Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Welcome! > Read My Chart

Read My Chart If you want to have your astrological chart read and do not post an astrological interpretation along with your chart request, your postings go here. No one is required to read any chart request and it is greatly appreciated if people who have chart requests acknowledge those who were kind enough to answer their request. If you want an astrological chart reading using the Vedic method (square astrological charts), your postings go in the Vedic Astrology forum."Read My Chart" type postings found in the rest of the forum will be moved here.

Unread 09-10-2009, 10:27 PM

Understanding Progression and Relocation Charts?

My astrology program gives me the option to do automatic relocation and progression charts, but I'm not sure if I understand them properly, so I wanted to ask.

I was born in California. I have now moved to Texas... If I do a relocation of my natal chart to Texas, will this tell me what my present chart looks like for me today, or do I need to do a Progression on the relocated chart? Is there a good link where I can go to read up and understand this better?

Thanks!

Unread 09-11-2009, 08:24 AM
Banned

Re: Understanding Progression and Relocation Charts?

Quote:
do I need to do a Progression on the relocated chart?
No, progressions are from your natal chart, they never change.

Have you tried the astrocartography on astro.com, go to free horoscopes, then look to right. Astrocartography works and there is forum on AW that covers this and on astro.com on interactive, travel they offer astrocartography/world maps, which has its place and explains which planets rules lat and long where you relocate to and how this will affect you in this location. It is my personal opinion that relocated ‘birth charts’ don’t work, there are plenty of other techniques available.

Have just realised where the confusion may be on astro.com to get a solar return for a new location, you have to find the option to use a relocated chart, which does mean changing location from where natally you were born to where you are living now. This is just so you can get a relocated solar return only.....

Relocated birth charts are more or less astrocartography, whereby all your natal planets are stretched out over the globe and uses lat and long to discover best place to live. Apparently relocated birth charts does something similar (but not as widely used or known as astrocartography) whereby especially over the Angles could bring a planet out of 12, 3 6 or 9th to become much more active

It's quite a valid idea to use a solar return in a different location from your birth place and could change and influence a 12month SR chart.
Unread 09-11-2009, 09:47 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by A50
.......No, progressions are from your natal chart, they never change.
My understanding of Relocation Charts comes from books rather than practical experience, A50.......So not sure, but I think :-

A relocated chart shows the planets at exactly the same zodiac location as at the time of birth, but redraws the houses (by replacing the co-ordinates of the original birthplace with those of the relocation place)......In effect, it's the same "heaven" but seen from a different location "on earth".

So, if this relocated chart (of changed houses) replaces the natal chart (of original houses) for interpretation purposes.......why does it not also do so for the purposes of relocation and transits?

For example, (say) I'm born with Mars on Descendant and I relocate to a place where it falls on my Ascendant.....So, in my birthplace, others assert themselves with me and, at the relocation, I assert myself with others....Would I not then experience my progressed Mars as moving through the Ist house rather than through the 7th?

EJ
Unread 09-11-2009, 02:41 PM
Banned

Good point EJ. Some people when they relocate really find happiness, success and a better life than wherever they were born. So my answer would be 'maybe' not 100% convinced either way as I've never tried to relocate, but am open to possibilities though......
Unread 09-11-2009, 06:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrologer50 View Post
.....not 100% convinced either way as I've never tried to relocate, but am open to possibilities though......
Yes, me too........I "get" the theory, and it seems to make sense....But can't prove or test it through practice/experience, as I've never relocated far enough from my birthplace for it to make an astrological difference....Nor am I still in contact with anyone who has.

However, I guess there will be an increasing demand for relocation astrologers in the future......as migration is fast becoming a common feature of modern life.

EJ
Unread 09-19-2009, 11:15 PM

Thank you for the replies, my apologies for not getting back to this thread sooner... been busy at work.

Personally, I'm prone to thinking that changing location really does have a big impact on your chart. I always feel very different when I get far away from my birth area. It's like some cloud lifts that hangs over my head back home. I always tended to think of it as just a psychological affect of being away from my usual surroundings, but now, looking at my relocation chart and my natal chart, I think astrology is at least partially responsible because the way the chart changes suggests the behavior changes I've found myself evidencing. (I've attached both charts for illustration).

I moved from California to Texas four years ago. In comparing my birth chart with my Texas chart, I can see that at least one major trouble spot is gone... and I can feel it. I had a sort of grand cross in my natal chart, but it involved the ascendant, Mars, Neptune and the Sun. I could never focus my energy. I was always scattered. What energy I did manage to focus went into learning, rather than just doing. Mars was in the third house in my natal but moved to my second in Texas.

Coming to Texas, I find I can focus so much more easily and I get things done... something that ought to have been in my chart all along with Capricorn Moon, Virgo Sun and Mars/Mercury in a trine. All those more assertive aspects in my chart have become active in a way they never were back home in California.

Regarding relocation charts: If your ascendent is in a different sign when you move, does this mean that you will begin to act as if that was your ascendent? Mine switched from Pisces to Taurus. As child, I did have a strong Pisces flavor, probably part of why I had so much trouble focusing myself and my energy. I was always spinning my wheels to no purpose and flinching because I was always feeling hurt. I felt like I was constantly in retreat.

Now I feel like the Pisces in me has taken a backseat to other elements in my chart, although I'm not sure which ones. Partly, I feel like the fire (Jupiter ruler of Pisces is in Aries and Neptune, the other ruler is in Sag) that was coloring Pisces has come to the fore, but I'm also wondering if I'm feeling more Taurus these days because the ASC is in Taurus here in Texas?

Also, my Sun is no longer on the Descendant, again, something that I feel has affected the way I interact with others.

Thank you again for the responses, it really helps me clarify and understand.

Also, regarding Solar Returns and Relocated Solar Returns... I don't understand what this is. Where can I read more about it? Thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg NatalChart.jpg (78.2 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg RelocationTexas.JPG (97.3 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by Coyote; 09-19-2009 at 11:26 PM. Reason: Added more information
Unread 09-20-2009, 03:46 PM
Banned

We have a solar return forum and at the top of every forum are 'stickys' with loads of info tips and guidelines.

Solar returns
http://cafeastrology.com/interpretingsolarreturns.html
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12694
http://wiki.astro.com/astrowiki/en/Solar_Return_Chart
http://www.maryshea.com/sr.html

The house in which the Sun falls in the SR chart is the birthday month's forecast and influence, and each house after is the following month, since the Sun transits at the rate of one sign or house per month. Each house is treated as events in that month, and the sign and planet ruling the cusp influences the outlook for that month. The chart is used like a clock, with 12 months on its face instead of 12 hours. As the Sun conjoins or aspects other planets in the SR, it will generate events
http://www.typhonvision.com/art-solarreturn.htm

Relocated charts are still debated as prob not enough data or books are available to prove if they work or not. Of course you can always use your natal/relocated as a case study :)
Unread 09-22-2009, 10:48 PM

Ah! Thank you, I see that. I'll go check them all out.

Tags
charts, progression, relocation, understanding