Astrology of a killer

Last year a 22-year-old man named Elliot Rodger shot 3 and stabbed 3 to death in Isla Vista (next to Santa Barbara). He was mad that he was a virgin at 22 and felt that since he was rich and attractive he deserved sex and blonde women whom he coveted. He also uploaded videos to YouTube and penned a 147-page manifesto where he talked about the trials and tribulations of his life from childhood in England to his move to California at age 6 all the way up to a few months before his May 23rd, 2014 killing spree. People assumed he had Asbergers and Autism.

I see he had Sun opposite Saturn which shows him having self-esteem issues like he mentioned. He also had a Venus-Mars conjunction which shows he was into sex and loving like he mentioned over and over again in his videos and manifesto. I think his Cancer/Leo cusp caused him to be the shy guy he was, but yet caused him to be super conceited.

HTSawg6.jpg

Last edited:

graay ghost

Aha, I saw that edit there. I was going to say that the chart said Leo while you said Cancer...

Anyway. Essentially everything is below the horizon except for stuff in 12th house (sun on the 12th house cusp)... weird.

Aha, I saw that edit there. I was going to say that the chart said Leo while you said Cancer...

Anyway. Essentially everything is below the horizon except for stuff in 12th house (sun on the 12th house cusp)... weird.

Lol I always assumed he was Cancer because he was so painstakingly shy. Yes everything bubbled below his surface which seemed to fit what his dad said about him being really good at lying and kind of shady.

Oddity

That on-the-hour-exact birth time and 29 degree ascendant make me wonder about the accuracy. A couple of minutes off and he would have a different rising. It could be, and there may be no way of verifying the chart data.

That on-the-hour-exact birth time and 29 degree ascendant make me wonder about the accuracy. A couple of minutes off and he would have a different rising. It could be, and there may be no way of verifying the chart data.

Nobody is 100% sure about his birth time so it's possible he was born later, I think he probably was.

I have a feeling he was Virgo Rising since he was complaining about being a virgin and since his dad mentioned in a Barbara Walters interview that he had OCD. My dad is a Virgo sun and he has OCD because you know how Virgos can be super anal.

I'm going to rectify the chart and make so he's a Virgo Risig because I think he was.

Osamenor

Staff member
I have a feeling he was Virgo Rising since he was complaining about being a virgin and since his dad mentioned in a Barbara Walters interview that he had OCD. My dad is a Virgo sun and he has OCD because you know how Virgos can be super anal.

Neither being a virgin nor being OCD guarantees Virgo rising. There are lots of other placements that could manifest OCD, and that he was a virgin was situational. If he hadn't done what he did, he might not have remained a virgin much longer. Besides, having the astrological sign Virgo highlighted doesn't mean you're a virgin or destined to remain one longer than average. However, you might be right about his rising sign.

What I see in that chart is a couple of other placements that probably contributed: Chiron conjunct his sun in early Leo and moon in Capricorn. Moon in Capricorn is often associated with feeling misunderstood, and both sun and Leo represent the ego. A Leo sun is an ego that's especially in need of growth, possibly overgrown, or possibly very fragile. A Leo sun on the cusp of Cancer (or Cancer sun on the cusp of Leo) mixes Cancer's need to hide and be nurtured with Leo's need for ultimate ego growth.

Chiron conjunct the sun indicates a wounded ego, and that message is doubled when the conjunction is in Leo. To do what he did, he must have had a deeply wounded ego. Chiron indicates that the wound was karmic, pre-existing, so his ego was deeply wounded beyond what was reasonable to expect based on what happened to him. A few women turning down his advances wouldn't have been so wounding to someone with a solid ego, but to someone with an already fragile ego, it was a powder keg. (Not that it's the women's fault. If he was in that state, he wasn't ready to be a good boyfriend, and there's no way a woman can accept even every good guy who asks her out.)

Leo can also indicate an overblown ego, and that sense of entitlement--that he deserved to get some girls because he was rich and attractive--sounds like that Leo-ego run amok.

Neither being a virgin nor being OCD guarantees Virgo rising. There are lots of other placements that could manifest OCD, and that he was a virgin was situational. If he hadn't done what he did, he might not have remained a virgin much longer. Besides, having the astrological sign Virgo highlighted doesn't mean you're a virgin or destined to remain one longer than average. However, you might be right about his rising sign.

What I see in that chart is a couple of other placements that probably contributed: Chiron conjunct his sun in early Leo and moon in Capricorn. Moon in Capricorn is often associated with feeling misunderstood, and both sun and Leo represent the ego. A Leo sun is an ego that's especially in need of growth, possibly overgrown, or possibly very fragile. A Leo sun on the cusp of Cancer (or Cancer sun on the cusp of Leo) mixes Cancer's need to hide and be nurtured with Leo's need for ultimate ego growth.

Chiron conjunct the sun indicates a wounded ego, and that message is doubled when the conjunction is in Leo. To do what he did, he must have had a deeply wounded ego. Chiron indicates that the wound was karmic, pre-existing, so his ego was deeply wounded beyond what was reasonable to expect based on what happened to him. A few women turning down his advances wouldn't have been so wounding to someone with a solid ego, but to someone with an already fragile ego, it was a powder keg. (Not that it's the women's fault. If he was in that state, he wasn't ready to be a good boyfriend, and there's no way a woman can accept even every good guy who asks her out.)

Leo can also indicate an overblown ego, and that sense of entitlement--that he deserved to get some girls because he was rich and attractive--sounds like that Leo-ego run amok.

The biggest issue with him was his ego and his inability to realize that money and looks don't automatically guarantee you a woman. Now, I also have a Capricorn moon, but I never feel misunderstood, I suppose other placements balance that out.

What I'm curious to know is why you said he wouldn't have remained a virgin much longer if he hadn't killed them. Did you look at transits or his solar rev? I am fascinated by charts of famous people, especially crazy ones. It gives me good study material.

Osamenor

Staff member
What I'm curious to know is why you said he wouldn't have remained a virgin much longer if he hadn't killed them. Did you look at transits or his solar rev? I am fascinated by charts of famous people, especially crazy ones. It gives me good study material.

Nothing so fancy as that, just simple logic. Not many people remain virgins all their lives, unless they die very young. If he'd lived longer, he probably would have lost his virginity, simply because almost everyone does. He didn't just kill them, he also killed himself, thereby killing any chances of having sex in his lifetime.

Now, if he was such an entitled jerk, I can't imagine any self respecting woman would have wanted to sleep with him. But there are plenty of women who are not self respecting. And if he was that rich and really just wanted to get the deed done, he could've hired a prostitute.

Nothing so fancy as that, just simple logic. Not many people remain virgins all their lives, unless they die very young. If he'd lived longer, he probably would have lost his virginity, simply because almost everyone does. He didn't just kill them, he also killed himself, thereby killing any chances of having sex in his lifetime.

Now, if he was such an entitled jerk, I can't imagine any self respecting woman would have wanted to sleep with him. But there are plenty of women who are not self respecting. And if he was that rich and really just wanted to get the deed done, he could've hired a prostitute.

Yes I agree, he simply should have just gone to a hooker since he was so obsessed with losing his virginity. It's not even a big deal to be a virgin at 22. Sigh, RIP to him and his innocent victims.

graay ghost

The biggest issue with him was his ego and his inability to realize that money and looks don't automatically guarantee you a woman.

Actually, it seems like his biggest problem was not understanding that women are people with their own lives and not prizes to be won.

I don't know what would "cause" that. Maybe a lack of water?

Osamenor

Staff member
Actually, it seems like his biggest problem was not understanding that women are people with their own lives and not prizes to be won.

I don't know what would "cause" that. Maybe a lack of water?

What would cause that is societal influences. Society encourages that kind of attitude in men. Most don't take it to that extreme, but the underlying attitude is present everywhere.

What would cause that is societal influences. Society encourages that kind of attitude in men. Most don't take it to that extreme, but the underlying attitude is present everywhere.

Agreed. I'm glad you realize this. I don't think some people understand it's society that really molded him into such an evil person.

Osamenor

Staff member
On another look at his natal chart, I think he was especially vulnerable to societal influences... especially the kind of societal influences that hit the ego, that tell you you deserve this or that. His Leo sun with Chiron is in the eleventh house. Eleventh house=society, role in society, social expectations. That's where his vulnerable and potentially overinflated ego was.

Eleventh house is also where his south node is. That suggests a karmic history (past life pattern, if you believe in past lives) of being extremely caught up in social expectations, following the rules of society. The Cancer placement emphasizes familial expectations, sense of self, and need for security. His behavior reflects great insecurity and an overblown sense of social expectations.

I also think the original chart with the ascendant at 29 Leo is probably correct. That would give him Leo and Capricorn as his luminaries--Leo sun, Leo rising, and Capricorn moon--and the extreme megalomania that his "manifesto" shows fits very well with a combination of Leo and Capricorn shadows. Leo's shadow is extreme egotism. Capricorn's shadow is also egotism, though of another kind: an insistence on being in charge, in authority, being wrapped up in efforts to get to the top.

An ascendant at 29 Leo would still be compatible with the Virgo-like characteristics in his persona. Points and planets at 29 degrees are, in a sense, caught between signs. They're not quite sure anymore whether they're one sign or the other, so they act like some of both. An ascendant at 29 degrees Leo would give it both Leo and Virgo traits. Meanwhile, his sun would still be in the eleventh house, just closer to the twelfth house cusp.

