Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology > Aspects & configurations

Aspects & configurations Discuss here about natal chart aspects and configurations.


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Unread 03-16-2009, 07:01 AM
R4VEN's Avatar
R4VEN R4VEN is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: under the Southern Cross
Posts: 2,862
Yods & Unaspected Planets - what you can expect

I know, I know - we've talked and talked and talked about yods, so what more is there to say?
Lots actually. I'm re-reading Karen Hamaker-Zondag's Yod Book, and this time - 3 years after my first read of it - it is making much more sense to me. I would like to outline some of what a person with a yod (or yods) or unaspected planets in their natal chart could experience. This is not about the details - as in: "What effect would be felt with a yod to my moon in Gemini in the 11th" or:"Is this a yod? But the quincunx between my Pluto and Mars is 4 degr..."
No, this is about the general malaise felt by those with these aspects in their natal chart. I've read this over and over in posts on this site - the `what is my life meant to be about?' syndrome.
(This issue was outlined by smilingsteph on this thread, but I felt it needed its own thread:
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum...ead.php?t=7206)

Some of what you may feel/experience are:
  • things which happen out of the blue, and these things affect us, but are not created by us.
  • being faced with impossible choices, but where we are forced into choose something
  • a feeling of having been wronged in some way, and that we `don't deserve this' to be happening to us.
  • feeling like we're on a continual search for something in our lives, although we don't know what this `something' is.
  • well-made plans being interrupted, or even hijacked totally
  • difficulty in coping within formal education systems - eg. as in being given limited time frames in which to complete tasks (this can create high stress levels in anyone with a yod)
  • the yod itself does not provide any clear direction in life.
  • those with unaspected planets will have difficulty in using it effectively when put under pressure.
  • walking a different path, feeling `different' from others can lead to deep feelings of insecurity, and perhaps even believing themselves to have been `born into the wrong family'. (This one freaked me out a bit, since I spent much of my childhood believing this...)
  • with an unaspected planet, in childhood the over-developed effects of the planet may be suppressed in some way by parents. (eg. my brother has an unaspected `duet' between Mars and Jupiter. As a child he `bounced off the walls' and was a real handful. My mother took him to the Dr and he was put on some kind of sedative to calm him down. Eventually he became a successful athlete, and so this became a channel for his excessive energy.)
  • unconsciously developing towards future activities - perhaps over a period of years - without being aware of this.
  • a sense that one is a Spiritual Warrior, as you find that what seems to satisfy others in life in no way is satisfactory for you - that you are searching for `something more'.
Examining your yod from all directions will only keep your intellect/ego happy. It will not necessarily help you to make the most of it. What I have found with these aspects is that there appears to be an unconscious compass which is directed by the yod - or the unaspected planets - and we cannot possibly have a clear idea of what direction we are being taken. And it's not so much about the destination as what's in the journey itself.

I welcome any responses - particularly from people who themselves have (or suspect they have) yods and/or unaspected planets.

[Please pardon this wordy post, but I have an unaspected Mercury - once I begin writing (or speaking) I have difficulty in knowing when to stop.]

__________________

"There is a crack in everything
That's how the light gets in."
- from Anthem
by Leonard Cohen
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to R4VEN For This Useful Post:
StillOne (04-08-2015)
  #2  
Unread 03-16-2009, 10:27 AM
starlink's Avatar
starlink starlink is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: I live in peace
Posts: 6,350
Re: Yods & Unaspected Planets - what you can expect

Hello Ra4ven, thank you for this interesting post! I can identify with quite a few things you mention actually. I have a yod between Moon in Scorpio in 12, inconjunct Uranus in 7in Gemini and Mars in 5 in Aries.

The things you mention above, especially: "being confronted with impossible choices" ring very true for me but especially when it comes to love and children as well as personal creative expression (5th house) and my relationships. I therefore would like to add to the above, that the houses wherein this Yod plays out, are most probably the affected areas, notwithstanding the fact that it will have an impact on the overall chart.

Quote:
the yod itself does not provide any clear direction in life.
Indeed, it does not but it does tell you however to choose a new direction in your life. That's why this "having to make a very difficult choice" always plays a part when you see a Yod.

A Yod in a Solar Return often also shows that the person will be faced with an important choice that specific .
year. It is all up to us, there is no direction given. The direction we have to go for is the one which will make us feel the most happy inwardly, no matter how difficult it will be to let go of the other possibility.

Quote:
difficulty in coping within formal education systems - eg. as in being given limited time frames in which to complete tasks (this can create high stress levels in anyone with a yod)
In my own experience (but who knows, maybe it IS the Yod doing this) I get very stressed when being pushed to leave or do something when I still want to leave certain things in order before I go or do something else. (like hubby is already at the door waiting with the dog to go out and me still busy cleaning the breakfast off the table.) I attribute this to my Moon in Scorpio in 12 (leave me alone) opposed to my Sun in the 6th (I want to do this first)

I do think however, that also rulers of all planets which take part in any YOD in a chart, will undergo that stressy feeling produced by that YOD, and manifesting in the houses , ruled by those planets. Hope you can follow me

Example: Mercury is part of a Yod between Venus and Saturn. So the houses ruled by Mercury, Venus and Saturn will feel the effect of the YOD(cusps falling in Virgo, Gemini, Libra,Taurus and Capricorn). Should there also be planets in those houses, like Mars in Libra, then also the Mars energy of that person will feel the stress of that Yod indirectly, which could affect his or her way of taking initiative or produce anger.

You see that looking at it this way, you soon will have most planets and houses involved, directly or indirectly with the Yod stressy feelings.

