Quick Question..

AppLeo

So in my chart, I have Moon conjunct Mercury in the 8th House, however, my Moon is in Virgo and my Mercury is in Leo. Does this still count as a conjunction?? I've read that astrologers don't count conjunctions if planets are not in the same sign, or if they're not in the same house. But my Mercury-Moon conjunction makes a lot of sense to me!!

MY chart

astro_2gw_01_chris.71184.41508.jpg

Alamits

Here is the logic that I use to figure out this question. Astrology is the interpretation of astronomy. Astronomically speaking the planets were indeed conjunct, however, it changes how you deal with said conjunction. You treat the conjunction as two planetary energies mixing rather than planets and sign indications mixing... Does this make sense? So you would look at the fact they are both planets of the mind (emotional and intellectual) and go from there.
So if it were me interpreting this, in a nutshell, I would talk about how the Moon doesn't like to be in Virgo very much because of the obsessions associated with Virgo. This only further agitates the already agitated nature of the mind.
In western astrology, Mercury is debilitated in Leo. I practice vedic astrology, where this isn't so, so maybe another western astrologer can talk to you about that bit. Given the Moon seems to be in better shape I would suggest the intellect would play a secondary role to the emotional body and other Moon indicated things.
See where I'm headed?
Short answer: Yes they are still conjunct by literal definition and given this you look at the conjunction is a slightly different light. The north node conjunct your Moon, to me, is worth more of your attention.... if you want my opinion.

katydid

When I see an out of sign conjunction there are a few things I look for to determine if it will ‘work’ as a true conjunction. Your Moon/Mercury passes my 4 basic requirements.

First I look at tightness of orb. If it is a very wide conjunction, and out of sign, then it is greatly weakened, in my opinion. I like it to be 4 degrees or less for strongest impact. Yours is on the edge of that. However, it passes the other 3 ‘tests.’

Are there aspects made to both planets from another planet? ‘ You have Saturn and Pluto making aspects to the conjunction. That tends to unify the two planets in conjunction.

Is there another point, planet or angle in between the two bodies?’ Your North Node is in the middle. That is another thing that can unify two planets.

And, perhaps most significant, the Mercury is the ruler [dispositor] of the Virgo Moon. That also cements the two planets into a unifying role.

So, in my opinion, your Moon and Mercury conjunction is valid, even though it is ‘out of sign.’ They probably work in unison to give you an active mind, great powers of perception, and an active imagination with intense emotional reactions to injustice?

AppLeo

You asked more or less this same question not too long ago right?

Well I wasn't very sure, and I wanted other people's opinions. And I wanted people to specifically tell me if my Moon and Mercury were conjunct. And look what happened, I learned more specific and better information by asking the question again.

sibylline

Well I wasn't very sure, and I wanted other people's opinions. And I wanted people to specifically tell me if my Moon and Mercury were conjunct. And look what happened, I learned more specific and better information by asking the question again.

Well, it depends. It just so happens that the two astrologers who replied first say yes (and I say yes as well), but there are other astrologers who would say no, they are not in conjunction.

By the way, have you bought any astro books yet? You should...learn astrology from the ground up.

AppLeo

Well, it depends. It just so happens that the two astrologers who replied first say yes (and I say yes as well), but there are other astrologers who would say no, they are not in conjunction.

By the way, have you bought any astro books yet? You should...learn astrology from the ground up.

Yes, I've bought like 5 and I read them all. I have been learning from the ground up, and I've watched Alyssa Sharpe's videos at the very beginning. Are you saying I'm stupid or something?? :unsure:

In one of the books I read, Sue Tompkins, who is the author, said that aspects do not count if they are not the right signs. I thought her decision would be the best decision, but when I heard people saying that the aspects still work anyway, I was getting really confused.

duenderoja

Yes, I've bought like 5 and I read them all. I have been learning from the ground up, and I've watched Alyssa Sharpe's videos at the very beginning. Are you saying I'm stupid or something?? :unsure:

In one of the books I read, Sue Tompkins, who is the author, said that aspects do not count if they are not the right signs. I thought her decision would be the best decision, but when I heard people saying that the aspects still work anyway, I was getting really confused.

