venus is aquarius...toxic relationship partner?

in relationships, i like to look at the composite Venus.

my Venus is in mid Capricorn, my girlfriend has hers in early Sagittarius. The mid point composite places it at the Galactic Center, 26°Sag. How sexy is that? And spiritual too.

Claire19

Do people with a venus in aquarius avoid commitment?

I've heard that, in general, the only people who can work out with someone with a venus in aquarius are people with a good dose of aquarius in their chart.

Like Venus rules love, and aquarians are unemotional, independent, and aloof...so it makes sense...right?

Or at least they certainly cant deal with clingy, attached, emotional pisceans like myself? Am I right?

True or false?
I know someone with Venus in Aquarius conjunct Uranus.... He was married for 60 years but had a Capricorn Sun and Moon... Venus shows what we love and enjoy and it is only part of who we love and our attitude to partners.. He was rather cool and not passionate nor demonstrative really or affectionate and that did cause problems. These people need a sense of freedom and can be quite hard to pin down. Some gay people have this placement and it can mean unconventonal attitudes.

Last edited:

flea

another venus in aquarius...... I am not effusive in intimate relationships, but I am steady in my affections once given. I get attracted by the unusual, and need a good conversation to be fully engaged with someone else. I take time to warm up. Saturn being the traditional ruler of both aq and cap where my mars is.... structure is important in relationships. But then that gives a freedom to explore yourself fully as an individual with that kind of safe space.

X

waybread

I've heard that, in general, the only people who can work out with someone with a venus in aquarius are people with a good dose of aquarius in their chart.

Like Venus rules love, and aquarians are unemotional, independent, and aloof...so it makes sense...right?

Or at least they certainly cant deal with clingy, attached, emotional pisceans like myself? Am I right?

True or false?

I have Venus in Aquarius, and have been married (2x) most of my adult life.

Aquarius as a sign is capable to deep commitment: it's a fixed sign, remember? But it's also an air (mental) sign, and is uncomfortable with emotional clinginess or domination. If you figure out why you feel "clingy" and the rest of your synastry looks good, you should get along just fine.

Remember: on Planet Aquarius, we are the normal sign. The other types who don't understand us are too toxic, controling, emotional, or whatever.

Last edited:

Cayman

Don't be too blind on looking at the odds. My mom is a double Scorpio (Sun + Venus) and my dad is a Sagittarius with Venus in Aquarius and they been married for over 30 years.

saturnsayshi

Remember: on Planet Aquarius, we are the normal sign. The other types who don't understand us are too toxic, controling, emotional, or whatever.

waybread, that is SO perfect for describing Aquarius. I want to print that out and give it to my Aqua mom. She'll crack up! (And then remind me that astrology is the work of the devil. :devil:)

unteruber

From personal experience avoid any women with moon and/or venus in aquarius - one of the most manipulative and emotionally cold/detached people.

CapAquaPis

I was told in an astrology chat room on AOL - There are more Aquarians in prison than any other sign, however Aquarius is the most represented sign for minor drug offenses.:p The Liberalistic bent for personal decisions on stuff more and more people in soceity want legalized...combined with Neptune in Aquarius (currently) will mean an easier attitude on both romantic and drug experimention. :rightful: The Mars-Saturn in Virgo means a return to the popular concept of free love, but Saturn confuses us on expressing free love...and I sense Jupiter in the Aries/Taurus cusp represents a resurgence of traditional conventions of romance, although a back to nature mode is at hand, and should I add the triple effect of Mercury-Uranus-Pluto in Sagitarius or Capricorn.

Blackempress

True or false?

I agree with some of the fellows here who say Venus in Aquarius needs alot of freedom & tend to get involved in multiple relationships. It happens, they don't see anything wrong with it. Emotionality I guess depends on other factors. I have my heart set on one & I know why he attracts me.. I have a venus opp Uranus that needs independence & since I'm dominant air & got Venus in Gemini I CAN'T do without mental stimulation. That's what kept the two of us together. He was a Cappy with Aquarius asc & Piscean moon which made him very emotional & though he TRIED to stick to relationships I never saw him live thru even a single one but I'm hoping mine works out in some way.