Quote:
a feeling of having been wronged in some way, and that we `don't deserve this' to be happening to us.
Personally I never felt this and I think this feeling can easily come from other aspects in a chart, not just from the YOD-

I dont have unaspected planets, so cant give you personal info on that.

Starlink
__________________
ON EVERY MOUNTAIN HEIGHT IS REST
Goethe.

Last edited by starlink; 03-16-2009 at 10:31 AM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to starlink For This Useful Post:
StillOne (04-08-2015)
  #3  
Unread 03-16-2009, 11:19 AM
natasa812's Avatar
natasa812 natasa812 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Europe
Posts: 923
Re: Yods & Unaspected Planets - what you can expect

Quote:
Originally Posted by R4VEN

Some of what you may feel/experience are:
  • things which happen out of the blue, and these things affect us, but are not created by us.
  • being faced with impossible choices, but where we are forced into choose something
  • a feeling of having been wronged in some way, and that we `don't deserve this' to be happening to us.
  • feeling like we're on a continual search for something in our lives, although we don't know what this `something' is.
  • well-made plans being interrupted, or even hijacked totally
  • difficulty in coping within formal education systems - eg. as in being given limited time frames in which to complete tasks (this can create high stress levels in anyone with a yod)
  • the yod itself does not provide any clear direction in life.
  • those with unaspected planets will have difficulty in using it effectively when put under pressure.
  • walking a different path, feeling `different' from others can lead to deep feelings of insecurity, and perhaps even believing themselves to have been `born into the wrong family'. (This one freaked me out a bit, since I spent much of my childhood believing this...)
  • with an unaspected planet, in childhood the over-developed effects of the planet may be suppressed in some way by parents. (eg. my brother has an unaspected `duet' between Mars and Jupiter. As a child he `bounced off the walls' and was a real handful. My mother took him to the Dr and he was put on some kind of sedative to calm him down. Eventually he became a successful athlete, and so this became a channel for his excessive energy.)
  • unconsciously developing towards future activities - perhaps over a period of years - without being aware of this.
  • a sense that one is a Spiritual Warrior, as you find that what seems to satisfy others in life in no way is satisfactory for you - that you are searching for `something more'.
[Please pardon this wordy post, but I have an unaspected Mercury - once I begin writing (or speaking) I have difficulty in knowing when to stop.]
Since I feel like this all the time, I felt the need to post. The most ``expressive`` statement is in first paraghraph and I have those ``sudden`` events all the time in my life (from people usualy) who claim and swear that nothing was my fault but they come and go in / from my life ``suddenly``. And also about imposible choises I had to make in my life... I still don`t know where I found the courage...
And about Spiritual Warrior - like everyone else is living in a lie or in a fiction story and only few people (my close friends) and me are able / brave enough to see and to accept the truth...
About Mercury, don`t feel like this, mine is aspected but I also don`t know when to stop writing...
Unaspected planets? I don`t have any...
Something important for the end: I have to search for yod in my chart since I am very new in astrology - I suspect that I have 2 but I am not sure. I`ll calculate and post again later...
Useful thread...
Best r
__________________
Sun is shining, life is beautiful, feel the calmness...
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to natasa812 For This Useful Post:
StillOne (04-08-2015)
  #4  
Unread 03-16-2009, 03:18 PM
natasa812's Avatar
natasa812 natasa812 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Europe
Posts: 923
Re: Yods & Unaspected Planets - what you can expect

I have found my YOD!
Here it is:
My Mars in 1st (at 18o in Pisces) makes Quincunx or Inconjunct - 150° with Uranus in Libra at 17o in my 7th h. and Uranus makes sextile to Jupiter in my 10th in Sagittarius at 17o degree. And it looks like Y but the line goes a little bit to the right so I am not sure is this true YOD or not....

I have found this explanation:
In astrology a yod is said to form whenever one planet forms quincunxes (150° aspects) to another two planets that are separated by only a sextile (60° aspect). If each point of the yod were traced across an astrological chart it would appear as a "Y" shape on any axis. The two planets in sextile are in a complementary relationship while the quincuxed planet is completely incompatible with the sextile planets, sharing neither gender, element, or mode (though the ruler of the planet and house should be also considered).

Now, with my poor knowledge of astrology I am thinking of possible interpretation but I think that it could not be worst: Jupiter = expansion, Mars = energy, Uranus = explosive energy...And since my 1th is involved (meanin ME), + 7th partner / partnership + 10th career. The good thing is that Mars is in Pisces so it is a kind of calm energy, calm and conastant - I get angry rarely, but, as written above by R4VEN, I have constantly the feeling that I am in a wrong way, I am building my career for 10 years at least but the feeling is still here...
And about Uranus in 7th - there were situations that people just disappear or make a sudden decision (concerning me of course) but convinsing me that it has nothing to do with me but I was a ``victim`` of many ``sudden shocks`` in my life...
And I also beleive that I was born in a ``wrong`` family... I am very different from my mother, we disagree all the time, she has her interests I have mine, she never understand me, she does not know me even today, even what is my favorite colour or food, she always does what she thinks is correct (without asking), and my father was quite neutral in everything...
I hope this example was helpful, if I come with anything new I`ll post, but my knowledge is indeed restrected...
Best r
__________________
Sun is shining, life is beautiful, feel the calmness...

