Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Predictive Astrology > Lunar/Solar

Lunar/Solar Now, this is a hot topic! This sub-board is dedicated to talks on the influence of solar eclipses, lunar eclipses, new moons, full moons, etc. in predictive astrology.


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Unread 12-04-2017, 06:10 PM
dd78's Avatar
dd78 dd78 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: life sentence in a solitary confinement
Posts: 374
How long the effects of an eclipse can last?

I`m somewhat confused because of conflicting data on how long the effects of eclipses last.

According to this article:
http://skyscript.co.uk/eclipsecarter.html

eclipse that made neither conjunction nor opposition to my natal chart shouldn`t have affected me at all.

However, e.g. SAROS 18 did not affect my chart, yet some of it`s most destructive effects will surely last untill I die.


Can damage caused by an eclipse be ever reversed/ repaired?

So how long can effects of an eclipse last anyway? Untill the next cycle?

Why don`t other "nice and happy" eclipse series affect my life, since they do affect my chart? And some of them do affect my chart much more than the above mentioned tragic one ?!


Last edited by dd78; 12-04-2017 at 07:40 PM. Reason: errors!! I can`t correct the title
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Unread 12-04-2017, 06:15 PM
dd78's Avatar
dd78 dd78 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: life sentence in a solitary confinement
Posts: 374
How long do effects of an eclipse can last?

duplicated thread

Last edited by dd78; 12-04-2017 at 07:23 PM. Reason: duplicated thread
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Unread 12-04-2017, 08:17 PM
Vyri Vyri is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Oregon
Posts: 569
Send a message via ICQ to Vyri Send a message via AIM to Vyri Send a message via MSN to Vyri Send a message via Yahoo to Vyri
Re: How long do effects of an eclipse can last?

Taken from the book by Manly P. Hall of Astrological Keywords Pg. 180
Astrologer's (some) declare that the effects of a solar eclipse last as long in years as the eclipse is hours in duration.

Most generally the eclipse has an effectiveness that lasts during the coming year.

All the best
Vyri
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Unread 12-04-2017, 08:21 PM
Vyri Vyri is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Oregon
Posts: 569
Send a message via ICQ to Vyri Send a message via AIM to Vyri Send a message via MSN to Vyri Send a message via Yahoo to Vyri
Re: How long do effects of an eclipse can last?

Quote:
How long the effects of an eclipse can last?
I`m somewhat confused because of conflicting data on how long the effects of eclipses last.

According to this article:
http://skyscript.co.uk/eclipsecarter.html

eclipse that made neither conjunction nor opposition to my natal chart shouldn`t have affected me at all.

However, e.g. SAROS 18 did not affect my chart, yet some of it`s most destructive effects will surely last untill I die.


Can damage caused by an eclipse be ever reversed/ repaired?

So how long can effects of an eclipse last anyway? Untill the next cycle?

Why don`t other "nice and happy" eclipse series affect my life, since they do affect my chart? And some of them do affect my chart much more than the above mentioned tragic one ?!
In mundane charts the effect is until a next eclipse is accounted for (most timely) but in progressions the movement of a planet (Sun) is slow equal to 1 degree for one day.

Taken from the book by Manly P. Hall of Astrological Keywords Pg. 180
Astrologer's (some) declare that the effects of a solar eclipse last as long in years as the eclipse is hours in duration.

Most generally the eclipse has an effectiveness that lasts during the coming year.
Synapses of page. 182 from the same book regarding Mundane charts.
Lunar eclipses: Whereas solar eclipses are particularly concerned with the affairs of men, of governments, and public utilities, lunar eclipses are significators of the condition of women & the community of men & women in general, of the home & children. Lunar eclipses like those of the Sun are favorable of unfavorable according to the aspects under which the eclipse takes place.They are shorter in duration, whereas the effect of a solar eclipse is presumed to continue for as many years as the eclipse lasts in hours the effect of a lunar eclipse endures for as many months as the eclipse lasts in hours.

