Random Thoughts, strictly Text

conspiracy theorist

Conspiracy theorist - I lost my reply to you but generally there are 2 ways to approach paralysis. The first is to improve sleep hygiene, including sleep more. The second is to change the way you work with the paralysis. In my opinion You cannot do the second without the first because it weakens the vessel that would contain the messaging. That is as I said my opinion. Some people stress the vessel purposely so it cracks. I don’t think that extra help is required by you given your Chart. How interesting that it is similar to Dostoyevsky’s.

There are a half dozen references here:
http://www.geocities.ws/jorgeconesa/Paralysis/YalePresentation.pdf

Thanks passiflora, bookmarking it. Brilliant sounding leads. Yes, it's a fact that I don't sleep enough. The succubus phenomena actually accompanied the bouts I had when I was around 5 - heavy fantasy prior to sleep which would result in a deep state of paralysis later in the night. I've had success with lucidity while dreaming, or at least between the state of waking and sleeping consciousness. Both of the most recent instances were of the kaleidoscopic variety, visual in one case and aural in the other. I've had experiences with landscaped environments before, and I've encountered the "gold threads" that many see during lucid dreaming.

conspiracy theorist

conspiracy theorist - yes, it sounds frightening. The childhood versions are more likely to be marked by fear due to lack of structure or tools.

At the beginning was fear but after a while it became so commonplace that fear turned into observation and curiosity of the mechanics. As a young teen, I knew that if I had heavy sexual fantasies prior to falling asleep that I would surely have a bout of sleep paralysis. I also figured out a breathing technique that would immediately get me out of it, but in recent years the "flow" of energy has changed and it doesn't work anymore. I've also experienced dreams within dreams within dreams when on the knife's edge of waking consciousness. And the phenomena I encounter during sleep paralysis evolves over time so that what I understood when younger no longer applies. Lots of wild ****. I'm sleeping (pun intended) on my skills. I really should go about developing the ability to lucid dream, but I've been focused on other things.

Last edited:

conspiracy theorist

I also had a recent bout where a translucent "hat man" (apparently a well-known entity that crops up for people during sleep paralysis) had a large vacuum for a hand that was siphoning of my energy. During it, I had two thoughts - "This seems to be an auto-suggestive phenomena - what is really happening why this entity cropped up now?" and "Perhaps this entity was constellated around me and it simultaneously entered my purview when I found out about it consciously with a corresponding unconscious meeting. Since these things might not adhere to 'regular time intervals'" It's an interesting problem for me, finding out what the hell is really going on. I've become detached about it over the years.

Last edited:

conspiracy theorist

Is he Saturnine, the hat man? Does he belong more to you, to the collective, or to the space in between? Why do you figure sleep paralysis happens after fantasizing before sleep? Do those fantasies delay your sleep or push you between worlds?

I am curious about lucid dreaming, but settle for heightened dreaming. It seems there is so much beyond my awareness that I would not like to close off one of the only reliable avenues for getting through my thick skull.

Definitely not of my own dream-making. Here's an article on the phenomena, it seems to something of a modern day myth/archetype. https://www.gaia.com/article/the-shadow-hat-man-story-superstition-or-a-real-phenomenon

The mythological entity that have showed up the most in my dreams over my life were vampires.

At least personally, there is some connection between sexual energy and heightened activity in dream/sleeping states. In times of abstinence dreams increase in vividity and frequency, and they get more mythical the longer I converse energy. On the other hand, proceeding an explosion I can get a very diabolical dream, accompanied by sleep paralysis and the burning of my internals. As a young teen/child the potency of sexual arousal would make the fantasies have "body", similar to what you here magical teachers refer to as the power of visualization. You could say I was partaking in "evocation", inadvertently.

Sounds like you don't want to risk your connection to higher awareness(es). I prefer to push the envelope. Hopefully I don't go insane. There is precedent for that in my family.

conspiracy theorist

Moonkat mentioned a course that she did called "writers on drugs". Unfortunately the universities here are too conventional and unadventurous to do something like that.