Last edited by natasa812; 03-16-2009 at 03:22 PM. Reason: letters were too small
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Unread 03-17-2009, 03:06 AM
R4VEN's Avatar
R4VEN R4VEN is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: under the Southern Cross
Posts: 2,862
Re: Yods & Unaspected Planets - what you can expect

Quote:
Originally Posted by natasa812
I have found my YOD!
Here it is:
My Mars in 1st (at 18o in Pisces) makes Quincunx or Inconjunct - 150 with Uranus in Libra at 17o in my 7th h. and Uranus makes sextile to Jupiter in my 10th in Sagittarius at 17o degree. And it looks like Y but the line goes a little bit to the right so I am not sure is this true YOD or not....

Best r
No, that isn't a Yod.
Uranus forms an inconjunct with Mars, but Jupiter squares Mars. In order for there to be a yod with Mars at the apex you would need to have a planet at around 17-19 deg in Leo.

However, that inconjunct between Uranus and Mars is quite tricky, and can lead to impatience and frustration.
__________________

"There is a crack in everything
That's how the light gets in."
- from Anthem
by Leonard Cohen
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Unread 03-17-2009, 07:48 AM
EJ53 EJ53 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,512
Re: Yods & Unaspected Planets - what you can expect

Quote:
Originally Posted by R4VEN
No, that isn't a Yod......However, that inconjunct between Uranus and Mars is quite tricky, and can lead to impatience and frustration.
But, this only prompts the question "if Natasa does not have a Yod, why does she relate to the Yod feelings/experiences listed in Karen Hamaker-Zondags book".

I also have no Yod, but relate strongly to these feelings/experiences.......and wonder if this might actually be a product of any tightly orbed inconjuntion (whether single or in configurations like the Yod)........particularly as I share this chart feature with Natasa.......(In my case, UranusRx to Chiron with an applying orb of 17 minutes).

However, some of those on the forum who do have Yods stressed in another thread that this is an aspect which has to be lived/experienced to be understood.........So, I'm very conscious of the fact that my comments on Yods can only ever be "intellectually based" and may therefore seem facile to those who know through experience "what they are talking about".

With that caveat in mind though, it seems to me that the crucifixion of Christ illustrates the way in which a Yod operates (and indeed He was fixed in a "Y" position on the cross itself)...........Since there seem to be four distinct levels at which this configuration manifests in those who have it :-

1. Physical/events outside our control.......(nailing to the cross).

2. Emotional/feelings and reactions to such events.......("forgive them Father...").

3. Intellectuall/questioning and understanding of the events....("this was my destiny")

4. Spiritual/using our experiences/understanding to inspire others....(resurrection and ascension).

The first three of these seem to be covered by KHZ's list......but my guess is the 4th emerges only after our understanding of the others has unfolded....("The Yod itself does not provide any clear direction in this life")......We must be "born again" before we can use this "Finger of God" to influence others, and thus achieve our Yod destiny.

EJ

Last edited by EJ53; 03-17-2009 at 07:53 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Unread 03-17-2009, 08:23 AM
R4VEN's Avatar
R4VEN R4VEN is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: under the Southern Cross
Posts: 2,862
Re: Yods & Unaspected Planets - what you can expect

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ53
But, this only prompts the question "if Natasa does not have a Yod, why does she relate to the Yod feelings/experiences listed in Karen Hamaker-Zondags book".

I also have no Yod, but relate strongly to these feelings/experiences.......and wonder if this might actually be a product of any tightly orbed inconjuntion (whether single or in configurations like the Yod)........particularly as I share this chart feature with Natasa.......(In my case, UranusRx to Chiron with an applying orb of 17 minutes).
That's a good question.

I'm curious about the effects of that Chiron-Uranus inconjunct with such a tight orb. I have Uranus inconj my ASC - around 2 and a half degrees orb - and it's been something which, along with my unaspected Mercury, has slowly begun to rule my life, not fully, but in an Up Yours, I'll Say What I Like, rebellious kind of way. I began this in childhood, but had it punished out of me, so now I'm enjoying it in later life with no-one telling me what to do! Any inconjunct is difficult to work with, and needs to be taken into account.

As I was writing the original post I did wonder about the differences in sensitivity which some people possess. For instance, EJ, you have a Scorpio sun, and with a quincunx to your Chiron in Scorpio, this is pretty full-on, and hard to ignore.

My son has a yod between his Moon, Jupiter and with both quincunx his Mars in Libra in the 12th. Each one of those inconjuncts render him prone to allowing others to walk over him and take advantage of that Libran energy, but with both together in that way, the energy of his Mars has in the last 16-18 months been fired into action. Perhaps had he had only one inconjunct to Mars, he would still express - as he does - all the features which KHZ lists in her Yod book. Perhaps the two inconjuncts together are to ensure he moves beyond struggle.
Just a theory.
__________________

"There is a crack in everything
That's how the light gets in."
- from Anthem
by Leonard Cohen
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Unread 03-17-2009, 09:19 AM
EJ53 EJ53 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,512
Re: Yods & Unaspected Planets - what you can expect

Quote:
Originally Posted by R4VEN
....I have Uranus inconj my ASC - around 2 and a half degrees orb...which, along with my unaspected Mercury, has slowly begun to rule my life, not fully, but in an Up Yours, I'll Say What I Like, rebellious kind of way. I began this in childhood, but had it punished out of me....
My Scorpio Chiron (in 3rd) is 2 degrees from Sun and quincunx Gemini Uranus in 9th (on MC).........Same "I'll say what I like" effect as yours, but punishment served only to make me say it louder and more often.......Resulting in a habit/expectation of "fighting to the death" whenever I feel "unheard or not listened to".......which I'm still not even close to overcoming at the age of 60!

