Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Horary Astrology > Horary Questions on Relational Issues

Horary Questions on Relational Issues For horary questions about relationships.

Unread 01-16-2018, 04:33 PM

Does this have a future?

I met someone again, after not seeing her for a while, but things look difficult at first glance. First thing I notice is ascendant is in Aries, not a good sign for a long term relationship. Uranus is on the ascendant. And ruler of the ascendant is in 8th house. However, the rulers of the 5th, 7th and 11th houses are in the 10th house. Also the Moon is there, also the Sun conjunct Venus.

It doesn't look clear to me. What's your take?

P.S. I know the outers are generally not used in horary, but some practitioners like the late Olivia Barclay and Anthony Louis use them as a complement, especially if they are on the angles.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg romanticfuture.jpg (51.2 KB, 19 views)

Unread 01-16-2018, 04:39 PM

Re: Does this have a future?

I was using whole sign houses for my interpretation, so here is the chart with whole sign houses.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg romanticfuture.jpg (49.7 KB, 7 views)
Unread 01-16-2018, 06:08 PM

The reception between venus/mars is not good and Moons next aspect to jupiter her L3 is also rejected by jupiter. Sun L5 shes already separating from and suns already left you/mars. Your void in your 8th which is a non active house and shes close to changing signs.

So future wise Nope.

Last edited by Chrysalis; 01-16-2018 at 06:29 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Chrysalis For This Useful Post:
Michael (01-16-2018)
Unread 01-16-2018, 09:20 PM

Michael, I would strongly recommend, given your interest in astrology, that you learn horary from the ground-up, rather than guessing at it. There is a good tutorial (traditional) on the Skyscript website. There is also a sticky by "Enlil" at the start of the horary board at Astrodienst, and loads of articles on-line.

Basically you start with the querent (normally you) as the planetary ruler of the first house. Mars is a traditional malefic, but in a boy-girl romance question, it seems appropriate. For a committed relationship the quesited (her) is a 7th house matter, symbolized by Venus.

For affirmative testimonies:

1. Do the two main significators apply to a sextile, trine or conjunction? (No, because Venus, the faster moving planet is separating from an earlier conjunction with Mars.)

2. Do the two planets share any reception? (No, not so's you'd notice.)

3. Does the moon (your emotional stake in the matter) apply to a sextile, trine, or conjunction with Venus? (Here we see the effect of prohibition. The moon theoretically will conjunct Venus before she changes sign, but depending upon whether you use modern outers or not, before this can happen, the moon will hit Pluto or the sun. These planets are not acting as go-betweens for the moon and Venus (translation of light) as they move slower than Venus. Plus a planet getting within orb of the sun is said to be combust. It is weakened.

We could look at the planets ruling the houses and signs of the main significators, but they're not helping matters, either.

4. You could look at antisticia, but again, they're not helping out.

In some questions, we'd consider the stronger vs. weaker planet, as well. (Essential and accidental dignities.)

So no, I don't think this relationship will work out.
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world. Jack Layton, "Letter to Canadians"

I thought we went along paths--but it seems there are no paths. The going itself is the path.
C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. Message on a refrigerator magnet.
The Following User Says Thank You to waybread For This Useful Post:
Michael (01-16-2018)

Tags
future, love