Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Vedic Astrology

Vedic Astrology For discussions on Vedic astrology only.

Unread 12-13-2017, 05:19 PM

Sade Satti and Saturn 4th and 8th from Moon?

Opinions on Sade Satti? Also wondering since Saturn transiting sign before, sign of and sign after moon is so bad, is something similar occurring when Saturn transits sign opposite moon? I know 4th and 8th from moon are also hard transits. But if Sade Satti occurs around the conjunction to moon when Saturn is 12th, 1st, 2nd from moon, when it transits 6th, 7th and 8th from moon what can it cause?

I have Gemini moon and mine was the WORST transit ever. It was from 2001-2007 and it was just horrific.
I started to write out all the things it caused but I stopped because it was that bad. It basically turned me into my own worst enemy ( this happened when I was in middle to highschool so terrible age for Sade Satti if u ask me)

Then to make matters worse, IF it could ever get worse, when Saturn transited 4th from my moon in 2010-2012, well it was also extremely tragic. What happened is so tragic that its almost unbelievable.

I am a very stable and calm and happy/optimistic person (natal jup/sun conjunction in Tau) but Saturn transits just destroy me to another level. Especially Saturn/moon transits.

(I have Ari ASC so Saturn rules my 10/11 houses, and is placed in my 9th house, and Moon rules 4th house and is placed in my 3rd. So yes I have Sat / Moon opposition natally) I also have a Moon / Mars / Venus conjunction in Gemini, so when Saturn aspects my moon it also aspects my Mars and Venus. Which rule my 1st and 7th houses (as well as 2nd and 8th. But saturn transits for me always bring toxic relationships or tragedies to do with romance, as well as deaths or addictive issues and mental instability) What fun.

And being now, such a stable person its so hard to believe I went thru what I went thru or did some of the things I did. Its like I was a completely different person during my Sade Satti and during Saturn's 4 transit from Moon. And back then I didnt even know about astrology, I started getting into it when Saturn was transiting 4th from my moon but back then I was too novice to know about what that was even.

Ive noticed it really depends on Saturn's Binniashtakvarga score in signs too. Like for me, when Saturn transited Taurus, the sign before my moon and friendly sign for Saturn, it receives 4 pts there and that transit wasn't bad at all, it was actually VERY good. But it was also my Jupiter return time.

But when Saturn was in sign of my moon, Gemini, where it only gets 2pts, and Sign after my moon Cancer, its detriment sign AND only gets 1 pt it was absolute hell on earth for me.

In Leo, it receives 4pts and that was an overall good time. Even though its still a detriment Saturn this time period was ok for me. Mixture of good and bad- a good balance if you will.

But then in Virgo, its 4th place from my moon where it receives 2pts...my god...it was worse than Sade Satti I think.

In Libra, its exaltation, it receives 4pts and this was a very lucky time for me actually, even though its my 7th house. I definitely had road blocks in relationships but the rest of my life began falling in place, as I recovered from the wreckage of Saturn in Virgo.

In Scorpio, my 8th house, things did turn a bit more dark, but Saturn still recieves 4pts. At least nothing too tragic has happened but I did get my heart broken pretty badly again. But its probably a remnant of Saturn in 7th as I met and fell for someone we knew we could never work during my Saturn in 7 transit. And to make matters even more interesting, the guy was a Capricorn - Saturn rules his Sun - and he had a natal Saturn/Moon conjunction in Libra in his 7th house.

Now Saturn has entered Sagittarius, and my Saturn return is imminent. Saturn is currently opposing my 7th ruler, Venus

Saturn receives
2 pts here. I am a bit nervous but I'm hoping since its a 9th house transit (7th from moon) it wont be all too hard. However when Jupiter and Mars all team up with Saturn in Sag in 2020 this will be in direct opposition to my Moon and Mars.

But I am a bit worried about Saturn transiting Cap- 8th from Moon where it receives 2pts again. Plus its Saturn's own sign so idk if this is better or worse than when Saturn transited cancer where its in detriment for Me, and only has 1pt and was in sign after my moon.

After the Cap transit though, Saturn gets excellent pts in Aqu, Pis, Ari, and a good 4pts in Tau again so things should be good for a number of years Saturn wise after that. But then Sade Satti comes again. I'm also hoping second Sade Satti will be less traumatic than my first one since ive read after your Saturn return, Saturn transits lose some power a bit.

Does anyone have advice, knowledge or want to share their experiences with Sade Satti or Saturn in 4th or 8th from moon? (Or 7th from moon even?)

Last edited by Venusmagic89; 12-13-2017 at 05:59 PM.
Unread 12-31-2017, 10:11 PM

Re: Sade Satti and Saturn 4th and 8th from Moon?

I like the way your have analyzed your own chart.But I believe the most important thing you should analyse is which Mahadasha you are in.I am a also an Aries Ascendant with Scorpio (8th Moon sign).I also have saturn in 9th house as well.So I went through 8th house Shani via Lagna and 2nd Phase of Sade Sati via moon sign for the last 2.5 years. Saturn return in Sagittarius should not worry you because technically it is not Sade Sati.But I suggest you start analyzing your Mahadasha because they hold the key to your better life.Let me give you my example.