Quote:
....EJ, you have a Scorpio sun, and with a quincunx to your Chiron in Scorpio, this is pretty full-on, and hard to ignore
Hard for others to ignore.......but I made a pretty good job of doing so, until Aquarius7000 "hammered in" some pointers for me a few months ago.

Quote:
....Perhaps the two inconjuncts together are to ensure he moves beyond struggle....
This makes sense......a kind of balancing of tensions that keeps the individual "on course" towards the apex/Yod objective.

Interestingly, the Huber school of astrology rename the Yod as "Projection" (if no planet opposes the apex planet) and "Striving" (if there is an opposition).........stating that both quincuxes are "awareness-forming aspects", intended to make the individual think about/learn from experience....So, maybe "mindfulness" is the key to fully unfolding and exploiting the potential of Yods in our chart.

EJ

Last edited by EJ53; 03-17-2009 at 09:23 AM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to EJ53 For This Useful Post:
StillOne (04-08-2015)
  #9  
Unread 03-17-2009, 09:21 AM
starlink's Avatar
starlink starlink is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: I live in peace
Posts: 6,350
Re: Yods & Unaspected Planets - what you can expect

Quote:
With that caveat in mind though, it seems to me that the crucifixion of Christ illustrates the way in which a Yod operates (and indeed He was fixed in a "Y" position on the cross itself)...........Since there seem to be four distinct levels at which this configuration manifests in those who have it :-

1. Physical/events outside our control.......(nailing to the cross).

2. Emotional/feelings and reactions to such events.......("forgive them Father...").

3. Intellectuall/questioning and understanding of the events....("this was my destiny")

4. Spiritual/using our experiences/understanding to inspire others....(resurrection and ascension).

The first three of these seem to be covered by KHZ's list......but my guess is the 4th emerges only after our understanding of the others has unfolded....("The Yod itself does not provide any clear direction in this life")......We must be "born again" before we can use this "Finger of God" to influence others, and thus achieve our Yod destiny.
EJ53, that is a very interesting comparison indeed! Goodness, you are going deep and philosophically into this one!

About nr.4 I would indeed say that we probably have to "die" and "be born again" in an 8th house, Plutonean fashion (having gone through the experience itself) and then be able to explain to others how to deal with their Yods.
__________________
ON EVERY MOUNTAIN HEIGHT IS REST
Goethe.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Unread 03-17-2009, 09:29 AM
starlink's Avatar
starlink starlink is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: I live in peace
Posts: 6,350
Re: Yods & Unaspected Planets - what you can expect

Quote:
Hard for others to ignore.......but I made a pretty good job of doing so, until Aquarius7000 "hammered in" some pointers for me a few months ago.
Ha ha, I had to laugh about this one! Not to worry EJ, we are almost familiar with this one by now

Still smiling
STarlink
__________________
ON EVERY MOUNTAIN HEIGHT IS REST
Goethe.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Unread 03-17-2009, 10:24 AM
R4VEN's Avatar
R4VEN R4VEN is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: under the Southern Cross
Posts: 2,862
Re: Yods & Unaspected Planets - what you can expect

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ53
This makes sense......a kind of balancing of tensions that keeps the individual "on course" towards the apex/Yod objective.

Interestingly, the Huber school of astrology rename the Yod as "Projection" (if no planet opposes the apex planet) and "Striving" (if there is an opposition).........stating that both quincuxes are "awareness-forming aspects", intended to make the individual think about/learn from experience....So, maybe "mindfulness" is the key to fully unfolding and exploiting the potential of Yods in our chart.

EJ
Mmmm - Projection or Striving are really good ways of describing this.

In my son's Yod he has natal Chiron - early in Taurus in 6th - in opposition to his Yod apex. His Striving to openly express his Mars has been somewhat hampered by health/energy issues. And also his understanding of Mars through the opposition to Chiron has been hugely misunderstood by other men, who just want to take him on and beat his lights out!!! Women, on the other hand, seem to understand what he is about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ53
My Scorpio Chiron (in 3rd) is 2 degrees from Sun and quincunx Gemini Uranus in 9th (on MC).........Same "I'll say what I like" effect as yours, but punishment served only to make me say it louder and more often.......Resulting in a habit/expectation of "fighting to the death" whenever I feel "unheard or not listened to".......which I'm still not even close to overcoming at the age of 60!
Now, that sounds like a 3rd house Chiron issue, the `not being heard'. It sounds to me as though a 3rd house Chiron expresses itself similarly to an unaspected Mercury - kinda makes sense.

I'm currently looking at the natal chart of an Aboriginal woman with a totally unaspected Venus. I suspect that the unaspected Venus could very well express itself similarly to Chiron in the 7th. A friend of mine has Chiron (in Scorp) in the 7th, and has been married 4 times!! This is the first time I've ever considered that the effects of Chrion in the chart may mirror a yod or an unaspected planet.

Have we hit upon something, or are we delusional?
__________________

"There is a crack in everything
That's how the light gets in."
- from Anthem
by Leonard Cohen
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to R4VEN For This Useful Post:
StillOne (04-08-2015)
  #12  
Unread 03-17-2009, 11:11 AM
natasa812's Avatar
natasa812 natasa812 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Europe
Posts: 923
Re: Yods & Unaspected Planets - what you can expect

Quote:
Originally Posted by R4VEN

Have we hit upon something, or are we delusional?
Dear R4VEN, I always like that you, at the end, demand a conclusion. I like this and I also want to see a result of our ``research``. Unfortunatelly, I am not able to give interpretations like you do.

