Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Anything Else... > Chat

Chat For posts that don't have to do with astrological chart interpretation, but they're still important to you. Gossip, show off, hot topic, spiritual thoughts, Sun sign astrological discussions, chit chat: come in and share!


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #51  
Unread 09-10-2015, 10:03 PM
ALRESCHA ALRESCHA is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: 18.2924N 109.2083E
Posts: 606
Re: members

Quote:
Originally Posted by psydellica View Post
Oh, my apologies then, I honestly had no idea that post was your response to my question. Though looking back at it now I can see which one is your response. Thank you

I would still be very interested in being pointed towards these forums, regardless of their language. Though if you do not wish to share for whatever reason, I can respect that
you are most welcome, I am sorry that I didn't quote sooner! we can talk about that using PM if you don't mind.

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Unread 09-10-2015, 10:58 PM
JUPITERASC's Avatar
JUPITERASC JUPITERASC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 65,713
Re: members

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALRESCHA View Post
THIS IS WHY I AM BLOCKING YOU FOREVER.

You purposely misinterpret my posts
and you will regret that
.
That is clearly a threatening remark
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALRESCHA View Post


Your trial is
so **** boring and cunning
And that is a personal attack
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALRESCHA View Post
I NEVER want to read another post made by you or have another post of mine responded to by you.
If you don't want to read my posts then don't read them - it's ok
But you are only one member of this forum
and although you prefer to not read my posts
that does not mean others do not either
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALRESCHA View Post

Like I said, anyone should be welcome to post anywhere.
Very reasonable
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALRESCHA View Post

But giving a comment on a particular situation
But that's the purpose of the discussion forum

i.e.
to comment on a particular situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALRESCHA View Post

and posting quotes and links to theory books
is not giving an interpretation of the particular situation,

not giving an interpretation of the particular situation is fine
because no member is forced to do that

furthermore

members who want to practice their skills
,
then practice
'their interpretation of the particular situation'
and

by the way
it's an interpretation that could be given by a complete beginner
with not much knowledge or experience of astrology
so it's the luck of the draw basically

and I certainly do more than just post links
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALRESCHA View Post

but telling people to learn astrology and that is
OFF TOPIC!!!
AND WRONG. Go figure.


On the contrary, that's not off topic
because
ours is an astrological learning forum

where many members are keen to be independent and to learn astrology in order to interpret their own chart
and are very happy for links to information to study

as an example
I received the following thanks and encouragement just yesterday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butternut View Post
Thank you.

Very informative as usual
clearly then everyone has their own perspective
and
many thank me for my comments
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALRESCHA View Post

I will NOT waste another second on YOU.
No one is asking you to
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JUPITERASC For This Useful Post:
Oddity (09-10-2015)
  #53  
Unread 09-10-2015, 11:04 PM
JUPITERASC's Avatar
JUPITERASC JUPITERASC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 65,713
Re: members

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALRESCHA View Post
I find it shocking
that a website this big and old
doesn't yet contain a thread for each of the aspects,
configurations,
placements,
asteroids,
lots where people share their experience...

And what about Mundane Astrology?
It's shocking that so few take an interest.


I have found forums with tiny astrology sub-forums that do have threads like that and are far more lively.

People rarely write on such threads here.

The question is why did they leave and why are the majority of those astrologers that left the elderly, not the youths that tweet 24/7?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddity View Post

One thing you could do
is to start writing those sections you said the forum should have.

Maybe if you get the ball rolling,
other people will join in?
Great idea
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Unread 09-10-2015, 11:21 PM
psydellica's Avatar
psydellica psydellica is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 16
Re: members

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddity View Post
Don't be intimidated by skyscript. They're nice people.

You can try the astrology subforum at tarotforum.net - some of it is the standard fare that you find here, but they have a very good moderator over there, and the signal-to-noise ratio is actually pretty good.

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that this has turned into another 'there are almost half a dozen traditional astrologers here, that's what made this forum bad' argument, as well as private messages saying the same thing , but....I honestly don't think that's the problem. I do think that people tend to burn out over the constant 'does she love me?', 'does he think I'm fat?', 'will we get back together?' questions that make up 90% of the forum, mostly by one-time posters.