Of the personal chart taken into consideration is the orb (in my reflections-memory of natal interpretations.) of influence of surrounding planets within aspect & given to the position of the Moon or the Sun (Sun in angles etc as Moon is also to be considered.) at the degree of eclipse. Certainly the proximity of the degree house & strength of planet within it (the Sun (Moon) should be considered: Planets passing over these degrees make a decided influence additionally.

Taken from the Dictionary of Astrology
My understanding the strength of the eclipse may also be deciphered by the table below.

Eclipse Limits.

When a conjunction of Sun and Moon occurs within 18 31' from either node, the major solar eclipse limit, a solar eclipse may occur; within 15 21', the minor solar eclipse unit, a solar eclipse will occur; within 11 15', the major central solar ecliptic limit, a total or annular eclipse may occur; within 9 55', the minor central solar ecliptic limit, a total or annular eclipse will occur. When an opposition of Sun and Moon occurs near either node the major lunar ecliptic
limit is 12 15' and the minor 9 30'; the major total lunar ecliptic limit is 3 45' and the minor 6 0'.

On page 124 of the A-Z Book of Astrology by Llywellyn there is a brief contribution to natal & progressed effects of an eclipse.
It has been a while since my studies included progressed & natal effects because these delineations must take into account a very personal understanding of temperament & trait of the individual given the reading. It is enough that horary takes into considerations an a typical reference of the stars: given a specific energy explanation of planet sign etc, rather than a more definitive personal study as natal astrology takes up.

A study of time & progressions is much rewarding for the native to study within his own map in regards specific reaction to the transits.

All the best
Vyri

Last edited by Vyri; 12-04-2017 at 09:38 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Vyri For This Useful Post:
dd78 (12-05-2017)
  #5  
Unread 12-04-2017, 09:52 PM
Vyri Vyri is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Oregon
Posts: 569
Send a message via ICQ to Vyri Send a message via AIM to Vyri Send a message via MSN to Vyri Send a message via Yahoo to Vyri
Re: How long do effects of an eclipse can last?

Energy is changeable as we become aware of the potential each energy might represent ahead of time. We then make a goal for our reactions to these energies. The stars impel they do not compel..especially to be understood in a natal map the psychology behind an influence trending within the map.

If lets say Saturn is involved in an eclipse energy we know our parents or authority figures or hard lessons are expected to be dealt with during the coming cycle of aspects & planetary configurations.

If we are for-warned we are for-armed. Taken at the flood of understanding any energy when perceived of its possibilities may give us opportunity to ride with its flow of directions to benefit as even the discordant or hard energies may make.

Manly P. Hall of Astrological Keywords additionally with the many different books available at the Llewellyn.com site give reference to definitive explanations of predictive Astrology in reference to Natal study as well horary topic. There is a wealth of experience behind many of these books..worth taking a peek at.

All the best
Vyri

Last edited by Vyri; 12-04-2017 at 09:55 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Vyri For This Useful Post:
dd78 (12-05-2017)
  #6  
Unread 12-05-2017, 09:38 PM
dd78's Avatar
dd78 dd78 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: life sentence in a solitary confinement
Posts: 374
Re: How long do effects of an eclipse can last?

Thank you for your help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vyri View Post
If lets say Saturn is involved in an eclipse energy we know our parents or authority figures or hard lessons are expected to be dealt with during the coming cycle of aspects & planetary configurations.
Saturn was definitely involved - he is my 5th&6th ruler and during the eclipse I`m referring to he sat right on my natal IC. And Jupiter sat on my natal AC.
These two seem to have caused ultimate damage to both my AC and IC.

But it was in Sept. 2015, shouldn`t the effects of the eclipse be off?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Vyri View Post
If we are for-warned we are for-armed. Taken at the flood of understanding any energy when perceived of its possibilities may give us opportunity to ride with its flow of directions to benefit as even the discordant or hard energies may make.