Thank you for replying, thanks to EJ for his very Sagittarian philosophical and religious approach very familiar and understandable to me. This is an example of a good astrologer (or a good suggestion at least): to ``adjust`` his interpretation depending on a sign and make it understandable! Congratulations EJ!

And thanks to Starlink too, I`ll study my chart more and if I come up with something I`ll post again if you don`t mind.

This is a beautiful Forum
Best r
Natasa
__________________
Sun is shining, life is beautiful, feel the calmness...
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Unread 03-17-2009, 05:43 PM
EJ53 EJ53 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,512
Re: Yods & Unaspected Planets - what you can expect

Quote:
Originally Posted by starlink
...I would indeed say we probably have to "die" and "be born again" in an 8th house, Plutonean fashion (having gone through the experience itself) and then be able to explain to others how to deal with their Yods.
Interestingly Star, if we "turn a Yod chart" to put the apex planet in the 1st house, the sextiling planets fall in the 6th and 8th.....self/service/transformation......So, maybe those with Yods can learn something by turning the chart/apex planet through all 12 houses.

Quote:
Ha ha, I had to laugh about this one EJ.


Quote:
Originally Posted by R4VEN
This is the first time I've ever considered that the effects of Chrion in the chart may mirror a yod or an unaspected planet......Have we hit upon something?
I think one of Chiron's purposes is to bring astrological awareness (Uranus) to those who might otherwise find it's validity hard to accept (Saturn)......So, whilst it's difficult to explain to the uninitiated why a Yod makes them behave in a certain way, most people can easily grasp the concept that "Chiron in sign/house" does so......Making Chiron Sign astrology as "popular" in the future as Sun sign astrology is today....Maybe the mechanism to do that is what you've hit on here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natasa
...I`ll study my chart more and if I come up with something I`ll post again
Natasa, your Mars/Uranus/Jupiter configuration is what the Huber School of Astrology calls a "Large Learning Triangle".....focused upon expanding your consciousness, learning and development.....in the area covered by the houses and quadrants in which it is situated.....The Mars/Jupiter square attracts tension/confilct; the Mars/Uranus quincunx intellectually analyses/learns from that confict and the Uranus/Jupiter sextile implements the lessons learned......Thus, the growth/learning cycle remains continuous throughout your life......And none of the pain that is experienced with a Yod configuration!
:banana:


EJ

Last edited by EJ53; 03-19-2009 at 05:35 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to EJ53 For This Useful Post:
StillOne (04-08-2015)
  #14  
Unread 03-17-2009, 05:56 PM
natasa812's Avatar
natasa812 natasa812 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Europe
Posts: 923
Re: Yods & Unaspected Planets - what you can expect

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ53
......Thus, the growth/learning cycle remains continuous throughout your life......And none of the pain that is experienced with a Yod configuration!
:banana:


EJ
Thank you veeeeeeery much dear EJ, this is indeed a relief! :banana::banana::bananaThis is me celebrating!)
__________________
Sun is shining, life is beautiful, feel the calmness...
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Unread 03-17-2009, 09:44 PM
starlink's Avatar
starlink starlink is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: I live in peace
Posts: 6,350
Re: Yods & Unaspected Planets - what you can expect

Quote:
Interestingly Star, if we "turn a Yod chart" to put the apex planet in the 1st house, the sextiling planets fall in the 6th and 8th.....self/service/transformation......So, maybe those with Yods can learn something by turning the chart/apex planet through all 12 houses.
EJ, all aspects connections with houses are measured from their distance to the Ascendant I read somewhere long ago and the YOD aspect is therefore based on its 8th-6th house connection,because it is 150 degrees away from the Ascendant .(or explained the other way around, the 8th and 6th houses are both 150 degrees away from the Ascendant point. Therefore they are associated with illnesses which are actually caused by unresolved psychological problems. It's how we handle the energies of the Yod, thereby making ourselves more or less prone to illness.
Also the choices to make associated with this aspect show that if we dont make a choice, we get stuck with what is not good for us anymore and we could get ill.

So that's why I am bringing part of your post back. Hope you dont mind. (not deleted in my inbox )because you really have seen this (I at least think so)extremely well! I was looking for the explanations all along and here you come up with these very good examples! I could only figure out nr. 2, the 12th-2nd house, but the squares I just could not figure it out:

Quote:
1. Aries/1st house represents "the Lamb of God".

2. The semi-sextiles from Aries/the lamb reveal His first task.....to realise that He was on Earth to usher in the New Spiritual Age (Pisces/12th) to those still strongly attached to material values (Taurus/2nd).

3. The sextiles from Aries reveal task two......To recognise Himself as part of the Holy Trinity.......Mars/the physical body (able to act upon the world)....Uranus/the Holy Spirit (able to Act through Him).....Sun/the father (able to create by acting through Him). This one I find more difficult. I would have thought it had more to do with communication (3rd)to all human beings (11th), spreading the word but you took that to the 4th/10th houses.

4. The squares from Aries reveal task three.....To preach/deliver His message to both his own people (Cancer/4th) and the Gentiles (Capricorn/10th).

5. The quincunxes reveal task four......His mission/Yod purpose.....To serve by transforming Himself/demonstrating that the Soul/Spirit continues after death.

6. The opposition reveals task five......Our realisation that "we are one".
Or rather the strive to become one? balancing opposing sides.

Then you also said:

Quote:
So, maybe those with Yods can learn something by turning the chart/apex planet through all 12 houses.
I am not sure if that works EJ. As far as I have read, any Yod has a 6th-8th house meaning,but it is actually an interesting thing you are suggesting.
I just cannot remember where I read about this. It was very long ago.
__________________
ON EVERY MOUNTAIN HEIGHT IS REST
Goethe.