Most of that stuff falls under the aegis of horary, which is actually a fascinating area of astrology. You can start with the tutorial at skyscript if you're not familiar or need a refresher course: http://www.skyscript.co.uk/horary_intro.html
Awesome, thanks again Oddity!
Regarding Skyscript, it's great to hear the folks over there are nice! I think maybe I was concerned I wouldn't have much to add to the conversations. But that won't stop me from browsing through and lurking around a bit.

I definitely have not dabbled with the horary side to astrology. Thank you for the link, I'll go sit down with it.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to psydellica For This Useful Post:
JUPITERASC (09-10-2015)
  #55  
Unread 09-11-2015, 12:08 AM
StarGazerGirl's Avatar
StarGazerGirl StarGazerGirl is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 121
Re: members

And then there are people like me I get very drained just by looking at the screen and trying to follow a thread ie. introversion translates for me online ( no Facebook or anything like that for me ). Not that I like it that way ( I wish it wasn't ) it's just what is. But, I love astrology and astronomy and I'm so happy to have discovered horary here - I think it's really cool.

Not to mention my MacbookPro from 2006 has no more capability to being upgraded and is very slow... and I really need to find some type of financial stability ( my main focus right now ).

Anyway, what I'm getting at, I guess is, times are hard for many people right now and being on a forum community takes time and energy that they can't really spare.

And I love your avatar, ALRESCHA!

Last edited by StarGazerGirl; 09-11-2015 at 02:18 AM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to StarGazerGirl For This Useful Post:
ALRESCHA (09-11-2015)
  #56  
Unread 09-11-2015, 05:03 AM
Stubborn Virgo Stubborn Virgo is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 36
Re: members

I am new to this site but I have to say, I like it a lot more than a lot of the other astrology forums/sites out there. People are generally a lot more friendly and willing to share their knowledge. There's less drama here, too. I wish it was more active so I didn't have to go to those other sites to talk about astrology.
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Unread 09-11-2015, 05:14 AM
waybread's Avatar
waybread waybread is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: A class M planet near you
Posts: 15,697
Re: members

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUPITERASC View Post
Past history of this forum shows traditional opinions unwelcomed
and the vast majority of this forum as comprising modern astrologers
After requests, a Traditional forum was created 25 December 2011
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum...ad.php?t=43946

A very popular modern astrologer, named a50 was eventually banned for persistently not heeding moderators advice
Astrologer50 was banned for her repeated attacking posts.

Quote:
The situation has clearly changed on the forum
when there were very few 'modern only' astrology threads

now
there are increasing demands for exclusively modern astrology threads
and the traditional perspective is clearly unwelcome


We're all happy to see traditional perspectives, provided the trads become less aggressive about their perceived deficiencies in modern astrology.

Quote:
an example of a member well-versed in using traditional methods
who is now one of our ex-members
Paul_ requested his account be closed after stating his concerns regarding personal attacks against him
Quote:
Paul_ is moderator on skyscript horary board
I've been in communication with Paul for some time. His reason for leaving was that he didn't like the way the mods edited his posts. As you know, all one has to do is to flag an attacking post, and the mods will normally edit or delete it. Paul didn't leave because he thought other members were attacking him. It is a simple matter to have such posts moderated.

I've corrected this misconception for you previously.
__________________
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And well change the world. Jack Layton, "Letter to Canadians"

I thought we went along paths--but it seems there are no paths. The going itself is the path.
C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. Message on a refrigerator magnet.

Last edited by waybread; 09-11-2015 at 06:22 AM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to waybread For This Useful Post:
unique_astrology (09-11-2015)
  #58  
Unread 09-11-2015, 05:51 AM
waybread's Avatar
waybread waybread is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: A class M planet near you
Posts: 15,697
Re: members

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUPITERASC View Post
How is it wrong to have a traditional perspective?

Paul_ and Konrad both requested their accounts closed
because they were constantly attacked - and not by me


Konrad is no longer a member as he felt hounded - and not by me
I can't speak for Konrad, but I was in PM communication with Paul at the time he asked to terminate his membership, and periodically since then. The reason wasn't because he felt "constantly attacked," but because he disliked the way his own posts were edited. (Draw your own conclusions as to why this should have happened.) The bitter debate at this time was about the ethics of death prediction, a topic that draws strong feelings on both sides of the issue. Anyone wishing to read Paul's recent posts can find him at Astrodienst and Skyscript.