Today is the last day of my Venus Mahadasha .Venus is the lord of 2nd and 7th house and its the Maraka Graha for Aries Asc.Venus in my birth chart is present in 12th house of Pisces which is exalted position for Venus.I am currently in Third Phase of Sade Sati.I have faced multiple setbacks in personally and professionally in Venus MD.(no job and income source,Love Failure,high student loans in last 2.5 years)

Since you are Aries Asc,Sun and Jupiter are your Yogakaraka planets.If you are running though those Mahadashas then Sade Sati will have little impact on you.If you are running through Venus,Mercury or Saturn Dasha then things will be rough.I can vouch for Venus MD even though It was exalted it gave me enough problems for 20 years.I am not sad about it but the only regret I have is the results I got did not justify the amount of hard work I put in.

The simplest way to judge your Benefic or Malefic Mahadasha is looking at the Shadbala,Ishta phal (IP)and Kastha Phal(KP).These calculations are done in a minute on Jagannatha Hora software.

Your analysis on Asthakavarga table is very detailed.But the Mahadasha and Antardasha have 50% impact on delivering good results.Asthakavarga chart does not consider the impact of Mahadasha and Antardasha.So it does not give you a holistic picture of the events which will happen to you.Analysing Mahadasha and Antardashas will.Dasha time period will be around 16-20 years whereas maximum planetary transit impact in each zodiac will be max 2.5 years.So Dashas will have a more prolonged and intense impact on you than planetary transits.

Saturn is also a co-maraka planet for Aries Asc along with Venus but blaming all the sorrows on Saturn is Unfair.Saturn is the most divine of all the planets and he puts us through these testing times for our own betterment.Sade sati is a cleansing process which removes all toxicity in your life.

So,don't worry about Sade Sati and believe in doing right karma and following right dharma.Saturn is an unbiased planet and he will reward handsomely for all the troubles he put us through.Most importantly,Raja yoga given by any planet is Temporary but Saturn's raja yoga will be beautiful and long lasting.

Hope it helps,

Cheers
Logan

PS:I am open to constructive criticism.Any pointers to my lack of depth in knowledge will be wholeheartedly acknowledged.
Unread 01-01-2018, 01:50 PM

The effect of a planet both in transit and during its periods, depends much on the kind of attitude it has towards the ascendant as the latter represents the self of the individual.
Saturn is debilitated in Aries and is inimical to Mars. Hence it is not a good planet for this ascendant and when badly placed in the birth chart or in transit it is likely to cause trouble. Such persons are advised to repeat Saturn mantra regularly.
Unread 01-01-2018, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathur_dinesh View Post
The effect of a planet both in transit and during its periods, depends much on the kind of attitude it has towards the ascendant as the latter represents the self of the individual.
Saturn is debilitated in Aries and is inimical to Mars. Hence it is not a good planet for this ascendant and when badly placed in the birth chart or in transit it is likely to cause trouble. Such persons are advised to repeat Saturn mantra regularly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathur_dinesh View Post

Thank you for your detailed response! Im quite a detailed person myself so it becomes a bit much for some people to respond to I think. However just writing it out helps me to figure things out also,
My Maha Dasa for past 19 years has been Saturn. So makes sense as to why my safe sati and all my Saturn transits were so intense. My moon is at end of Punarvarsu, so I was born at end of Jupiter Dasa.
Mercury Dasa begins for me in 2019- it literally begins the same week as my Saturn return. So it's interesting the dasas will switch the week of my Saturn return. But currently with saturn opposing my Venus, I'm still under saturn dasa. But when Saturn and mars and jupiter oppose my moon and mars, (my moon and mars are also a raj yoga- 1at and 4th ruler together) I will be under mercury dasa

I'm wondering why mercury dasa can make satyrn transits hard? Aren't mercury and Saturn amicable planets?

I also didn't give you full picture of my chart which may be why it's harder to understand why Saturn transits have been so terrible for me (although its odd, every relationship I've ever been in, the guy has been capricorn or Aquarius- so Saturn ruled people im attracted to) maybe I need to work on that energy within myself so I attract it from others.

Anyway, in my chart I also have partial KAL Sarp Yoga.
All of my planets- sun thru Jupiter, fall under the rahu/ketu axis. The ONLY planet outside this axis is Saturn. Which opposes many of my personal planets. So its very interesting yoga, especially with Saturn being such a karmic planet and is symbolizing freedom from this karmic yoga (I think?)

The other interesting thing is that, none of my nakshatras are mercury or saturn ones. But in my d9 chart, Anuradha is the ASC. That's where it gets interesting because Anuradha is ruled by Mars and Saturn.
Mars and Saturn are in,opposition in d1. And they also mutually aspect each other in d9.
Mars is Vargomatta in d9 in Gemini in,8th house, so Vargomatta its actually at exact same degree as in my birth chart- so still in Punarvasu. Saturn is in Virgo in 11 house (Hasta nakshatra) interesting saturn becomes into a moon nakshatra when its opposite moon in d1. Saturn and Moon are Trine each other in d9, as moon is exalted in 7th in Rohini in d9.
Also, interesting side note, is that Venus moves into exact nakshatra and degree of mu d1 saturn in my d9 chart. Venus moves from Ardra in d1 to Purva Asadha in d9 at Saturn's degree exactly. And in d1 of course, saturn is opposing Venus too. (Even though Venus is in Ardra, its at end of Ardra so its almost at Punarvasu as it is in same sign as moon and mars)
And purva Asadha is a Venus ruled nakshatra. Which natal saturn is in, and having Saturn oppose my Venus right now (but its transiting mula currently) is interesting too.

But back to Mars and Saturn mutually aspecting. Mars aspects Saturn with its 4th aspect and saturn aspects mars with its 10th aspect in my d9. I find that interesting as they both rule d9 ASC.
It worries me a bit that marriage may not be possible for me due to so many signs

-saturn opposite moon and venus (and mars. And Venus and mars are 1/7 rulers)
-Jupiter combust in enemy sign
-Saturn/mars stand off in d9 as they are ASC rulers of d9
-yes moon in d9 is exalted in 7th but its conjunct Ketu
-rahu in 1st/ketu in 7th in d9 (in d1 rahu is in 11, ketu in 5)
-Venus and mars in opposition in d9, as they are d9 1/7 rulers also
-Jupiter is in Leo in 10 house in d9 which is improvement from,its natal position as in d9 its no longer combust either, but actually becomes friends with the sun as sun in cancer in 9 house of d9, but Jupiter is in papa karti yoga as its hemmed between sun and Saturn.

In d1, my 4 and 10 houses have no planets but they are hemmed by malefics. I have mars in 3rd, ketu in 5th hemming 4th. Then I have saturn in 9th, rahu in 11th hemming 10th.
But in d1 I also have Venus hemmed between Jupiter and moon which is benefic hemming which is good. Even though Venus and moon are in same sign they are in different houses which creates this hemming. Although in whole signs houses they may not recognize this yoga.
Anyway that's my analysis and thank you for your input!

Last edited by Venusmagic89; 01-01-2018 at 04:24 PM.
Unread 01-01-2018, 08:53 PM

There is one logic associated with the concept of friendship and enmity of planets.

Planets are divided into 2 families.It is also based on their nature ,lordship and significance.

Sun Family: (Aries,Leo,Sagittarius)
Sun:King of Planets
Jupiter:Guru of Gods
Mars:Commander in Chief.

Mercury Family: (Taurus,Libra,Capricorn)
Mercury:Prince of planets.
Venus:Guru of Demons
Saturn.

Moon doesn't take any sides because he is the father of Mercury and he derives energy from Sun.Rahu and Ketu are nodes.If one is placed well then other will not be placed well and their dasha results depend on their placement and their association with other planets.

Based on this concept,For Aries Asc, sun family will be always friendly.Mercury family will always pose problems even if they are in exalted state.Their Dasha period will be very unfulfilling.So,eventhough Mercury and Saturn are friendly to each other but they are not friendly with the Ascendant Family.That is the reason they cannot form Rajayogas or give rajayogas during their dasha.There are some exceptions but lets save that discussion some other time.

Hope this helps.
Cheers,
Logan
Unread 01-01-2018, 09:17 PM

Very interesting thank you. I guess I'll have to look for sun, Jupiter and Mars antardasa periods for good results then, as I won't have sun or mars dasa until I am very old.
I think my rahu is placed better than my ketu. Rahu is in Aquarius in 11 house which I've read is good place for rahu. Rahu and Ketu are in exact square to my mercury, and Rahu is Trine my Venus.

I also have a mercury and Venus mutual reception which is good. Even though mercury may not be good planet for Aries ASC, my mercury is in 1 house and mercury transits always seem to be more on positive side for me. Especially mercury retrograde periods. I think this may be because mercury is the only planet in my chart that has the most positive aspects. All my other planets are involved in opposotions, conjunctions or quincuxes whereas mercury has sextile to mars and mutual reception to Venus. And square with rahu and ketu but that is minor compared to how harshly aspected my other planets are.

I was also born the day mercury turned direct. So it was not retro in my chart but it turned direct 12 hours before I was born. Right when my mom went into labor which is kind of odd. And with mercury as ruler of my moon, I always saw it as more of a positive planet. But still, thank you for sharing this knowledge I must do more research on it.

The other thing is that I know Nakshatras are very important and my ASC nakshatra is Bharani which is ruled by Venus. So I'm wondering if that matters at all in the quality of my mercury or Venus dasas.
Also since I was born 1 hour 30 min before sunrise I have a night chart which i know is often associated better with Venus,mercury and Saturn.
But I know how important ASC is so I just need to learn more. Thanks for sharing your knowledge!
Unread 01-01-2018, 09:24 PM

Nakshatras are used for sade sati timings and marriage compatibility.Rest all is dependent on Lagna.

Tags
moon, sade, satti, saturn