Gemini888

My dad got into it with me, bought a bunch of prisms. He was more into the physics of it--equations and all that boring stuff. :biggrin:
I asked that because it's common for a high school kid to want to adopt a "nerdy" hobby for the luv or (cool factor), especially given that you have so many Aqua placements. So it doesn't seem like you were acting hippy then. Did you feel bored because of Pisces? :D

Gemini888

@CT do you think it's possible to see dreams in a chart? You did comment on a method of interpreting dreams on a horary thread, but that article you linked to only used birth chart. Can a dream be seen in a horary chart too?

david starling

Moonkat mentioned a course that she did called "writers on drugs". Unfortunately the universities here are too conventional and unadventurous to do something like that.

All of the great literary works were accompanied by tobacco use, beginning with the Elizabethan era, which includes the Shakespearean plays. The dumbing down of America includes the demonization of tobacco.[IMO]

conspiracy theorist

@CT do you think it's possible to see dreams in a chart? You did comment on a method of interpreting dreams on a horary thread, but that article you linked to only used birth chart. Can a dream be seen in a horary chart too?

I certainly think it's possible. There is the standard view of using the house that signifies the quesited (like 9th house for dreams) or you could view the chart holistically to see the "character" of the dream. I don't know which one would be likelier to yield a more accurate answer, perhaps like every other thing in the astrology world it would depend on the skill of the astrologer.

Gemini888

My first sleep paralysis was when I was about 10. I dreamed of having the worst blocked nose ever. It was so bad that it would be absurd irl. Nevertheless, it felt real in the dream and I thought I was dying. Then the next thing I knew, I suddenly breathed out and woke up. I realized I was holding my breath during sleep. Since then the same formula happened occasionally. Only this time I don't have blocked nose anymore. The dreams are much more sinister. Usually I would be involved in a prank and someone would sit on my chest or cover my face with a pillow. And I would struggle to break free. The scariest thing is that when I struggle I can feel my physical body in the real world, but my mind is still stuck in the dream. It's like I'm stuck between two worlds, and I'm completely aware that I'm dreaming, but I just can't get my body to move in the real world. Once I could even hear my family calling my name in the real world, and I tried to call them back, but my mouth was covered in the dream and I couldn't utter a word.

david starling

I asked that because it's common for a high school kid to want to adopt a "nerdy" hobby for the luv or (cool factor), especially given that you have so many Aqua placements. So it doesn't seem like you were acting hippy then. Did you feel bored because of Pisces? :D

No. It was because my whole family was heavily Earth-sign, mostly Taurus. I used the prisms to create rainbows in my room, which cheered me up. I guess I was addicted to the light-show color displays I was able to create.

david starling

I certainly think it's possible. There is the standard view of using the house that signifies the quesited (like 9th house for dreams) or you could view the chart holistically to see the "character" of the dream. I don't know which one would be likelier to yield a more accurate answer, perhaps like every other thing in the astrology world it would depend on the skill of the astrologer.

I can't help wondering what rahu would say about your tumultuous dream-life. Nodes and Vertices would undoubtedly be involved, along with who-knows-what else. Did you ever get a reading from him?

conspiracy theorist

I can't help wondering what rahu would say about your tumultuous dream-life. Nodes and Vertices would undoubtedly be involved, along with who-knows-what else. Did you ever get a reading from him?

Ironically, he was the first person to read my chart on here. It's also funny, because I think I'm the only person to which his response was like, "With x and y placement, you should know already." His MO seems to be to dump reams of his "unique astrology" unto the heads of who is reading, but not me. When the thread was bumped in recent times, rahu realized that he did a reading for me, and subsequently deleted the **** out of it, hahahaha.

Neptune/Uranus conjunction squares my nodes etc

Gemini888

Scott Fitzgerald makes a good example of writer gone mad.

If you want to go further than writing, Kurt Cobain and Van Gosh are good too.

Gemini888

Ironically, he was the first person to read my chart on here. It's also funny, because I think I'm the only person to which his response was like, "With x and y placement, you should know already." His MO seems to be to dump reams of his "unique astrology" unto the heads of who is reading, but not me. When the thread was bumped in recent times, rahu realized that he did a reading for me, and subsequently deleted the **** out of it, hahahaha.

Neptune/Uranus conjunction squares my nodes etc
Your Sag placements at play here? Sag is quite notorious for honesty.