Quote:
...the majority of members on this forum are modern astrologers
so in a discussion
a traditional astrologer commenting is immediately attacked for being 'not modern'
This simply isn't correct. This hyperbole is astonishing. Most mods on this forum have a live and let-live attitude. What I find tiring is when a trad uses a discussion of the modern outers or some point of horary as a rationale for launching into a wholesale attack against modern astrology. Please show us where "a traditional astrologer commenting is immediately attacked for being 'not modern'." A traditional astrologer's post may be criticized for containing factual errors, dismissing modern astrology in its entirety, for logical flaws, or for something comparable; but not simply because it isn't modern.

But hey, if this is how you feel, perhaps you'd be happier at Skyscript, where I participate occasionally.

Quote:
yet modern astrology is entirely dependent on traditional technique

No, modern astrology is not entirely dependent on traditional technique. When did you last cast harmonic charts, work with asteroids, midpoints, outer planets, or Jungian archetypes? Modern astrology dropped most of the essential dignities as well as other specific traditional observations, like whether it's better to have Venus or Mars preceding the sun. Of course, the overlap between the two is considerable.

Quote:
Discussion of the various techniques
rather than banning the discussion of traditional techniqes
is preferable


Nobody here wants to ban discussion of traditional techniques.

Quote:
There is only one majority on this forum and that is the modern majority

very few are posting traditional comments
probably because if traditional is even mentioned
it is immediately unwelcome and attacked
Quote:
Well, the majority on this forum is modern astrological
Originally, this forum had a general section which is intended for any comment
the comment may be modern, traditional, vedic, sidereal, tropical, chinese, uranian
the idea of having a general forum is to have general comment
as clarified by moderator wilsontc


as wilsontc highlighted
many modern astrologers use some traditional techniques

HOWEVER

it is clear now that modern astrologers now object
when a traditional astrologer
makes commentary on those traditional techniques the modern astrologer is using

that's unreasonable
JA, you know that your comments are seriously inflated, and thus largely mistaken. I don't know why you make them. As a modern astrologer, I try to inform myself about traditional methods. I don't object to measured and informed comments on my posts about traditional methods. I may respond to inflated and factually incorrect comments on my posts, however. The modern and "hybrid" astrologers I see on this forum respond similarly.
__________________
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And well change the world. Jack Layton, "Letter to Canadians"

I thought we went along paths--but it seems there are no paths. The going itself is the path.
C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. Message on a refrigerator magnet.

Last edited by waybread; 09-11-2015 at 05:55 AM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to waybread For This Useful Post:
unique_astrology (09-11-2015)
  #59  
Unread 09-11-2015, 06:06 AM
waybread's Avatar
waybread waybread is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: A class M planet near you
Posts: 15,697
Cool Re: members

Quote:
Originally Posted by psydellica View Post
...
Would be really interested to find such a place as you describe, with whole threads devoted to sharing knowledge and experience regarding specific aspects, placements, etc
We can certainly have these conversations here. Perhaps you could start with a question on an appropriate board.

Oddity wrote,
Quote:
I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that this has turned into another 'there are almost half a dozen traditional astrologers here, that's what made this forum bad' argument,...
Oddity, surely you can see that nobody has said such a thing, and that this comment is both inflated and inflammatory? It is precisely this type of comment that makes me sooooo tired.....

The OP raised a serious question that has devolved into yet another tiresome trad vs. mod debate. The problem for me isn't trad vs. mod in a general way. It is this type of gratuitous potshot at modern astrologers that isn't even accurate.
__________________
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And well change the world. Jack Layton, "Letter to Canadians"

I thought we went along paths--but it seems there are no paths. The going itself is the path.
C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. Message on a refrigerator magnet.

Last edited by waybread; 09-11-2015 at 06:18 AM.
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to waybread For This Useful Post:
ALRESCHA (09-11-2015), Dirius (09-11-2015), unique_astrology (09-11-2015)
  #60  
Unread 09-11-2015, 06:31 AM
athenian200's Avatar
athenian200 athenian200 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 275
Re: members

Quote:
Originally Posted by waybread View Post
JA, you know that your comments are seriously inflated
Well, his name is Jupiterasc, right?

http://www.auxmaillesgodefroy.com/planet_jupiter
Quote:
Jupiter rules your potential for growth and expansion on many levels[...]

Adjectives: Expansion [...]Growth, expansion, bigger, pomposity, mergers, absorption,

Obesity and over indulgence. Pompous, excess
Inflated, expansive, or otherwise grandiose statements seem perfectly appropriate for someone with a strong Jupiter influence, based on what I've read about it.