I wasn`t forwarned
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Unread 12-05-2017, 09:50 PM
JUPITERASC's Avatar
JUPITERASC JUPITERASC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 50,922
Re: How long do effects of an eclipse can last?

eclipse degree may be activated
by any transiting PLANET
within 6 months to a year

AND
MAY ALSO BE RE-ACTIVATED
BY ECLIPSES
even years later



ECLIPSES on the same or similar degree
recur at intervals


also

changes indicated may occur to others
- such as friends, co-workers and not solely to family
and

when eclipses affect countries
then the entire population is in some way affected


QUOTE

'.....There are eclipses that re-activate other eclipses
from decades earlier and 'repeat',
which MAY have significant impact
due to that eclipse degree remaining a sensitive point for years,
decades,
even centuries.
Far longer than anyone had previously thought

A book to revolutionize the study of eclipses

at CYCLES RESEARCH....'
http://www.billmeridian.com/ppoep.html
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JUPITERASC For This Useful Post:
Vyri (12-06-2017)
  #8  
Unread 12-06-2017, 03:55 PM
dd78's Avatar
dd78 dd78 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: life sentence in a solitary confinement
Posts: 374
Re: How long do effects of an eclipse can last?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUPITERASC View Post
eclipse degree may be activated
by any transiting PLANET
within 6 months to a year

AND
MAY ALSO BE RE-ACTIVATED
BY ECLIPSES
even years later
Thank you,
However, it leaves me without any hope :
It can never be deactivated, there`s always at least one transit to the eclipse degree in a year (disregarding transits of Moon and Mercury).

The eclipse degree was reactivated by transiting Jupiter 2 times within 6 months and each single contact synchronized with the worst moments in my entire life when my child`s life was literally hanging on a thread. And it was clearly a miracle that made my child survive on these occasions.
But I wasn`t so lucky myself.

Jupiter hit the eclipse degree for the third time in July 2016 and it coincided with yet another significant damage to my 1st HS matters. And repairing this damage has been exhausting my very last resources - physical, financial and emotional.
And I`m still far from reaching my goals.


But many other planets reactivated the eclipse degree as well.
The latest hit was made by Venus-Mars transiting conjunction in October this year.
Over my natal Nodal axis

And this particular conj. had already prooved to be deadly.
And quite literally deadly as Mars rules my natal 8th house.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Unread 12-28-2017, 07:28 PM
dd78's Avatar
dd78 dd78 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: life sentence in a solitary confinement
Posts: 374
Re: How long do effects of an eclipse last?

How about eclipses that fall on natal Nodal Axis?

are they more powerful, e.g. influence one`s Karma?

for example:

An eclipse causes some events in sombody`s life and the events then force this individual to take actions in a response to them.
And, finally, these particular actions taken by this individual activate another eclipse(s) ?
And so on?



Quote:
Originally Posted by JUPITERASC View Post

A stone dropped into water
will cause a ripple to move outwards
in all directions
continuing on long after the stone left the hand.
Likewise, any action of our body, speech, or mind
has the potential to cause a ripple effect
within the interconnectedness of all phenomena
continuing on long after the action was carried out
or forgotten.
~ Chamtrul Rinpoche




And this is the ripple effect ?

And some things just happen no matter what I do?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Unread 12-28-2017, 11:27 PM
JUPITERASC's Avatar
JUPITERASC JUPITERASC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 50,922
Re: How long do effects of an eclipse last?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd78 View Post

How about eclipses that fall on natal Nodal Axis?
are they more powerful, e.g. influence one`s Karma?
"Karma" is a word that means "Action"
i.e.
Karma = Action
and obviously
Action has consequences

There are three BASIC types:
PHYSICAL action
VERBAL action
and
MENTAL action.

