why she couldn't bond with me.

If it's helpful to know, her parents did NOT approve of her relationship with my father in large part because he was a black man. My biological mother's parents were Native American (mother) and Irish (father) and live(d) in Montana.

Things that stick out to me are the obvious and glaring Mars/Mars opposition.

Her Venus squares my Sun/Mercury from my 7th house (and conjunct my vertex) and is also in opposition to my Saturn/Jupiter conjunction in my 1st house.

Her Mercury is in opposition to my Uranus (higher octave of Mercury).

Her sun is conjunct my Chiron (which is just kind of like a big, 'Duh'! to me).

My NN sits on her Mars/Uranus midpoint.

Does anyone see anything else they might like to add? Any thoughts or theories? Thanks!

Attachments

• astro_61gw_63_01_bill_sue_lila_wilson_hw.72125.30585.jpg
    astro_61gw_63_01_bill_sue_lila_wilson_hw.72125.30585.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 37

sandstone

Banned
hi munch,

here is what i see that might explain the abandonment on her part.. i really just want to look at her chart - day chart or whatever as i think that is what this is all about.. i don't think it has anything to do with you, but it has had huge implications for you of that there is no question..

the noon chart will give a t square with moon/uranus opposition on the bottom.. it is a fast moon on the day and it will cover 14 degrees from 11 to 25 aquarius.. no matter how you slice it, the moon is involved in a t square with sun/uranus with mercury along for the ride.. to me this captures the desire for freedom emphasis which might explain your mom's willingness to let you up for adoption.. if you go with an early morning time, neptune gets pulled into the picture which might fit even better.. regardless the letting go idea and giving a child up for adoption strikes me as more neptune which is in the sign opposite sun in taurus here.. when we go with this emphasis, we can see how the north node is directly squaring onto this neptune position on the day of your mom's birth.. during her pregnancy north node would be emphasizing the uranus in her chart as it is a slow mover that would have been in the same general area..

you will note her uranus at your asc/mid midpoint, essentially doing a 45 degree aspect to both.. something very uranian and wanting to break free in this set up as well.. her venus is 90 and 135 your sun and uranus also.

don't know if any of this you already mentioned or not.. i was too busy trying to find some cross overs.. cheers - james

Munch

Hey J! Thanks so much!

I really don't know which way to go with Uranus or Neptune on this one, but I do find it very telling that I have a tight conjunction between my Moon/Venus and Neptune and that my moon is also parallel Uranus.

I don't feel like she rejected me per se, but it was rather the timing that made me wonder about her departure. That said, with the transiting node hitting her Uranus during her pregnancy it would make a great deal of sense.

You said:
you will note her uranus at your asc/mid midpoint, essentially doing a 45 degree aspect to both.. something very uranian and wanting to break free in this set up as well.. her venus is 90 and 135 your sun and uranus also.

I missed which midpoint you were talking about.

On a side note. Looking at my mother's chart, all I can think is that maybe she really did do the best thing for me by taking off. It looks like life is/was not easy for her. Poor thing. :(

Thanks again!

Last edited:

sprinthrussfed

the moon is involved in a t square with sun/uranus with mercury along for the ride
i don't see that in the synastry?

venus/saturn opposition,there's emotional and physical distance. difficult to be together because of the mother other obligations. loyalty and commitment is a source of friction.

Munch

i don't see that in the synastry?

venus/saturn opposition,there's emotional and physical distance. difficult to be together because of the mother other obligations. loyalty and commitment is a source of friction.

Interesting point as that aspects plays across my 1st and 7th houses. My first house Saturn opposes her Venus in my 7th.

I'd have to wonder though who would cause her to not stick around with the 7th being open loves and enemies.

Vista

This is the synastry of my biological mother and me. I do not have her time of birth so of course the scope of study is limited.

My biological mother had one other child while with my father (though rumor has it my brother is my half brother because apparently he's not dad's child) before I came along. They had a significant age difference (10 years) and he was a raging out of control a-hole. I actually kinda understand from that perspective why she left.

The thing that bothered me and still sometimes in my 'woe is me' moments is that she left so quickly after I was born. This made me think that there was something in our synastry that triggered her need to get out.

Anyway, I like having the opportunity to study unique sort of situations like this and thought maybe someone else might find this useful to add to their data base and maybe I can find some indicators in our synastry that might show why she couldn't bond with me.

If it's helpful to know, her parents did NOT approve of her relationship with my father in large part because he was a black man. My biological mother's parents were Native American (mother) and Irish (father) and live(d) in Montana.

Things that stick out to me are the obvious and glaring Mars/Mars opposition.

Her Venus squares my Sun/Mercury from my 7th house (and conjunct my vertex) and is also in opposition to my Saturn/Jupiter conjunction in my 1st house.

Her Mercury is in opposition to my Uranus (higher octave of Mercury).

Her sun is conjunct my Chiron (which is just kind of like a big, 'Duh'! to me).

My NN sits on her Mars/Uranus midpoint.

Does anyone see anything else they might like to add? Any thoughts or theories? Thanks!

Hard aspects between Moon to Uranus usually point to emotional issues, irritability and irrational behavior. Bi-polar is another thing that comes to mind as I have seen this a lot with people with this aspect. Throw in Mercury into the mix and perhaps she had a chemical imbalance that was triggered by the births of her children, as in Postpartum? It's not you at all. Something probably pushed her over the edge. My friend has this aspect and was always dealing with emotional problems. She had a baby and suffered from Postpartum and 4 months after her babies birth, she killed herself. She was a highly educated(several degrees including a Master's) with an awesome husband and career and a beautiful new baby.

Last edited:

Munch

Postpardum never occured to me and with my father's intense hatred of my mother, I've never really had the cajones to ask more than her birthday.

It does sound like the moon/uranus connection is at the root of this. Thank you Vista for an illuminating thought and for clarifying the effects of these two planets in hard aspect.

sandstone

Banned
sprinthrussfed

the pattern i mentioned isn't in the synastry.. it is in the moms chart. my comments were based on the moms chart for the most part. it's a noon chart with the moon moving at a rate of 14 degrees per day approx.

munch

you might find it interesting to look at the transits at the time of the separation from your mom if you are able to know when that took place exactly.

sandstone

Banned
3 months old would have seen sec prog moon conjunct neptune.. the first 3 months of transits to your chart are interesting as well. at the 3 month period your mom experiences a venus return which sprinthrussfed highlighted in their synasty comments to you, while the saturn/jupiter conjunction in your 1st backs up to a close conjunction to your ascendant.. mars transits aries about the same time..

Munch

3 months old would have seen sec prog moon conjunct neptune.. the first 3 months of transits to your chart are interesting as well. at the 3 month period your mom experiences a venus return which sprinthrussfed highlighted in their synasty comments to you, while the saturn/jupiter conjunction in your 1st backs up to a close conjunction to your ascendant.. mars transits aries about the same time..

I love the way you look at things and take the time to study the actual time around the event. Thank you so much!

sandstone

Banned
thanks munch!

it is the way i continue to learn about astrology. astrology is about making a connection to a time based event with the symbols. the more exact the data, the more interesting it gets!

DreamingTheSeas

Munch,

If you set time of birth of your mother at 21:00
1. She will have Sagittarius Asc (many times our moon is our mother's Sun or Asc)
2. Your mother's Lot of daughters will fall in Capricorn.
3. Her Aries Venus will be in her 5th house and will explain some of her attitude.
4. Her ninth house will be in Leo also her Mars will be there and might shows the race difference with your dad.

P.S. My knowledge is very limited.