It isn't necessarily a bad thing, either. It's just the opposite role of Mercury. Where someone with a Mercury influence tries to break things down and reduce them, someone with a Jupiter influence tries to put things together and make them into one larger thing. It's analysis vs. synthesis.

If you're more of a Mercury person, and he's more of a Jupiter person, there is bound to be conflict because you each undo one another's process. Just as Integration undoes Differentiation in Calculus, or vice-versa. Understanding the difference in approach can be instrumental in getting along with different kinds of people.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to athenian200 For This Useful Post:
ashriia (09-15-2015), JUPITERASC (09-11-2015)
  #61  
Unread 09-11-2015, 09:32 AM
JUPITERASC's Avatar
JUPITERASC JUPITERASC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 65,713
Re: members

Quote:
Originally Posted by waybread View Post

I've been in communication with Paul for some time.
His reason for leaving was that he didn't like the way the mods edited his posts.
Paul didn't leave because he thought other members were attacking him.
Paul_ can speak for himself
via one of his last posts
addressed to a moderator
prior to requesting the closure of his account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul_ View Post

Tim

Thank you for your moderation, I feel we have been keeping you far too busy.

I mean this only for myself,
and only as advice
,
but I have a very thick skin,
I can take some critical posts and
some character attacks
.
I am somewhat used to them.


It may save you inconvenience to
let personal attacks against me stand
.
I am of the opinion that they better serve my arguments anyway.

If you want a breather,
you can ignore attacks against me
- if something strong comes up that I think is unwarranted
I will ask you to apply your judgement as usual.

Paul
the above post clearly highlights that
Paul_ is directing a moderators attention
to personal attacks levied against Paul_ on the thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by waybread View Post


...I was in PM communication with Paul at the time he asked to terminate his membership, and periodically since then.
The reason wasn't because he felt "constantly attacked,"
but because he disliked the way his own posts were edited
.
The quote from Paul_ clearly refers to personal attacks levied against him on the thread
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Unread 09-11-2015, 10:33 AM
Dirius's Avatar
Dirius Dirius is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 3,670
Re: members

Something funny I noticed one time:

When the pluto thread was at its peak on the research section before it was moved, and at the times the "usual" posters were online making posts (like waybread and me doing 5 posts per hour)

I noticed that there were around 200/300 users reading that section those days...

Otherwise, a section that its used or read much less.

Its funny because those topics where mods and trads clash are usually pretty popular, and have a high number of readers that do not involve themselves in those discussions.

As long as they are well-mannered (relative) and and insults aren't used, would seem to be intresting to many.



--

The problem with mod and trad clash goes both sides.

However I don't think there is this thing of people imposing their method on the practical sections, like RMC or Horary.

Usually "RMC" is more modern based, and "Horary" more trad dominant.

In the horary section, most of the times its the "fish out of water" that fills insulted for no reason when people don't seem to agree with him, and starts making posts and quotes challenging others and their method.....just because people gave a delineation very different from his.

And don't take JUPASC linking traditional guides in the RMC as an offense. He is offering new people information...not meant as an insult to anyone.

Most of the times as a trad, I just give my delineation, and only explain why I don't use this or that when asked by the OP or another user.

Usually the threads that have these fights are theory based threads, where this kind of thing is supposed to happen. Obviously those topics are battlegrounds, but they are mostly contained.
__________________
If you'd like a private Horary or Natal consultation, please visit me at:

https://antiqueastrology.wordpress.com/

You'll also find some tips for horary practice!

Last edited by Dirius; 09-11-2015 at 11:10 AM.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dirius For This Useful Post:
JUPITERASC (09-11-2015), Oddity (09-11-2015)
  #63  
Unread 09-11-2015, 08:50 PM
waybread's Avatar
waybread waybread is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: A class M planet near you
Posts: 15,697
Re: members

Sorry, JA but if you wish to use Paul as some type of traditional exemplar driven from the forum by nasty modern astrologers, I should remind you that he doesn't define himself as a traditional astrologer, although he is an expert in traditional astrology. The big debate, if you recall, wasn't trad vs. modern, but the ethics of astrological death prediction, with fur flying on both sides of the issues. If you dispute my recollections, please pm Paul at Astrodienst or Skyscript, and ask for his permission to quote his reply on this thread. I didn't save Paul's PMs to me on his leaving this forum, or I would ask for his permission to post them here. I could PM him myself for a new set of recollections, but to what purpose? Frankly this recent little exchange is but one more example of what I find so tiresome in any type of trad-modern debate lately on this forum.