For those who called it 'Toxic relationship'.... ****, I do have a tendency to fall into those quite often! Lol :alien:

saturnsayshi

It takes two to make a relationship toxic. C'mon critics of Venus in Aquarius, what's going on in your charts?

totally. most venus in aquas I know wouldn't stick around if a relationship was becoming toxic. off to greener pastures! me and my venus in pisces, on the other hand, can definitely be a toxic relationship magnet.

flea

Both myself and my dad stayed in relationships 18 years and 40 years that definitely had some toxic interactions, we both have unafflicted venus in Aq, no stress on venus at all, unlike other parts of the chart. We both stuck things out through thick and thin.....commitment was not a problem, maybe the detached quality allows you to have other perspectives on events, and not rush off and do things on pure emotion.

sandstone

Banned
there will always be many examples that will say almost the exact opposite when you are only looking at one planet placement in a sign... you really do need to factor in the whole chart which is frustrating in so far as you want to get an the exact meaning of planets in signs...

take a look at mitt romneys chart with venus in aq conjunct midheaven and in opposition to saturn/pluto... maybe it will offer some further insights in regard to his relationship pattern, or quest for a seat in the white house - take yer pick...

CapAquaPis

there will always be many examples that will say almost the exact opposite when you are only looking at one planet placement in a sign... you really do need to factor in the whole chart which is frustrating in so far as you want to get an the exact meaning of planets in signs...

take a look at mitt romneys chart with venus in aq conjunct midheaven and in opposition to saturn/pluto... maybe it will offer some further insights in regard to his relationship pattern, or quest for a seat in the white house - take yer pick...

Prediction: Nomination but no victory for Mitt Romney: Saturn and Pluto are malefics (negative energy) so it signifies loss in electoral campaigns. I say personal birth star charts and daily horoscopes with a Saturn-Pluto conjunction (heightened based on signs and natal houses) are bad news.

Planets in Scorpio, the sign associated with the most negativity, has a huge impact on people and places throughout history in astrology. Not only when Mars is in Scorpio, when the outer planets were in Scorpio and double or triple that whenever Mercury and Venus appears in Scorpio.

When the outer planets: Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune in Scorpio then into Sagittarius and Capricorn in a given time period had an impact on political systems, social mores and economic health (i.e. the Oct. 1987 Wall Street crash) of the world during the late 1980s-1990s-early 2000s.

The planet Pluto rules Scorpio, so does Mars and the personal impact of some marriages and relationships worsened when Mercury or Venus was in the sign. The Mars-Pluto (plus Saturn) presence or any triplicity planetary conjunction in Scorpio could mean a complication of societies perception of traditional gender roles in romance and marriage, back in the late 1980s/early 1990s when Pluto was lodged in Scorpio.

ReincarnatedRainbow

I like this conversation. It's interesting and funny. I must admit, though; Aquarius scares me. My favorite sign to study has always been Aquarius, and the first time I met an Aquarius was before I even knew he was one. I ended getting really attached to him. But it was only after I started to get deep feelings for him that I realized he is...Well...cruel.

So yeah. My first experience with Aquar did not turn out well. Now whenever I find out someone is an Aquarius I tend to automatically put up my walls around them.

Aries_light

I have Venus in Aquarius and I have been craving that meaning full relationship for a few years now...When I was younger i wanted the space, freedom and openness, but now I want commitment...Funny thing is that when I wanted space i meet people looking for commitment, now that I want commitment I meet people who want nothing serious...

Aries_light

I like this conversation. It's interesting and funny. I must admit, though; Aquarius scares me. My favorite sign to study has always been Aquarius, and the first time I met an Aquarius was before I even knew he was one. I ended getting really attached to him. But it was only after I started to get deep feelings for him that I realized he is...Well...cruel.

So yeah. My first experience with Aquar did not turn out well. Now whenever I find out someone is an Aquarius I tend to automatically put up my walls around them.

I feel this way about Sagitarius men...Aquarious men Ive met are all in committed relationships and seemed to be mentally stable. However sag. men are unstable and like complicated relationships; they also tend to lie and play games...not more Sag. men for me, nor gemini either...I am seeing that Taurus men take me more seriously...never dated a Taurus, but they always show up in my life...so who knows if astrology is always correct...