Every action leaves an imprint

Physical actions may produce tangible residue
whereas
verbal and mental karma create intangible imprints.
Analyze the trail of any karma aka physical, verbal and mental action
and one may be surprised
how it may wane
but
never gets destroyed completely.
It is the residue of each karma aka action that conditions one
Quote:
Originally Posted by dd78 View Post
for example:
An eclipse causes some events in sombody`s life
events are happening in somebodys life
some of the events
are happening at eclipse time
the events happening at eclipse time are therefore associated with eclipse

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd78 View Post

and the events then force this individual to take actions in a response to them.
unless the individual chooses to NOT ACT in response to the events
Quote:
Originally Posted by dd78 View Post
And, finally, these particular actions
taken by this individual activate another eclipse(s) ?
And so on?
eclipses are astronomical phenomena
that are not activated by an individual

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd78 View Post
And this is the ripple effect ?
ripples are caused in nature frequently
for example
by wind causing ripples on rivers, the sea, the ocean, lakes and so on
it is not unusual
in fact
we inhabit a world where action has consequences

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd78 View Post

And some things just happen no matter what I do?
clarify what is meant by "some things just happen"
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Unread 12-29-2017, 03:13 PM
dd78's Avatar
dd78 dd78 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: life sentence in a solitary confinement
Posts: 374
Re: How long do effects of an eclipse last?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUPITERASC View Post
unless the individual chooses to NOT ACT in response to the events
I meant an event like a death of a family member.
Is there anybody in the world who would choose NOT to take any action in response to death of a family member?
In my understanding even grieving is some kind of an action. No death = no grief.

But personally I had only two possible [external] actions to take in response to this death:
a) commiting suicide
b) reporting a crime (criminally negligent homicide)

I obviously chose the latter action and I don`t remember the exact time, but the event chart cast for the appropriate time of my reporting the crime aligns with my prenatal eclipse chart.

But I didn`t realize, that I would only suffer more losses and the justice would never be served. Not in this country!



Quote:
Originally Posted by JUPITERASC View Post
eclipses are astronomical phenomena
that are not activated by an individual

I don`t know if it activated my prenatal eclipse.
But it affected both my prenatal eclipse chart and my natal chart in many ways.




Quote:
Originally Posted by JUPITERASC View Post
clarify what is meant by "some things just happen"

My goals were completely opposite to the events (caused by the eclipse) and I gave up everything in order to prevent the events from happening. But all my efforts were thwarted both by other people and circumstances. Due to the events associated with the eclipse I lost everything I ever really cared for, despite all my actions.

And I also lost many other things in association with the main event. Again, because of actions of other people. Even most of my rights were denied. I wasn`t helped by anybody and obviously failed to defend myself alone. It all happened despite all my actions.

To make things worse, I`m not even left in peace right now, because there are other people who have been trying to impose their actions on me for a while. Without any previous action on my part!!!

It`s their decisions and their actions. They seem to care only about what they want, and what I want is nonexistent to them.

However, they are continuously trying, despite all my actions ( avoidance and resistance it this case) etc.

IT all JUST HAPPENS, no matter what I do.

This is what I meant.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Unread 12-29-2017, 03:53 PM
JUPITERASC's Avatar
JUPITERASC JUPITERASC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 50,922
Re: How long do effects of an eclipse last?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd78 View Post

I meant an event like a death of a family member.
Is there anybody in the world
who would choose NOT to take any action in response to death of a family member?
In my understanding even grieving is some kind of an action.
No death = no grief.

But personally I had only two possible [external] actions
to take in response to this death:
a) commiting suicide
b) reporting a crime (criminally negligent homicide)

I obviously chose the latter action
and I don`t remember the exact time, but the event chart
cast for the appropriate time of my reporting the crime
aligns with my prenatal eclipse chart.

But I didn`t realize, that I would only suffer more losses
and the justice would never be served.
Not in this country!

death of a family member is traumatic at any time
and when that death occurs under suspicious circumstances
such as the one you have highlighted
then one reacts appropriately by reporting that death


Quote:
Originally Posted by dd78 View Post

I don`t know if it activated my prenatal eclipse.
But it affected both my prenatal eclipse chart and my natal chart in many ways.