In terms of driving anyone off the forum or off a particular thread, Kannon in our current thread on rectification got fed up; and, as a professional astrologer, felt that he had more productive uses of his time than countering beligerant trad misconceptions. Ex-member (banned) Astrologer50 was a modern astrologer, so where does this get us? Some kind of meaningless body count?

Most of us are good with a reasoned debate that doesn't get out of hand. Frankly, when faced with aggressive nit-picking, I just tend to ignore that person's posts after a while.

From the Life's Too Short Department, W.
__________________
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And well change the world. Jack Layton, "Letter to Canadians"

I thought we went along paths--but it seems there are no paths. The going itself is the path.
C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. Message on a refrigerator magnet.
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to waybread For This Useful Post:
ALRESCHA (09-11-2015), ashriia (09-15-2015), unique_astrology (09-12-2015)
  #64  
Unread 09-11-2015, 09:56 PM
JUPITERASC's Avatar
JUPITERASC JUPITERASC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 65,713
Re: members

Quote:
Originally Posted by waybread View Post

Sorry, JA but if you wish to use Paul as some type of traditional exemplar driven from the forum by nasty modern astrologers, I should remind you that he doesn't define himself as a traditional astrologer, although he is an expert in traditional astrology. The big debate, if you recall, wasn't trad vs. modern, but the ethics of astrological death prediction, with fur flying on both sides of the issues. If you dispute my recollections, please pm Paul at Astrodienst or Skyscript, and ask for his permission to quote his reply on this thread. I didn't save Paul's PMs to me on his leaving this forum, or I would ask for his permission to post them here. I could PM him myself for a new set of recollections, but to what purpose? Frankly this recent little exchange is but one more example of what I find so tiresome in any type of trad-modern debate lately on this forum.

In terms of driving anyone off the forum or off a particular thread, Kannon in our current thread on rectification got fed up; and, as a professional astrologer, felt that he had more productive uses of his time than countering beligerant trad misconceptions. Ex-member (banned) Astrologer50 was a modern astrologer, so where does this get us? Some kind of meaningless body count?

Most of us are good with a reasoned debate that doesn't get out of hand. Frankly, when faced with aggressive nit-picking, I just tend to ignore that person's posts after a while.

From the Life's Too Short Department, W.
better than 'hearsay' are Paul_ posts
as well as the Paul_ post I quoted
these are searchable on our forum for anyone who wishes to check for themselves
provided 'Life's Not Too Short' obviously
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Unread 09-11-2015, 09:59 PM
JUPITERASC's Avatar
JUPITERASC JUPITERASC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 65,713
Re: members

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirius View Post

Something funny I noticed one time:

When the pluto thread was at its peak on the research section
before it was moved
,
and at the times the "usual" posters were online making posts (like waybread and me doing 5 posts per hour)

I noticed that there were around 200/300 users reading that section those days...

Otherwise, a section that its used or read much less.

Its funny because those topics where mods and trads clash are usually pretty popular,
and have a high number of readers that do not involve themselves in those discussions.
Interesting
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Unread 09-11-2015, 10:07 PM
ALRESCHA ALRESCHA is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: 18.2924N 109.2083E
Posts: 606
Re: members

Quote:
Originally Posted by waybread View Post

In terms of driving anyone off the forum or off a particular thread, Kannon in our current thread on rectification got fed up; and, as a professional astrologer, felt that he had more productive uses of his time than countering beligerant trad misconceptions.
Nooo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
Well, his name is Jupiterasc, right?

http://www.auxmaillesgodefroy.com/planet_jupiter


Inflated, expansive, or otherwise grandiose statements seem perfectly appropriate for someone with a strong Jupiter influence, based on what I've read about it.

It isn't necessarily a bad thing, either. It's just the opposite role of Mercury. Where someone with a Mercury influence tries to break things down and reduce them, someone with a Jupiter influence tries to put things together and make them into one larger thing. It's analysis vs. synthesis.

If you're more of a Mercury person, and he's more of a Jupiter person, there is bound to be conflict because you each undo one another's process. Just as Integration undoes Differentiation in Calculus, or vice-versa. Understanding the difference in approach can be instrumental in getting along with different kinds of people.
Astrologers should be expected to overcome their own charts IMHO.

