The Flight of Mr. Davis~ The Grand Fire Trine

astralrabbit

Account Closed
With a look of joy in his eye, he smiled wide and began to explain that he had an excellent memory for a man of 80 years. I smiled back and exclaimed to him that he was most certainly doing better than I was. I had come to remove damaged flooring to replace from a water leak that had infiltrated his condo by way of the neighbor's floor above in the closet that housed the furnace. I made quick work of the removal and we jointly made the call to leave the floor space open so that all of the residual moisture could evaporate over the course of the coming week.
Afterwards he offered me a cup of coffee and a place to sit and we began to talk about our great journey's of the past to strange foreign lands. I quickly learned that this man was extremely intelligent and upon further inspection observed that he was very easily over-whelmed with to much information. I noted that to him and ask him if he felt a resonance to Astrology. That is when his eyes lit up like a child's at Christmas and he began to tell me of the story of a beautiful lady astrologer that he had an immediate connection with who had read his natal chart for him. He was an Aquarius with Sagittarius rising and with Aries moon. The lady was the same sun and rising combination as he. Lol...and he had a mercury in Aquarius...
During our conversation he spoke of his home in Florida in the winter and of his great longing for Asheville in the summers. He had spent his entire life directing and teaching theater and now at 80 years old he was learning how to play the piano and he was going to stay young forever, looking forward to turning 84 so as to experience his Uranus Return. I finished my coffee and expressed my gratitude for the coffee and the conversation. We shook hands and I made the appointment to come back this last Saturday to lay the remainder of the flooring. He expressed his delight with our visit and looked forward to our next opportunity at coffee and conversation.
On Saturday the 27th I went as promised at 9 Am and knocked on his door and sat for an hour waiting for him; at 10 am I packed up all of my tools and left for the next project, and I just couldn't help but to have a feeling that Mr. Davis was no longer here on this earth. On Sunday I received word that Mr. Davis did indeed pass away the night before.
I can't help but to reflect on the our brief encounter and feel a sense of gratitude to Mr. Davis, for sharing his life with me before taking flight into the great cosmic sea. That brief encounter has left with me the awareness that we are only here in this moment right now and that the next moment is not guaranteed to come with the sound of the wrens whistling their praise for the great universal energy as the sun breaks upon the dewy eye of the horizon. I am thankful to you Mr Davis and I hope that our paths will cross again someday. Thank you ~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSif77IVQdY

Last edited: