Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology > Aspects & configurations

Aspects & configurations Discuss here about natal chart aspects and configurations.

Unread 02-19-2010, 10:08 PM

Re: The Finger Of God. (Yod)

Thank you, EJ! I've always been perplexed by this configuration, which comprises every planet in my natal chart except the Moon, Jupiter, and Uranus. Perhaps I'll order this book for my birthday in less than two months; it seems like a handy reference tool.

Just out of curiosity, how would you interpret the recent bathtub configuration?

Arian Maverick

Last edited by Arian Maverick; 02-19-2010 at 10:10 PM.
Unread 02-19-2010, 10:51 PM

I think i have a yod.

pluto 20' virgo
uranus 25' virgo

neptune 25' scorpio

venus 21' aries

Would that be right or is the orb too big?
Unread 02-20-2010, 02:10 AM

I have found that Yods in natal charts can reflect a person’s need to make large adjustments in their life so they move onto the next stage of their life
It seems that people with Yods may try to do a work around to keep the situation which is no longer relevant for them This seems to sometimes result in health issues coming up for them
For example someone who remain for decades at a place of work even tho they may have relocated their residence to a considerable distance away. They may keep trying alternatives like renting staying with family boarding etc and each seem to break down but they keep trying.

So they keep adjusting things so they keep the same larger situation even tho it has long outlived its usefulness or enjoyment for them

Quincunx are by their nature about adjustment but the yod seems to ask that we can make the larger adjustments to move on with our life for our own happiness and inner peace. This seems to be one of the challenges of the natal yod
The Following User Says Thank You to Natasha For This Useful Post:
StillOne (03-26-2015)
Unread 02-20-2010, 02:29 AM

Actually, i have another yod..

AC 19' aquarius
Pluto 20' virgo
saturn/NN/moon/venus 18' 18' 19' 21' aries !!

does the AC count, does anyone know?
Unread 02-20-2010, 10:03 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moulin View Post
I think i have a yod...Would that be right or is the orb too big?
Hi Moulin......Good to see you back on the forum.

On "cold readings", I use an orb of 1.5 degrees for the qcx and 2 degrees for the sextile......but extend that if the person is likely to be sensitive to planetary influences......(For example, people with more than a superficial "sun-sign" interest in astrology).

In your case, the "cold" Pluto/Uranus mid-point is qcx Venus and sextile Neptune......and I'd expect you to respond to the influence of the 4 degree Venus/Neptune qcx.....So "if it feels like a Yod to You", it is a Yod (imo).

[The other is a Saturn/Pluto qcx that expresses itself through your Ascendant, and therefore affects how you see (and are seen by) strangers/those who do not know you well.]
For those interested in "astrological psychology" AM, the book identifies some 45 configurations (and gives guidelines on their interpretation)...but, I think it can now only be purchased directly from :-
http://www.astrologicalpsychology.org/bookspublic01/index.html

Quote:
Just out of curiosity, how would you interpret the recent bathtub configuration?
I'd consider them first as two yods......Mars/Saturn/Venus perhaps being about assertiveness (Mars) and control (Saturn) in relationships (Venus)......and Venus/Pluto/Mars maybe being about inspiring/charming (Venus in Pisces) those in positions of power (Pluto in Capricorn) to empower the individual (Mars in Leo).

Then, I'd link the two yods via their common qcx......Mars in Leo/Venus in Pisces......People (Mars/Venus) struggling (qcx) to be an individual within the whole (Leo/Pisces).

Next, I'd consider how the bathtub characteristics might apply......This time, the qcx/open top relates to Venus/Mars (assertiveness in relationships) and faces the AC/MC segment (self in society)......perhaps suggesting a tendency to "simplify" life by not getting involved with "politics", until the world does something to rudely awaken them.

Finally, I'd attempt a synthesis......maybe concluding that this group is here to point the way to Aquarian Age values......when each of us will be required to make our own unique contribution to society, and "non-participation or opting-out" will no longer be allowed/tolerated.

Last edited by EJ53; 02-20-2010 at 01:56 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to EJ53 For This Useful Post:
StillOne (03-26-2015)
Unread 02-22-2010, 10:49 PM

Interesting about the bath tub configuration!

Thanks EJ53 for welcoming me back

Scratch all of the above! I just received my chart rectification and i have Aries 23' AC. zzzzz

So sorry to waste your time

I still a yod.

AC aries 23' (attached to a stellium of venus 21' aries, moon 20' aries, NN 18' aries, Saturn 17' aries)
Pluto virgo 25'
uranus scorpio 25'

I have no idea what it means though except that i suppose it focuses itself on my AC

Last edited by Moulin; 02-22-2010 at 10:52 PM.
Unread 02-23-2010, 05:33 AM
Banned

Quote:
...AC aries 23' (attached to a stellium of venus 21' aries, moon 20' aries, NN 18' aries, Saturn 17' aries)...Pluto virgo 25'...Uranus scorpio 25'
Should this be Uranus virgo 25...Neptune scorpio 25?
Unread 02-23-2010, 12:58 PM

yes, sorry!
Not sure where my head was last night.

Is it of interest that the apex of my yod attaches to my stellium or not really?
People always see me as cute, sweet and intense. Some even think i'm scorpio AC cos i'm so intense. Not in a dark way, just full on. I guess this could be my stellium all being at the apex of that yod.

Thank EJ
Unread 02-24-2010, 08:58 AM
Banned

Quote:
..Is it of interest that the apex of my yod attaches to my stellium or not really?...
Yes it is, Moulin......the apex is the focal point of a Yod, where the Finger points to it's purpose......Moon/Venus/Saturn/NN in Aries/12th can be interpreted in lots of ways depending upon the keywords used, so only you can do this correctly (from personal experience/knowledge)......but for example, it could about learning to be emotionally independant in relationships with life's 12th house "victims".
The Following User Says Thank You to EJ53 For This Useful Post:
StillOne (03-26-2015)
Unread 02-24-2010, 10:50 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to SharonsSunology

That is what I have always believed too, because I truly respect that guy's book (Bil Tierney's book and Pluto being the exact right planet at the apex).
Unread 02-24-2010, 11:07 PM

Ok many thanks EJ

I get where you are coming from. I can feel the yod actually, and i can now see where it comes into my relationships
Unread 09-02-2012, 03:31 AM

just prowling the net on a saturday night... found this link on yods that i thot had some good info:
http://darkstarastrology.com/yod/

this quote i can strongly relate to:

Quote:
Alan J. Ouimet quotes the astrologer Bil Tierney (Dynamics of Aspect Analysis), describing the Yod as “arriving at a fork in the road and having to proceed in one direction rather than another without knowing where it will lead to…activation of the Yod will cause the dropping, or psychologically letting go, of certain interests and habits in order to become involved in what is showing on the horizon“. Regarding the “fork in the road”, if you take a direction other than the one God has chosen for you, then the universe is likely to give you a kick in the pants. The further you stray from the destined path, the harder the kick.

Last edited by StillOne; 04-09-2015 at 02:49 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to StillOne For This Useful Post:
I cee (09-02-2012)
Unread 09-02-2012, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillOne View Post
just prowling the net on a saturday night... lone wolf style! found this link on yods that i thot had some good info:
http://darkstarastrology.com/yod/
My own view of the yod differs a bit from the quote you gave. I think it's more like a fork in the road where, whichever route you decide to take, there's a nagging doubt in your mind that the other route was the better one. It's a constant conflict of which one to take, reinforced by the frequent hard knocks experienced while venturing each route, all of which leads to a lot of backtracking as you try to cover ground in both paths. However, there's an accumulation of experience from repeatedly traveling and backtracking each that eventually brings the two into harmony to become one, forming one path that the native can travel proficiently and with great wisdom.

Food for thought, at least.
Puregenius (10-23-2012), sequestra (09-03-2012), StillOne (09-02-2012), waybread (09-02-2012)
Unread 09-02-2012, 12:15 PM

Great link Stillone, very interesting article, also, hadn't thought of looking at the yod as midpoints.....obvious really!

Think helps get head around this configuration better

I liked this part!!!

“to develop a great sense of individuality and self confidence.*This person may have to play the role of the rescuer and the victim, over and over again, until they develop an understanding of personal and collective service. In relating to others they will explore realms of experiences that are not understood at an ordinary level as it will include collective unconscious patterns of*behavior. He or she will have to meet inner standards rather than conform to social standards of*behavior. Because of this, the person will set in motion misunderstanding and aggressive responses, from the environment.”
The Following User Says Thank You to I cee For This Useful Post:
StillOne (03-26-2015)
Unread 09-02-2012, 05:49 PM

stainedBlue, this is the best description of a yod I've seen.
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world. Jack Layton, "Letter to Canadians"

I thought we went along paths--but it seems there are no paths. The going itself is the path.
C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. Message on a refrigerator magnet.
Unread 09-02-2012, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stainedBlue View Post
My own view of the yod differs a bit from the quote you gave. I think it's more like a fork in the road where, whichever route you decide to take, there's a nagging doubt in your mind that the other route was the better one. It's a constant conflict of which one to take, reinforced by the frequent hard knocks experienced while venturing each route, all of which leads to a lot of backtracking as you try to cover ground in both paths. However, there's an accumulation of experience from repeatedly traveling and backtracking each that eventually brings the two into harmony to become one, forming one path that the native can travel proficiently and with great wisdom.

Food for thought, at least.
I feel this too, but I put it down to my saturn rx, but maybe it is the yod after all, redoing, redoing and again!
Unread 09-02-2012, 06:08 PM

What about a Yod that has two biQuintiles and a Quintile making the formation? My software calls it a 'palma' I guess...

I guess it probably doesn't apply anyway, because my Moon forms the apex with Jupiter and Mars in this formation...
Unread 09-02-2012, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catastrophe View Post
What about a Yod that has two biQuintiles and a Quintile making the formation? My software calls it a 'palma' I guess...