[deleted personal member comment - Moderator]

One must analyse a member well before they interact with them, this environment is too dangerous to be spontaneous and that is something every member here should understand before posting

I should also say that the fact that I was happy about democracy here means I am happy there's no hegemony, not that I am happy that a certain person got banned.

And there was another thing, but I forgot hahahah
__________________

Last edited by wilsontc; 09-12-2015 at 04:26 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Unread 09-11-2015, 10:30 PM
conspiracy theorist's Avatar
conspiracy theorist conspiracy theorist is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: clearing
Posts: 15,667
Re: members

This place being 'too dangerous to be spontaneous in' is a bit melodramatic, don't you think?
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Unread 09-11-2015, 10:30 PM
diamondbaby's Avatar
diamondbaby diamondbaby is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: U.S.A.
Posts: 56
Re: members

Quote:
Originally Posted by waybread View Post
One thing I find very tiring on this forum are attacks against modern astrology techniques, apparently simply because they are modern. There is a place for all kinds of astrology here, but anyone who strongly disapproves of modern astrology might actually be happier at Skyscript. Sensitive people do leave forums if they feel they are under attack.
Not necessarily sensitive. Some people just don't want to waste their time with pointless online arguing. Online "fights" are mentally draining. I wholeheartedly agree regarding the attacks against modern astrology. Also, I find it annoying that certain people try to monopolize threads, force their thoughts on others and provoke other members into arguments. It all comes down to live and let live.
__________________
I love my Leo Moon
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to diamondbaby For This Useful Post:
ashriia (09-15-2015), unique_astrology (09-12-2015), waybread (09-12-2015)
  #69  
Unread 09-11-2015, 10:36 PM
diamondbaby's Avatar
diamondbaby diamondbaby is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: U.S.A.
Posts: 56
Re: members

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashriia View Post
We need a 100+ more elderly astrologers here. Their constructive advice for the younger posters & wisdom is in my opinion what makes this forum really special.
Age has nothing to do with wisdom and maturity.
__________________
I love my Leo Moon
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to diamondbaby For This Useful Post:
haidee (09-13-2015), theV (09-11-2015)
  #70  
Unread 09-11-2015, 10:37 PM
ALRESCHA ALRESCHA is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: 18.2924N 109.2083E
Posts: 606
Re: members

Quote:
Originally Posted by conspiracy theorist View Post
This place being 'too dangerous to be spontaneous in' is a bit melodramatic, don't you think?
No.. I got banned due to false accusations once before on a good forum just after a senior moderator proposed to make me a moderator. A moderator's late apology didn't help.

People generally misunderstand me, I put my signature there for a reason. And on this forum everyone's looking for anything to point their finger at you for. It is better to be safe than sorry.
__________________
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ALRESCHA For This Useful Post:
theV (09-11-2015)
  #71  
Unread 09-11-2015, 10:48 PM
conspiracy theorist's Avatar
conspiracy theorist conspiracy theorist is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: clearing
Posts: 15,667
Re: members

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALRESCHA View Post
No.. I got banned due to false accusations once before on a good forum just after a senior moderator proposed to make me a moderator. A moderator's late apology didn't help.

People generally misunderstand me, I put my signature there for a reason. And on this forum everyone's looking for anything to point their finger at you for. It is better to be safe than sorry.
Oh, I suppose everyone experiences the forums (or any online interaction) differently. I see way worse on other websites so this place is quite languid in comparison.

I tend to enjoy the theoretical jousts that happen on this forum, it shows me that there is still some life on this relatively slow board. Based on the views that the threads that houses these battles get, others do too.
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Unread 09-11-2015, 11:01 PM
JUPITERASC's Avatar
JUPITERASC JUPITERASC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 65,713
Re: members

Quote:
Originally Posted by theV View Post

Could someone explains the feud between modern and tradition astrologers?

Probably not



However


traditional astrology as defined on this forum is:

QUOTE FROM OUR TRADITIONAL BOARD GUIDELINES

Note:
Typically, traditional astrology is defined as using techniques developed prior to 1700
by astrologers from the Hellenistic, Persian, Hebrew, and Renassiance eras.
Specifically it relies on Ptolemaic aspects (sextile, trine, square, opposition and conjunction)
and
exludes modern planets (Neptune, Uranus and Pluto,)
non-Ptolemaic aspects,
as well as any asteroids.

