Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Other Astrology > Electional and Event Astrology

Electional and Event Astrology Discuss here astrologically good times to do things, and what's happening astrologically when something major happens. Includes sports astrology.

Unread 05-16-2015, 01:53 AM

Help picking a c-section date

Hello all,
This is the first time I'm posting here, hopefully this is the right place to ask this question! I'm pregnant and need to deliver via c-section for medical reasons. I have a tentative date picked out and wanted to know if it's compatible with myself, my husband and our first child's signs. I have the ability to shift the day a bit if needed, I'm interested in hearing others thoughts on this. Thanks!

The new baby is currently scheduled to be born 8/28/15 at 7:30a.
I am a Scorpio, Leo rising
My husband is a Capricorn, Aquarius rising
Our son is a Scorpio, Scorpio rising

Unread 05-16-2015, 06:53 AM

Re: Help picking a c-section date

I suppose that you can choose only the time not the date? If that is the case -without knowning mars,venus,moon of your son- and only for asc I can say the most of the times kids have for asc the sun sign of the parent to whom he is going to look similar the most.leo asc is very attractive so you can go with this.But you can look on the chart and see the house disposition which is also very important.what asc you prefer?
Unread 05-28-2015, 01:54 AM

Avoid a date the moon will change signs during surgery.
Unread 05-28-2015, 03:19 AM
Senior Member, Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becca182 View Post
Hello all,
This is the first time I'm posting here, hopefully this is the right place to ask this question! I'm pregnant and need to deliver via c-section for medical reasons. I have a tentative date picked out and wanted to know if it's compatible with myself, my husband and our first child's signs. I have the ability to shift the day a bit if needed, I'm interested in hearing others thoughts on this. Thanks!

The new baby is currently scheduled to be born 8/28/15 at 7:30a.
I am a Scorpio, Leo rising
My husband is a Capricorn, Aquarius rising
Our son is a Scorpio, Scorpio rising
Electional astrology is similar to, though not quite the same as horary astrology. You need to post your natal chart (and how old you are if you don't wish to provide the chart data) in order to make sure your election is "rooted" and then the chart for the time you have chosen. Your husband's information is irrelevant, and your son's is not yet known.
Unread 05-28-2015, 11:44 AM

Last edited by Inline; 10-16-2016 at 03:47 PM.
Unread 05-28-2015, 02:13 PM

I don't think that you realize how much work is involved in answering your question.

You are looking for a time that will be compatible to 3 other people. This means that an astrologer would have to quickly analyze 3 charts (you, your husband, and your other child) and then cast at least 12 other charts (each one with a different ascendant on the date selected) for the child. Then each chart would need to be compared with the other people involved to provide a base level answer as to which one would be the most compatible. That ends up being about 36 charts (12 x 3).

Although, I may be mistaken in what you have asked for .. if so, please feel free to correct me.

Astrology is all about prediction ....
Unread 05-28-2015, 02:18 PM

I say why not let it be a suprise. As you know raising your new baby with love in a happy family Trymps any signs or chart! Congratulations btw very exciting! ps my next kids... I do not think I am looking at their charts till they are past 20 lololol I got too worked up over quack interpretations people wrote And came off really dumb talking about it. Everyone just assured me he will have an awesome life. I even started to worry about my ftfuture grand kids and great grandkids. ... yeah.

Last edited by Love2Know; 05-28-2015 at 02:22 PM.
Unread 05-29-2015, 12:21 AM

Becca, congratulations on your baby-to-be!

Just to follow up on what others have said, the synastry goes by degrees, not merely by signs, and I don't see how you could get 4 people's charts to work out ideally. A late August sun in Virgo is theoretically compatible with Scorpio and Capricorn, but if the degrees are more than 10 degrees off exact, you'd lose the advantage, anyway.

The issues of astrological "designed babies" aside, please keep in mind that your C-section could get postponed (For example, if the hospital is suddenly overwhelmed with unscheduled "natural" births or moms with sudden complications.) Late August is still months away, and your own health status as the date approaches may suggest to your obstetrician either moving up or delaying your delivery date.
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world. Jack Layton, "Letter to Canadians"

I thought we went along paths--but it seems there are no paths. The going itself is the path.
C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. Message on a refrigerator magnet.

Last edited by waybread; 05-29-2015 at 12:26 AM.

Tags
csection, date, picking