My goals were completely opposite to the events (caused by the eclipse)
and I gave up everything in order to prevent the events from happening.
But all my efforts were thwarted both by other people and circumstances.
Due to the events associated with the eclipse
I lost everything I ever really cared for, despite all my actions.
And I also lost many other things in association with the main event.
Again, because of actions of other people.
Even most of my rights were denied.
I wasn`t helped by anybody and obviously failed to defend myself alone.
It all happened despite all my actions.
To make things worse, I`m not even left in peace right now, because
there are other people who have been trying to impose their actions on me for a while.
Without any previous action on my part!!!
It`s their decisions and their actions.
They seem to care only about what they want, and what I want is nonexistent to them.
However, they are continuously trying, despite all my actions
( avoidance and resistance it this case) etc.
IT all JUST HAPPENS, no matter what I do.
This is what I meant.
It is not unusual in life for events to occur that we are avoiding
and for you
these events you describe are traumatic
one way to cope
is to keep a continuous focus on the fact that
nothing is permanent
eveything is impermanent

do your best to find ways of relaxing
mediation
or
Tai Chi
or spending time in natural surroundings




__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JUPITERASC For This Useful Post:
dd78 (12-29-2017)
  #13  
Unread 12-29-2017, 05:43 PM
dd78's Avatar
dd78 dd78 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: life sentence in a solitary confinement
Posts: 374
Re: How long do effects of an eclipse last?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUPITERASC View Post
do your best to find ways of relaxing
mediation
or
Tai Chi
or spending time in natural surroundings



thank you

I wish I could!
I live far away from the sea and around 95% of my desktop backgrounds feature the sea, but they bring neither the breeze & the smell, nor the sounds


Neptune sits in my 4th hs, so my longing is pretty understood to me, but the reality is that everywhere I live/-d there is/was faulty plumbing or (at least!) low-quality faucets etc.
Poor substitute for the sea, really
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Unread 12-29-2017, 05:56 PM
JUPITERASC's Avatar
JUPITERASC JUPITERASC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 50,922
Re: How long do effects of an eclipse last?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd78 View Post
thank you

I wish I could!
I live far away from the sea
and around 95% of my desktop backgrounds feature the sea, but
they bring neither the breeze & the smell, nor the sounds

Neptune sits in my 4th hs, so my longing is pretty understood to me, but
the reality is that everywhere I live/-d there is/was faulty plumbing
or (at least!) low-quality faucets etc.
Poor substitute for the sea, really
You are doing your best however
Introduce the sounds of the sea using online videos
and then for salty sea air aroma Himalayan salt lamp may be beneficial






__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JUPITERASC For This Useful Post:
dd78 (01-02-2018)
  #15  
Unread 12-30-2017, 05:50 PM
dd78's Avatar
dd78 dd78 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: life sentence in a solitary confinement
Posts: 374
Re: How long do the effects of an eclipse last?

Thank you,
I use salt lamp from salt mine in Wieliczka, one of the oldest salt mines in Europe

It produces very pleasant microclimate, but again, it`s not the real sea
 
 
 
But back to the topic:
- is it possible for an event to re-/activate an eclipse?
- how many eclipses can be active at the same time?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 30122017803.jpg (47.7 KB, 1 views)

Last edited by dd78; 10-22-2018 at 05:16 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dd78 For This Useful Post:
JUPITERASC (12-31-2017)
  #16  
Unread 12-31-2017, 05:05 PM
dd78's Avatar
dd78 dd78 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: life sentence in a solitary confinement
Posts: 374
Re: How long do effects of an eclipse last?

I`ve just stumbled upon this extensive pdf info on eclipses :

http://billmeridian.com/2012UACWORKSHOP.pdf


It answers all my questions and even more!

