Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Ukpoohbear

Jimi meant have you tried LSD.^

How many people here have tried LSD and what were their experiences on it?

I tried it once but it wasn’t a very strong ‘tab.’ So much so my friend who had taken it before did not feel anything but I did because it was my first time. He just sat on the chair and watched me while I was able to bond with my cat on a whole new level.

But then the feeling of not feeling normal continued for like 24 hours and it wasn’t fun, or bad, but I just wanted to return to normal again. Finally I felt normal enough I could eat so we ordered a Chinese takeaway.

Last edited:

CapAquaPis

gay. . . . .

1991 called and they want that "edgy" insult back. And they said "retard" is theirs too. In my childhood in the early 1990s, whoever says "that's gay" or "retarded" was more tolerated, but then one person in the room will react: "that's biased/hate/hurt speech" against the LGBT and people with special needs. In 2020, we wanted to undo 30-60 years of civil rights activism and PC-ness, one reason why Donald Trump was elected president at the first place.

Bunraku

What’s your opinion on planets being sentient or consciously making decisions for us? Where do you come from on astrology mechanics?
I posted my opinion on that Saturn thread.

conspiracy theorist

The planets don't make decisions for us, and I don't think the planets are sentient in the anthropomorphic sense that I see being discussed in the thread. Metaphors do help us, seeing as how narrative is so important for humans in their pursuit of meaning.

As to broader "planetary sentience" I'm undecided. It's one reason why I'm interested in delving deeper into magical technique, as it is purported to furnish one with the necessary tools to answer these questions oneself.

Would you be interested in some books semi-related to the question?

david starling

What’s your opinion on planets being sentient or consciously making decisions for us? Where do you come from on astrology mechanics?
I posted my opinion on that Saturn thread.

I see them as indicators, rather than actual causes. I've hypothesized a cosmic Magnetic Field Matrix which interacts with our own, personal, electromagnetic fields. So, the entire Chart configuration can tell us how we're being affected. Cracking THAT code has yet to be fully accomplished imo.

Dirius

The planets don't make decisions for us, and I don't think the planets are sentient in the anthropomorphic sense that I see being discussed in the thread. Metaphors do help us, seeing as how narrative is so important for humans in their pursuit of meaning.

As to broader "planetary sentience" I'm undecided. It's one reason why I'm interested in delving deeper into magical technique, as it is purported to furnish one with the necessary tools to answer these questions oneself.

Actually the more magical side of astrology would show they aren't sentient.

When you perform the prayers, its to the God the planet represents, no the errant-star itself.

Bunraku

What type of books? If they’re like Cambridge philosophy ones then HARD pass.

I believe in a type of living and sentience in all live objects (trees for example) . But not to the extent that people make it out to be.

Bunraku

I see them as indicators, rather than actual causes. I've hypothesized a cosmic Magnetic Field Matrix which interacts with our own, personal, electromagnetic fields. So, the entire Chart configuration can tell us how we're being affected. Cracking THAT code has yet to be fully accomplished imo.

It’s trying to guess each particle (or whatever undiscovered principle units) is where, which is impossible, but we’re getting there... maybe in several million years. :lol:

conspiracy theorist

Its the same, talismans have to be crafted using the metals, stones, enchantments and rituals to a specific deity :tongue:

Personally I disagree with the concept of astrological "magic".

I'm not even referring to ritual magic; yeah what the **** am I talking about right?

If I am stop with the things you've mentioned, I am in agreement with you. But I think one can take further steps before the question is truly settled.