Last edited by starlink; 03-17-2009 at 10:19 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Unread 03-18-2009, 07:08 AM
EJ53 EJ53 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,512
Re: Yods & Unaspected Planets - what you can expect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star
3. The sextiles from Aries reveal task two......To recognise Himself as part of the Holy Trinity.......Mars/the physical body (able to act upon the world)....Uranus/the Holy Spirit (able to Act through Him).....Sun/the father (able to create by acting through Him). This one I find more difficult. I would have thought it had more to do with communication (3rd)to all human beings (11th), spreading the word but you took that to the 4th/10th houses.
Before deleting the quoted post Star, I amended the above (point 3) to read :-

The sextiles from Aries reveal task two........to communicate His message through followers/disciples (Aquarius/11th) and those around him (Gemini/3rd).

I also moved my former point 3 to 5 :-

The trines from Aries reveal task four........To recognise Himself as part of The Holy Trinity.......Mars/physical body (able to act upon the world).......Jupiter/Holy Spirit (able to act through Him)........Sun/father (able to create through the Holy Spirit).......Hence, in a physical body, He could "bring heaven to earth".......(As above, so below......Thy will be done, on earth as in heaven.....I am here so that ye might have life, and have it more abundantly).

[This suggests of course that the gospel might actually be a story exemplifying the astrological journey towards enlightenment.......So, I'm hoping the bible-thumpers that frequently knock on my door do not now become "thumpers of men".]

Quote:
I am not sure if that works EJ......but it is actually an interesting thing you are suggesting.....


For those being tested by a Yod, I guess anything that might further their understanding of it is worth looking into........I like Barbara Hand-Clow's view of a Yod as being like a dowsing rod, with the left and right hands (energisers) being the sextiling planets whilst the tip is the apex planet....Thus, by cycling the apex planet through the signs, we may get a feel for how the Yod affects us in different areas of life (particularly as the 1/6/8 house relationship might not occur throughout uneven systems, like Placidus)..........So, Aries/Virgo/Scorpio we've already seen as showing the self to be engaged in transforming in order to serve.....Taurus/Libra/Sagitarrius might then show where (houses) relationships and beliefs might change our values.....Gemini/Scorpio/Capricorn could show where we need to control our intensity to improve communications, etc.

[Maybe this simply highlights the fact that we all have this "Yod relationship" of signs in our chart (even without the specific planetary aspect)....and might learn something about ourselves by looking at it in this way.....And, it also may explain why Natasa and I can relate to the listed Yod feelings/experiences despite not having the aspect itself in our charts.]

EJ





Last edited by EJ53; 03-19-2009 at 04:27 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Unread 03-18-2009, 08:47 AM
R4VEN's Avatar
R4VEN R4VEN is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: under the Southern Cross
Posts: 2,862
Re: Yods & Unaspected Planets - what you can expect

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ53
[This suggests of course that the gospel might actually be a story exemplifying the astrological journey towards enlightenment.......So, I'm hoping the bible-thumpers that frequently knock on my door do not now become "thumpers of men".]
Of course!!!!!
I'm always saying that the bible is one big series of allegories.


Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ53
For those being tested by a Yod, I guess anything that might further their understanding of it is worth looking into........I like Barbara Hand-Clow's view of a Yod as being like a dowsing rod, with the left and right hands (energisers) being the sextiling planets whilst the tip is the apex planet....Thus, by cycling the apex planet through the signs, we may get a feel for how the Yod affects us in different areas of life (particularly as the 1/6/8 house relationship might not occur throughout uneven systems, like Placidus)..........So, Aries/Virgo/Scorpio we've already seen as showing the self to be engaged in transforming in order to serve.....Taurus/Libra/Sagitarrius might then show where (houses) relationships and beliefs might change our values.....Gemini/Scorpio/Capricorn could show where we need to control our intensity to improve communications, etc.

VERY interesting theory..............
K. Hamaker-Zondag also points out that she has found in her clients a tendency towards yods and unaspected planets being found in several generations of a family. For instance, if one child has an unaspected planet, then look at the charts of other children in the same family, and in the charts of their parents and grandparents.

eg. Both my maternal grandmother and I have (had) an unaspected Mercury. My grandmother was `silenced' as she entered adolescence, and as an older woman only ever spoke to say things which were nasty or condescending. My mother had no unaspected planets, but acted like she had an unaspected Mercury - always writing letters and expressing her opinion. In later life she even had a segment on regional radio. Even though hardly anyone listened to it, she was in her element!! My career choices and hobbies alike have all had powerfully Mercury-related. The theme of this has been about women believing they are not listened to, not heard; that they have no voice. Sounds just like Chiron in the 3rd!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ53
[Maybe this simply highlights the fact that we all have this "Yod relationship" of signs in our chart (even without the specific planetary aspect)....and might learn something about ourselves by looking at it in this way.....And, it also may explain why Natasa and I can relate to the listed Yod feelings/experiences despite not having the aspect itself in our charts.]
And I guess this is where the inconjuncts to and from planets creates the `necessary' stresses, and when a person's natal Chiron is quincunx to anything, then this creates the sort of stress of which you and Natasa both speak.





