Would I be a good doctor?

Ninneveh

Moon (evolution processes-fruition-growth-function of the charts quest) is in her Fall (future 2nd-apologizing for lack of enough solid interest in your question?) Are you really going anywhere with this question, have you thought it through? Are you tinkering about at its possibilities, really unprepared to get involved in the actual pursuit of becoming a doctor, or are you just putting out feelers to the universe -hypothesizing a lot of 'what ifs' without foundation of interest)?

Moon will quincunx (adjustments) Uranus (sudden altering of mind) changes could all of a sudden occur that involve sporadic incident-a reconsideration of choices are in order perhaps) in the 7th (public view) is not such a good augur. These adjustments are directly involved wtih personal choices, Moon has recently seperated from Venus in her fall, she is visiting lord of Libra on your Ascendant within her detriment sign Scorpio in your future 2nd & rules earning power.

About an apptitude delineation: Venus rules a major element in physician work along the lines of touch Venus in her detriment could indicate an inability related to this, represent a reticent attitude to apply necessary technique -correct diagnosis in healing. The will to heal is Libra (balance) but the culpability to be able to do so must include good aspects to Venus. A fine doctor of surgery has good aspects going to lord of the sign Scorpio-Mars for cutting, Venus to Mercury (presently in detriment-includes learning capacity) & Mars for insight and delicate applications. Uranus being one of these planets that makes good doctors as said is receiving a mildly discordant aspect from the Moon (fear of causing death instead of being able to heal its effect?), the aspect shows an interest in the doctorate field, (quincunx is sickness: is an aspect that takes into consideration the distance of six houses (field of work - health) apart from the planet that gives the aspect meaningfulness, but the aspect alone for consideration of becoming a doctor is not enough-is a slight energy. Quite frankly without it appearing in this hoary chart the map would not be radical to read, the Moon being VOC..Void of Course. I'm sorry Venus, lord of your Ascendant is letting you know those hidden understandings you subconsciously (Venus in Scorpio) are occultly aware of already? She ruling the touch factor in her detriment could mean a heavy hand in healing. Are you ready for 8-12 years of dedication in the field?:unsure:

StarSeek

Thank you very much for your delineation! I would have to add that Venus is in Trine with Neptune dignified in her own sign of Pisces from the 6th (Health and healing). Venus is also Exalted Lord of Pisces, which strengthens the aspect.

SunConjunctUranus

Thank you very much for your delineation! I would have to add that Venus is in Trine with Neptune dignified in her own sign of Pisces from the 6th (Health and healing). Venus is also Exalted Lord of Pisces, which strengthens the aspect.

Excuse me, are you sure using outer planet in horary chart¿¿¿

I may a rookie who know astrology since October 2018, but some other "vet" member would disagree with you by using outer planet in horary.

I respectfully disagree. I think you misunderstand me. I value the Ascendant as it will give us the Ascendant Lord. But I personally place more importance on the Ascendant Lord when delineating the chart than I do the Ascendant sign, not to say that it is unimportant in of itself. I use what I have found to work and be accurate for me. All astrologers have their own preferences and style, and no astrologer will be exactly alike in the way they delineate.

Than please, don't using lot, triplicity, head, dignity, etc [from Valerius Valens' technique] in your "subjective" astrology. I respectfully advice you to delineating with other mathematical technique because this could lead you to wrongfully prophecy.

Ninneveh

Excuse me, are you sure using outer planet in horary chart¿¿¿

I may a rookie who know astrology since October 2018, but some other "vet" member would disagree with you by using outer planet in horary.

Than please, don't using lot, triplicity, head, dignity, etc [from Valerius Valens' technique] in your "subjective" astrology. I respectfully advice you to delineating with other mathematical technique because this could lead you to wrongfully prophecy.

There are many horary astrologers who use outer planets, I am one of them. I will continue using them along with any techniques however I wish, thank you very much.

