Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology

Natal Astrology A place to discuss yours and others' birth charts (after you post your own birth chart interpretation). Includes psychological and relocation astrology, houses, aspects, and planetary dignity and debility.

Unread 10-18-2016, 12:19 PM

Smile Re: "Beauty" in natal chart?

Quote:
Originally Posted by demetraceres View Post
It's a good question, I would like to say I just didn't care because I was soo cool , but there were emotional reasons. Partially I was uncomfortable with the attention my whole life (I have developed very early and I was very tall until middle adolescence), bus there was also unconscious rebellion against the superficiality I grew in. My life was influenced mostly by attractive women who gave much importance to outward appearance, but less to everything else. This beauty didn't come from the inside. I have felt uncomfortable when adornment was imposed upon me because of cultural expectations and approval it didn't come from my own space of joy and freedom. (I think again this can be aligned with venus conj saturn)

I'm not sure if beauty norms ever disappear in our supermodern society, even with geting very old. But yet, probably the vitality and health become more important than antiwrinkle treatment.
There really IS an "inner light" visible to many. It's not just a New Age cliche. If you have that, and you WANT men and other women to find you physically attractive when you get older, cosmetics and the plastic-surgeons are unnecessary (even counter-productive). Vitality and health are important, but that's true even when you're young. The clarity that comes with age is also quite attractive [IMO]. As for the Charts, each one has its matchups as far as who thinks whom is beautiful. It's just that some Charts impel a desire to be considered beautiful by EVERYONE. Leo placements, most likely!

Last edited by david starling; 10-18-2016 at 12:22 PM.
Unread 10-18-2016, 02:32 PM

Re: "Beauty" in natal chart?

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
As for the Charts, each one has its matchups as far as who thinks whom is beautiful. It's just that some Charts impel a desire to be considered beautiful by EVERYONE. Leo placements, most likely!
IME, as far as signs, it's Libra.

Also is caused by a Venus under stress in the natal.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sibylline For This Useful Post:
david starling (10-18-2016), Witchyone (10-18-2016)
Unread 10-18-2016, 04:00 PM

Quote:
It's just that some Charts impel a desire to be considered beautiful by EVERYONE. Leo placements, most likely!
I couldn't agree more.
Unread 10-18-2016, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppLeo View Post
I couldn't agree more.
You really think so? Sure it's not other aspects?

...Oh, don't worry, I'm sure most agree you are a handsome young man.
Unread 10-18-2016, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sibylline View Post
You really think so? Sure it's not other aspects?
No I'm not sure; I was just kidding. I've never compared beauty to natal charts, so I don't know. Especially by planet aspects.

Quote:
...Oh, don't worry, I'm sure most agree you are a handsome young man.
*blushes*
Unread 10-19-2016, 09:37 AM

Quote:
There really IS an "inner light" visible to many. It's not just a New Age cliche. If you have that, and you WANT men and other women to find you physically attractive when you get older, cosmetics and the plastic-surgeons are unnecessary (even counter-productive). Vitality and health are important, but that's true even when you're young. The clarity that comes with age is also quite attractive [IMO]. As for the Charts, each one has its matchups as far as who thinks whom is beautiful. It's just that some Charts impel a desire to be considered beautiful by EVERYONE. Leo placements, most likely!
I don't know if it's called inner light, probably. For me, it's just a feeling when I communicate with certain people, it's their attitude toward life, personality, and beauty, complete lack of vanity and self importance. Sometimes I see older people that radiate incredible beauty (probably this is the clarity mentioned above) or you can see someone with deep wrinkles that add the beauty and the story to the face. I have no idea if this can be seen in the chart, maybe this is harmonious moon and venus. But it has nothing to do with imposed standards by fashion industry and consumer society. I'm sure such people don't have a need to be found physically attractive by others.

Quote:
IME, as far as signs, it's Libra.

Also is caused by a Venus under stress in the natal.
Ok, it sounds like I have exercised narcissistic behaviour here. Actually, it's not my experience that Libra signs have the need to be adored or get attention more than any other sign. Neither Venus in difficult aspects. Not at people I know. IMO.
Unread 10-19-2016, 09:43 AM

Smile Re: "Beauty" in natal chart?

Why not an Exalted, well-Aspected Venus in H1? Sounds good for beauty. Except, what would "well-Aspected" mean?
(In this context?)
How about....Venus in Pisces, Pisces Asc. Using Placidus, Merc in Pisces in H12, for a dreamy quality. Jupiter in Leo, Moon in Leo, Mars in Aquarius, Saturn in Capricorn. Know anyone with these placements?

Last edited by david starling; 10-19-2016 at 10:13 AM.
Unread 10-19-2016, 12:12 PM

Quote:
I agree with you. Real beauty is more than pretty face and ideal figure, alhought in modern society only these qualities have becume considered as beautiful. I think our society is horrible influenced by media which dictate us what is pretty and hot and what not. So superficial and vain, I hate it! Real beauty is something more, you just have it or not, nothing between. It is something deep which beautiful people own and it comes from inside of these people, like the light OR charisma, you can´t buy it or obtain it by age, it is natural element, which some people have.

