D10 chart

I cee

I'm very new to this. I would be most grateful if it is possible. For help in drawing up a D10 chart.
I don't have any software. Can the D10 chart be drawn from the D1 chart?
How are these charts divided, devised??
I think I have done my D9 chart, not sure, but used astro.coms 9th harmonic chart but the '10' didn't workout right, checked against others charts etc for comparison.
****** confused******:pinched:
Any help much appreciated

Zarathu

Account Closed
You are looking for a 10th Harmonic chart?

An harmonic chart is calculated by multiplying the longitude of each base chart point and angle by the harmonic number, and then reducing the resultant numbers to the range 0 to 360. The house system in the resulting chart is based on the position of the harmonic ascendant.

Most astrology charting programs will do it for you. John Addey's new book uses a proprietary program, but his old one uses the ones that most of the programs do. Both of my programs will do it(Astroldeluxe by Haloran, and Solar Fire 7).

I cee

You are looking for a 10th Harmonic chart?

An harmonic chart is calculated by multiplying the longitude of each base chart point and angle by the harmonic number, and then reducing the resultant numbers to the range 0 to 360. The house system in the resulting chart is based on the position of the harmonic ascendant.

Most astrology charting programs will do it for you. John Addey's new book uses a proprietary program, but his old one uses the ones that most of the programs do. Both of my programs will do it(Astroldeluxe by Haloran, and Solar Fire 7).

Thanks for the reply Zarathu ....you sweetie!
But I think our wires are crossed and I don't want to blow a fuse or short circuit you.
I was wondering if the 9th harmonic chart was in fact the D9 chart in vedic astrology? But then the 10th harmonic chart doesn't correlate with the D10 chart.
I also stated that I do not have software to do this.
Do you know how to draw up a D10 vedic chart without software?

Also could someone recommend a book on vedic astrology for a beginner?

dr. farr

There is a difference between the harmonic charts and the traditional jyotish varga charts in the way they are drawn up: basically the varga charts are calculated on the degrees from 0-29 (of a sign) and the harmonic charts are calculated based on the degrees of the entire 360 degree circle of the zodiac.
I have used the easily available astro.com harmonic charts for all purposes connected with the indicated Vedic varga: eg, I use the harmonic 9 chart for the same purposes as the varga D9 (navamsa) chart, and I have obtained excellent results in doing so: HOWEVER, using the harmonic charts for the varga charts is EXPERIMENTAL-if you want to be traditional (in Vedic) you must make up your varga chart according to traditional calculations.
All of the major Vedic/jyotish software programs will erect the varga charts according to traditional Vedic calculations (note: the principle varga divisional charts are: the D2, the D3, the D4, the D6, the D7, the D9, the D10, the D12, the D16, the D17, the D20, the D27, the D30, the D40 and the D60) However, to do the varga chart calculations by hand requires specific instructions in books about divisional charts: best one is by V.P. Goel, entitled "Predict Comphrehensively through Divisional Charts" (available from several internet vendors including astroamerica.com)

I cee

There is a difference between the harmonic charts and the traditional jyotish varga charts in the way they are drawn up: basically the varga charts are calculated on the degrees from 0-29 (of a sign) and the harmonic charts are calculated based on the degrees of the entire 360 degree circle of the zodiac.
I have used the easily available astro.com harmonic charts for all purposes connected with the indicated Vedic varga: eg, I use the harmonic 9 chart for the same purposes as the varga D9 (navamsa) chart, and I have obtained excellent results in doing so: HOWEVER, using the harmonic charts for the varga charts is EXPERIMENTAL-if you want to be traditional (in Vedic) you must make up your varga chart according to traditional calculations.
All of the major Vedic/jyotish software programs will erect the varga charts according to traditional Vedic calculations (note: the principle varga divisional charts are: the D2, the D3, the D4, the D6, the D7, the D9, the D10, the D12, the D16, the D17, the D20, the D27, the D30, the D40 and the D60) However, to do the varga chart calculations by hand requires specific instructions in books about divisional charts: best one is by V.P. Goel, entitled "Predict Comphrehensively through Divisional Charts" (available from several internet vendors including astroamerica.com)
Thats fantastic Dr Farr, thankyou so much for youre help, much appreciated. I will look for the book you mention!
Your'e a star Dr Farr :)