JUPITERASC

For anyone interested :smile:
there is a FREE online Horary course
at An Introduction to Horary
A basic, introductory course on horary to get you started - with interactive assignments and online resources

Another practical reason to maintain traditional sign rulerships in horary
is
we are generally dealing with person-oriented astrology
and placing great significance upon the sign rulers
to symbolise individuals or personal events.

The outer planets, are accepted as
tending to represent social or political influences.
Where they make a contact to the significators
they can add fine descriptive information
but their slow movement fails to convey personal influence
in the way that the quicker moving visible planets are able to
through techniques such as translation or collection of light.
essentially, the separation of a significator
from the contact of one planet and its movement towards another
will reveal who or what the querent last dealt with
prior to the question being asked
and who they will be dealing with next.
The outer planets are incapable of demonstrating this flow of movement
and therefore cannot reveal a fine degree of detail
in events or in the actions of the querent.
There is a clear disadvantage to using them in horary techniques.

Finally, there is evidence
that in horary the traditional rulerships work
because we have a significant heritage of past astrologers
who have demonstrated their use in practice
- and I can also validate it personally because my own charts
and a myriad of charts submitted by students and colleagues
have proved the case beyond question.

There is no role for the outer planets as sign rulers in horary
they don't act as rulers, co-rulers
or secondary influences over the signs of the zodiac.
Before leaving this lesson, read the article Philosophy of Sign Rulership,
which explains more
about the natural association between the planets
and their role as sign rulers.

Ninneveh

For anyone interested :smile:
there is a FREE online Horary course
at An Introduction to Horary
A basic, introductory course on horary to get you started - with interactive assignments and online resources

Another practical reason to maintain traditional sign rulerships in horary
is
we are generally dealing with person-oriented astrology
and placing great significance upon the sign rulers
to symbolise individuals or personal events.

The outer planets, are accepted as
tending to represent social or political influences.
Where they make a contact to the significators
they can add fine descriptive information
but their slow movement fails to convey personal influence
in the way that the quicker moving visible planets are able to
through techniques such as translation or collection of light.
essentially, the separation of a significator
from the contact of one planet and its movement towards another
will reveal who or what the querent last dealt with
prior to the question being asked
and who they will be dealing with next.
The outer planets are incapable of demonstrating this flow of movement
and therefore cannot reveal a fine degree of detail
in events or in the actions of the querent.
There is a clear disadvantage to using them in horary techniques.

Finally, there is evidence
that in horary the traditional rulerships work
because we have a significant heritage of past astrologers
who have demonstrated their use in practice
- and I can also validate it personally because my own charts
and a myriad of charts submitted by students and colleagues
have proved the case beyond question.

There is no role for the outer planets as sign rulers in horary
they don't act as rulers, co-rulers
or secondary influences over the signs of the zodiac.
Before leaving this lesson, read the article Philosophy of Sign Rulership,
which explains more
about the natural association between the planets
and their role as sign rulers.

Thank you JupiterAsc, but I have found in my own practice the validity of the Outer planets as sub-rulers, and my clients so far have found my horaries to be accurate and to their satisfaction. I am not encouraging anyone to do as I do. For those who wish to follow the traditional rulerships only, that is their prerogative.

Last edited:

SunConjunctUranus

Thank you JupiterAsc, but I have found in my own practice the validity of the Outer planets as sub-rulers, and my clients so far have found my horaries to be accurate and to their satisfaction. I am not encouraging anyone to do as I do. For those who wish to follow the traditional rulerships only, that is their prerogative.

Wow! "Profesional Astrologer" who want to become doctor.

Your horary map and my first statement [especially in the last line] show us the whole story. :biggrin:

Ninneveh

Wow! I barely know, an astrologer who had "client" just randomly using default astro.com chart. Wow! Uuhh this is "phenomenal"!

I use astro.com to present a chart on the forum because it's the one everyone is most familiar with. Through your childish behavior and condescension it is clear that you are seeking a fight with me for whatever reason, so you are no longer worth my time to respond to.

Wow! "Profesional Astrologer" who want to become doctor.

Your horary map and my first statement [especially in the last line] show us the whole story. :biggrin:

There have been many doctors who are also astrologers. Some were astrologers before they became doctors, and some were doctors before they became astrologers. As of now, I am merely an astrologer.