Do you see an aspect of yourself in this conjunction?

In the end, efff the experts. Introspection wins above all.

ukdesifem

So in my chart, I have Moon conjunct Mercury in the 8th House, however, my Moon is in Virgo and my Mercury is in Leo. Does this still count as a conjunction?? I've read that astrologers don't count conjunctions if planets are not in the same sign, or if they're not in the same house. But my Mercury-Moon conjunction makes a lot of sense to me!!

MY chart

View attachment 60056

What? who says that?! lol.

It'sjust that the energies of the two signs will meld with the two planets.

Any time two or more planets are within 10 degrees is a conjunction. The house, sign, etc. doesn't matter.

sibylline

Lol, no. Don't read too much into statements. I'm glad you bought the books. Your 8th house Moon-Mercury conjunction could be put to good use in the deep study of esoteric subjects. :)

It's one of those things where you have to come to your own conclusions. I would say the best judge is reality. Do the aspects play out in real time? For me they do.

AppLeo

Do you see an aspect of yourself in this conjunction?

In the end, efff the experts. Introspection wins above all.

You're probably right. I see the aspect very much in me, so I guess it is a conjunction.

What? who says that?! lol.

It'sjust that the energies of the two signs will meld with the two planets.

Any time two or more planets are within 10 degrees is a conjunction. The house, sign, etc. doesn't matter.

A lot of people say that!?! 8-10 degree conjunctions aren't even that good, in my opinion.

Lol, no. Don't read too much into statements. I'm glad you bought the books. Your 8th house Moon-Mercury conjunction could be put to good use in the deep study of esoteric subjects. :)

It's one of those things where you have to come to your own conclusions. I would say the best judge is reality. Do the aspects play out in real time? For me they do.

I think the conjunction totally fits me. What are some good esoteric subjects?? Maybe like, ugh idk any. Herbal teas or something. Taboo things like sex are always fascinating though :lol

ukdesifem

It's not a matter of good, it's just how it's defined. I've just never heard of two close planets in different signs not counting as a conjunction.

JUPITERASC

So in my chart,

I have Moon conjunct Mercury
in the 8th House,
Fact is there are more than thirty different house systems
the house location of a natal planet may change
dependent on the house system chosen
Your natal Mercury and natal Moon are conjunc in 8th with Placidus houses
BUT
using Whole Sign Houses your Moon is 9th house your Mercury 8th house

easily verify that at astro.com's Extended Chart Selection Page
there, fourteen of the more popular house systems currently in use are available options
Placidus is simply the default
to view for yourself how that works in practice

simply create your natal chart using Whole Sign Houses option
then create the same natal chart but this time using the Placidus option

WHOLE SIGNS http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42163
WHOLE SIGN OR PLACIDUS http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39669
however, my Moon is in Virgo and my Mercury is in Leo.
Does this still count as a conjunction??

I've read that astrologers don't count conjunctions if planets are not in the same sign,
or if they're not in the same house.

But my Mercury-Moon conjunction makes a lot of sense to me!!

MY chart

View attachment 60056
Planets in different signs MAY be CONJUNCT OUT OF SIGN

IF those planets are within a three degree orb

TABLE TO SHOW ORBS FOR ASPECTUAL CONTACT
:smile:http://www.skyscript.co.uk/aspectorbs.html

sibylline

I think the conjunction totally fits me. What are some good esoteric subjects?? Maybe like, ugh idk any. Herbal teas or something.

Astrology is one, tarot is another that can intrigue those with an interest in astro. Don't want to get too off topic though. You can just stick with astrology for now...It will keep you busy for some time. :)