I guess it probably doesn't apply anyway, because my Moon forms the apex with Jupiter and Mars in this formation...
have a look at this:

http://sf-astroformations.org.uk/A%2...0of%20Yods.pdf
Unread 09-02-2012, 08:04 PM

I have an exact yod of Jupiter-Pluto/Saturn. Years ago I had a professional astrologer go through my chart and it was mentioned that jupiter, and jupiter transits will play an important part in my life because of this position. I honestly don't remember the details and up until now, I don't think jupiter has played a terribly important roll in my life. I say that because other aspects and placements in my chart has shown up more directly. It could also be due to the fact that my chart has a total of 5 inconjuncts (which is quite a lot) and it could just overshadow a lot of things.

chart: http://img831.imageshack.us/img831/9254/astro22.jpg
StillOne (04-08-2015)
Unread 09-02-2012, 09:37 PM

Also, Jupiter transits, in my experience, are not necessarily of the Jump Up and Shout variety. Sometimes a niice Jupiter transit means the pain recedes for a while, or you eat more chocolate. Maybe it is a time to become more philosophical or interested in religion. I've traced a couple of Jupiter returns with great expectations, yet nothing much came out of them.
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world. Jack Layton, "Letter to Canadians"

I thought we went along paths--but it seems there are no paths. The going itself is the path.
C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. Message on a refrigerator magnet.
The Following User Says Thank You to waybread For This Useful Post:
StillOne (04-08-2015)
Unread 05-02-2013, 03:34 AM

Red face Re: The Finger Of God. (Yod)

Hey everyone,

From the moment I found out that I have a Yod in my chart I have been looking extensively but found little for information suiting the aspecting pattern. I was hoping to get some more in depth insight by posting here.

According to my chart this is how it goes:

the moon (balsamic) is sextile to both mercury & venus
the moon is quincunx/ inconjunct to both neptune & uranus
mercury & venus are both quincunx/ inconjunct to neptune & uranus

Thanks so much for your help !
I am brand new to this forum and I was hoping someone could help me (i'm not sure if i posted this in the right area :/) my apologies if that is the case..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Astrotheme_gpv78Lmam328.jpg (38.3 KB, 7 views)
File Type: png Screen shot 2013-05-01 at 9.35.48 PM.png (56.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: png Screen shot 2013-05-01 at 9.35.58 PM.png (36.3 KB, 0 views)
Unread 05-02-2013, 06:00 AM

Hi Indie,

there's a strong regular, symmetric pattern in your chart, check out the following website on aspect formations:

http://www.the-business-shepherd.co.uk/
Unread 05-02-2013, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catastrophe View Post

I think this is referred to as a golden yod. There is an interesting article about it on chirotic.wordpress.com/2008/07/10/Hitler-and-the-golden-yod/

"Each player must accept the cards life deals him.
But once they are in hand, he alone must decide
how to play the cards in order to win the game."

~Voltaire

"Everyone and Everything is interconnected in the universe. Stay pure of heart and you will see the signs. Follow the signs, and you will find your destiny."

~Jeff Who Lives at Home
Unread 03-26-2015, 07:35 AM

I have found this thread to be very helpful, thanks to all who have posted!!

I am also included in the generation with the Neptune Pluto Sextile- in my natal chart it is almost exact (within .01 degrees), and while there is not a planet at the apex, my midheaven is at the apex (w/ in 1 degree)… I'm curious to know if it still "counts" as a yod, having the midheaven at the apex, rather than an actual planetary body?
This configuration kinda smacked me in the face today, and feel surprised I never noticed it before. My intuition feels all spiky and excited around it, like I just found a major clue in my journey, yet I'm not really sure what to make of it… I am also coming right up on my Saturn's return, and Saturn anchors my chart, exactly opposite my midheaven, so it is also the midpoint of the Neptune-Pluto sextile.

If anyone has any information or experience to share with me about this, I would be super grateful!!

Many thanks and star blessings abound!!
Unread 04-08-2015, 12:47 AM

BlesslieBee, there are conflicting ideas re the role of angles in a Yod. My chief source of info on Yods was from the book by Karen Hamaker-Zondag, "The Yod Book". It's a while since I read it, but I'm sure she allowed the Asc and MC to be included. A purist would not, since angles are not dynamic - they receive energy, but do not take part in energy exchange.

Keep in mind the power of the Yod in transit with that Pluto-Neptune sextile. This can be as life changing as having a natal Yod. When any planet crosses your MC - especially the slower moving planets - you will have a Yod experience, during which your life will slow down, with view to you making adjustments of some kind.

I don't know if it's possible to actually understand Yods, but the more reading you do on the subject, the closer you will come to being able to work with them. I would suggest you trawl through these two threads from a few years ago:

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum...pected+planets
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum...+Neptune+Pluto

"There is a crack in everything
That's how the light gets in."
- from Anthem
by Leonard Cohen
The Following User Says Thank You to R4VEN For This Useful Post:
StillOne (04-08-2015)

Tags
finger