I´m not sure that beauty can be categorizes by any aspect. Maybe this Saturn/Venus is one of these aspects which gives people beauty, but there must be far more than only one aspect. For me personally it is not enought when people have pretty face or body, they must have more than this, like charisma, sensuality, a pleasant voice, deep impression which they make, pretty face or body is definitelly NOT ENOUGH.
The Following User Says Thank You to tisha83 For This Useful Post:
david starling (10-19-2016)
Unread 10-19-2016, 12:43 PM

Actually, what I read here - it is the first time seeing the theory that venus saturn aspect gives beauty. Usually it is venus aspecting ascendant or ascendant ruler. What about this?

And of course, we all know, how subjective are these definitions.
Unread 10-19-2016, 12:59 PM

Hi,

Venus-Saturn will have a negligible effect on the appearance, if the planets are not placed on the Asc./ in the first house. E.g. Trump's Venus-Saturn combination is in the 11th and the effect on his looks is negligible. What he looks like is all about Leo (big face and head with a prominent mane) and Mars on the Asc. (the orange man).

Last edited by aquarius7000; 10-19-2016 at 02:34 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to aquarius7000 For This Useful Post:
sibylline (10-19-2016)
Unread 10-19-2016, 02:05 PM

Quote:

Ok, it sounds like I have exercised narcissistic behaviour here. Actually, it's not my experience that Libra signs have the need to be adored or get attention more than any other sign. Neither Venus in difficult aspects. Not at people I know. IMO.
People get very uncomfortable when you admit to knowing people find you attractive. It's very tricky. The OP asked about specific characteristics that are currently considered beautiful, and you responded to that. I don't think that's narcissistic.

I liked the post because I think that afflicted Venus has something to do with the desire to be seen or not seen.

I can't speak for you, but I have known a lot of Libras who need to be told they're attractive on a regular basis. However, I also think Leo does this. I have Leo in Mars, and I think that energy wants to be seen, while my Venus in 12th does NOT want to be seen. I have sun in the first house, complicating things further.
Unread 10-19-2016, 02:20 PM

Quote:
I think that's great and people should make their own observations but to be honest, I didn't read your post(s). I was only responding to the bolded part of David's comment, so don't take it personally.
Unread 10-19-2016, 03:04 PM

I wonder if these traits have become so popular because they photograph well. Seeing someone in motion in real life is so different than seeing them on a screen.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to graay ghost For This Useful Post:
david starling (10-30-2016), tenacapcious (11-17-2016)
Unread 10-19-2016, 05:58 PM

Cliché, but I've noticed Venus conjunct the Sun tends to bring out the beautiful characteristics of the sign they're in. If I want to see the aesthetic nature of a particular sign I often look for people with Venus conjunct their Sun.
Unread 10-19-2016, 07:54 PM

I suppose this position gives also specific charm, maybe also magnetism.
Unread 10-20-2016, 12:41 AM
Banned

Guess I have a symmetrical face then
Unread 10-20-2016, 02:51 AM
Banned

First house venus in pisces, Venus in pisces conjunct ascendant, and Libra ascendant. Just so blessed with angelic beauty, look at yourself in the mirror and try to see if you have any beautiful features. I know I do, I'm an Aquarius rising my face is symmetrical.
Unread 10-28-2016, 12:24 AM

1. Venus conjunct Sun
  2. Venus conjunct the Ascendant or in the 1st house
  3. Venus trine or sextile the Ascendant. Squares and oppositions work too but may result in looks without charm, or social awkwardness.
  4. Venus conjunct the ruler of the Ascendant
  5. Libra Rising (ruled by Venus)
  6. Taurus Rising (also ruled by Venus)
Unread 10-30-2016, 02:23 PM

I would say perhaps Neptune and/or Venus in First House.
Unread 10-30-2016, 03:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenRam View Post
First house venus in pisces, Venus in pisces conjunct ascendant, and Libra ascendant. Just so blessed with angelic beauty, look at yourself in the mirror and try to see if you have any beautiful features. I know I do, I'm an Aquarius rising my face is symmetrical.
I would love to see that...
Unread 10-30-2016, 06:09 PM

I have Neptune in the first house!

And a Saturn-Venus aspect.
Unread 10-30-2016, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunraku View Post
Venus/Saturn - Making money out of one's appearance?

Also that is the sidereal zodiac they are using, correct?
Aspects are the same in both sidereal and tropical. If one has a Venus/Saturn square in tropical then they have the same thing in sidereal. It will just be in different sign, perhaps.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to katydid For This Useful Post:
david starling (10-30-2016), tenacapcious (11-08-2017)
Unread 10-30-2016, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenRam View Post
You cannot have Venus in Pisces conjunct the ascendant and have Libra rising....
Unread 10-30-2016, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katydid View Post
You cannot have Venus in Pisces conjunct the ascendant and have Libra rising....
GoldenRam was just a troll from the beginning.
katydid (10-30-2016)
Unread 10-30-2016, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppLeo View Post
GoldenRam was just a troll from the beginning.
sounded a lot like Rayla, to me...

Tags
beauty, chart, natal