Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Welcome! > Recommendations

Recommendations Looking for advice and suggestions on books, websites, programs, professionals, organizations, or anything else related to astrology? Ask and share your opinions here.

Unread 03-26-2010, 05:12 AM

Books on Uncommon Aspects

I have been becoming more interested in the less used aspects such as quintiles, bi-quintiles, septiles, etc. since I found out I have some interesting ones in my chart. In particular moon quintile pluto and mercury bi-quintile saturn. I'm finding though that there really isn't a lot of information on these aspects on the internet, and was wondering if anyone knows of any books out there that cover these in a little more detail. Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated!

Unread 03-26-2010, 05:41 AM

Re: Books on Uncommon Aspects

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalyxa View Post
I have been becoming more interested in the less used aspects such as quintiles, bi-quintiles, septiles, etc. since I found out I have some interesting ones in my chart. In particular moon quintile pluto and mercury bi-quintile saturn. I'm finding though that there really isn't a lot of information on these aspects on the internet, and was wondering if anyone knows of any books out there that cover these in a little more detail. Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated!
To be honest with you they are not really valid and that is why you wont find much on them. Too much in the chart only confuses the issues and my advice is to stick to the major aspects and if you want and perhaps the semi squares but that is all. I would include the inconjunct in the major aspects but with a small orb.

We all could find those ones you quoted and really a waste of time in my opinion.
Unread 03-26-2010, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalyxa View Post
If you are interested in uncommon aspects and willing to explore, Vedic Astrology has wide collection:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Varga_%28astrology%29

Western astrology has these minor aspects.

18-self refinement, 36 - will related to group resources, 72 - brilliance to realize goals, 108 - insight/culture, 144 - insight/improvement
Unread 03-27-2010, 12:39 AM

How about John Addey's "Harmonics in Astrology?"
Rob Hand and Bill Tierney have also studied minor aspects.

Aristophanity

Tags
aspects, books, uncommon