__________________

"There is a crack in everything
That's how the light gets in."
- from Anthem
by Leonard Cohen
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Unread 03-18-2009, 09:39 AM
starlink's Avatar
starlink starlink is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: I live in peace
Posts: 6,350
Re: Yods & Unaspected Planets - what you can expect

Quote:
....Thus, by cycling the apex planet through the signs, we may get a feel for how the Yod affects us in different areas of life (particularly as the 1/6/8 house relationship might not occur throughout uneven systems, like Placidus)..........So, Aries/Virgo/Scorpio we've already seen as showing the self to be engaged in transforming in order to serve.....Taurus/Libra/Sagitarrius might then show where (houses) relationships and beliefs might change our values.....Gemini/Scorpio/Capricorn could show where we need to control our intensity to improve communications, etc.
Yes, it sounds perfectly reasonable and I am going to have a closer look at Yods this way. Thanks EJ. This was all very interesting. Now this is what I call learning!! Maybe something for the Education Board EJ. We have so much together here, I am sure you could put it all together into a good learning page!
__________________
ON EVERY MOUNTAIN HEIGHT IS REST
Goethe.

Last edited by starlink; 03-18-2009 at 09:46 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Unread 03-18-2009, 04:45 PM
CarrieLee's Avatar
CarrieLee CarrieLee is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: in the land of the Buzzards yuck...
Posts: 119
Re: Yods & Unaspected Planets - what you can expect

Hoping I can attach my chart, I have two yods the apex for one is my Chart ruler Neptune. It involves my Moon and Saturn.
The other Apex is Saturn and that involves my Sun and Sun/pluto exact conjunction.
I have found this thread extremely helpful so thank you
Some one once said that I have a boomerang because Saturn the Apex planet is also opposite Mer/Ven.
I did have fantasies of belonging to another Family.I have problems expressing exactly what I mean.Like right now
I attribute my Moon Neptune to my bulimia as a younger person.I was not able to finish my higher learning (college) due to Motherhood and taking care of a raging alcoholic parent (my choice) I wanted to save her. I never thought about it until now but her Sun (Cap) is inconjunct my Moon.
Anyway thanks and forgive me for piping in
Attached Images
File Type: gif astro_2gw_01_carrie.gif (29.5 KB, 27 views)

Last edited by CarrieLee; 03-18-2009 at 04:54 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Unread 03-18-2009, 04:46 PM
CarrieLee's Avatar
CarrieLee CarrieLee is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: in the land of the Buzzards yuck...
Posts: 119
Re: Yods & Unaspected Planets - what you can expect

I did it I am so freaking excited!!! Woo hoo! My FIRST chart attachment!!WEEE
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Unread 03-18-2009, 05:19 PM
EJ53 EJ53 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,512
Re: Yods & Unaspected Planets - what you can expect

Quote:
Originally Posted by R4VEN
K. Hamaker-Zondag also points out that she has found in her clients a tendency towards yods and unaspected planets being found in several generations of a family.
This makes sense............Both yods and unaspected planets can take a lifetime to understand/get to grips with........So, an "incoming Soul" might speed up the process by being born in close contact with someone who has already got some conscious experience of the issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star
Maybe something for the Education Board EJ.


............................Did I see an escape hatch somewhere around here???


Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrieLee
..Some one once said that I have a boomerang because Saturn the Apex planet is also opposite Mer/Ven.
You certainly have two Yods, Carrie......I'd consider the Mercury/Venus opposition as too wide for a boomerang......but others would regard the orb as acceptable......so if it feels like one to you, then it is one.......I guess the Saturn/Neptune quincunx is highly significant because it appears in both Yods; Saturn/Chiron are your only retrograde planets and these two plus the North Node are located in the same sign (Aries)..........And that focus on Aries also emphasises the importance of Venus (the final dispositor of all other planets in the chart and located in both the sign and house of relationships).

EJ

Last edited by EJ53; 03-18-2009 at 05:29 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Unread 03-18-2009, 05:22 PM
Arian Maverick's Avatar
Arian Maverick Arian Maverick is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 4,089
Re: Yods & Unaspected Planets - what you can expect

Quote:
I am not sure if that works EJ. As far as I have read, any Yod has a 6th-8th house meaning,but it is actually an interesting thing you are suggesting.
I just cannot remember where I read about this. It was very long ago.
Could Isabel M. Hickey's Astrology: A Cosmic Science be a possible source, starlink?

Quote:
Inconjunct: Keyword: Adjustment. 150 degreees apart. An inconjunct is on one side or the other of an opposition. If it is in the sign before the opposition it is in a 6th house relationship. If on the other side it is an eighth hous erelationship. This makes a difference in how it operates. The sixth house inconjunct gives difficulties in either work or heatlh. The eighth house inconjunct has to do with the necessity of regeneration and transformation where the character is concerned.
This is a fascinating conversation, by the way. I wish I had more time presently to contribute...

Quote:
K. Hamaker-Zondag also points out that she has found in her clients a tendency towards yods and unaspected planets being found in several generations of a family.
Yes, this is definitely the case in my immediately family; both my brother and I "inherited" a yod aspect with the common Neptune-Pluto sextile base from our father, and I have an additional yod, just for kicks. My father's yod has Pisces Sun apex; my brother's yod has Gemini Venus apex; one of my yods, the one with the Neptune-Pluto base, has Gemini Mars apex. I don't have the recorded time of birth of either of my paternal grandparents, but oddly enough, I don't recall seeing any such configuration in either of their possible natal charts. I haven't explored unaspected planets, however.

Quote:
This makes sense............Both yods and unaspected planets can take a lifetime to understand/get to grips with........So, an "incoming Soul" might speed up the process by being born in close contact with someone who has already got some conscious experience of the issues.
This is an interesting idea, EJ. It's been a while since I've researched yods, but I remember reading a suggestion that individuals who have yod aspects--possibly unaspected planets, as well--may find that their destiny is guided by the spirits of departed ancestors, who are seeking to improve the family. I found this to be a somewhat bizarre idea at the time, but I've since reconsidered.