Last edited:

SunConjunctUranus

Aye btw, I'm curious who teach you using "Neptune" as your Lord significator in horary chart? Is that William Lily? Deborah Houlding? Robert Hand?

I may using that and make suggestion thread to use it if you had evidance. We can't accept it if you just using it because your self-proclaimed astrologer.

Or are you had licence to take care your client?

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

SunConjunctUranus

Aye this is humble advice for you. Most member in our forum didn't use placidus. They usually using regio.

And again it's not an insult to learn from amateur whos know astrology since October 2018.:biggrin:

Good bye

R

JUPITERASC

Thank you JupiterAsc, but I have found in my own practice
the validity of the Outer planets as sub-rulers, and
my clients so far have found my horaries to be accurate
and to their satisfaction.
I am not encouraging anyone to do as I do.
For those who wish to follow the traditional rulerships only, that
is their prerogative.
Well you have said use outers as SUB-rulers only :smile:
so then clearly
your successful horaries are independent of outers
because
the traditional ruler is utilised by yourself
not solely outers
so you also use traditonal rulerships successfully
and that is your prerogative

blackbery

I agree with your answer. AC Venus is conjunct Moon which rules the house of career.

And most modern astrologers do use outer planets in horary astrology and pay close attention to them when they are conjunct an angle or play an important role in the chart. All the people I know who study this branch include them.

:smile::smile::smile:

(I apologize to the moderators if I double posted this. I'd forgotten there was a sub-section for career horary questions. Please delete either one accordingly.)

In the course of deciding what to do with my life, I've often thought about whether or not I should pursue Medicine as a career.

My query is this: Would I be a good doctor?

My preliminary analysis is yes, due to the Lord of the Ascendant (Self) and Lord of the 10th (Career) being Conjunct in the 2nd House (Money) with the Lot of Fortune. North Node is in the 10th, indicating luck. William Lilly says, "If the principall Significator be in Scorpio, he may prove a good Chyrurgion, Apothecary or Physitian, a Brasier or Founder, a Brewer, Vintener, Water-man or Maltster."

I would appreciate other opinions :)

T2KJTBi.png

JUPITERASC

I agree with your answer. AC Venus is conjunct Moon which rules the house of career.
And most modern astrologers do use outer planets in horary astrology
and pay close attention to them when they are conjunct an angle
or play an important role in the chart.
All the people I know who study this branch include them.
Thank you JupiterAsc, but I have found in my own practice
the validity of the Outer planets as sub-rulers, and
my clients so far have found my horaries to be accurate
and to their satisfaction.
I am not encouraging anyone to do as I do.
For those who wish to follow the traditional rulerships only, that
is their prerogative.
Well you have said use outers as SUB-rulers only :smile:
so then clearly
your successful horaries are independent of outers
because
the traditional ruler is utilised by yourself
not solely outers
so you also use traditonal rulerships successfully
and that is your prerogative

blackbery

I came back quickly to look at the chart again to study further & I see that the Moon is Void. So that's probably why you are getting so many conflicting answers. Best to ask another time or ask a more direct question.

And most modern astrologers do use outer planets in horary astrology and pay close attention to them when they are conjunct an angle or play an important role in the chart. All the people I know who study this branch include them.

blackbery

The questioner is represented by Venus (Libra AC) and not by Mercury.:andy::andy::andy:
And Moon makes a Trine to Mars/Chiron which is the aspect of a healer/doctor/surgeon.
Plus, in the chart of an actual doctor, it would not be unusual to see a Mercury/Mars aspect because Mars rules surgery. It does
not denote that they will hurt their patient although 'cutting' into a patient is painful but necessary course of treatment.

It's all moot anyways because of the Void Moon.

I'm sorry, you don't like what I see. You [Virgo Mercury at I] and your recognition [Gemini Mercury at X] in enmity or square with the other people [malefic Mars at VII]. You might ending up hurt other people IF you become doctor.

Wishing well

R

Last edited: