My Dad's problem with Violence from neighbours, Self Harm, Suicide Attempts!

bradderz777

Hi, my dad is going through a terrible time, his neighbours are accusing him of stuff that he hasn't done, this problem continually happens almost every day, the other day he was abused and on the night he took an overdose of almost 20 paracetamols to attempt suicide and cut his arms with a knife, and was rushed to hospital, yesterday, he done the same again!

I believe this is due to bipolar, trust me, he is a decent person and he used to be an astrologer, he wouldnt hurt anyone.

What planatery configurations are causing his pain?, could he die soon if he's not careful?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Here is his natal chart and transits.

Thanks!

Attachments

• astro_24gwgw_03_keith_2010627_he.67468.10757.jpg
    astro_24gwgw_03_keith_2010627_he.67468.10757.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:

waybread

Brad, your Dad is very lucky to have such a loving and considerate son. Your Dad's suicide attempt must be very trying for you, so I hope you have friends or family members with whom you can talk about this to get the emotional support you need. I don't think this is a time for you to isolate yourself. Also, try to work with your father to get a good support system going for when he gets home. If you have siblings, or he has other friends and siblings, hopefully they can share this with you.

Bi-polar disorder is treatable with medication, so I hope his family physician )with a referral to a psychiatrist) is involved closely in your Dad's care now. Also, many people with bi-polar and depression find yoga to be very helpful for balancing and calming.

Your Dad has kind of a tough chart to begin with, and right now he is experiencing some difficult transits.

His sun in Aquarius natally squares Neptune [and is part of a T-square involving his moon], and this can give him a life-long identity crisis. The sun is one's identity, the moon indicates one's emotional needs; and the sea god Neptune tends to "dissolve" what it touches. Oftentimes people with Neptune squares try to self-medicate with Neptune's other devices, alcohol and drugs; so if your Dad has not gone this route in his life, he is to be congratulated. Just now Neptune is conjuncting your Dad's sun and squaring its natal position, aided and abetted by Chiron. Chiron is a planetoid that shows where and how we feel wounded. It can confer great wisdom, however, if one is willing to learn from life's tragedies. But just now, your Dad's chart suggests a lot of emotional pain.

Natally your Dad's Neptune is in the 3rd house, which rules neighbours.

Your Dad's natal Saturn is also being opposed by transiting Saturn. So his ground-truthing, reality-testing structures are undergoing a big cosmic test just now.

If your Dad knows astrology, hopefully you can discuss with him these transits, and remind him, "this too shall pass." One thing about learning astrology yourself is that you begin to see the demons with which your parents struggle/d.

Good luck to you--and your father.

What planatery configurations are causing his pain?,
First thing that struck me was natal Neptune tightly conjunct IC/home roots. This suggests sacrifices, illusions concerning family members and secrets kept from them, skeletons in the closet. Maybe he is still dealing with these demons from the past/childhood now?

Although T Saturn is trining Moon conj MC, it's also Quincunx natal sun in 6th house of health and as T Neptune is also conjunct sun it's also quincunx T Neptune. I feel THIS is the trigger - a fear of the unknown. apprehension about health, state of mind. Aquarius sun is quincunx sign to Virgo the natural ruler of 6th and these two signs don't have a lot in common. Now quincunx are bit like an itch you cant' scratch and do cause health strains unfortunately.

His Virgo Asc is also at odds with his core beliefs, ego and pride. The way he presents himself to others -- is not what's going on underneath, that's sun. This sun is also a singleton

A person with a Sun singleton may appearquite Uranian. But where Uranus intends to be bizarre, the Sun intends to show his specialness and uniqueness. The effect is similar, but the motivation is different. The Sun and the sign Leo are fundamentally “conformist” while Uranus and Aquarius are basically “radicals” and “revolutionaries,” “bohemians” and societal “deviants” or “rebels.” This brings us to the Sun singleton’s greatest tendency and worst fear: to fall into the qualities of it’s opposite. For example, a Sun singleton in Cancer may become an absolute dictator, or fall into the Capricornian archetype, while a Capricorn singleton Sun may become the eternal baby, the Cancerian archetype. With all singletons extremes of expression, or extremes of repression, are to be suspected.
http://www.astrologyclub.org/
Does he display any Leo bossiness, wanting to be centre of attention?

Another internal lifelong struggle is sun square moon

"Self-expression is blocked by emotional hangups or habit patterns that may be inherited or conditioned by past events. Family and domestic affairs keep you from developing the way you would like. The conditions in your early family environment may have caused difficulties in understanding and getting along with the opposite sex. In these relationships you can be too argumentative and defensive. You may need to get the chip off your shoulder sometimes. This aspect suggests a conflict between the ego and the emotions. There is a presence of tension between your outer and inner self"
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/sunaspects.html#susmo

A helping hand would have been mars which is trine to sun, BUT it's Apex for Yod configuration

Waybread is right, this is a difficult chart BUT I do see a mystic rectangle in there for assistance and this is where the focus should be on these planets there aspects and how they integrate in the personality.

Although Neptune is challenged it does have 4 trines to help other energies flow for assistance :smile:

Mystic Rectangle also know as Grand Rectangle
http://www.astro.com/mtp/mtpt82_e.htm
http://www.lunarliving.org/astrology/mysticrectangle_wedge.shtml
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/aspects2.html
http://www.therealastrology.com/HTML/FAQS/AspectPatterns.html#Mystic Rectangle
http://www.aquamoonlight.co.uk/aspect-patterns2.html

Hope he gets better soon, best wishes

R4VEN

Hi again, Brad. This is tough stuff about your Dad.

The most glaring things have been covered - especially the effects the opposition between Saturn and Uranus-Jupiter is impacting upon him.

What I notice is his quite tricky yod - formed by a sextile between Moon and Saturn, which indicates a necessity to keep one's emotions in check with the intellect - something your father may currently be struggling with. Both Moon and Saturn form inconjuncts with his Mars quite early in Scorpio. The imbalance created by these 2 inconjunct formations can lead him to being quite unstable emotionally, particularly when he feels that he is being criticised. The most significant effect - in my own experience with people I know who have Mars at the apex of a Yod, and expecially men with this placement - is that they tend to be on the receiving end of other people's rage and projections. This may sound a bit far-fetched, but I have witnessed it too often for it to be accidental.

I would say that the combined energy of the following events has tipped things over the edge in his personal environment:

• Jupiter & Uranus (conjunct) have been activating his quite emotional and difficult yod by forming a quite long-term conjunction to natal Saturn
  • Transiting Chiron-Neptune has been conjunct his Aquarius sun for a time, and this may tend to weaken him, and make him vulnerable, and even low in energy
  • The full moon & eclipse on Saturday was a doozy, and it seriously affected many folk, a lot of them far more stable than your Dad may be feeling.
You may already be aware that the bunch of oppositions between his 1st and 7th houses may well be the reason he suffers from a mood disorder. Any hard transits to any of these planets will be trying for him.

Hi Brad,

I'm sorry to hear your father's health has declined so significantly.

I won't read death potentiality from a chart, but you can feel free to continue to discuss your fears, worries and concerns. Peace be with your father, is what is most important here.

With Mars moving through his first house now, and Pluto and Uranus conjunct there natally, he may feel compelled to act out powerful and extreme examples of his physical self. I am not inclined to believe this is a good or a bad thing, right off the bat, but who knows, perhaps if we think about this big picture, your father could finally manifest and achieve some sense of personal security, a sense of destiny, a sense of purpose, because that's what he really needs and wants, and deserves to have.

Have you read the book Exuberance by Kay Redfield Jamison?