Arian Maverick
__________________
I am inactive on the forums, for the time being.

Last edited by Arian Maverick; 03-18-2009 at 05:33 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Unread 03-18-2009, 06:58 PM
CarrieLee's Avatar
CarrieLee CarrieLee is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: in the land of the Buzzards yuck...
Posts: 119
Re: Yods & Unaspected Planets - what you can expect

Thank you so much for peeking at my chart EJ. Your the first on this forum, because I was working off an old old computer I was unable to post it. I will have to ponder if I feel it is a boomerang or not. I do feel Mer/Sat opposition VERY strongly, all the time. And I even wonder if I have a learning disability at times but that may also be attributed to Nep/Sat because of my inability to focus. As a child I could only learn best when I was doing my odd doodles. Yet on the news the other day it was stated that people who doodle in a classroom have better retention of the subject matter I am off to ponder Saturn in Aries inconjunct Neptune in Scorpio 2nd and 9th house
And perhaps now is the time I invest in the Yod book
Thanks again
Carrie
Attached Images
File Type: gif astro_2gw_01_carrie.gif (29.5 KB, 7 views)
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Unread 03-18-2009, 08:11 PM
EJ53 EJ53 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,512
Re: Yods & Unaspected Planets - what you can expect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrie
..I am off to ponder Saturn in Aries inconjunct Neptune in Scorpio 2nd and 9th house....
Neptune's in 8th house Carrie.........transformation through imagination/intuition/inspiration of views about life and death?........Which might suggest that Saturn warns against a self-image based material values.....So, perhaps this quincunx concerns learning to enjoy the things (and people) you value in this life without becoming so attached to them that you cannot let go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AM
....I remember reading a suggestion that individuals who have yod aspects--possibly unaspected planets, as well--may find that their destiny is guided by the spirits of departed ancestors, who are seeking to improve the family.
It may be that the Yod configuration itself makes spiritual guidance easier....So, "ancestors" might be simply accessing whomever they can to improve the family of mankind.

EJ
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Unread 03-19-2009, 01:49 AM
R4VEN's Avatar
R4VEN R4VEN is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: under the Southern Cross
Posts: 2,862
Re: Yods & Unaspected Planets - what you can expect

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ53
This makes sense............Both yods and unaspected planets can take a lifetime to understand/get to grips with........So, an "incoming Soul" might speed up the process by being born in close contact with someone who has already got some conscious experience of the issues.
This is so well expressed, EJ!!
That Chiron in 3rd house certainly makes its mark. And with Chiron in 3rd, there is also a natural teaching ability, something I've noticed emerging more and more in your posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arian Maverick
This is an interesting idea, EJ. It's been a while since I've researched yods, but I remember reading a suggestion that individuals who have yod aspects--possibly unaspected planets, as well--may find that their destiny is guided by the spirits of departed ancestors, who are seeking to improve the family. I found this to be a somewhat bizarre idea at the time, but I've since reconsidered.
You'd better believe it!! I'm certainly `aware' of those through the veil - in particular my mother - whenever I'm struggling with this stuff. I feel she left me a big mess to clean up - literally - so her help is very welcome, by whatever method it reaches me.

And to wander into the next generation after rambling on about my unaspected Mercury.............. I figured that my children would surely possess some feature of this mercury-thing, even if they are male, and the blocked Mercury expression was only found on the female side of my family.
My oldest son has Mercury in a T-square with a Pluto-Moon opposition. He was an awful child - always in trouble, always being kicked out of school - but once he left school and discovered that he could use his Mercury (in Cancer in 10th, with Gemini MC) to educate himself, then he calmed down and found a focus. (In my female line a lack of formal education has also been at the crux of the Mercury issue - and this is something I knew I had to change, and so did.)
My other son has Mercury in Virgo in opposition to his Pisces Moon, the latter of which forms one of the sextiles in his yod. His mouth sometimes gets him into trouble, but just as skillfully gets him out of it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ53
It may be that the Yod configuration itself makes spiritual guidance easier....So, "ancestors" might be simply accessing whomever they can to improve the family of mankind.
I believe this is true - at least, from what my ancestors `indicate' to me.
It's just that the majority of us simply don't recognise the signs. My son who has a yod has a remarkable ability - if left to sort things out himself without interference - to do the `right' thing and at exactly the right time. He'll wallow around in a sea of inaction, and then suddenly he'll do a series of things in quick succession, all of which somehow clear things in his life, seemingly effortlessly.
__________________

"There is a crack in everything
That's how the light gets in."
- from Anthem
by Leonard Cohen
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
expect, planets, unaspected, yods

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Soul Contract Miss Saturn Karmic Astrology 34 04-23-2011 10:53 PM
Unaspected Natal Planets aspicco Aspects & configurations 22 04-27-2008 02:21 PM
Unaspected Planets Kite Aspects & configurations 1 04-10-2006 11:37 PM
Unaspected Planets Kite Other Astrology 3 03-11-2006 05:04 PM
Maverick interest in Unaspected Sun researching Hetheip Introduce Yourself and Your Astrology Background 7 02-17-2006 05:04 AM



All times are GMT. The time now is 11:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2005-2018, AstrologyWeekly.com. Boards' structure and all posts are property of AstrologyWeekly.com and their respective creators. No part of the messages sent on these boards may be copied without their owners' explicit consent.