Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology

Natal Astrology A place to discuss yours and others' birth charts (after you post your own birth chart interpretation). Includes psychological and relocation astrology, houses, aspects, and planetary dignity and debility.

Unread 08-15-2008, 09:32 AM

Designer star signs

Another question from a newcomer to Astrology.

I had always assumed that it was the instant of conception that determined one's personality, but it seems that it is the instant of birth that counts.

As babies can be induced, and caesareans can be performed at a time to suit, could the time of birth be tweaked to provide the child with a better chart? Is this feasible?

Unread 08-15-2008, 09:36 AM

Send a message via AIM to Leo Virgo Send a message via Yahoo to Leo Virgo
Re: Designer star signs

It is possible, but I feel that it would be so wrong on so many levels. But I have heard of doctors either Inducing, or holding off so that a baby won't be born on April 1.. april fools day.. or the 28th of february. A person's chart even if it's "Bad" isn't necessarily how they will act. A chart could say that you're going to grow up to be a serial killer, and yet they grow up to be a devout spiritualist, harming not a fly on their earth walk.

8/18/84
cincinnati Ohio
9:30 A.M
Unread 08-16-2008, 02:14 AM

I've actually considered scheduling my children to be born as Sun signs I get along with better, so I don't end up with any contrary Aquarian, Sagittarian and Libra kids; but Sun sign's not everything and there's no perfect chart, so I guess I'll just love them however they turn out as long as they're good people regardless of what signs they are (even if they're not good people I'll still love them, just not quite as much confidentially -shh-)

I don't think inducing the birth makes a better chart and doubtless there's gonna be some indication of a forced birth in the kids chart (Aries ascendant or Mars angular perhaps?) that likely will go on to affect the rest of their life.

The issue with using moment of conception also is that it's harder to ascertain than the time of birth (I don't know mine! )

"
...Of the 2700 astronomers attending the conference (out of some 10,000 professionals worldwide), less than 500 actually voted on the resolution, which was put to the assembly on the last day of the conference. Not much of a consensus.
"

-Rob Tillett on the 2006 IAU General Assembly and the precedent to declare Pluto a "Dwarf Planet"

This user (birth chart) knows everything! At least, that's what his mother keeps saying...

Last edited by wilsontc; 08-21-2008 at 03:53 PM.
Unread 08-16-2008, 09:47 PM

Hmm...this could be looked at as a philisophical question. Assuming there is such a thing as fate, then inducing or holding off or whatever could be seen as that is what was supposed to happen. Then again, if youre a true believer of complete free will and no set destinys or anything, then you can alter your life as you see fit (or other lives in this case)

The only way a sun sign makes sense for a person is if they have the same sign in other planets or aspects. Such as me...4 planets in Aquarius and 11th house in Aquarius. I wouldn't want to plan out my child having a certain sun sign, for two reasons: one, I'd probably end up being dissapointed and two, i jus like letting life take over, not planning anything
Unread 08-21-2008, 08:23 AM

Emily Faugno taught me that your ascendent is the sign that the moon was in when your mother conceived.

In response to your responsers...how do you know that "holding off" is not indeed the karma/chart the child is supposed to have? This makes no sense.

Tags
designer, signs, star