It also provides vital information on astrocartography of eclipses




HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dd78 For This Useful Post:
JUPITERASC (12-31-2017)
  #17  
Unread 12-31-2017, 05:35 PM
JUPITERASC's Avatar
JUPITERASC JUPITERASC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 50,922
Re: How long do the effects of an eclipse last?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd78 View Post

Thank you,
I use salt lamp from salt mine in Wieliczka, one of the oldest salt mines in Europe

It produces very pleasant microclimate, but again, it`s not the real sea
 
But back to the topic:
- is it possible for an event to re-/activate an eclipse?
- how many eclipses can be active at the same time?
good news you use salt lamps already
of course the real sea is best naturally
https://www.dalailama.com/videos/in-...nt-origination
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Unread 12-31-2017, 05:40 PM
JUPITERASC's Avatar
JUPITERASC JUPITERASC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 50,922
Re: How long do effects of an eclipse last?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd78 View Post
I`ve just stumbled upon this extensive pdf info on eclipses :

http://billmeridian.com/2012UACWORKSHOP.pdf

It answers all my questions and even more!

It also provides vital information on astrocartography of eclipses

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
I have Bill Meridian book on Eclipses and often post links to him
good that you found that info. Take time to study thoroughly
meanwhile
Thanks for your kind good wishes
and wishing you also a peaceful and Happy New Year


__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JUPITERASC For This Useful Post:
dd78 (12-31-2017)
  #19  
Unread 12-31-2017, 05:53 PM
JUPITERASC's Avatar
JUPITERASC JUPITERASC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 50,922
Re: How long do effects of an eclipse can last?

That pdf you posted a link to gathers useful info from multiple sources
and so
do continue to link to it often
because new members join all the time
so we need to keep repeating the links to the important info

http://billmeridian.com/2012UACWORKSHOP.pdf
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JUPITERASC For This Useful Post:
dd78 (01-02-2018)
  #20  
Unread 01-02-2018, 07:53 PM
dd78's Avatar
dd78 dd78 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: life sentence in a solitary confinement
Posts: 374
Re: How long do effects of an eclipse last?

Thank you for the wishes and for the picture

I`ve studied the info from Bill Meridian for a while and there seem to be dozens of eclipses affecting my chart in many ways (aside from the one from Nov. 1976) .

So separating wheat from shaff seems to be a time-consuming task.

I`ll be watching the effects of the upcoming January eclipse, as it falls close to my n. Jupiter and occurs two days prior to my upcoming Mars return.

These two planets are between 0 and 1 deg. of latitude in my natal chart, so I would expect the effects of the eclipses falling close to these planets to be more pronounced etc.

I`m not sure, what the max. allowed orb for a parallel in latitude is, though.
It all requires further study.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Unread 01-02-2018, 08:46 PM
JUPITERASC's Avatar
JUPITERASC JUPITERASC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 50,922
Re: How long do effects of an eclipse last?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd78 View Post
Thank you for the wishes and for the picture

I`ve studied the info from Bill Meridian for a while and there seem to be dozens of eclipses affecting my chart in many ways (aside from the one from Nov. 1976) .

So separating wheat from shaff seems to be a time-consuming task.


I`ll be watching the effects of the upcoming January eclipse, as it falls close to my n. Jupiter and occurs two days prior to my upcoming Mars return.

These two planets are between 0 and 1 deg. of latitude in my natal chart, so I would expect the effects of the eclipses falling close to these planets to be more pronounced etc.

I`m not sure, what the max. allowed orb for a parallel in latitude is, though.
It all requires further study.
BILL MERIDIANs work shows the complexity of eclipse effects on a chart
and requires much research
I recommend keeping an astrological diary
and also calculating your Yearly Profections
to find the LORD OF THE YEAR


for parallel in latitude the orb is 1 degree
the upcoming January eclipse last occurred on that degree
was 31 January 1999
so check back to events at that time
also
I notice there was a Solar eclipse on that same degree
on 1 August 2008







Do not worry. Tibetans have a saying, that if a problem can be fixed, worrying is pointless
because something can be done.

And if a problem can not be fixed, worrying is still pointless, because nothing can be done.
Whatever your situation, no matter how serious, worrying will only make it worse.