Furthermore, his Mercury is at 27 Leo, which would make it conjunct a 29 degree ascendent. If he had the ruler of Virgo on his ascendent, plus planets in Virgo in his first house, he would look more like a Virgo rising, even if he was really Leo rising. The Leo rising would "hide" a little from his surface persona, but still affect his sense of self and the way he interacted with the world.

Finally--and this is what really convinces me--moving his ascendant back to 29 Leo puts his fifth house cusp at 1 Capricorn, which in turn puts his moon and Uranus conjunction in the fifth house. Between his behavior in the time leading up to the shooting spree, his stated motives, and the karmic story I see emerging (moon is the ruler of his south node, so important in the south node story), fifth house makes much more sense for those planets than fourth. I'll have to post again about that because I don't have time to go into it right now....

On another look at his natal chart, I think he was especially vulnerable to societal influences... especially the kind of societal influences that hit the ego, that tell you you deserve this or that. His Leo sun with Chiron is in the eleventh house. Eleventh house=society, role in society, social expectations. That's where his vulnerable and potentially overinflated ego was.

Eleventh house is also where his south node is. That suggests a karmic history (past life pattern, if you believe in past lives) of being extremely caught up in social expectations, following the rules of society. The Cancer placement emphasizes familial expectations, sense of self, and need for security. His behavior reflects great insecurity and an overblown sense of social expectations.

I also think the original chart with the ascendant at 29 Leo is probably correct. That would give him Leo and Capricorn as his luminaries--Leo sun, Leo rising, and Capricorn moon--and the extreme megalomania that his "manifesto" shows fits very well with a combination of Leo and Capricorn shadows. Leo's shadow is extreme egotism. Capricorn's shadow is also egotism, though of another kind: an insistence on being in charge, in authority, being wrapped up in efforts to get to the top.

An ascendant at 29 Leo would still be compatible with the Virgo-like characteristics in his persona. Points and planets at 29 degrees are, in a sense, caught between signs. They're not quite sure anymore whether they're one sign or the other, so they act like some of both. An ascendant at 29 degrees Leo would give it both Leo and Virgo traits. Meanwhile, his sun would still be in the eleventh house, just closer to the twelfth house cusp.

Furthermore, his Mercury is at 27 Leo, which would make it conjunct a 29 degree ascendent. If he had the ruler of Virgo on his ascendent, plus planets in Virgo in his first house, he would look more like a Virgo rising, even if he was really Leo rising. The Leo rising would "hide" a little from his surface persona, but still affect his sense of self and the way he interacted with the world.

Finally--and this is what really convinces me--moving his ascendant back to 29 Leo puts his fifth house cusp at 1 Capricorn, which in turn puts his moon and Uranus conjunction in the fifth house. Between his behavior in the time leading up to the shooting spree, his stated motives, and the karmic story I see emerging (moon is the ruler of his south node, so important in the south node story), fifth house makes much more sense for those planets than fourth. I'll have to post again about that because I don't have time to go into it right now....

So what I'm getting is that most of this is all karmic past-life stuff, basically something he couldn't control. I actually did a synastry chart with him and it's compatible, how odd haha.

graay ghost

Well, I was noting this because not all men who think this way and are virgins and don't have girlfriends go on, you know, killing sprees.

(then again obviously not everyone born at the same time as he was has gone on a killing spree, but shrug.)

But yes I agree with moving the asc. back to leo.

What I'm interested in is how ther Leo rising would be more accurate that Virgo... Virgo rising is reserved and obsessed with health and keeping in shape like Mr. Rodger was.

Wouldn't Leo rising be super outgoing and able to attract all the women with their magnanimous personality? Elliot certainly didn't do any of that lol.

Oddity

My reasons for wondering about the ascendant were the on the hour time, the past 29 ascendant and knowing that birth times are not officially recorded in England. But there will probably never be any verification for the chart.

With Virgo asc: ruler of 7, partnerships, is Jupiter in 12. Women as secret enemies. Also, Mars, which rules 8, death, in this chart, conjuncts Venus, representing women, again in the 12th.

That doesn't make the ascendant right. It would just make it somewhat 'neat', and astrology usually doesn't work that way.

My reasons for wondering about the ascendant were the on the hour time, the past 29 ascendant and knowing that birth times are not officially recorded in England. But there will probably never be any verification for the chart.

With Virgo asc: ruler of 7, partnerships, is Jupiter in 12. Women as secret enemies. Also, Mars, which rules 8, death, in this chart, conjuncts Venus, representing women, again in the 12th.

That doesn't make the ascendant right. It would just make it somewhat 'neat', and astrology usually doesn't work that way.

So Virgo Asc seems to be accurate right? It seems to fit into what happened in his life and what he was whining about in his manifesto and YouTube videos.

Oddity

I wouldn't go that far. Again, it's 'neat'. Neat does not always mean correct, however, and we have no way of knowing his actual birth time.

So it's all somewhat pointless speculation. And people are also making good cases for why Leo is correct.