The focus is less on what would be considered modern psychological chart interpretetation
and
more on prediction.

Members who wish to explore a combination of traditional and modern ideas
should feel free to start a new thread in an appropriate forum for further discussion
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Unread 09-11-2015, 11:25 PM
ALRESCHA ALRESCHA is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: 18.2924N 109.2083E
Posts: 606
Re: members

Quote:
Originally Posted by conspiracy theorist View Post
Oh, I suppose everyone experiences the forums (or any online interaction) differently. I see way worse on other websites so this place is quite languid in comparison.

I tend to enjoy the theoretical jousts that happen on this forum, it shows me that there is still some life on this relatively slow board. Based on the views that the threads that houses these battles get, others do too.
yeah, for me, this forum it is a battle ground and I have to post like I have graduated from a law school for some reason.

Everyone enjoys them, and I agree that this website has the greatest potential, but, to answer V's question

Mods (the majority of those that have left the forum) seem to leave because they feel the attacks coming from trads too hard to bear with. The attacks occur when an OP posts about a technique used in modern astrology and then trads storm the topic saying that the technique doesn't work on a thread that is not about discussing theory. O_o Then they turn into the greatest lawyers you could ever find and everything you say can be used against you.

That is far from a healthy debate.

But the moderators do clear that up, so I don't understand why they leave. If someone is constantly accusing you of being hostile, you stay the hell away!

I am not sure why the trads leave, I only got here recently.
__________________
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ALRESCHA For This Useful Post:
unique_astrology (09-12-2015)
  #74  
Unread 09-11-2015, 11:29 PM
Dirius's Avatar
Dirius Dirius is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 3,670
Re: members

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALRESCHA View Post
yeah, for me, this forum it is a battle ground and I have to post like I have graduated from a law school for some reason.

Everyone enjoys them, and I agree that this website has the greatest potential, but, to answer V's question

Mods (the majority of those that have left the forum) seem to leave because they feel the attacks coming from trads too hard to bear with. The attacks occur when an OP posts about a technique used in modern astrology and then trads storm the topic saying that the technique doesn't work on a thread that is not about discussing theory. O_o Then they turn into the greatest lawyers you could ever find and everything you say can be used against you.

That is far from a healthy debate.

But the moderators do clear that up, so I don't understand why they leave. If someone is constantly accusing you of being hostile, you stay the hell away!

I am not sure why the trads leave, I only got here recently.
ALRESCHA let me ask...in how many posts have you felt attacked by trads?

There is the "pluto" thread mainly in which trads/mods argued.

Then there is the "rectification" thread, which isn't actually about moderns VS trads given that none of us questioned the use of modern techniques.

Then....which other topics? 2 out of the thousands there are on this forum..? which are supposed to be about debating things.
__________________
If you'd like a private Horary or Natal consultation, please visit me at:

https://antiqueastrology.wordpress.com/

You'll also find some tips for horary practice!
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Unread 09-11-2015, 11:34 PM
ALRESCHA ALRESCHA is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: 18.2924N 109.2083E
Posts: 606
Re: members

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirius View Post
ALRESCHA let me ask...in how many posts have you felt attacked by trads?

There is the "pluto" thread mainly in which trads/mods argued.

Then there is the "rectification" thread, which isn't actually about moderns VS trads given that none of us questioned the use of modern techniques.

Then....which other topics? 2 out of the thousands there are on this forum..? which are supposed to be about debating things.
My goodness, I do not keep count ahahahah But it was ugly.

There were times when I didn't feel attacked, so I didn't report them, but the moderators understood that those posts were actually attacks and deleted them.

Other times I didn't report them like I promised here, because I felt sorry for them.

And my post where I was answering V's question was not about my personal experience, obviously I was talking about the people who left.

I have read that the trads leave because they don't feel welcome on those threads.

I can say for myself that I do mind if what the OP posts is my call, so I wouldn't post on their sub-forum.

Maybe I'll do a little experiment outside of it when someone posts a RMC request and starts whining about their cancer Mars or something and tell them how Neptune is actually doing that, just to see what will happen. Maybe I'll recommend a book on Pluto too. Let's see what happens.
__________________

Last edited by ALRESCHA; 09-11-2015 at 11:41 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 05:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2005-2018, AstrologyWeekly.com. Boards' structure and all posts are property of AstrologyWeekly.com and their respective creators. No part of the messages sent on these boards may be copied without their owners' explicit consent.