It also consumes so much of your time and energy
that you could have used to cultivate inner peace and happiness instead.
~ Chamtrul Rinpoche



__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf

Last edited by JUPITERASC; 01-03-2018 at 02:40 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JUPITERASC For This Useful Post:
dd78 (01-04-2018)
  #22  
Unread 01-03-2018, 10:26 PM
dd78's Avatar
dd78 dd78 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: life sentence in a solitary confinement
Posts: 374
Re: How long do effects of an eclipse can last?

It took me 2hours to reply and everything is lost now !!!

I have to write it all over again;

meanwhile I`ll repeat just a part of it today

Quote:
I recommend keeping an astrological diary
and also calculating your Yearly Profections
to find the LORD OF THE YEAR

I`ve been keeping the diary since 2015
LOY is Jupiter and profected AC falls on Mars-Mercury conjunction

Quote:
for parallel in latitude the orb is 1 degree
thank you

Is there any difference between parallel in declination and parallel in latitude, anyway?

Quote:
the upcoming January eclipse last occurred on that degree
was 31 January 1999
so check back to events at that time
also
I notice there was a Solar eclipse on that same degree
on 1 August 2008
I did. The events unfolded according to the involved Saros Series, but my reactions were quite different in both cases.

SS 19s was happy and repeated on my DC last year, but it produced null results this time

SS 10s - I failed to recognize and take my chance to leave abusive relationship. It basically led me to a disaster later



There were many more eclipses on my Jupiter, though. Some affected both my Jupiter and Moon, since they`re 11 degrees apart in Leo and Aquarius, respectively.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Unread 01-03-2018, 10:48 PM
JUPITERASC's Avatar
JUPITERASC JUPITERASC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 50,922
Re: How long do effects of an eclipse can last?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd78 View Post

It took me 2hours to reply and everything is lost now !!!

I have to write it all over again;

meanwhile I`ll repeat just a part of it today

I`ve been keeping the diary since 2015
LOY is Jupiter and profected AC falls on Mars-Mercury conjunction

thank you

Is there any difference

between parallel in declination
and

parallel in latitude, anyway?



























Quote:
Originally Posted by dd78 View Post

I did. The events unfolded according to the involved Saros Series, but my reactions were quite different in both cases.

SS 19s was happy and repeated on my DC last year, but it produced null results this time

SS 10s - I failed to recognize and take my chance to leave abusive relationship. It basically led me to a disaster later

There were many more eclipses on my Jupiter, though. Some affected both my Jupiter and Moon, since they`re 11 degrees apart in Leo and Aquarius, respectively.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Unread 01-03-2018, 10:49 PM
JUPITERASC's Avatar
JUPITERASC JUPITERASC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 50,922
Re: How long do effects of an eclipse can last?

__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JUPITERASC For This Useful Post:
dd78 (01-04-2018)
  #25  
Unread 01-04-2018, 08:17 PM
dd78's Avatar
dd78 dd78 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: life sentence in a solitary confinement
Posts: 374
Re: How long do effects of an eclipse last?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUPITERASC View Post
Do not worry. Tibetans have a saying, that if a problem can be fixed, worrying is pointless
because something can be done.

And if a problem can not be fixed, worrying is still pointless, because nothing can be done.
Whatever your situation, no matter how serious, worrying will only make it worse.

It also consumes so much of your time and energy
that you could have used to cultivate inner peace and happiness instead.
~ Chamtrul Rinpoche




Thank you

I have all too many reasons to be worried, depressed and scared right now.

It all denies any inner peace and happiness, sorry.

I can "escape" it for a while by pursuing my various intellectual interests. But the reality keeps catching up with me, anyway
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
eclipse, effects, long

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 08:46 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2005-2018, AstrologyWeekly.com. Boards' structure and all posts are property of AstrologyWeekly.com and their respective creators. No part of the messages sent on these boards may be copied without their owners' explicit consent.